HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

***NHL 13 Thread*** (Part 7)

View Poll Results: What do you think of NHL 13
Best Game I ever bought 20 7.33%
It is pretty good I like it 147 53.85%
It is okay 60 21.98%
I rather play NHL 12 46 16.85%
Voters: 273. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
09-24-2012, 02:01 PM
Krishna

vCash: 50
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/136338665

Old
09-24-2012, 02:24 PM
jfb392

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00bxQb View Post
Yeah, after Yakupov signs in the KHL ...
What does that have to do with anything?

Old
09-24-2012, 02:34 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faidh ar Rud Eigin View Post
This is an exageration, the highest rated players I've seen on waivers have been Kyle Turris and David Deharnais, both guys who were having horrible years for their teams, and I've played a lot.
It depends on what level you're playing too. I've seen no such high profile players on waivers. I think the best player I've seen going through waivers was Leopold.

Im in 2024 and I've yet to see an unsigned RFA either. Something they definitely fixed.

Old
09-24-2012, 03:49 PM
KevFu

I'm usually the last guy in the world to complain about video games. I've only recently started getting editions each year, since the online component is so fun and no one's playing NHL12 online when 13 is out.

But I was extremely disappointed with NHL13. There's just some things they can and should do with it that are so easy (based on other EA Sports games).

#1 - Create A Team.
In the NCAA Football game, you can create a team ONLINE and then import it into the game. This allows you to quickly do all the uniforms instead of searching for your color 36 times to do the gloves and pads.

And you can upload your own logo and name them WHATEVER YOU WANT. Why can you name your club teams whatever you want, but not in the game?

At least let us swap/add AHL teams and their logos/unis in the NHL.

You're also limited to a 23-man roster in Create-A-Team. Why can't I put everyone who's PHX property onto the Quebec Nordiques (err, I'm sorry, they have to be the Quebec City Nijnas or whatever).

And the only mode you can actually use created teams in is basically "SEASON."

#2 - Realignment
Realignment is definitely a hot topic in the NHL. Give us the ability to set up a league how we want it.

We should be able to pick our number of teams (18, 20, 24, 28, 30, 32, or 36), our number of conferences (1-4)/divisions (1-4), and put those teams where we want them; and set the schedule to a number of options.

If you can do NCAA realignment with 120 football teams and various division alignments, you should be able to do it with the NHL.

There should be a League Configuration screen at the start of EVERY GAME MODE. Options on importing created teams, picking your alignment and the schedule.

How many more people would play GM Connected if you could get rid of PHX, FLA, CBJ, NASH, etc., and move CAR back to HART, add HAM, QUE, SEA, etc to the league and actually play all the game modes with your city involved?

#3 - Be A Pro
-- MLB The Show (yes, I realize this isn't an EA game) lets you name players what ever you want, but also has announcer name fields. If your created players names (first and last) are on the master lists, the PA and Play-by-Play announcers will say it.

-- It claimed that the ice time was more realistic. Yet, I'm still averaging 4 long shifts a game because the gate isn't open when it should be. It keeps calling me for a change when I'm on the PK and in my own zone. I'm not giving up a 5-on-3 to hit the bench, then we clear and it's closed and you can't get off the ice. And of course, then they're be times where my shift starts on a face-off, the puck is frozen after two seconds and I'm back on the bench.

Old
09-24-2012, 04:08 PM
Slats432

All in all the gameplay is great....but the simulation in PS3 of the Be a GM days off is painful. Takes me about 10 minutes or more to sim from when I am done free agency (July 20) to start of preseason in mid-September.

Extremely painful.

Is Xbox the same?

Old
09-24-2012, 04:18 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevFu View Post
I'm usually the last guy in the world to complain about video games. I've only recently started getting editions each year, since the online component is so fun and no one's playing NHL12 online when 13 is out.

But I was extremely disappointed with NHL13. There's just some things they can and should do with it that are so easy (based on other EA Sports games).

#1 - Create A Team.
In the NCAA Football game, you can create a team ONLINE and then import it into the game. This allows you to quickly do all the uniforms instead of searching for your color 36 times to do the gloves and pads.

And you can upload your own logo and name them WHATEVER YOU WANT. Why can you name your club teams whatever you want, but not in the game?

At least let us swap/add AHL teams and their logos/unis in the NHL.

You're also limited to a 23-man roster in Create-A-Team. Why can't I put everyone who's PHX property onto the Quebec Nordiques (err, I'm sorry, they have to be the Quebec City Nijnas or whatever).

And the only mode you can actually use created teams in is basically "SEASON."

#2 - Realignment
Realignment is definitely a hot topic in the NHL. Give us the ability to set up a league how we want it.

We should be able to pick our number of teams (18, 20, 24, 28, 30, 32, or 36), our number of conferences (1-4)/divisions (1-4), and put those teams where we want them; and set the schedule to a number of options.

If you can do NCAA realignment with 120 football teams and various division alignments, you should be able to do it with the NHL.

There should be a League Configuration screen at the start of EVERY GAME MODE. Options on importing created teams, picking your alignment and the schedule.

How many more people would play GM Connected if you could get rid of PHX, FLA, CBJ, NASH, etc., and move CAR back to HART, add HAM, QUE, SEA, etc to the league and actually play all the game modes with your city involved?

#3 - Be A Pro
-- MLB The Show (yes, I realize this isn't an EA game) lets you name players what ever you want, but also has announcer name fields. If your created players names (first and last) are on the master lists, the PA and Play-by-Play announcers will say it.

-- It claimed that the ice time was more realistic. Yet, I'm still averaging 4 long shifts a game because the gate isn't open when it should be. It keeps calling me for a change when I'm on the PK and in my own zone. I'm not giving up a 5-on-3 to hit the bench, then we clear and it's closed and you can't get off the ice. And of course, then they're be times where my shift starts on a face-off, the puck is frozen after two seconds and I'm back on the bench.
#1. You can select your favorite colors so you don't have to always find them

#2 I believe you can already do that before you start the season.. Not that it matters anyway since the arenas are all the same

#3 You can do that with last names..

Old
09-24-2012, 04:20 PM
jfb392

Quote:
EASPORTSNHL @MitchMoroz we're adding you to #NHL13 tomorrow! Sorry for the slip-up! [CC: @EdmOilKings @NHL_Oilers]
http://twitter.com/EASPORTSNHL/statu...35151412887552

Roster update tomorrow, I guess?

Old
09-24-2012, 04:27 PM
KevFu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
#1. You can select your favorite colors so you don't have to always find them

#2 I believe you can already do that before you start the season.. Not that it matters anyway since the arenas are all the same

#3 You can do that with last names..
#1 - Yeah, you can add your favorite colors to a palette, but have you ever done the Team Builder online in NCAA Football? It takes about 1/7th of the time as NHL.

#2 - Only in season mode on PS3 that I can see.

#3 - I've yet to hear any form of my name said, and it's not like there aren't Kevin's in the NHL.

Old
09-24-2012, 04:28 PM
wKetch22
Pure Grime

Quote:
oh god that made me literally laugh out loud in class

Old
09-24-2012, 04:32 PM
Krishna

Quote:
#1 - Yeah, you can add your favorite colors to a palette, but have you ever done the Team Builder online in NCAA Football? It takes about 1/7th of the time as NHL.

#2 - Only in season mode on PS3 that I can see.

#3 - I've yet to hear any form of my name said, and it's not like there aren't Kevin's in the NHL.
1. I don't play NCAA so I don't really know how their team builder works. Not that it matters much anyway since it's probably one of the NHL's least used features

3. When you create a player, have you looked through the list of names? I'm about to hop on the game now. I'll check it

Old
09-24-2012, 04:38 PM
Krishna

There is indeed kevin on the Name list.

Old
09-24-2012, 04:38 PM
KevFu

Quote:
1. I don't play NCAA so I don't really know how their team builder works. Not that it matters much anyway since it's probably one of the NHL's least used features
Yeah, it's least-used because you can't DO ANYTHING with them.

The BOH forum on this board is jammed full of people expressing a desire to relocate PHX, FLA, NASH, CAR, TB, ANA, CBJ.

Old
09-24-2012, 04:39 PM
JacobimMugatu
HF Strength Thread

Just got a 2-0 shutout in an OTP game where my team got outshot 22-5
feelsgoodman

Old
09-24-2012, 05:00 PM
Dreakon

Quote:
Originally Posted by slats432 View Post
All in all the gameplay is great....but the simulation in PS3 of the Be a GM days off is painful. Takes me about 10 minutes or more to sim from when I am done free agency (July 20) to start of preseason in mid-September.

Extremely painful.

Is Xbox the same?
The Xbox is far more reasonable if you install the game to the hard drive. I've simmed through entire seasons, and offseason, in like 20-25 minutes... give or take.

That's part of the reason I got the 360 over the PS3. Being able to install all my games to the HDD is a lifesaver sometimes.

Last edited by Dreakon: 09-24-2012 at 05:05 PM.
Old
09-24-2012, 05:04 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Yeah, it's least-used because you can't DO ANYTHING with them.

The BOH forum on this board is jammed full of people expressing a desire to relocate PHX, FLA, NASH, CAR, TB, ANA, CBJ.
The last 5 make me wonder if people know what they are talking about.

Old
09-24-2012, 05:09 PM
Krishna

They took them out of the game?

Old
09-24-2012, 05:14 PM
jfb392

Quote:

They took them out of the game?
They were discontinued this season so they probably had to.

Old
09-24-2012, 05:16 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
They were discontinued this season so they probably had to.
There's a lot of discontinued jerseys in the game

Old
09-24-2012, 05:17 PM
Oscar Acosta
Bat Country

vCash: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreakon View Post
The Xbox is far more reasonable if you install the game to the hard drive. I've simmed through entire seasons, and offseason, in like 20-25 minutes... give or take.

That's part of the reason I got the 360 over the PS3. Being able to install all my games to the HDD is a lifesaver sometimes.
The PS3 installs all games to the HDD.

Old
09-24-2012, 05:43 PM
Krishna

Oh god. In the newest patch they made goalies better?

Old
09-24-2012, 05:51 PM
Passchendaele

Can't wait for tomorrow's roster update.

Can't bring myself to create every single CHL rookie, especially that I wouldn't know how to set their attributes accurately.

Old
09-24-2012, 06:37 PM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Quote:

What a crock.

Old
09-24-2012, 06:52 PM
NICKD

Quote:
I'm hoping, they release some notes as to what exactly they will be fixing in the rosters. Hopefully just Prospects, contracts, and they keep the teams as if the season were to start normally.

Old
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
http://twitter.com/TSNRyanRishaug/st...19649214963713
Quote:
Spoke with EA sports today. Mitch Moroz @MitchMoroz to be added to NHL 2013 game tonite, roster update to be available in next 24 hours.

Old
JacobimMugatu
HF Strength Thread

Quote:

That isn't really a bad thing

Closed Thread