HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-13 Lockout Discussion Part III (First 2 weeks of season cancelled)

Closed Thread

Old
09-25-2012, 01:51 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
2012-13 Lockout Discussion Part III (First 2 weeks of season cancelled)

The sad thread continues

One can only hope there is no part IV.

09-25-2012, 01:53 PM
jniklast

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
Better question is what the **** else are they going to address?
Well, maybe if they solve the other issues like UFA age, ELC system, salary arbitration and cap circumvention, the core economic issues can be solved more easily. Maybe the PA is ready to give up some percentages of the revenue if they know that the UFA age won't be changed.

That's obviously a lot of wishful thinking, but better they talk about something CBA related than not at all...

Old
09-25-2012, 01:56 PM
Jax1166

If you buy tickets off eBay/Stubhub craiglists do you get refunded?

Old
09-25-2012, 02:24 PM
niinah
Section 214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doakes View Post
If you buy tickets off eBay/Stubhub craiglists do you get refunded?
I can say for certain that from Stubhub you get a full refund (including service fee) if the game is canceled.
Craigslist you never know...
eBay I would think has a similar policy as Stubhub but don't have personal experience on that.

Old
09-25-2012, 02:58 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Bettman insisted the core economic issues needed to settled before they could move to the other issues. Non-core economic issues will the topic on Friday.

Free agency. 7 years or 27 years old. Owners want 10 years.

Arbitration. Owners want it gone.

Entry Level. Owners want 5 year ELCs.

Contract structure/contract limits. According to Bill Daly,topic 1A after the economic stuff.

Quote:
The CBA meeting will be in NYC onFriday. Non-core economic matters include: pensions & benefits, grievance procedures, medical, travel etc.
https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/sta...68867695820801

Daly had indicated a few weeks ago the NHL and PA had tentative agreements on some of this stuff.

Old
09-25-2012, 03:06 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

anybody know why zucc hasn't played in games? thought i saw somewhere that he is on LTIR but i'm not positive. would be kind of ironic if he left the US to play more games and some NHLer took his spot (:

Old
09-25-2012, 03:26 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Bettman insisted the core economic issues needed to settled before they could move to the other issues. Non-core economic issues will the topic on Friday.

Free agency. 7 years or 27 years old. Owners want 10 years.

Arbitration. Owners want it gone.

Entry Level. Owners want 5 year ELCs.

Contract structure/contract limits. According to Bill Daly,topic 1A after the economic stuff.

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/sta...68867695820801

Daly had indicated a few weeks ago the NHL and PA had tentative agreements on some of this stuff.
I think this shows, yet again, that the Owners are willing to negotiate. Players wanted to talk about this stuff first, owners agreed. Players wanted the HRR to be fair, owners agreed. Players thought the owners initial proposal was proposesterous in terms of the split, so the owners came closer to 50/50.

Players havent budged at all. To me, this is a players lockout more than an owners lockout. Only thing the players have going for them is "they are willing to play under the current agreement" basically, forcing the owners to lock them out rather than continue to play. Its a PR stunt of course, and its working a bit, but, to me, the players need to start getting serious and offering up some more of their stances to get this deal done.

Old
09-25-2012, 03:54 PM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
anybody know why zucc hasn't played in games? thought i saw somewhere that he is on LTIR but i'm not positive. would be kind of ironic if he left the US to play more games and some NHLer took his spot (:
He got hurt again. I don't remember what the injury was.

Old
09-25-2012, 04:24 PM
mschmidt64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
I think this shows, yet again, that the Owners are willing to negotiate. Players wanted to talk about this stuff first, owners agreed. Players wanted the HRR to be fair, owners agreed. Players thought the owners initial proposal was proposesterous in terms of the split, so the owners came closer to 50/50.

Players havent budged at all. To me, this is a players lockout more than an owners lockout. Only thing the players have going for them is "they are willing to play under the current agreement" basically, forcing the owners to lock them out rather than continue to play. Its a PR stunt of course, and its working a bit, but, to me, the players need to start getting serious and offering up some more of their stances to get this deal done.
So they came to an agreement on how they are counting HRR?

Old
09-25-2012, 04:25 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
So they came to an agreement on how they are counting HRR?
In the latest NHL proposal they counted HRR the same way it was in the past CBA. I'm assuming they'll keep it that way going forward in negotiations but who knows.

09-25-2012, 04:30 PM
HockeyStickHomicide
Registered Abuser

Look what came in the mail today!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 399682_425234714200752_1246866114_n.jpg‎ (65.7 KB, 37 views)

Old
09-25-2012, 04:34 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Where did you get that shirt? I want to order one.

Old
09-25-2012, 04:40 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
In the latest NHL proposal they counted HRR the same way it was in the past CBA. I'm assuming they'll keep it that way going forward in negotiations but who knows.
Yeah, but that's not really a concession. The owners wanted to expand the definition of revenue and drop the players percentage to 43%. 43% of the expanded HRR was equivalent to 46% of HRR from the last CBA. The players said "We like the expanded revenue, but you're still essentially asking for a 20% paycut. We are not on board." The owners said, "fine, we'll get rid of the expanded revenue and give you one percentage point back on what we offered."

The NHL did a pretty good job spinning that as a move of 4 percentage points (43 to 47) when it was really wasn't.

Old
09-25-2012, 04:42 PM
mschmidt64

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
I see.

Old
09-25-2012, 04:50 PM
HockeyStickHomicide
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
Where did you get that shirt? I want to order one.
http://webleedblue.com/

Support ranger nation!

Old
09-25-2012, 04:53 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Hey! Look what happens when you backcheck Nik Z

Old
09-25-2012, 05:26 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Yeah, but that's not really a concession. The owners wanted to expand the definition of revenue and drop the players percentage to 43%. 43% of the expanded HRR was equivalent to 46% of HRR from the last CBA. The players said "We like the expanded revenue, but you're still essentially asking for a 20% paycut. We are not on board." The owners said, "fine, we'll get rid of the expanded revenue and give you one percentage point back on what we offered."

The NHL did a pretty good job spinning that as a move of 4 percentage points (43 to 47) when it was really wasn't.
That was my initial understanding regarding the new definition of the HRR as well, but I believe upon closer inspection the prevailing wisdom was that the inclusion of operating costs far outweighed the additional fringe revenue sources in the proposed new definition. Consequently, the return to the old definition was actually something that the players wanted. So, in fact, the latest offer was quite a big move by the league. That's why I've been saying all along that the next move has to come from the players.

Look, I understand the desire to preserve what you have. I also very much understand the emotional reaction of "you're trying to weasel out of existing contracts, you ********!"

Except the fact is that every player contract is signed in the context of the CBA; every single one of them is subject to the effects of changes to the CBA - and the agents and the GMs certainly understand this when each one is signed, even if the players don't. Hell, the whole reason for the escrow system in the CBA is to claw back cash from all contracts across the board if revenues fall short in a given year and, as a result, aggregate player salaries come in over the CBA defined split. That's a potential systematic reduction to salaries in every given year that's built IN to the CBA!

In addition, the previous CBA is out of market by 7-8 points. Players in the NBA, NFL and MLB all have deals that are 50% or less. So there's NO way that the NHLPA can reasonably expect to come out of this at much better than 50%.

We're currently at 47% on the owners' side and 57% on the players' side (with room to move down if the league grows revenues by a significant amount). The owners have 3 points to close to the best case end point while the players have 7. The owners made the last proposal.

We need the Fehr brothers to step up and take the next move if we have any hope of a season. I hate Gary Bettman as much as the next guy, but the blame for the current inertia lays squarely with the players.

Old
09-25-2012, 05:34 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
That was my initial understanding regarding the new definition of the HRR as well, but I believe upon closer inspection the prevailing wisdom was that the inclusion of operating costs far outweighed the additional fringe revenue sources in the proposed new definition. Consequently, the return to the old definition was actually something that the players wanted. So, in fact, the latest offer was quite a big move by the league. That's why I've been saying all along that the next move has to come from the players.

Look, I understand the desire to preserve what you have. I also very much understand the emotional reaction of "you're trying to weasel out of existing contracts, you ********!"

Except the fact is that every player contract is signed in the context of the CBA; every single one of them is subject to the effects of changes to the CBA - and the agents and the GMs certainly understand this when each one is signed, even if the players don't. Hell, the whole reason for the escrow system in the CBA is to claw back cash from all contracts across the board if revenues fall short in a given year and, as a result, aggregate player salaries come in over the CBA defined split. That's a potential systematic reduction to salaries in every given year that's built IN to the CBA!

In addition, the previous CBA is out of market by 7-8 points. Players in the NBA, NFL and MLB all have deals that are 50% or less. So there's NO way that the NHLPA can reasonably expect to come out of this at much better than 50%.

We're currently at 47% on the owners' side and 57% on the players' side (with room to move down if the league grows revenues by a significant amount). The owners have 3 points to close to the best case end point while the players have 7. The owners made the last proposal.

We need the Fehr brothers to step up and take the next move if we have any hope of a season. I hate Gary Bettman as much as the next guy, but the blame for the current inertia lays squarely with the players.
Couldnt have said it better myself.

Old
09-25-2012, 05:40 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post

Well said.

09-25-2012, 05:50 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyStickHomicide View Post
Look what came in the mail today!

Old
09-25-2012, 06:03 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
Unlike the owners, the people who want to wear that tee-shirt have a right to freedom of expression.

Old
09-25-2012, 06:12 PM
DixonWard15

sabres fan in peace here:

I'm a recent NYC transplant, what are my inperson hockey viewing options if we have an extended lockout?

Old
09-25-2012, 06:25 PM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixonWard15 View Post
sabres fan in peace here:

I'm a recent NYC transplant, what are my inperson hockey viewing options if we have an extended lockout?
I'm in Buffalo now from NYC

KHL might be using Barclay's center for a few games.. I think brooklyn has a minor team

Old
09-25-2012, 06:28 PM
Lundsanity30

1. ****

2. Sign and ratify a stupid CBA agreement.

3. Play the season.. Its not like they can't survive on a few million dollars less..

signed, every NHL fan.

Old
09-25-2012, 06:30 PM
ak10r
HFBoards Sponsor

This needs to end and soon….. If I have to watch Oil Change one more time on the NHL Network…… Something is getting shot…..

Closed Thread