HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Purely Hypothetical ... Radulov

Old
09-24-2012, 07:29 PM
jroc86

vCash: 500
Purely Hypothetical ... Radulov

Scenario: the league and the NHLPA **** this CBA royally and the entire season gets blown ... doubt this happens, but I wont be too suprised if it does either.

So, assuming injuries aren't a concern lets say Pavel has a good-great year statistically (didnt do much last time in 04/05 so Im not assuming hell eat the league up) and spends most of his playing time with Radulov. Given Pav's personality its essentially a given theyll become pals - if on-ice chemistry develops thats another story. This isn't a week-long sample size of the Ovi-Dats-Semin line that had our board ready to give Semin a 7 mill/year contract ... this would be an entire season/playoffs.

If Rad and Pav throw are combining on sick goals all year and serious chemistry is evident does anyone think the Wings brass would inquire into the walking suitcase that is Radulov?

Given his greed and the rumored salaries hes been offered in the KHL his pricetag would likely be high so that would be a road-block right off the bat. We also "should" have another prospect or two hopefully ready to assume a full-time role next year and I wouldnt want to see us lose an Anderson/Tatar etc a shot to take a flyer on a guy that might quit halfway through the season. Not to mention jimmy and Filp will be getting raises and the cap is presumably coming down.

...if the price is right and the term is short (ie, 4.5 for a 1 year test drive) would you take a chance on Radulov and see if he could become a permanent fixture in our top 6? Or is he too **** in the head to even consider?

jroc86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 07:44 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by jroc86 View Post
Scenario: the league and the NHLPA **** this CBA royally and the entire season gets blown ... doubt this happens, but I wont be too suprised if it does either.

So, assuming injuries aren't a concern lets say Pavel has a good-great year statistically (didnt do much last time in 04/05 so Im not assuming hell eat the league up) and spends most of his playing time with Radulov. Given Pav's personality its essentially a given theyll become pals - if on-ice chemistry develops thats another story. This isn't a week-long sample size of the Ovi-Dats-Semin line that had our board ready to give Semin a 7 mill/year contract ... this would be an entire season/playoffs.

If Rad and Pav throw are combining on sick goals all year and serious chemistry is evident does anyone think the Wings brass would inquire into the walking suitcase that is Radulov?

Given his greed and the rumored salaries hes been offered in the KHL his pricetag would likely be high so that would be a road-block right off the bat. We also "should" have another prospect or two hopefully ready to assume a full-time role next year and I wouldnt want to see us lose an Anderson/Tatar etc a shot to take a flyer on a guy that might quit halfway through the season. Not to mention jimmy and Filp will be getting raises and the cap is presumably coming down.

...if the price is right and the term is short (ie, 4.5 for a 1 year test drive) would you take a chance on Radulov and see if he could become a permanent fixture in our top 6? Or is he too **** in the head to even consider?
Radulov is in the first season of a four year contract in Russia. I would have taken a chance on him for around 5.5 per for two or three years before he left. Very talented guy.

The Zetterberg Era is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 08:13 PM
jroc86

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Radulov is in the first season of a four year contract in Russia. I would have taken a chance on him for around 5.5 per for two or three years before he left. Very talented guy.
Oh, my bad. I thought he just signed a 1 year. Nevermind lol

Old
09-25-2012, 03:26 PM
Dats13DET

I watched the CKSA game yesterday and it looked like Pasha and Radulov weren't even on the same line. Things could easily change over time however.Datsyuk had a pretty funny goal though, A header that was disallowed.

Dats13DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 03:46 PM
Kronwalled55
Eatin' your hats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dats13DET View Post
I watched the CKSA game yesterday and it looked like Pasha and Radulov weren't even on the same line. Things could easily change over time however.Datsyuk had a pretty funny goal though, A header that was disallowed.
Datsyuk and Radulov were out there at the same time for that disallowed goal.

Just something I found funny, Radulov is the captain of that team

Kronwalled55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 03:50 PM
jaster
glendeningforcaptain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronwalled55 View Post
CCCP culture is loooooong gone it seems.

jaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 05:01 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaster View Post
CCCP culture is loooooong gone it seems.
Radulov is not thought of the same way over in Russia that he is here. We see him as a greedy guy that puts himself in front of the team. They see him as a National team star that wants to be in Russia over the NHL. He led the KHL in scoring last year and has won championships. I have questions about him, but I think the story line on him really got out of control in the playoffs some of which he should have known better than to do.

Old
09-25-2012, 09:17 PM
Maize and Blue

I believe that was Igor Radulov. His much older brother & Former hawks prospect?

Maize and Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 12:20 AM
FlashyG

Both Igor and Alexander Radulov play for HC CSKA Moscow, but Alexander is the captain.

Datsyuk played with them for a few shifts on the Powerplay but played most of the game on the wing with the 2nd line. He'll probably end up playing with both Radulov's before long though.

FlashyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 10:23 AM
crashman

vCash: 1376
This guy is a joke. I don't care if he's talented, don't want him near the Red Wings.

crashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 11:39 AM
ashenhigh

No way do not want. Anyone that is going to get sloshed at the bar all night between freaking playoff games does not deserve to be a DRW.

ashenhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 02:49 PM
Dats13DET

Quote:
Datsyuk and Radulov were out there at the same time for that disallowed goal.

I guess they decided to mix it up for a few plays or something, easily could have been the PP as well. I was sort of in and out of the game because I don't function 100% before noon. Didn't help that I had it muted because I dislike listening to the Russian Commentators either.

Yeah, I hate Radulov.. I guess the "C" is IRRELEVANT over there because they basically just through it at Kovi when he arrived.
---
TSN, BUY KHL RIGHTS! .. NOW!

Dats13DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 04:20 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashenhigh View Post
No way do not want. Anyone that is going to get sloshed at the bar all night between freaking playoff games does not deserve to be a DRW.
I guess you don't like half the Red Wings then. It is not that rare of a thing.

Old
09-26-2012, 08:14 PM
SirloinUB

Quote:
I guess you dont have interest in Taylor Hall, RNH, Jodan Eberle, Ladislav Smid, Jeff Carter, Drew Doughty, Mike Richards, Dustin Penner, Mika kirprusoff, Mark giordano, Marian Hossa, Patrick kane, patrick sharp, Toews, Seabrook, Partrick Berglund, TJ oshie, or alex Pietrangelo. Thats just a portion of the list of guys ive seen wasted at bars.

SirloinUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 09:37 PM
The Nose
#FireHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirloinUB View Post
I guess you dont have interest in Taylor Hall, RNH, Jodan Eberle, Ladislav Smid, Jeff Carter, Drew Doughty, Mike Richards, Dustin Penner, Mika kirprusoff, Mark giordano, Marian Hossa, Patrick kane, patrick sharp, Toews, Seabrook, Partrick Berglund, TJ oshie, or alex Pietrangelo. Thats just a portion of the list of guys ive seen wasted at bars.
What bars do you go to?!?!?!?

The Nose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 11:41 PM
jroc86

Quote:
Ahmen. The blackhawks partied hard during both their playoff runs in 2009-10 ... they are pretty much royalty at the Roxy in Vancouver by now. And ya, Hossa is a savage. A good buddy of mine has partied with them multiple times. Heard some pretty hilarious stories about these guys over the past few years (ie. Shirt-less Hossa going euro-crazyfeet on the dancefloor with vodka 26 in hand crushing slams like noboys business getting mauled by women). Pretty much everyone on that team was a complete gongshow except for Toews ... when the team would spend the afternoon lounging at the bar throwing back cold-ones Toews apparently didnt drink, say much, and spent allot of time reading the paper.

Old
09-27-2012, 02:18 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 545
Quote:
Sure you have...

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 10:50 PM
ashenhigh

Quote:
Hall and RNH cant even drink in America legally, and if I say something about the playoffs, how could you possibly bring up the Oilers LOL.

And come on here.... Carter, Doughty, Richards, and Penner were all sleeping in their beds at 11pm during the finals. None of those guys were out partying on Sunset BLVD all night the night before a playoff game.

But hey man cool story bro, Ive seen over 18 different NHLers (some of which arent even allowed in bars) getting wasted at bars too man. Yup, not to mention most of those guys you listed are located in completely different parts of the country.

Old
09-27-2012, 10:52 PM
ashenhigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jroc86 View Post
Ahmen. The blackhawks partied hard during both their playoff runs in 2009-10 ... they are pretty much royalty at the Roxy in Vancouver by now. And ya, Hossa is a savage. A good buddy of mine has partied with them multiple times. Heard some pretty hilarious stories about these guys over the past few years (ie. Shirt-less Hossa going euro-crazyfeet on the dancefloor with vodka 26 in hand crushing slams like noboys business getting mauled by women). Pretty much everyone on that team was a complete gongshow except for Toews ... when the team would spend the afternoon lounging at the bar throwing back cold-ones Toews apparently didnt drink, say much, and spent allot of time reading the paper.
Thats great, now prove to me that happened the night before their playoff game. Which is my entire point...

Old
09-27-2012, 11:48 PM
Melbourne Ice
Happy Happy Happy!

Send a message via Yahoo to Melbourne Ice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZgkCmVHyCs

Nyet.

Melbourne Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 03:40 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Thats great, now prove to me that happened the night before their playoff game. Which is my entire point...
Fine the Russian five, McCarty, Shanahan, Probert, some of our favorite players had this tag. Not really Yzerman and Lidstrom, but if you think we always iced a team of saints you have another thing coming.

By the way if you think the underage superstars in the league cannot find a place to party that is pretty naive.

Old
09-28-2012, 06:47 PM
ashenhigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Fine the Russian five, McCarty, Shanahan, Probert, some of our favorite players had this tag. Not really Yzerman and Lidstrom, but if you think we always iced a team of saints you have another thing coming.

By the way if you think the underage superstars in the league cannot find a place to party that is pretty naive.
What are you talking about? I never once said they don't or shouldn't drink or party of whatever. And no **** Sherlock an underage kid can go out drinking.... I was 20 once too. Notice how I said "legally?"

What I did say is I don't want players on the DRW that would go out partying all night the very night before a playoff game..... ie Radulov.

Old
09-28-2012, 10:50 PM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

vCash: 1599
there is one former wing who I think had the same head space as Radulov. Petr Klima--but with a worse attitude. Klima atleast had the good sense when he got nailed coming out of the bar at 4am(i think it was 4am) to say he screwed up. Radulov said "I don't see what the big deal is". Radulov mind is not nhl ready

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 08:49 AM
Melbourne Ice
Happy Happy Happy!

Send a message via Yahoo to Melbourne Ice
Quote:
Absolutely gobsmacked when I saw that!

Melbourne Ice is offline   Reply With Quote