HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Vladimir Tarasenko to SKA St. Petersburg

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-19-2012, 12:19 PM
  #1
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man
 
Helpoing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 1,035
vCash: 500
Vladimir Tarasenko to SKA St. Petersburg

After a little drama Vladimir decided to return to KHL. He will join the team on Friday. SKA has 1 spot remaining for an NHL player.
Link

Helpoing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 11:17 AM
  #2
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man
 
Helpoing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 1,035
vCash: 500
After more drama that was fuelled by constant rumours from Sport-Express, Tarasenko returns to SKA. Really.
Link

Helpoing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 01:11 PM
  #3
russianhockey
Registered User
 
russianhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,157
vCash: 500

russianhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 02:58 AM
  #4
Theokritos
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,804
vCash: 500
I wonder about the status of Tarasenko's transfer and contract. He was assigned to Peoria on September 14th and therefore is not among the locked out NHL players. Andy Strickland has reported (http://www.truehockey.com/articles/T...s-to-Russia-01) that an "assignment clause was included in the contract Tarasenko signed with the Blues and the organization is simply assigning him to his KHL club in St. Petersburg." That's completely different from NHL lockout transfers like Kovalchuk to SKA and so on. What's the legal status of the assignement? Is Tarasenko loaned from Peoria to St.Petersburg?

Theokritos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 03:19 AM
  #5
Kshahdoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 2,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theokritos View Post
I wonder about the status of Tarasenko's transfer and contract. He was assigned to Peoria on September 14th and therefore is not among the locked out NHL players. Andy Strickland has reported (http://www.truehockey.com/articles/T...s-to-Russia-01) that an "assignment clause was included in the contract Tarasenko signed with the Blues and the organization is simply assigning him to his KHL club in St. Petersburg." That's completely different from NHL lockout transfers like Kovalchuk to SKA and so on. What's the legal status of the assignement? Is Tarasenko loaned from Peoria to St.Petersburg?
I think it doesn't matter. He'll play Blues as soon as lockout will end.

Kshahdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 03:26 AM
  #6
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theokritos View Post
I wonder about the status of Tarasenko's transfer and contract. He was assigned to Peoria on September 14th and therefore is not among the locked out NHL players. Andy Strickland has reported (http://www.truehockey.com/articles/T...s-to-Russia-01) that an "assignment clause was included in the contract Tarasenko signed with the Blues and the organization is simply assigning him to his KHL club in St. Petersburg." That's completely different from NHL lockout transfers like Kovalchuk to SKA and so on. What's the legal status of the assignement? Is Tarasenko loaned from Peoria to St.Petersburg?
He's not loaned. The ssignment to Peoria is to close out any legal issues in the NHL. It doesn't matter for the KHL. For KHL he's a STL player signed by SKA within the 3 NHLers limit. There is no difference between a player with a one way contract and a two way in this case.

Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 03:26 AM
  #7
Theokritos
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshahdoo View Post
I think it doesn't matter. He'll play Blues as soon as lockout will end.
In the end yes, but I still want to know whether he's on loan or what the legal relation is. After all he was not locked out by St.Louis.

Theokritos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 03:31 AM
  #8
Theokritos
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
He's not loaned. The ssignment to Peoria is to close out any legal issues in the NHL. It doesn't matter for the KHL. For KHL he's a STL player signed by SKA within the 3 NHLers limit. There is no difference between a player with a one way contract and a two way in this case.
But there is a difference between a player who is locked out and one who is not locked out. Tarasenko is not locked out, so is not free to sign elsewhere. Of course there is a deal between St.Louis and SKA or between St.Louis and Tarasenko allowing him to play in the KHL and that's fine, but there must be some legal form for the deal.

Theokritos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 03:35 AM
  #9
Kshahdoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 2,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theokritos View Post
But there is a difference between a player who is locked out and one who is not locked out. Tarasenko is not locked out, so is not free to sign elsewhere. Of course there is a deal between St.Louis and SKA or between St.Louis and Tarasenko allowing him to play in the KHL and that's fine, but there must be some legal form for the deal.
There is no agreement between AHL and KHL anyway. So if he's a Blues' player then he's locked out, if he's a Peoria's player then SKA just doesn't care.

Kshahdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 03:45 AM
  #10
Theokritos
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshahdoo View Post
There is no agreement between AHL and KHL anyway. So if he's a Blues' player then he's locked out, if he's a Peoria's player then SKA just doesn't care.
The agreement between NHL and KHL says that each side respects the professional contracts of players from both leagues. Therefore minor leaguers with NHL contracts are also covered. The KHL is not free to sign a player who is assigned to the minors by the NHL team he's under contract with.

Theokritos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 03:52 AM
  #11
Kshahdoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 2,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theokritos View Post
The agreement between NHL and KHL says that each side respects the professional contracts of players from both leagues. Therefore minor leaguers with NHL contracts are also covered. The KHL is not free to sign a player who is assigned to the minors by the NHL team he's under contract with.
Yes, but technically there is no legal NHL contracts to respect for KHL right now because all NHL players are locked out. At least what I think. So NHL doesn't have any rights to tell players what to do. And KHL doesn't care either.

Kshahdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 04:17 AM
  #12
Theokritos
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshahdoo View Post
Yes, but technically there is no legal NHL contracts to respect for KHL right now because all NHL players are locked out. At least what I think. So NHL doesn't have any rights to tell players what to do. And KHL doesn't care either.
That's not true. There are two different groups of players under contract with NHL franchises: those assigned to the NHL and those assigned to the minors. Those assigned to the NHL are locked out right now, but that doesn't affect those players who are assigned to the minors. Why would their contracts become invalid all of a sudden? Of course the NHL has the right to tell them what to do, that's what the contracts say that they have signed! Kovalchuk doesn't need the approval of the Devils to play for SKA during the lockout, but Tarasenko needs the approval of the Blues to do the same. Yes, he has that approval and therefore he can play, but legally it's not the same situation.

EDIT: Nail Yakupov is a similiar case. Kovalchuk and all the other players who are locked out doesn't need international transfer cards, but Yakupov does because he was assigned to Sarnia (OHL) by the Oilers. Tarasenko was assigned to Peoria, I'm pretty sure he also had to have an international transfer card issued by the IIHF and approved by Hockey Canada.


Last edited by Theokritos: 09-25-2012 at 04:22 AM.
Theokritos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 05:09 AM
  #13
russianhockey
Registered User
 
russianhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,157
vCash: 500

russianhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 03:11 PM
  #14
Paxton Fettel
Registered User
 
Paxton Fettel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 6,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by russianhockeyDOTde View Post
pretty good interview in a good atmosphere.

gotta love the last question about his muscle mass

Paxton Fettel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.