HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

2012-13 NFL Season Thread - The Baltimore Ravens are Superbowl Champs!

Old
09-10-2012, 06:05 PM
Kyle McMahon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePresent83 View Post
Agreed. Both QBs were beyond awful. Both passing defenses were also excellent though. Lets not forget that the Browns had the second best passing defense in the league last year. The Eagles, as a passing team, had a very bad match-up this week for a QB who hadnt seen a lot of preseason action. I think some blame should be thrown to Reid, who in my opinion, didn't give McCoy nearly the touches he deserved.
Reid's game management has left much to be desired for years. It made no sense to give McCoy so few carries and pass 56 times. Especially with the Eagles leading most of the game. Very odd indeed, but certainly not the first head scratching moment provided by Andy Reid.

Kyle McMahon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 03:04 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Always the Bards

vCash: 612
So there's still time, but the Giants look like they remember who they are.

Jimmi Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 03:22 PM
Philly85
Moody'

Great finish to BAL/PHI game.

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 03:35 PM
awesomo
HARD!

Dom on eagles finish it off

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 05:31 PM
Kyle McMahon

Harbaugh is a complete moron. Up 10 points at half and completely shelves the run, handing victory to the Eagles. Joe Flacco continues to be who we all know he is. A good looking QB against the lesser lights of the league, and Rex Grossman 2.0 against anybody decent.

Cannot believe Arizona won in New England. There goes my survivor pool. Have the Cardinals won on the east coast in the last decade? I will say I thought the Cards were very underrated coming into the season (people actually thought they were going to be 2-14?), but I never expected this win.

Old
09-16-2012, 08:20 PM
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle McMahon View Post
Harbaugh is a complete moron. Up 10 points at half and completely shelves the run, handing victory to the Eagles. Joe Flacco continues to be who we all know he is. A good looking QB against the lesser lights of the league, and Rex Grossman 2.0 against anybody decent.

Cannot believe Arizona won in New England. There goes my survivor pool. Have the Cardinals won on the east coast in the last decade? I will say I thought the Cards were very underrated coming into the season (people actually thought they were going to be 2-14?), but I never expected this win.
the thing about the Pats is that they always lay down a crap game early in the season. This year its arizona. Last year it was buffalo.

Fixed to Ruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 08:28 PM
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!

One last thing about the pats. They almost always lose against denver in the regular season. They are playing eachother in october.

Old
09-17-2012, 01:25 AM
ThePresent83

Eagles with 9 turnovers through 2 games... and a 2-0 record. I really expect no different moving forward either. This team will live an die on unsafe plays. It will bring eagles fans to tears of both sorrow and joy in a single quarter.

I obviously enjoyed this game, and Vick managed the game FAR better. Only one turnover that I would fault him on, being the endzone int where he threw across his body. Brent Celek continues to evolve into a beast at TE.

And obviously, the biggest positive of the first 2 weeks is the ability to drive down the field and win games late. The Eagles showed a lot today.

ThePresent83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 08:32 AM
Jimmi Jenkins
Always the Bards

I enjoyed how some teams remembered who they are this week, re Cowboys and Jets.

Old
09-20-2012, 10:02 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Always the Bards

So Carolina got a lesson on what a Championship team looks like.

Old
09-20-2012, 11:14 PM
Kyle McMahon

Maybe the owner will get a lesson that you're required to spend to the salary cap to compete in the NFL. Getting humiliated like that in your own building by a team that had to travel on a short week is a complete joke. Every time the Panthers are favoured in a game everyone hops on the bandwagon, the team reads their own press clippings, and proceeds to crap the bed. Looks like another year where 35 points will be required out of the offense to win any football games. Pretty hard to do that when you don't even try to run the ball, which is your one obvious strength. 5-11 here we come!

Old
09-21-2012, 08:59 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Maybe the owner will get a lesson that you're required to spend to the salary cap to compete in the NFL. Getting humiliated like that in your own building by a team that had to travel on a short week is a complete joke. Every time the Panthers are favoured in a game everyone hops on the bandwagon, the team reads their own press clippings, and proceeds to crap the bed. Looks like another year where 35 points will be required out of the offense to win any football games. Pretty hard to do that when you don't even try to run the ball, which is your one obvious strength. 5-11 here we come!
I was shocked when I saw the vbookie odds.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 04:01 PM
joestevens29

Any update on Heyward-Bey? I thought the guy was dead. Usually their is some sort of movement or eyes open, took awhile for the thumbs up to come yesterday.

New Orleans 0-3 with an away game in GB, not looking good for them.

Old
09-24-2012, 04:52 PM
joestevens29

I am getting a chuckle out of how bad everyone is making the refs to be. Maybe it's just me, but it's not like the regular ones never blew calls. Do you really think that Belichick wouldn't have grabbed the regular officials if they were calling the game yesterday?

Old
09-24-2012, 04:54 PM
Blue And Orange
#KevinLoweMustGo

Seahawks upset the Green Bay Packers tonight. 33-30.

Blue And Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 04:58 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue And Orange View Post
Seahawks upset the Green Bay Packers tonight. 33-30.
Can never count out home teams on Monday night games. Pro-line has taught me that.

Old
09-24-2012, 05:00 PM
Blue And Orange
#KevinLoweMustGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Can never count out home teams on Monday night games. Pro-line has taught me that.
Well me being a Seahawks fan, I'm cheering them hard.

And don't forget, its not just a home crowd the Packers gotta face. It's the 12th man, a totally different animal. Wouldn't be surprised if the crowd noise throws Rodgers off his game early.

Blue And Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 05:05 PM
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!

Quote:
I am getting a chuckle out of how bad everyone is making the refs to be. Maybe it's just me, but it's not like the regular ones never blew calls. Do you really think that Belichick wouldn't have grabbed the regular officials if they were calling the game yesterday?
Did you watch the BAL/NE game at all? I'm not trying to be a jerk about it, i'm just curious.

The refs we're awful. It's just so inconsistant. Massive holding penalties not called; Less servere penalties called. Nobody knows what pass interference is anymore. The two teams had scrums after every play in the 1st Quarter it seems like. The game was played at an incredible slow pace. It seemed every 2nd play there was a hold or a push off or illegal contact because the refs never had control.

In the end, they were brutal for both teams, so i'm not quite sure if it alters the outcome of a game. I don't care about the FG or that my favorite team lost.

I don't expect refs to get it 100% right. However, i expect a higher rate than 50%.

Old
09-24-2012, 05:08 PM
dnicks17

Quote:
In the 49ers game, the refs let Harbaugh challenge a play when he had no time-outs and then gave him a fourth time-out after the challenge was successful.

I don't think the regular officials would have done that.

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 06:21 PM
Kyle McMahon

The replacement refs are no worse than the old ones. No suprise that all the whining is coming out of:

1. Losing coaches and players. Flacco, Shanahan, Pigpen...need to blame somebody besides themselves, right? Receivers crying about not getting PI calls if a defender comes within three steps of them has been comical. The previous refs always kow towed to these overrated prima donnas.

2. Unionized broadcasters. Of course they're going to support the refferees union and bash the scab refs at every opportunity. I turned off last week's Monday Nighter at half because Mike Tirico's *****ing had become unbearable.

I haven't watched every game, but has there been a single one yet that was decided on a blown call? There almost always has been by this point. Half the games Ed Hochulie has ever reffed have been decided in such a manner. I could care less if the old refs ever come back. The new ones are a little slower at determining the calls, but they get just as many if not more correct.

Old
09-24-2012, 06:33 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Always the Bards

Quote:
The replacement refs are no worse than the old ones. No suprise that all the whining is coming out of:

1. Losing coaches and players. Flacco, Shanahan, Pigpen...need to blame somebody besides themselves, right? Receivers crying about not getting PI calls if a defender comes within three steps of them has been comical. The previous refs always kow towed to these overrated prima donnas.

2. Unionized broadcasters.Of course they're going to support the refferees union and bash the scab refs at every opportunity. I turned off last week's Monday Nighter at half because Mike Tirico's *****ing had become unbearable.

I haven't watched every game, but has there been a single one yet that was decided on a blown call? There almost always has been by this point. Half the games Ed Hochulie has ever reffed have been decided in such a manner. I could care less if the old refs ever come back. The new ones are a little slower at determining the calls, but they get just as many if not more correct.
Since when is this a thing?

Old
09-24-2012, 06:34 PM
Kyle McMahon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
Since when is this a thing?
Pretty sure the play-by-play guys are unionized. The colour commentators are not, I'm assuming.

Old
09-24-2012, 06:40 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Always the Bards

Quote:
Pretty sure the play-by-play guys are unionized. The colour commentators are not, I'm assuming.
I'm pretty sure you're completely wrong.

Old
09-24-2012, 06:50 PM
Kyle McMahon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
I'm pretty sure you're completely wrong.
Maybe. I know there are broadcasters unions. Remember when CBC's went on strike a few years ago? Not sure if the guys doing football for CBS and FOX are, I just sort of assumed they were. They way they've dragged the replacements through the mud while kissing the arses of the old guys fits the bill. Maybe they're not though, not 100% sure.

Old
09-24-2012, 06:53 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Always the Bards

Quote:
Maybe. I know there are broadcasters unions. Remember when CBC's went on strike a few years ago? Not sure if the guys doing football for CBS and FOX are, I just sort of assumed they were. They way they've dragged the replacements through the mud while kissing the arses of the old guys fits the bill. Maybe they're not though, not 100% sure.
CBC has a union because they are Federal employees.

In general, in the broadcast industry, there are no unions. Everyone for themselves.

And the Refs have been atrocious, all around.