HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

***NHL 13 Thread*** (Part 7)

View Poll Results: What do you think of NHL 13
Best Game I ever bought 20 7.33%
It is pretty good I like it 147 53.85%
It is okay 60 21.98%
I rather play NHL 12 46 16.85%
Voters: 273. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-25-2012, 10:46 AM
  #126
jfb392
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKD View Post
Roster Update From The DEV on the Ea Forums



Pretty much sums it up and saying there will be no NHL updated Rosters this year.
This is a lie though.
Daniel Audette, the 1st overall pick in the most recent QMJHL draft, was in NHL 13 before he had ever played his first QMJHL game.

And "sometimes players slip through"?
More like whole leagues.

jfb392 is offline  
Old
09-25-2012, 10:55 AM
  #127
Foppa
Registered User
 
Foppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Kansas City, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,175
vCash: 500
I miss the days when EA developed the NHL-series for the computer. There is such limited capacity to have a creative, user-modified community with the series as it is for gaming platforms. Editability of players, teams and graphics is purposefully limited and what you can edit is entirely cumbersome.

I know that the casual fan doesn't care but a lot of us here do. Hopefully FHM lives up to its promise it provides the more hardcore NHL fans a more realistic, immersive GM-ing experience.

Foppa is offline  
Old
09-25-2012, 11:00 AM
  #128
Oscar Acosta
Bat Country
 
Oscar Acosta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 3,874
vCash: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23qwerty View Post
Simply untrue.
Ok guy.

It installs the game data to the hard drive when you choose that option on the 360. On the PS3 it does it when you first fire up any game.

Oscar Acosta is online now  
Old
09-25-2012, 11:07 AM
  #129
jfb392
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Acosta View Post
Ok guy.

It installs the game data to the hard drive when you choose that option on the 360. On the PS3 it does it when you first fire up any game.
You can't install games on the PS3 hard drive.

It puts some game data on there, but the whole thing is not installed on the hard drive.

jfb392 is offline  
Old
09-25-2012, 11:11 AM
  #130
NICKD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 44
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa View Post
I miss the days when EA developed the NHL-series for the computer. There is such limited capacity to have a creative, user-modified community with the series as it is for gaming platforms. Editability of players, teams and graphics is purposefully limited and what you can edit is entirely cumbersome.

I know that the casual fan doesn't care but a lot of us here do. Hopefully FHM lives up to its promise it provides the more hardcore NHL fans a more realistic, immersive GM-ing experience.
https://www.facebook.com/FranchiseHockeyManager

NICKD is offline  
Old
09-25-2012, 11:19 AM
  #131
Peter10
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Peter10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Germany
Country: Canada
Posts: 426
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Peter10
Quote:
Eddie Lack @eddielack

Right handed? Really? Ok I can switch, I'm still pretty young. @EASPORTSNHL
Poor Eddie hehe.

Peter10 is offline  
Old
09-25-2012, 11:32 AM
  #132
Foppa
Registered User
 
Foppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Kansas City, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKD View Post
It's exciting...I will say it sounds like the entire game is going to be very much a work in progress even after the initial release. So I'm not expecting an OOTP13 or Footy Manager level game off the bat. But these guys are dedicated and OOTP is for my money a hugely addicitive and endlessly editable gaming exerience so I expect FHM to be a success.

Foppa is offline  
Old
09-25-2012, 11:33 AM
  #133
Martyros
Registered User
 
Martyros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Holly Hood
Country: Armenia
Posts: 5,410
vCash: 500
Is by any chance the "owner draft pick" also reversed? Because I put authentic, and somehow Columbus doesn't have either La's or New York's first round pick. and everyone in the '12 draft had their own pick in the first round.

Martyros is offline  
Old
09-25-2012, 11:56 AM
  #134
Dreakon
Registered User
 
Dreakon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mighty Taco
Country: United States
Posts: 849
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Acosta View Post
The PS3 installs all games to the HDD.
It installs however much the developers choose. Whether its 2mb, half the disc, the entire thing, etc. On the Xbox you can install any and all game discs you throw in it, in full.

In NHLs case, if it installs anything, its not the full disc. Not even close.

Dreakon is offline  
Old
09-25-2012, 11:58 AM
  #135
jfb392
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,106
vCash: 500
Boy, they are super proud that they fixed a mistake that was a year old.
They sent a care package to Moroz:
Quote:
EdmOilKings Thanks to @EASPORTSNHL added @NHL_Oilers @MitchMoroz + sent along a nice care package too! #ThatsPro #Classy pic.twitter.com/pChrbNKl
http://twitter.com/EdmOilKings/statu...35319949524992

Quote:
EdmOilKings Contents of that care package courtesy @EASPORTSNHL NHL13 Madden13 + Fifa13 and a new lid. pic.twitter.com/hOIK4dVA
http://twitter.com/EdmOilKings/statu...37157650272256

What about the hundreds of other players not in the game?
That'd cost a fortune.

jfb392 is offline  
Old
09-25-2012, 12:23 PM
  #136
NICKD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 44
vCash: 500
wow talk about a waste of time. Instead of sending care packages they could have used their resources and actually listen to the community to have fixed the rosters in the first place. This was supposed to be fixed last year.

I think EA needs to open their eyes and hire a new Roster Dev member because clearly this guy they have sucks.

NICKD is offline  
Old
09-25-2012, 01:41 PM
  #137
Passchendaele
Registered User
 
Passchendaele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Laval, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,400
vCash: 500
If you create a player born, say, in october 1994 (like Jones), YOU HAVE to have him listed as being drafted in 2012, even if his birthday is after the deadline.

That's dumb. You can't even set a created player as 'undrafted'.

Passchendaele is offline  
Old
09-25-2012, 01:41 PM
  #138
Spectra
Registered boozer
 
Spectra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 976
vCash: 500
Okay, this is the first time in 10 years I haven't gotten the game upon release, since I don't have time to play it at the moment.

Is there anything else besides the skating that is a clear improvement over 12? I only play offline Be a GM so couldn't care less about improvements in other areas besides this mode, the presentation and the actual gameplay.

1. Be a GM: Practically the same, waivers needs to be turned off to have a realistic experience and contracts seem even more ridiculous than in 12...

2. Even less ability to edit players, making you have to create instead of edit players who just have the wrong handedness. In 12 they removed the ability to change player types and now they removed even more things. There should be MORE ways to edit the game each year, not less! This is unacceptable.

3. Presentation has the new broadcast cam, anything else? Even shorter breaks between whistles, again something that is reversed from what it should be if you want a more immersive game.

4. Even less penalties than 12? See above.

5. Superhuman goalies who save high percentage chances 9 times out of 10 but let in softies, how is this better than before?

6. Unrealistic hitting physics.

7. Nerfed vision control that is replaced with ability to skate backwards in an unrealistic manner (who does this in real life?).

8. New player potential system that look promising at first but seems to be flawed or possibly bugged. Some players randomly become superstars while others don't develop at all. Like every time EA introduces something new, they either over or under do it.

Anything else that's different that I've missed?

Give me a reason to buy this game.

Spectra is offline  
Old
09-25-2012, 02:00 PM
  #139
Morei
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 41
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectra View Post
Okay, this is the first time in 10 years I haven't gotten the game upon release, since I don't have time to play it at the moment.

Is there anything else besides the skating that is a clear improvement over 12? I only play offline Be a GM so couldn't care less about improvements in other areas besides this mode, the presentation and the actual gameplay.

1. Be a GM: Practically the same, waivers needs to be turned off to have a realistic experience and contracts seem even more ridiculous than in 12...

2. Even less ability to edit players, making you have to create instead of edit players who just have the wrong handedness. In 12 they removed the ability to change player types and now they removed even more things. There should be MORE ways to edit the game each year, not less! This is unacceptable.

3. Presentation has the new broadcast cam, anything else? Even shorter breaks between whistles, again something that is reversed from what it should be if you want a more immersive game.

4. Even less penalties than 12? See above.

5. Superhuman goalies who save high percentage chances 9 times out of 10 but let in softies, how is this better than before?

6. Unrealistic hitting physics.

7. Nerfed vision control that is replaced with ability to skate backwards in an unrealistic manner (who does this in real life?).

8. New player potential system that look promising at first but seems to be flawed or possibly bugged. Some players randomly become superstars while others don't develop at all. Like every time EA introduces something new, they either over or under do it.

Anything else that's different that I've missed?

Give me a reason to buy this game.
You can hip check players into the fans. That's a great reason to buy the game.

Morei is offline  
Old
09-25-2012, 02:11 PM
  #140
kirby11
Registered User
 
kirby11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cleveland, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 1,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morei View Post
You can hip check players into the fans. That's a great reason to buy the game.
"Most realistic hockey game out there"
So glad I just picked up 12 for $25 at gamestop.

kirby11 is offline  
Old
09-25-2012, 03:41 PM
  #141
KevFu
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Orleans
Country: United States
Posts: 3,771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectra View Post
8. New player potential system that look promising at first but seems to be flawed or possibly bugged. Some players randomly become superstars while others don't develop at all. Like every time EA introduces something new, they either over or under do it
That strikes me as extremely realistic.

What would the "Potential" ratings be for guys like: Brett Lindros, Jesse Niinimaki, A.J. Thelan, Jeff Heerema, Rico Fata, Alek Stojanov, Hugh Jessiman, Lars Jonsson, Alexander Svitov, Brian Finley, Jason Bonsignore, Patrik Stefan, Pavel Brendl, Alexandre Daigle or Radek Bonk?

And what would the potential ratings be for: Evgeni Nabokov, Pavol Demitra (9th round), Henrik Zetterberg, Henrik Lundqvist (7th round), Martin St. Louis, John Madden, Brian Rafalski, Jason Blake (Undrafted) ?

KevFu is offline  
Old
09-25-2012, 03:50 PM
  #142
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 4,217
vCash: 50
Even if it is slow GM connect is definitely worth the 60 bucks, but some of the mistakes are just amazingly bad.

(1) Is the complete bullcrap of the GM brain. It has potential, but it has no idea of loyalty and how the rebuilding clubs want to trade away their faces of the franchise and how the contenders want to trade away their top draft picks for depth players.

(2) I never seen so many teams offering their 1st to me. No seriously one season I could have had 9 first rounders and majority of these are not even in the 20s.

(3) Detroit trades Datsyuk to Buffalo for Luke Adam and scrubs. Rangers trade 5 picks to Tampa Bay for Martin St. Louis.

(4) some of the small detail like Goethe goalers masks don't update when switching teams. How Anaheim doesn't sign Perry and Getzlaf. How Crosby gets put on waivers.

I don't care if ea ever fixes this, but let the commissioner in GM connect and Offline GM accept or deny these trades because they are so damn brutal.

(5) so many teams a offseason signing other RFA players. How times have we seen this in the last ten years or so? Probably less than 10 times where in my league CPUs have sign other RFAs 15 including Stepan and McDoughy from the rangers. Also I would like to see a whole new scouting and prospect system. Something like FIFA how you can hire scouts and send them to individual leagues across the world and based on playing time, development, and potential determines how well a prospect evolves to a star.

I don't mind seeing star players being traded, but justify the trade like in FIFA and how the star players are not happy with their team. And mechanisms bring life to the players. Overall this game has great potential, but not enough time to test it for these minor and stupid mistakes which make the game almost unplayable.

What this game needs (and desperately needs) is a title update which improves the trades, biggest fault so far. Also ea should probably delay the game by one or two weeks to make a roster update when the game is released and majority of the CHL players have already played a game.

S E P H is offline  
Old
09-25-2012, 04:01 PM
  #143
n00bxQb
Registered User
 
n00bxQb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby11 View Post
"Most realistic hockey game out there"
So glad I just picked up 12 for $25 at gamestop.
You realize NHL 12 had the exact same issue in the first month, right? It'll get fixed in NHL 13, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevFu View Post
That strikes me as extremely realistic.

What would the "Potential" ratings be for guys like: Brett Lindros, Jesse Niinimaki, A.J. Thelan, Jeff Heerema, Rico Fata, Alek Stojanov, Hugh Jessiman, Lars Jonsson, Alexander Svitov, Brian Finley, Jason Bonsignore, Patrik Stefan, Pavel Brendl, Alexandre Daigle or Radek Bonk?

And what would the potential ratings be for: Evgeni Nabokov, Pavol Demitra (9th round), Henrik Zetterberg, Henrik Lundqvist (7th round), Martin St. Louis, John Madden, Brian Rafalski, Jason Blake (Undrafted) ?
No doubt, huh? I always hated how reliably players would progress/decline in past NHL games. Unpredictability is far more realistic than last year's system of constant growth until approximately age 34 then rapid decline ...

n00bxQb is offline  
Old
09-25-2012, 04:02 PM
  #144
KevFu
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Orleans
Country: United States
Posts: 3,771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Rangers trade 5 picks to Tampa Bay for Martin St. Louis.
Is that really that far-fetched?


KevFu is offline  
Old
09-25-2012, 04:10 PM
  #145
jfb392
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
What this game needs (and desperately needs) is a title update which improves the trades, biggest fault so far. Also ea should probably delay the game by one or two weeks to make a roster update when the game is released and majority of the CHL players have already played a game.
As I pointed out before, there are numerous CHL rookies on the expansion Sherbrooke Phoenix (since they couldn't copy and paste an old roster for a brand new team) and they were in the game prior to ever playing a CHL game.

The rule is either made up or there are no consequences for breaking it.
They simply don't care about the accuracy of CHL rosters, hence why I found 82 required changes after going through four teams.

jfb392 is offline  
Old
09-25-2012, 04:16 PM
  #146
Foppa
Registered User
 
Foppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Kansas City, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passchendaele View Post
If you create a player born, say, in october 1994 (like Jones), YOU HAVE to have him listed as being drafted in 2012, even if his birthday is after the deadline.

That's dumb. You can't even set a created player as 'undrafted'.
Wait, so if you create Jones accurately, he isn't even eligible to be drafted?

Foppa is offline  
Old
09-25-2012, 04:56 PM
  #147
KevFu
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Orleans
Country: United States
Posts: 3,771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00bxQb View Post
You realize NHL 12 had the exact same issue in the first month, right? It'll get fixed in NHL 13, too.
No doubt, huh? I always hated how reliably players would progress/decline in past NHL games. Unpredictability is far more realistic than last year's system of constant growth until approximately age 34 then rapid decline ...
I think there should be TRENDS in who develops and who doesn't. And if you can identify it, you're a good GM. Like real life.

For example, a lot of games with prospects have EVERY rating start low and climb, which is highly unrealistic. I think O/D awareness (and speed) should start relatively close to their final results. Players CAN become better at those things, but they don't go from "45" to "90." They go from "45" to "60" or "75" to "90."

If they made it so that someone with horrible awareness probably won't develop as quick, as much, etc, That'd be an acceptable way of doing it. Along with height/weight modifiers, etc.


Last edited by KevFu: 09-25-2012 at 05:08 PM.
KevFu is offline  
Old
09-25-2012, 08:06 PM
  #148
NICKD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 44
vCash: 500
Finally Rosters worth downloading.

These will be correct with the right prospects. The only thing this Roster update wont have is the contract lengths. The Salaries have been adjusted however. This gives me a reason to Finally play the game. They also fix ratings and potentials as well.

https://sites.google.com/a/ultimatehockey.info/www/

NICKD is offline  
Old
09-25-2012, 08:15 PM
  #149
Izzy
Moderator
FollowmeonInstagram!
 
Izzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,151
vCash: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevFu View Post
I think there should be TRENDS in who develops and who doesn't. And if you can identify it, you're a good GM. Like real life.

For example, a lot of games with prospects have EVERY rating start low and climb, which is highly unrealistic. I think O/D awareness (and speed) should start relatively close to their final results. Players CAN become better at those things, but they don't go from "45" to "90." They go from "45" to "60" or "75" to "90."

If they made it so that someone with horrible awareness probably won't develop as quick, as much, etc, That'd be an acceptable way of doing it. Along with height/weight modifiers, etc.
Players mature with age, hence better senses.

Izzy is offline  
Old
09-25-2012, 09:23 PM
  #150
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,047
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevFu View Post
I think there should be TRENDS in who develops and who doesn't. And if you can identify it, you're a good GM. Like real life.

For example, a lot of games with prospects have EVERY rating start low and climb, which is highly unrealistic. I think O/D awareness (and speed) should start relatively close to their final results. Players CAN become better at those things, but they don't go from "45" to "90." They go from "45" to "60" or "75" to "90."

If they made it so that someone with horrible awareness probably won't develop as quick, as much, etc, That'd be an acceptable way of doing it. Along with height/weight modifiers, etc.
I'd say that wouldn't work out too well because once one person cracks the code, Be a GM is super easy to build top notch teams

Krishna is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:47 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.