HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

***NHL 13 Thread*** (Part 7)

View Poll Results: What do you think of NHL 13
Best Game I ever bought 20 7.33%
It is pretty good I like it 147 53.85%
It is okay 60 21.98%
I rather play NHL 12 46 16.85%
Voters: 273. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
09-23-2012, 02:01 PM
JVR21
G

vCash: 500
So I applied 3 consumables to Luca Sbisa, making him an 88 overall. After playing I game I go back to see that he's once again an 84 and all the consumables I used on him disappeared. Anybody else have a problem like this?

Old
09-23-2012, 02:37 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
So I applied 3 consumables to Luca Sbisa, making him an 88 overall. After playing I game I go back to see that he's once again an 84 and all the consumables I used on him disappeared. Anybody else have a problem like this?
In HUT? Training only lasts for 1 game, so you may aswell just sell them

Old
09-23-2012, 02:40 PM
Kbs

Does anyone have any tips for defending against people online who only use players who are insanely fast?

The game favours speed so much that a player like Grabner can go end to end easily because the defensemen turn around so slow.

People have started realizing that fast players are ridiculously good because they can fly by everyone without being pokechecked. Now I keep running into people who use Raymond, Grabner, Cogliano, and Havlat so it's a pain in the ass trying to contain them.

Old
09-23-2012, 03:30 PM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiTzLaMia View Post
It's not I saw a picture of Crosby and Kopitar, today I got Couture on waivers
People can do some pretty creative things to get the game do what they want. I've never seen one of those players on waivers and I've actually never even seen those players traded. The only time I've seen 80+ overall players put on waivers is if they have very high cap hits, low trade value and usually they're also having bad seasons.

The only real problem with waivers that I've had is teams will often throw a prospect you traded them on waivers and they'll be picked up if you had that player in the NHL. For example, I traded Dana Tyrell, Even McEneny (Prospect I had playing for me), another prospect and a first round pick to Phoenix for Aaron Ekblad and a 3rd line center, Phoenix immdietely put the 4 star 74 overall McEneny on waivers and he was promptly picked up. That's my only problem with waivers, teams won't think anything of throwing a valuable player on waivers if their overall is too low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbs View Post
Does anyone have any tips for defending against people online who only use players who are insanely fast?

The game favours speed so much that a player like Grabner can go end to end easily because the defensemen turn around so slow.

People have started realizing that fast players are ridiculously good because they can fly by everyone without being pokechecked. Now I keep running into people who use Raymond, Grabner, Cogliano, and Havlat so it's a pain in the ass trying to contain them.
Stand still, spam poke check lol. Most people expect people to try to move to try to stop them, if you just stand your ground it usually surprises them, don't turn and hit the pokecheck, hit the poke check before they get to you.

Old
09-23-2012, 03:37 PM
JVR21
G

Quote:
What? This wasn't the case in previous years, right? Wow, they're useless then. There's no point in getting prospects...

Old
09-23-2012, 03:54 PM
Fire Dumboer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faidh ar Rud Eigin View Post
People can do some pretty creative things to get the game do what they want. I've never seen one of those players on waivers and I've actually never even seen those players traded. The only time I've seen 80+ overall players put on waivers is if they have very high cap hits, low trade value and usually they're also having bad seasons.

The only real problem with waivers that I've had is teams will often throw a prospect you traded them on waivers and they'll be picked up if you had that player in the NHL. For example, I traded Dana Tyrell, Even McEneny (Prospect I had playing for me), another prospect and a first round pick to Phoenix for Aaron Ekblad and a 3rd line center, Phoenix immdietely put the 4 star 74 overall McEneny on waivers and he was promptly picked up. That's my only problem with waivers, teams won't think anything of throwing a valuable player on waivers if their overall is too low.
Well I don't know how to do that stuff and I got Couture on waivers

Old
09-23-2012, 05:04 PM
David71

what is the bias bar used for in nhl 13?

Old
09-23-2012, 06:18 PM
Patchey*

Quote:
Originally Posted by David71 View Post
what is the bias bar used for in nhl 13?
Set it to NZ if you want your team to hang Back, Set it to FC if you want to be aggressive on the forecheck

Old
09-23-2012, 07:24 PM
Sureshotte
Thumbs up, soldier!

One thing I HATE - those 'goals' that you have where your shot apparently hits the post, only the puck doesn't ping off and stops as if it went in the net. There's no 'ping' sound either so it makes you think it's a goal. Really, really irritating.

Old
09-23-2012, 08:29 PM
Kbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureshotte View Post
One thing I HATE - those 'goals' that you have where your shot apparently hits the post, only the puck doesn't ping off and stops as if it went in the net. There's no 'ping' sound either so it makes you think it's a goal. Really, really irritating.
That just happened to me a few minutes ago. It was tied, late in the 3rd period, and I had it happen. It made it worse because I lost the game in overtime

Old
09-23-2012, 08:52 PM
Sureshotte
Thumbs up, soldier!

Another issue I have with online stuff - I know it's not 100% accurate, but going by the team logos that people have most people I match against are either playing from Canada or the Midwest. I have not played a single person with a Ducks, Sharks, Kings, Phoenix etc. logo in any of the games I've ever played. The closest I think has been the Stars and Avs.

The point? This means I get horrible lag every game which makes it feel like I'm playing in slow-motion.

It's something I hate in all EA sports games actually - let me match up with people in the region I choose! Implement some regional leagues! Unfortunately, EA have progressively shown they don't care about ping, going from numbers to colored bars to NOTHING to show what kind of ping you're getting to someone. It also hides any issues with their own infrastructure, so less money for them to spend.

Old
09-23-2012, 09:25 PM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureshotte View Post
Another issue I have with online stuff - I know it's not 100% accurate, but going by the team logos that people have most people I match against are either playing from Canada or the Midwest. I have not played a single person with a Ducks, Sharks, Kings, Phoenix etc. logo in any of the games I've ever played. The closest I think has been the Stars and Avs.

The point? This means I get horrible lag every game which makes it feel like I'm playing in slow-motion.

It's something I hate in all EA sports games actually - let me match up with people in the region I choose! Implement some regional leagues! Unfortunately, EA have progressively shown they don't care about ping, going from numbers to colored bars to NOTHING to show what kind of ping you're getting to someone. It also hides any issues with their own infrastructure, so less money for them to spend.
Most games do it even if they don't show you that they're trying to match you up with someone close to you. EA games definitely do this, if you check/ask where the people you playing with are from, unless you're from somewhere with hardly any people, you'll usually get someone near year you. Case in point why I haven't played someone from anywhere farther south than Philadelphia, farther east then Boston, farther west than Chicago, and farther North than Sudbury in I don't know how long.

Old
09-23-2012, 09:41 PM
Sureshotte
Thumbs up, soldier!

Yeah, but personally, I don't want it to extend its search after it fails to find someone close by within 5 seconds. I would prefer to wait and play a game where my ping's decent rather than waste 20 minutes of my life playing out an exercise in utter frustration. Hence, I would like a hard option to specify where I want to search.

Old
09-23-2012, 10:36 PM
Tribu

In my Gm connected league, one guy traded McLeod and Stefan Elliot plus 2 or 3 first round picks to Dallas for Erikson, Goligoski and Glennie. Then Dallas puts Jamie Benn and Cody Eakin on waivers. wtf

Old
09-23-2012, 11:49 PM
Crazyalbo

beat the 45th overall team today in eashl, and just won 2 games 8-0 and 19-0 lmao, other teams goalie had a meltdown after 11-0, 2 shutouts for me yeaa

Old
09-24-2012, 12:24 AM
keslerburrows

Stupidest thing happened to my GM connected league today. So at 6:30 pm our commish advanced the league, once the advancement was finalized all of us came online to play... At this time everybody's Xbox freezed. All 8 of us tried over 15 teams to get into the league and it froze, every time. Any other game mode would be fine, even other GM connected leagues would work. But for some reason, ours wouldn't. I have given up hope for the night. Hoping its better tomorrow. Anybody have this happen?

Old
09-24-2012, 07:33 AM
WhiskeyDeke
Shut up, Keith.

Boinngg - http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/136304268

Ghost players - http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/136320685

Old
09-24-2012, 08:16 AM
token grinder

had a frustrating game last night. goalie makes the save and is covering, guys we are playing dives in front of him and swings stick on the ice and the puck popped free 3 times. frustrating.

Old
09-24-2012, 11:58 AM
Tak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
had a frustrating game last night. goalie makes the save and is covering, guys we are playing dives in front of him and swings stick on the ice and the puck popped free 3 times. frustrating.
I have no idea why they they've included that little feature in this game - if the goalie has the puck covered, he has it covered, and the play is dead. Why the hell would you let other players free that puck?

It's just dumb.

Old
09-24-2012, 12:14 PM
Krishna

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak7 View Post
I have no idea why they they've included that little feature in this game - if the goalie has the puck covered, he has it covered, and the play is dead. Why the hell would you let other players free that puck?

It's just dumb.
Pretty sure they came out last year and said it was a glitch

Old
09-24-2012, 12:25 PM
jfb392

On September 14th, the Edmonton Oil Kings tweeted this:
Quote:
EdmOilKings RT if you think @EASportsNHL needs to make sure @NHL_Oilers 2nd round draft pick @MitchMoroz is included in their next roster update #NHL13
http://twitter.com/EdmOilKings/statu...38901736607744

..and ten days later, EA thought they'd finally address it:
Quote:
EASPORTSNHL @MitchMoroz, sorry we missed this tweet. We're looking into fixing this ASAP. Stay tuned! (CC: @EdmOilKings @NHL_Oilers)
http://twitter.com/EASPORTSNHL/statu...82640438083585

At least that may mean a roster update will be coming soon.

Old
09-24-2012, 01:10 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Got the game yesterday, didn't get NHL 12.... this game is awesome! Love the skating as it gives it a very realistic feel.

Old
09-24-2012, 01:18 PM
n00bxQb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faidh ar Rud Eigin View Post
This is an exageration, the highest rated players I've seen on waivers have been Kyle Turris and David Deharnais, both guys who were having horrible years for their teams, and I've played a lot.
LAK has put Kopitar on waivers in multiple BAGMs and GMCs for me.

Old
09-24-2012, 01:20 PM
n00bxQb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
On September 14th, the Edmonton Oil Kings tweeted this:

http://twitter.com/EdmOilKings/statu...38901736607744

..and ten days later, EA thought they'd finally address it:

http://twitter.com/EASPORTSNHL/statu...82640438083585

At least that may mean a roster update will be coming soon.
Yeah, after Yakupov signs in the KHL ...

Old
09-24-2012, 01:41 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
Really???

That's really dumb.

Closed Thread