HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Detroit Red Wings Prospect #29

View Poll Results: Who is #29?
Rasmus Bodin 12 26.09%
Willie Coetzee 4 8.70%
Gleason Fournier 2 4.35%
James De Haas 5 10.87%
Philippe Hudon 2 4.35%
Mike "Don't Call Me Philippe Hudon" McKee 5 10.87%
Andrej Nestrasil 9 19.57%
Francis Paré 1 2.17%
Trevor Parkes 5 10.87%
Brent Raedeke 1 2.17%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old
09-25-2012, 03:24 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
Because Bodin is playing third tier hockey in Sweden and was drafted for his size and physicality basically. Mckee was just picked higher than him for his size and physicality and is already used to North American style of play.

Parkes has played in the AHL as a pretty decent grinder who didnt look terrible last year, professional NA hockey which is somewhere a lot of prospects dont even get to, let alone regular time in the AHL and Bodin is only a decent grinder in third tier Sweden.

I also dont see how Bodin can be percieved as highest upside at all, he projects as nothing but a grinder
I agree,
Except I think Nestrasil or Fournier are ahead of either of these guys by a large margin. Same with Parkes

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 03:45 PM
jaster
glendeningforcaptain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
I agree,
Except I think Nestrasil or Fournier are ahead of either of these guys by a large margin. Same with Parkes
I think all 3 of those guys have fallen behind the others. They are further along, but they have failed to make a significant jump and have established themselves to a higher degree as prospects without an NHL future. Especially Fournier and Nestrasil. These guys are 21yo and playing mostly in the East Coast league. How many 21yo players in the E go on to the NHL? Parkes maybe has a chance, but even 4th-liners in the NHL have to put up more than 8 points in an AHL season. These guys have all pretty much flamed out, imo. Guys like Bodin (and McKee and De Haas) can still make a jump. Odds are they won't and that they'll flame out as well, but there's still a chance for them.

jaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 08:27 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaster View Post
I think all 3 of those guys have fallen behind the others. They are further along, but they have failed to make a significant jump and have established themselves to a higher degree as prospects without an NHL future. Especially Fournier and Nestrasil. These guys are 21yo and playing mostly in the East Coast league. How many 21yo players in the E go on to the NHL? Parkes maybe has a chance, but even 4th-liners in the NHL have to put up more than 8 points in an AHL season. These guys have all pretty much flamed out, imo. Guys like Bodin (and McKee and De Haas) can still make a jump. Odds are they won't and that they'll flame out as well, but there's still a chance for them.
IMO, the fact that the Wings signed these guys speaks to a certain level of confidence they have, even if they were sent to the ECHL.

And ECHL isn't exactly a death sentence.
Quote:
The ECHL had a record 81 players on NHL opening-day rosters, surpassing the 79 from a year ago and marking the ninth year in a row that there have been over 50 former ECHL players on opening-day rosters. The ECHL has affiliations with 26 of the 30 NHL teams, marking the 15th consecutive season that the league has had affiliations with at least 20 teams in the NHL.

There have been 490 players who have played in the NHL after playing in the ECHL including 23 in 2010-11. The ECHL has had 298 players reach the NHL since 2002-03 when it changed its focus to become the primary developmental league for the NHL and the AHL.
If either Nestrasil or Fournier are still ECHLers after this year, i'll give up on them...

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 09:48 PM
jaster
glendeningforcaptain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
IMO, the fact that the Wings signed these guys speaks to a certain level of confidence they have, even if they were sent to the ECHL.
That's true, but they were signed a year ago. They went through a whole season without making that jump. And the Wings always have a bunch of guys under contract who never see the NHL.

Quote:
And ECHL isn't exactly a death sentence.
It's not, but when you're playing there in your year-21 season, it's pretty close.

There's still a chance for these guys, I agree. But the chance is tiny, and there is more time and opportunity for the younger guys to make a significant jump.

jaster is offline   Reply With Quote