HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

52 Names Selected for Stanley Cup Engraving

Old
09-22-2012, 02:50 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

vCash: 500
Loktionov being left off the cup isn't right and you can bet that it has something to do with his flitting off to play in the K. The org put this list together awhile ago and certain things have happened since. The list may only now be getting released officially but one happened before the other.

Whatever the circumstances Loki played during the playoffs and was part of what it took to win the games that won us the cup, his name should be automatic.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 02:51 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I know she is an avid Kings fan, but her name really doesn't belong there. Loktionov deserved to be there for sure. It would have been a nice gesture to get the broadcast crew on there as well, but the space is too limited. Fikre and McGowan are questionable as well, as they have little to do with the team directly and are just AEG employees that handle team assignments on occasion.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 02:55 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I always thought that the broadcasters names can't be on the cup. Its funny but I have been all over that cup in person and I can't remember ever seeing a broadcasters name on it. But that said I never looked for them either.

There are a couple of names we have submitted that are pure bunk to me.

Old
09-22-2012, 03:15 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
Lokti over Drewiske is such an easy decision, I can't understand how they screwed this up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Drewiske was the ultimate team player the entire season. I don't see how lokti was more valuable in any way.

WE WIN!

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 03:40 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
They may very likely send him a ring (and I'm sure Bernie and the broadcast team will get rings as well).
Hey if Bryan Hayward gets a ring, Bob Miller gets a ring, a crown, a scepter, and an orb.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 03:42 PM
bral
Go Kings!

I've always felt the Cup names should be strictly Owner,GM's,Coaches and Players. Give all the rest rings.

bral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 04:24 PM
Vamos Rafa
ADT = GH

Now I wish the Cup wasn't just one trophy just like in other sports so we wouldn't have to complain about whose names are on it.

Vamos Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 04:42 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Hey if Bryan Hayward gets a ring, Bob Miller gets a ring, a crown, a scepter, and an orb.
I'd love to see Bob decorated in all of that paraphernalia during broadcasts this season. Give him a royal cape as well.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 04:59 PM
onlyalad

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Ducks gave rings to the ice girls

onlyalad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 05:11 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyalad View Post
Ducks gave rings to the ice girls
That is very meh, especially in hockey, but not unheard of. The NFL gives cheerleaders rings too, though they are smaller, women's versions, but they get them nonetheless. They aren't worth a whole lot compared to the players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybil227 View Post
People just don't recognize him. But he's there an awful lot. His wife is a HUGE hockey fan & avid Kings supporter. Even if he didn't want to go, she'd probably drag him to the games.

I'm pretty upset that Terry Murray's name isn't on there. He did so much to build this team. He was handed a muddled mess of a team from Crawford and he taught them how to play defense, how to be responsible two-way players, how not to panic when you get down in a game - stick to your system and the things you do well and good things will come of it.
Leiweke even said publicly that they were lobbying for his name to be on the Cup. It should be there. He couldn't take us the entire way - but he built that foundation.
I'm all sad for him...
He will be recognized by the organization for it, but his name doesn't belong on the cup. It would be like putting Jack Johnson's name on it. Murray coached for half the year, and if the change wasn't made, we would likely not be celebrating a cup at all. He was a big part of the system our team played, but he wasn't a member of the team anymore, outside of being a scout/advisor on a low level. He'll get his ring and salute though. Dean has been all about giving Murray his dues since we won.

Telos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 06:38 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Loktionov played 41 games for the Kings. It's ridiculous his name isn't on there. Drewiske played 9.
I completely agree with this.

You should reward the guy like Westgarth obviously...but reward him with a ring, not with him taking the name of a guy who contributed more in terms of games played, points, and....well...role on the team.

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 10:25 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Kings Drummer View Post
Really? I could be dead wrong but I was under the impression that uncle Phil isn't seen in public too much.
I recognized him...I wander the halls all the time in between periods, pretty sure I've seen him hanging around, I've seen Daryl Evans and Bernie Nicholls as well wander the halls prior to games.

I've heard that his wife was pretty much into Phil's ear also about the quality of the team. She may be the silent voice that you never hear about...pushing Phil to let Dean build the team, etc. etc.

I'm wondering what she is thinking about the sale? Probably not too happy about it...I can see bedroom squabbles now.

09-23-2012, 12:38 AM
Dawdler
Pearson for Calder!!

I'm curious has Mrs. Anschutz ever been photographed, I've never seen her

Dawdler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 05:56 AM
Minor Boarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawdler View Post
I'm curious has Mrs. Anschutz ever been photographed, I've never seen her
She is the blonde with a kid near Robitaile (above Dean Lombardi) in this Stanley Cup group picture...

Minor Boarding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 08:30 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

To the people saying that Loktionov going to the KHL is the reason that he isn't on the cup, you have to understand that the list of names is submitted has to be approved by the NHL. There is a chance that the Kings requested Loktionov and Murray be included and got told no by the NHL office. They could have simply said since he spent time in the AHL this year he isn't eligible. I know in Drewiske, Westgarth and Loktionov's (Gagne as well?) cases they didn't play the right combination of games to automatically be included as players... The NHL can't really make the arguement that Westgarth or Drewiske weren't part of the team since they played no were else this year. I'm not saying it's right or wrong. Just pointing out that this decision likely had nothing to do with Loktionov and the decision to play in the KHL, because it was made long before that news came out.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 05:25 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
So how exactly did Westgarth get on the cup ahead of Loktionov when Loki played more games and actually played in the playoffs?

Seems harsh on Loki
I'm guessing Garth is because he is their PA go oto guy, and good lockerroom guy.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 05:52 PM
Johnny Utah

Loktionov played in 2 playoff games and his name is not on the cup? That's just strange. Drewiske has been a King for part of 4 seasons and Westgarth for 3....Loktionov has been a King for parts of 3 seasons as well (played only game in his first go around) but still, even Westgarth only saw 9 games his first go around.

But, then looking at the stats, Westgarth has 90 NHL regular games and 9 playoff games, where Loki has only 59 regular season games and 2 playoff games. Drewiske has 106 NHL regular season games and NO playoff games.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 10:49 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Loktionov played in 2 playoff games and his name is not on the cup? That's just strange. Drewiske has been a King for part of 4 seasons and Westgarth for 3....Loktionov has been a King for parts of 3 seasons as well (played only game in his first go around) but still, even Westgarth only saw 9 games his first go around.

But, then looking at the stats, Westgarth has 90 NHL regular games and 9 playoff games, where Loki has only 59 regular season games and 2 playoff games. Drewiske has 106 NHL regular season games and NO playoff games.
Keep in mind too that this past season Loktionov was only a King for part of the year and spent time in the AHL. This might of been the determining factor on what players made the cut and which got rejected. Like I said earlier, it may have been out of the Kings hands and a ruling by the NHL. Really no way of knowing how made the call and where/when his name was removed from consideration.

Old
09-24-2012, 11:24 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
Keep in mind too that this past season Loktionov was only a King for part of the year and spent time in the AHL. This might of been the determining factor on what players made the cut and which got rejected. Like I said earlier, it may have been out of the Kings hands and a ruling by the NHL. Really no way of knowing how made the call and where/when his name was removed from consideration.
Didn't King and Nolan also both play in the AHL as well?

I agree that the list was made and handed to the NHL awhile ago and that the NHL has some say in who is allowed on the list but Loktionov wasn't our only AHL call up who played with the team for part of the season and then again during the playoffs.

As far as active players are concerned that is typically left with the team as far as I understand.

Old
09-25-2012, 12:55 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Didn't King and Nolan also both play in the AHL as well?

I agree that the list was made and handed to the NHL awhile ago and that the NHL has some say in who is allowed on the list but Loktionov wasn't our only AHL call up who played with the team for part of the season and then again during the playoffs.

As far as active players are concerned that is typically left with the team as far as I understand.
He was the only callup that didn't play in every playoff game like Voinov, Nolan, and King. He played in 2 games and it was kind of clear that he was in those mostly because Clifford was out. I really think it's a matter of Loki being the only guy that can really have a case made for not being a true member of the team and an injury callup...

Old
09-25-2012, 05:39 AM
CNS
A World Alone

**** whoever left Lokti off the cup. Seriously. At least I know he's a cup champ in my heart <3

Can I even claim no homo after that?

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 11:38 AM
Pucknut50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybil227 View Post
People just don't recognize him. But he's there an awful lot. His wife is a HUGE hockey fan & avid Kings supporter. Even if he didn't want to go, she'd probably drag him to the games.

I'm pretty upset that Terry Murray's name isn't on there. He did so much to build this team. He was handed a muddled mess of a team from Crawford and he taught them how to play defense, how to be responsible two-way players, how not to panic when you get down in a game - stick to your system and the things you do well and good things will come of it.
Leiweke even said publicly that they were lobbying for his name to be on the Cup. It should be there. He couldn't take us the entire way - but he built that foundation.
I'm all sad for him...
I guarantee 100% Terry Murray could care less if he's on the cup or not. Terry Murray played the game so anyone who has ever played the game only cares if he was there to win the championship. Loktionov deserves his name on the cup more than a dozen other people on there. Its the players whose name should be on the cup. Not owners, staff, the video guy, etc...PLAYERS

As much as I love Bob and Jim they do not belong on the cup either.

Pucknut50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 02:35 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Is anyone really serious about being surprised that Terry Murray's name isn't on there? You've gotta be kidding me. While they're at it, why not also put on the names of Andy Murray and John Torchetti.

Old
09-25-2012, 03:03 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Is anyone really serious about being surprised that Terry Murray's name isn't on there? You've gotta be kidding me. While they're at it, why not also put on the names of Andy Murray and John Torchetti.
No more crazy than the people that wanted Bailey and Bavis included. Devil's advocate; an arguement coupld be made for Murray since he did at least coach the team for part of the year...

Old
09-25-2012, 03:16 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
No more crazy than the people that wanted Bailey and Bavis included. Devil's advocate; an arguement coupld be made for Murray since he did at least coach the team for part of the year...
It's about the people who were directly involved with the Cup win. While it would be nice to have names like Miller and Fox on there, it's no big deal and no surprise their names aren't listed. They'll get their rings. It is preposterous to me how anyone could support having a coach who was fired listed on the Cup. He was replaced, meaning the team felt he wasn't getting the job done and he wasn't the right person behind the bench to lead them to a championship.

Sure it's great that Murray taught them how to play defense, he also stifled their offense to the point that they were barely clinging on to a playoff spot at the midway point and had to have a strong push in the last couple of months to secure a playoff spot. This is why I laugh when people suggest Terry Murray should have his name on the Cup. I guess the Devils should've done the same with Robbie Ftorek and gotten his name on the Cup when they won it in 2000.