HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

2012-13 NFL Season Thread - The Baltimore Ravens are Superbowl Champs!

Old
09-25-2012, 01:22 PM
Six in O6

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
I don't know that you can really ruin the integrity anymore after last night. The only thing that would be worse is the regular officials coming back this week and doing a worse job.
Give it two weeks, nobody will be talking about this. That's the beauty of sports, both parties have to move on and the NFL is laughing all the way to the bank.

Six in O6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 05:40 PM
Krigaren*

Quote:
I don't know that you can really ruin the integrity anymore after last night. The only thing that would be worse is the regular officials coming back this week and doing a worse job.
I just watch the nfl for fun (usually fall asleep to it, and that happend last night aswell). But what was so bad about the refs? Did they call a touchdown that wasnt a touchdown?

The only thing i reacted to, was that it seemed to be more calls than usuall in the game (but as i said i felt asleep somewhere in the second quarter).

Krigaren* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 05:51 PM
Kyle McMahon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insta View Post
Wrong again Bob
You'll notice that was posted before last nights game.

So OK, there we have it. The replacement refs have decided a game. Just like the regular refs have in the past. Anybody remember the Denver-San Diego "fumble/whistle/no fumble game" or the Bears-Lions game where Calvin Johnson had a TD taken away on the last play after only getting about 9 steps down in the endzone? I hope the regular refs come back as well because they move the game along a little quicker, but people are kidding themselves if they don't think another game or two this year is going to get decided with a similarly bad blown call by the normal refs, if thay are indeed brought back.

Kyle McMahon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 06:09 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 688
"Because of the LFL's perception it is that much more critical for us to hire officiating crews that are competent, not only for the credibility of our game but to keep our athletes safer. Due to several on-field incompetent officiating we chose to part ways with with a couple crews which apparently are now officiating in the NFL. We have a lot of respect for our officials but we felt the officiating was not in line with our expectations.

L stands for lingerie for those of you that don't know.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 06:13 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
I just watch the nfl for fun (usually fall asleep to it, and that happend last night aswell). But what was so bad about the refs? Did they call a touchdown that wasnt a touchdown?

The only thing i reacted to, was that it seemed to be more calls than usuall in the game (but as i said i felt asleep somewhere in the second quarter).
Previous page has video.

Old
09-27-2012, 09:11 AM
jsho

Quote:
"Because of the LFL's perception it is that much more critical for us to hire officiating crews that are competent, not only for the credibility of our game but to keep our athletes safer. Due to several on-field incompetent officiating we chose to part ways with with a couple crews which apparently are now officiating in the NFL. We have a lot of respect for our officials but we felt the officiating was not in line with our expectations.

L stands for lingerie for those of you that don't know.
Where is that quote from? If thats true, that is beyond ridiculous...

jsho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 09:16 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsho View Post
Where is that quote from? If thats true, that is beyond ridiculous...
It was in the Edmonton Sun.

Well in other news the original refs will be back tonight.

Old
09-27-2012, 10:25 PM
Kyle McMahon

Now I know why I didn't care if the old refs came back. Awful call on Cleveland at a critical point, and the coach gets an extra 15 for voicing his understandable displeasure. Good to see the refs have brought their enormous egos back with them.

Old
09-28-2012, 09:12 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle McMahon View Post
Now I know why I didn't care if the old refs came back. Awful call on Cleveland at a critical point, and the coach gets an extra 15 for voicing his understandable displeasure. Good to see the refs have brought their enormous egos back with them.
I wasn't around last night to watch the game, but it was their first game back. With that being said I don't expect the officials to be perfect anyway. They were brutal last year so I'm not sure why that would change all that much.

Old
09-28-2012, 12:48 PM
PepsiFiend

I think the main key for the real refs being back is that they don't let the games get out of control as many of the replacement refs had... As for the GB/Seattle game, yeah Green Bay got hosed at the end, but they were also gifted a 1st down on a bogus pass interference call, on their TD drive... As for this week, The Sains vs Packers game is pretty much a must win for both teams already at this point.

PepsiFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 03:57 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Tastes like Chicken

For those who have seen "Super Troopers", you will great appreciate this.

Very VERY Funny

http://deadspin.com/5947408/falcons-...n-sportscenter

Jimmi Jenkins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 04:09 PM
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
For those who have seen "Super Troopers", you will great appreciate this.

Very VERY Funny

http://deadspin.com/5947408/falcons-...n-sportscenter

That was fantastic! I'm disappointed that it seems like the last 90 seconds he stopped then threw one after the conversation was over.

Still great though.

Fixed to Ruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2012, 04:52 PM
Matt Ryan
Falcons Rise Up

Did anyone watch the Falcons-Panthers game? Holy crap, I have no nails left; it was too exciting.

Matty ICE is clutch as ****.

At their 1 yard line with a minute left no timeouts to win it...and they did.

Matt Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 12:28 AM
#ualberta

I've really been enjoying watching football in the absence of hockey

402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 08:59 PM
Kyle McMahon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge for Nuge View Post
Did anyone watch the Falcons-Panthers game? Holy crap, I have no nails left; it was too exciting.

Matty ICE is clutch as ****.

At their 1 yard line with a minute left no timeouts to win it...and they did.
Carolina's defense has to be the biggest embarrassment in the NFL. I've said it elsewhere in this thread, but if Newton doesn't put up 35 points, Carolina isn't winning. There are players in that secondary (Captain Munnerlyn, I'm looking at you) that would be cut by the U of A Golden Bears.

Well 1-3...with the lone win over the 0-4 Saints. Looks like it's pretty much last call next Sunday against the Seahawks, who win about one game per decade on the east coast. Watch it be this one.

Old
10-01-2012, 10:44 PM
OilDrop37

What a beating the Cowboys took

Never know what your going to get with da Bears...

OilDrop37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 11:11 PM
Philly85
Moody'

Dallas is garbage. Not much else makes me happier than seeing this farce of a team get stomped on home turf. Brandon Marshall with a monster game.

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 12:15 PM
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
Dallas is garbage. Not much else makes me happier than seeing this farce of a team get stomped on home turf. Brandon Marshall with a monster game.
I remember listening to the NFL channel on sirius when the Cowboys beat the Giants.

This one Cowboy fan went on a 5 min rant on how great Romo and the team was gonna be this year.

I bet that same guy will call in today with a 5 min rant on how the team stinks.

Old
10-02-2012, 12:56 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Tastes like Chicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by devils4cup View Post
I remember listening to the NFL channel on sirius when the Cowboys beat the Giants.

This one Cowboy fan went on a 5 min rant on how great Romo and the team was gonna be this year.

I bet that same guy will call in today with a 5 min rant on how the team stinks.
Dallas is without fail, every year, the most overrated football team ever.

Going into every season they "have so much talent" and "look so great on paper", and they have that built in excuse all year "the Talent just isn't playing to the level they need it, blah blah blah" They aren't a good football team, if they were they'd make the playoffs and be able to win in the playoffs, they do neither.

Old
10-02-2012, 09:49 PM
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!

Quote:

Going into every season they "have so much talent" and "look so great on paper", and they have that built in excuse all year "the Talent just isn't playing to the level they need it, blah blah blah" They aren't a good football team, if they were they'd make the playoffs and be able to win in the playoffs, they do neither.
Great Post.

I think you can also apply this to the Jets. The only difference is that the Jets coach is a loud mouth who brings attention onto himself.

Old
10-02-2012, 09:54 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Tastes like Chicken

Quote:
Great Post.

I think you can also apply this to the Jets. The only difference is that the Jets coach is a loud mouth who brings attention onto himself.
The Jets used to be because they were kind of the lovable losers, just not that good, NY's other team, but you could kinda pull for them.

Now, I agree, they sure like to "tell" people how good they are.

Old
10-04-2012, 10:17 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Tastes like Chicken

This has been both a terrible and intriguing Thursday nighter, all I know is the fact Kevin Kolb can stand is impressive.

Old
10-04-2012, 11:56 PM
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!

Quote:
This has been both a terrible and intriguing Thursday nighter, all I know is the fact Kevin Kolb can stand is impressive.
The Cardinals looked like the Cardinals tonight. Well the OL at least.

Old
10-05-2012, 10:41 AM
Jimmi Jenkins
Tastes like Chicken

Quote:
The Cardinals looked like the Cardinals tonight. Well the OL at least.
The thing I couldn't figure out was how they were just "that" bad. It looked like a group that had started learning the position this week. Even when the Esks were(/are) bad, they were Never that bad, they looked less like an OL and more like a turnstile.

Old
10-05-2012, 11:33 AM
Starscream

Quote:

To be fair they do have some talented players. There biggest problem is they have no really good supporting players and no depth.

On offense they have Romo (Not the best QB or anything but pretty good QB), a decent RB in Murray, some pretty good receivers in Witten, Austin, and Bryant. But they have arguably the worst Oline in the league, and nothing on offense after those 5.

On Defense they have Ware who is great, and a couple decent players in Sean Lee and Brandon Carr and a good prospect in Morris Claiborne. But not much after that, and if Ware is hurt they get no pressure what so ever on the QB.

I feel bad for Romo, since its always his fault when they lose. When in fact he just plays on a bad team with some good players and a lot of really bad ones. The Cowboys are a mess this year with a horrible Oline and Dline, horrible coaching, horrible special teams. Its actually amazing they are 2-2 so far this year

Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote