Closed Thread

Old
09-20-2012, 11:06 PM
krazy kanuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
You'll be waiting a long time then!

The Jets signed Perry Pearn in the offseason as an assistant coach to work alongside the other assistant coaches Charlie Huddy and Pascal Vincent. No room in Winnipeg for Ducky at present.

Maybe Buffalo then? It would be nice to have an advantage behind the bench for once...the Colts were already out coached in one final recently...not looking forward to having that happen again.

Old
09-21-2012, 09:57 PM
LeafsColts13

vCash: 1400
A slow start caused the colts to get down early against the fronts along with some bad penalties didn't help and we're already down 3-0 at that point. They played much better in Ottawa and i hope they regroup for Sundays game against the Steelheads.

Old
09-21-2012, 10:36 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsColts13 View Post
A slow start caused the colts to get down early against the fronts along with some bad penalties didn't help and we're already down 3-0 at that point. They played much better in Ottawa and i hope they regroup for Sundays game against the Steelheads.
Back-to-backs are hard to do... Especially when you travel by bus, but no excuses should be made; all teams have back-to-backs.

Question: Are there any really good twitter sources for Colts updates? I help with a Winnipeg Jets Blog (www.arcticicehockey.com) and we'd like to get as many sources for news on our prospects

Old
09-21-2012, 11:34 PM
Racer14
Always Watching

That was a terrible display of penalty killing these past 2 games....

no big surprise considering the team's best PK D is sitting in the stands...the D on this team is in trouble...if they are hell-bent on trading buonomo they better bring in an 18 or 19 yo who can play key defensive minutes.

Old
09-22-2012, 12:06 AM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Back-to-backs are hard to do... Especially when you travel by bus, but no excuses should be made; all teams have back-to-backs.

Question: Are there any really good twitter sources for Colts updates? I help with a Winnipeg Jets Blog (www.arcticicehockey.com) and we'd like to get as many sources for news on our prospects
Now that I've moved west, I'm relying on:

@OHLBarrieColts
@loosepucks
@Craig_Ripley
@Thallyburton
@GenePereira1
@intheoradio

Not that many Jets prospects left in Barrie now though, just MS19.

Old
09-22-2012, 12:13 AM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer14 View Post
That was a terrible display of penalty killing these past 2 games....

no big surprise considering the team's best PK D is sitting in the stands...the D on this team is in trouble...if they are hell-bent on trading buonomo they better bring in an 18 or 19 yo who can play key defensive minutes.
It's crazy to me that CB20 isn't the captain of this team, let alone not in the lineup. The defining moment of last season for me was Chris in the hallway exhausted between the 2nd and 3rd OT in Ottawa. Not to mention DH can't seem to teach the PK...he's got to go...

Old
09-22-2012, 10:45 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kanuck View Post
Now that I've moved west, I'm relying on:

@OHLBarrieColts
@loosepucks
@Craig_Ripley
@Thallyburton
@GenePereira1
@intheoradio

Not that many Jets prospects left in Barrie now though, just MS19.
Thanks!
Yup but I have to track each one of them
Best of luck in the year!

Old
09-22-2012, 09:27 PM
coltsfan3035

On the Buonomo topic. Hearing he went on the roadtrip this weekend even after he was told he is likely being moved and wouldnt play? Says something about what this team meant to that kid. Many kids and even adults wouldnt say "yup ill come and be supportive to the team that doesnt need my services anymore". Says alot about Chris, was a team first guy all the way.

On a lighter note, need a big W tomorrow as the game the boys played on Kingston was not a very good one. Berger made some nice saves or it coulda been 5 or 6 to 1

Old
09-22-2012, 10:32 PM
Racer14
Always Watching

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsfan3035 View Post
On the Buonomo topic. Hearing he went on the roadtrip this weekend even after he was told he is likely being moved and wouldnt play? Says something about what this team meant to that kid. Many kids and even adults wouldnt say "yup ill come and be supportive to the team that doesnt need my services anymore". Says alot about Chris, was a team first guy all the way.

On a lighter note, need a big W tomorrow as the game the boys played on Kingston was not a very good one. Berger made some nice saves or it coulda been 5 or 6 to 1
On Buonomo, I could not have said it any better myself...if that is indeed the case, it shows first class attitude all the way....no big head syndrome there to be sure.

The boys need to come out flying tomorrow and I hope the leadership group has had a talking to...OC 3 points in ottawa and a 0 +/- looked awful defensively in the highlights...(I think this team needs both OC and Buonomo)

We need better D depth...Laser's looked shaky and Webster and Garcia are looking like rookies.

Old
09-23-2012, 09:54 AM
Wiley Old Vet

I feel bad for Buonomo. Seems like a total class guy.
I disagree on why they are getting scoring chances against. I notice that weak defense usually comes from weak defensive forwards. When forwards leave the zone too early, or come back slow, or take the wrong guy on the backcheck or play too high in their own end. Just like the offense usually is generated by the defensemen making quick, good passes to the forwards.
What I've seen is the Def making the first pass but the forwards turning the puck over on the next pass, either in the neutral zone or not getting it out past the blue line. That then hangs the defense out to dry because they have too big a gap and no help from the forwards who have all taken off.
I am not going the mention names, like you, but look who is on the PK from forwards and you'll see they either chase the puck and get too high leaving a huge seam in the high slot. Not much a defenseman can do there.

Old
09-23-2012, 10:25 AM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer14 View Post
The boys need to come out flying tomorrow and I hope the leadership group has had a talking to...OC 3 points in ottawa and a 0 +/- looked awful defensively in the highlights...(I think this team needs both OC and Buonomo)
This... Given the make up of this team I'd invest the OA positions in the D, at least until the New Year. By then a pairing of Ekblad / Yuill hopefully be able to play 25 minutes a game.

Old
09-23-2012, 02:18 PM
LeafsColts13

So far I am not impressed with what I am seeing in Missy. Hall and Yuill are not playing and MacDonald got hurt in the second period. So far the PK is horrible. Hopefully they just need some practice but there has been different lines every game so it's hard to get any chemistry.

Old
09-23-2012, 04:46 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsColts13 View Post
So far I am not impressed with what I am seeing in Missy. Hall and Yuill are not playing and MacDonald got hurt in the second period. So far the PK is horrible. Hopefully they just need some practice but there has been different lines every game so it's hard to get any chemistry.
Same old same old from DH. I think most coaches learn that it is beneficial to keep lines and defense pairings together somewhere around when they are coaching Bantam...

Playing your better players helps too.

Old
09-23-2012, 07:36 PM
Arjay

I agree with the notion of keeping both OC and Buonomo. The rest are too young - Except Lep. Obviously that would mean Beyers would have to go and so far that's no loss IMO. I feel that Scheif and AC are playing lots, and that AA is having a terrible time. On TV it didn't look like he was all there!
How about Roger Lajoie? It took until about the 10 minute mark for him to realise that Neiderberger was not our goalie!

Old
09-23-2012, 08:41 PM
LeafsColts13

I think Beyers should be moved for a younger forward and/or some picks and keep CB20. This team seems to have trouble getting out of the zone an that's what he was good at last year in the playoffs. I also found it funny he called Fotinos as Niederburger for most of the first period.

Old
09-24-2012, 11:09 AM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay View Post
I agree with the notion of keeping both OC and Buonomo. The rest are too young - Except Lep. Obviously that would mean Beyers would have to go and so far that's no loss IMO. I feel that Scheif and AC are playing lots, and that AA is having a terrible time. On TV it didn't look like he was all there!
How about Roger Lajoie? It took until about the 10 minute mark for him to realise that Neiderberger was not our goalie!
^ This is why I prefer to watch games live. As much as AA didn't play up to his potential, Missy had a really difficult time containing him. This game could have easily been a 6-2 Barrie. Fotinos had a good game regardless of the loss, made some great saves on back door plays and cross crease passes. Barrie really needs to control their turnovers moving forward . Tyson Teichmann was fighting pucks, could have definitely been first game jitters.

Old
09-24-2012, 01:21 PM
Wiley Old Vet

I agree, turnovers are costing them. It is hard to see on TV but it looks like they are either trying to be too cute or not supporting the puck carrier enough. I think that will come with time and once they get chemistry. I did not look it up but I think they only have 2- 20 yr old skaters and 6- 19 yr olds and Hall and Smoskowitz did not play. So they are inexperienced. Give them some home games and practices and they should get better results.

Old
09-24-2012, 07:50 PM
Garyboy

Boy oh boy is Perlini going to be a good one.

Old
09-24-2012, 08:00 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyboy View Post
Boy oh boy is Perlini going to be a good one.
I agree, I liked what I saw from the youngster, he will benefit from more ice time, but its understandable seeing as the season just started.

Old
09-24-2012, 09:03 PM
LeafsColts13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
I agree, I liked what I saw from the youngster, he will benefit from more ice time, but its understandable seeing as the season just started.
He seems to be getting better every game.

Old
09-26-2012, 01:55 PM
Zipper89

How is it they are still holding onto Sutch> is it all b/c of the conditional 3rd pick?
Seems weird as the sent Huether to Sudbury and didnt get back what they had initially "paid" for his services?

Buonomo should not get traded, after watching the first couple games our defense lacks presence in our own end. Im not doubting the offence skill O'Connor brings to the table and i would say keep him as well. But having Buonomo, O'Connor & Lepkowski on the back end with our young talent in Ekblad, Yuill, Gracia our defense looks much stronger.

In regards to our forwards sending Sutch, Beyers, Smoskowitz ect.. for some promosing young talent maybe package some picks along with said players could land us help before the post season (say maybe Galchenyuk? since Sarnia is going to need to re-stock their system, it is awfully depleted).

Whats everyones thoughts?

Old
09-26-2012, 03:32 PM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipper89 View Post
How is it they are still holding onto Sutch> is it all b/c of the conditional 3rd pick?
Seems weird as the sent Huether to Sudbury and didnt get back what they had initially "paid" for his services?

Buonomo should not get traded, after watching the first couple games our defense lacks presence in our own end. Im not doubting the offence skill O'Connor brings to the table and i would say keep him as well. But having Buonomo, O'Connor & Lepkowski on the back end with our young talent in Ekblad, Yuill, Gracia our defense looks much stronger.

In regards to our forwards sending Sutch, Beyers, Smoskowitz ect.. for some promosing young talent maybe package some picks along with said players could land us help before the post season (say maybe Galchenyuk? since Sarnia is going to need to re-stock their system, it is awfully depleted).

Whats everyones thoughts?
Sutch's value is less then a 3rd right now. Beyers isn't much better. Smoskowitz has zero value, given that hes a 93 and appears to be regressing. Not sure what kind of trade you expect for those three.

Old
09-27-2012, 01:14 PM
Zipper89

For smoskowitz i would take a 5th or later pick, Beyers would easily catch a 3rd if not more, and Sutch is a physical forward who can put the puck in the net he will catch a 3rd-4th easy.

Old
09-27-2012, 01:21 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
For smoskowitz i would take a 5th or later pick, Beyers would easily catch a 3rd if not more, and Sutch is a physical forward who can put the puck in the net he will catch a 3rd-4th easy.
I would agree with you on all the above. Some people aren't taking into account that the value for each player above is in the eyes of the individual team and where they're at now and where they intend to be a few months from now.

Old
09-27-2012, 01:47 PM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSavoire View Post
I would agree with you on all the above. Some people aren't taking into account that the value for each player above is in the eyes of the individual team and where they're at now and where they intend to be a few months from now.
Quote:
I think your over hyping the vaule of those players. The Colts are asking for a third for Sutch. Thats all they want. No one is interested at that price. Thats why he continues to sit on the sidelines. Best offer has been a 5th in 2016 i believe.

Smoskowitz is a 3-4th liner who is a 93. Greg Jambrosich was just waived through the league and is a similar player. Smoskowitz did score 20 at once, however he has significantly regressed since then. Why give up a 3rd for a 4th line player? Most teams have a player who is just as good as Smoskowitz as a healthy scratch.

Beyers perhaps is worth a 3rd, but im not sold on that.

Closed Thread