HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL

Moncton Wildcats

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-19-2012, 10:12 PM
  #351
theq
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 44
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Very , very intresting. Thanks for the info

However i Think the chance that Ellis doesn't make the Hamilton are slim

theq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 04:16 PM
  #352
johnnydrum
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: United Kingdom
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 621
vCash: 500
Happy New Season guys!
Those clowns in the "Big League" can all take "a hike",!!
Hockey is not thiers to destroy, and I will be folllowing 6 games across 3 leagues in the CHL tonight...lol...
Good luck to Dmitri and Ivan...I have been counting down the days to listen to these guys in action.
Enjoy!

johnnydrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 05:20 PM
  #353
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!
 
Fixed to Ruin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Grande Prairie, AB
Posts: 5,250
vCash: 50
Apparently it's really foggy inside the PEI rink

Fixed to Ruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 08:12 AM
  #354
PEIslander79
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Prince Edward Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 32
vCash: 500
I attended the game last evening vs. PEI. Moncton played extremely flat all game long. Their D needs a serious overhaul IMO, Racine didn't impress at all. The Rocket played with tons of energy last night, if Dwyer can keep them going at that pace all season long. That being said, first games are first games, I don't expect the Rocket to maintain that energy and I also don't expect Moncton to be that flat, Danny Flynn was not happy at all with the way they played, was very easy to tell as he certainly is not one to hide emotions on the bench.

I will say that I was very impressed with Jaskin. He's an absolute BEAST out there and he loves the physicality. Moncton fans should be excited about him. Barbashev didn't do anything to stand out, maybe it'll take a few weeks to get him going but they did have him on a line with Jaskin, which I enjoyed watching them together. Powerplay should be good with Jaskin and the twins up front.

I think if Moncton could convince Ross Johnston to use his size more and play a bit more physical he'd be a huge threat. He's got great skill and tons of size but he seems to be lacking the fierce competitor side of him. Get that kid a 'mean streak' and he will be deadly! He did score last evening and is good down low so if Flynn can get him to play more physical he'd improve a lot.

PEIslander79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 05:37 PM
  #355
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,878
vCash: 500
SJ will surprise and have a solid year.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 07:24 PM
  #356
theq
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 44
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PEIslander79 View Post
I attended the game last evening vs. PEI. Moncton played extremely flat all game long. Their D needs a serious overhaul IMO, Racine didn't impress at all. The Rocket played with tons of energy last night, if Dwyer can keep them going at that pace all season long. That being said, first games are first games, I don't expect the Rocket to maintain that energy and I also don't expect Moncton to be that flat, Danny Flynn was not happy at all with the way they played, was very easy to tell as he certainly is not one to hide emotions on the bench.

I will say that I was very impressed with Jaskin. He's an absolute BEAST out there and he loves the physicality. Moncton fans should be excited about him. Barbashev didn't do anything to stand out, maybe it'll take a few weeks to get him going but they did have him on a line with Jaskin, which I enjoyed watching them together. Powerplay should be good with Jaskin and the twins up front.

I think if Moncton could convince Ross Johnston to use his size more and play a bit more physical he'd be a huge threat. He's got great skill and tons of size but he seems to be lacking the fierce competitor side of him. Get that kid a 'mean streak' and he will be deadly! He did score last evening and is good down low so if Flynn can get him to play more physical he'd improve a lot.



One match doesn't mean nothing and barbashev overskated about 3 time the defence in the game

theq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 07:25 PM
  #357
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,602
vCash: 500
Moncton sign OHL FA Goalie..

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 02:38 PM
  #358
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
Moncton sign OHL FA Goalie..
John Chartrand from the Sudbury Wolves. Stats are somehwat misleading because he has played on weak teams. A certain scout said they liked him better then Gatineau's FA pick up Nishi. Chartrand was also the ranked the 6th best North American goaltender in the 2011 NHL prelim rankings. Moncton is also expected to sign a 19-year old free agent forward with major junior experience today.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 06:28 PM
  #359
PEIslander79
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Prince Edward Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 32
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theq View Post
One match doesn't mean nothing and barbashev overskated about 3 time the defence in the game
Hence why I said: "That being said, first games are first games, I don't expect the Rocket to maintain that energy and I also don't expect Moncton to be that flat"

PEIslander79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 07:10 PM
  #360
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,406
vCash: 500
The Saint John paper reads..

"Moncton signed two free agents yesterday, acquiring goaltender John Chartrand and forward Kyle Haas. Chartrand replaces former Wildcats goaltender Brandon Thibeau, who was released on Monday.

Chartrand played the past three seasons in the Ontario Hockey League, splitting time between the Niagara IceDogs, Barrie Colts and Belleville Bulls. He had a 4.00 goals-against average, .885 save percentage, one shutout and an 8-11-1 record last season in Belleville.

“John Chartrand is a 19-year-old goaltender who’s in his fourth major junior season,’’ said Flynn. ``He played 50-plus games over the past two seasons combined. He’ll be a good experienced partner for (starter) Alex Dubeau.’’

Haas, 6-foot-2 and 180 pounds, had four points and 106 penalty minutes in 46 games as a rookie last season with the Saskatoon Blades of the Western Hockey League. He won’t be in the lineup for tonight’s game.

“Kyle Haas is an 18-year-old role player,’’ said Flynn. ``I talked to (Saskatoon head coach) Lorne Molleken. He said that he’s a real good kid and a tough, hard-nosed forward. Saskatoon is hosting the Memorial Cup so they’re going with an older lineup this season.’’

Seems like a nice addition since Johnston's considered more a heavy-weight and seems to have improved which makes him more valuable to be on the ice rather than in the box.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 08:29 AM
  #361
Alpine
Registered User
 
Alpine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Moncton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,151
vCash: 500
Rumour is that Frank Vatrano has left Boston College to join the Cats.

http://www.bcinterruption.com/2012/9...leaves-program

Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 09:50 AM
  #362
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
Rumour is that Frank Vatrano has left Boston College to join the Cats.

http://www.bcinterruption.com/2012/9...leaves-program
I heard. That would be a very,very nice addition. We'll see what transpires in the next couple of days. The Wildcats would have to release someone though because there at their roster max. I would assue Stephen Johnson would get sent down and sign an affiliate player card for the season. Another option would be David Stephens , I don't think his spot is safe since he had a weak camp and hasn't shown much.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 10:44 AM
  #363
herbst20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 377
vCash: 500
Vatrano is staying close to home .....he will play with the JR Bruins of the EJHL

herbst20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 03:00 PM
  #364
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbst20 View Post
Vatrano is staying close to home .....he will play with the JR Bruins of the EJHL
According to an article I read .. the EJHL is temporary until he explores his options but he plans on returning to the NCAA so therefor wants to keep his eligibility.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 11:30 AM
  #365
ClemQ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 497
vCash: 500
so......what's going on with the wildcats? several lopsided losses against teams that they should beat. i know it's early in the season, but, is there any cause for concern?

are rumours coming out of moncton? players stop playing for Flynn? i'm not saying they are, i'm just wondering from the people on here that are closer to the wildcats situation.

from the outside looking in, it doesnt look right....but maybe the expectations were too much??

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 02:55 PM
  #366
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
so......what's going on with the wildcats? several lopsided losses against teams that they should beat. i know it's early in the season, but, is there any cause for concern?

are rumours coming out of moncton? players stop playing for Flynn? i'm not saying they are, i'm just wondering from the people on here that are closer to the wildcats situation.

from the outside looking in, it doesnt look right....but maybe the expectations were too much??
I wouldn't hit the panic button quite yet. Defense has been bad and Dubeau hasn't yet come as advertised. I'd definately give them a few more games to settle in. Flynn hasn't had set lines yet, he continues to experiment. There are rumours that Downe is heading out via trade or outright being released. This could be the reason he hasn't played to par and Melindy will have to get it going! Imo, he has been our worst dman thus far. I hope Chartrand will get the next start to show what he can bring to the team. Wether it be to outplay Dubeau (which wouldn't take much so far) or to keep him on his heels to perform better. Only time will tell but I think Flynn will either get things going or make necessary changes. This is just my take.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 06:03 AM
  #367
ClemQ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
I wouldn't hit the panic button quite yet. Defense has been bad and Dubeau hasn't yet come as advertised. I'd definately give them a few more games to settle in. Flynn hasn't had set lines yet, he continues to experiment. There are rumours that Downe is heading out via trade or outright being released. This could be the reason he hasn't played to par and Melindy will have to get it going! Imo, he has been our worst dman thus far. I hope Chartrand will get the next start to show what he can bring to the team. Wether it be to outplay Dubeau (which wouldn't take much so far) or to keep him on his heels to perform better. Only time will tell but I think Flynn will either get things going or make necessary changes. This is just my take.
thanks for your thoughts! i'm a little surprised by what you say about Downe. Melindy doesnt surprise me really. Most kids that get drafted, and/or attend pro camps have a tough first half the next season. Not sure if its' a let down to play junior again, or what the issue is, but if you look back, it's a trend.
Dubeau i would assume, is putting all the pressure of the world on himself...especially knowing there wasnt much support in terms of a back up. Your right, if Chartrand can play well, it would help Dubeau in the long run. Also have to remember Dubeau is only 18.....still young for a goalie

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2012, 08:57 AM
  #368
Rurdy2play
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2
vCash: 500
I also can't wait ro see Chartrand in net. When Subban was injured early last year, Chartrand was playing awesome. One of the better goalies out there,for sure.

Rurdy2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2012, 12:26 PM
  #369
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurdy2play View Post
I also can't wait ro see Chartrand in net. When Subban was injured early last year, Chartrand was playing awesome. One of the better goalies out there,for sure.
It's good to hear that. I can't wait to see what he brings either. He was pencilled in to start against Chicoutitmi but got a concussion in practice the day before. He's expected to miss about a week but I figure we'll see him in net against Val D'or on the 12th.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2012, 11:02 PM
  #370
Rurdy2play
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2
vCash: 500
Chartrand

In oct of last year Chartrand was playing great, he ,was playing top ranked teams and getting 50 plus shots aagainst him, and still managing to pull out a win. Although Niagra had this teams number all season. Sure hope this concussion doesn't last longer then a week. Let's go Wildcats!

Rurdy2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 03:28 PM
  #371
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,406
vCash: 500
A few days old now but Moncton traded Pat Downe . 2nd ,3rd and 5th round picks to Shawinigan in exchange for Jonathan Narbonne. So far the trade has worked out great for Moncton. Narbonne came here ready to win and bring leadership to the team. He was acquired to run the PP and scored a powerplay goal in his first game with the Cats! He now how 2 points (1g ,1a) in 2 games. Downe on the other hand isn't reporting to Shawinigan and is expected to join the Truro Bearcats who are hosting the Fred Page Cup.

John Chartrand is out with his 5th concussion in 2 seasons. He's is in Toronto getting a second opinion from a specialist. Rumor has it that he's done for the year. Danny Flynn wasted no time adding free agent goaltender Spencer Tremblay. Tremblay is an 18 year old who played 20 games last season in the WHL while boasting a .896% as a rookie. Hopefully he'll get a start in the next few games to show what he can bring to the team. Wether he plays well and splits games or wether he comes in and pushes Dubeau to perform better I think he'll be a good addition.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 06:02 PM
  #372
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,878
vCash: 500
Sounds like Downe was a throw in ?

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 07:32 PM
  #373
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Sounds like Downe was a throw in ?
Ya pretty sure that's it. He's not even reporting since they already have 3 overagers and their a bottom feeder. He's headed to Truro from what I hear which may be a good idea since they're hosting the Fred Page Cup. I don't think there's any compensation headed to Shawinigan as result.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 08:22 PM
  #374
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,563
vCash: 500
Barbashev first Q goal http://hockeyprospect.com/video/2013...-12&Itemid=575

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 08:46 PM
  #375
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
It was a beauty!

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:19 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.