HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"Burke will not go into season with current line-up"

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-24-2012, 11:09 PM
  #401
TeamBester
Debunked
 
TeamBester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kingston, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,913
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingstonian84 View Post
I just think we need to re-tool the top 6! The Lupul/Bozak/Kessel line is solid, although I'd love to see an actual 1st line centre anchoring that line. The Kulemin/Grabo/Mac line needs to go, they had one year where they ALL had dream years but just no, not again. Kulemin is better suited on the 3rd line as a shut down centre, I have no problems with Grabo as the 2nd line centre he's a beaut, Mac is just no... he can go anyday now! I'd love to see a guy like Frattin or Kadri get a lengthy look on the 2nd line though.
When was the last time Kulemin played centre?

TeamBester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 11:13 PM
  #402
Kingstonian84*
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,069
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBester View Post
When was the last time Kulemin played centre?
Sorry I meant to say winger not centre, my bad lol.

Kingstonian84* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 11:21 PM
  #403
charliolemieux
rsTmf
 
charliolemieux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazeeEddie View Post
I'm Just telling it as I hear it. I makes no guarantees, no claims, no promises. For all I know, Pitt absolutely adores the guy.

I however would not give up Kulie, Gunnar plus for him. Again, my opinion.

As for C, not a lot of names coming up. Burke wants size and grit to play with Kessel and Lupes.
I don't really want him either, and Kuli and Gunner are not going anywhere unless something very interesting is coming back.

I should have mentioned the lack of C. I see it. Our best shot was Staal, and even then he would be a bottom half #1C for sure.

Is there any one else with a 1 or 1B C sitting on the 3rd line or playing wing right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingstonian84 View Post
I just think we need to re-tool the top 6! The Lupul/Bozak/Kessel line is solid, although I'd love to see an actual 1st line centre anchoring that line. The Kulemin/Grabo/Mac line needs to go, they had one year where they ALL had dream years but just no, not again. Kulemin is better suited on the 3rd line as a shut down centre, I have no problems with Grabo as the 2nd line centre he's a beaut, Mac is just no... he can go anyday now! I'd love to see a guy like Frattin or Kadri get a lengthy look on the 2nd line though.
Bozak is exactly like Morrisson between Naslund and Bertuzzi. Burke has seen this exact picture before.

HE has a team that needs a #1c and an elite goalie.



Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazedRink View Post
I just hope we get one more young big top six winger ready to breakout.
Sweet.

I'm hoping for RNH, sure he's a center, but that's just my birthday wish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazeeEddie View Post
Anybody 'untouchable' come to mind?
Good question?
See above. lol

Seriously, maybe Richards and Penner for Grabo and Kuli, or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazeeEddie View Post
If JVR can find his game on that line, that is a serious tip 6
Not sold on JVR, but as a former #2 pick I'll definitly give him a shot.

charliolemieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 11:22 PM
  #404
TeamBester
Debunked
 
TeamBester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kingston, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,913
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingstonian84 View Post
Sorry I meant to say winger not centre, my bad lol.
I'm just razzing you, you been a kingstonian for a while now?

TeamBester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 11:26 PM
  #405
Kingstonian84*
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,069
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBester View Post
I'm just razzing you, you been a kingstonian for a while now?
Yup! I've been here for over a year now, it's a great city.

Kingstonian84* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 11:44 PM
  #406
charliolemieux
rsTmf
 
charliolemieux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingstonian84 View Post
Yup! I've been here for over a year now, it's a great city.
Well now you're an instant Don Cherry fave. a "Good ole Kingston Boy"

charliolemieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 11:49 PM
  #407
Kingstonian84*
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,069
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliolemieux View Post
Well now you're an instant Don Cherry fave. a "Good ole Kingston Boy"
LOL to be fair though Cherry doesn't live in Kingston. He has a cottage on Wolfe Island, which is NOT part of Kingston, its considered "Frontenac Township" which consists of Wolfe Island/Howe Island/Simcoe Island.

Speaking of hockey players, my Brother-in-law ran into Mike Smith once at the LCBO in Harrowsmith this summer and he met Jay Mcclement's father too.

Kingstonian84* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 06:36 AM
  #408
The Apologist
Kessel Supporter
 
The Apologist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Soviet Kanukistan
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,738
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliolemieux View Post
I don't really want him either, and Kuli and Gunner are not going anywhere unless something very interesting is coming back.

I should have mentioned the lack of C. I see it. Our best shot was Staal, and even then he would be a bottom half #1C for sure.

Is there any one else with a 1 or 1B C sitting on the 3rd line or playing wing right now?



Bozak is exactly like Morrisson between Naslund and Bertuzzi. Burke has seen this exact picture before.

HE has a team that needs a #1c and an elite goalie.




Sweet.

I'm hoping for RNH, sure he's a center, but that's just my birthday wish.


Good question?
See above. lol

Seriously, maybe Richards and Penner for Grabo and Kuli, or something.


Not sold on JVR, but as a former #2 pick I'll definitly give him a shot.
What about David Legwand? Not sure how we'd get him out of Nashville, but he's a better version of what Bozak is right now.

The Apologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 07:18 AM
  #409
ALine
Registered User
 
ALine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazeeEddie View Post
What about David Legwand? Not sure how we'd get him out of Nashville, but he's a better version of what Bozak is right now.
If I could have any forward on Nashville, I'd love to get a hold of Mike Fisher. Loved him in his Ottawa days. But that's a pipe dream, with the wife and all.

ALine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 02:54 PM
  #410
TeamBester
Debunked
 
TeamBester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kingston, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,913
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingstonian84 View Post
LOL to be fair though Cherry doesn't live in Kingston. He has a cottage on Wolfe Island, which is NOT part of Kingston, its considered "Frontenac Township" which consists of Wolfe Island/Howe Island/Simcoe Island.

Speaking of hockey players, my Brother-in-law ran into Mike Smith once at the LCBO in Harrowsmith this summer and he met Jay Mcclement's father too.
Ran into Muller at at the Kingston trap and skee t club.

Know Cherry's best friend Mel Price, if you ever run into Cherry, tell him Mel says hi, that should get his attention.

Cherry worked under my Grandfather at the PUC, before he was famous.

Gilmour's sister Kelly, lived 3 doors down from me, I was very sad the day he signed my dads Habs hat for him.

Oh, and my best friend was made to pay Jay M's tab out of his tips during his wedding at the fort, because he refused to pay for the premium shots that he ordered himself, because they weren't on the menu. Nice guy, eh.

TeamBester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 05:50 PM
  #411
rdawg1234
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,241
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliolemieux View Post
I don't really want him either, and Kuli and Gunner are not going anywhere unless something very interesting is coming back.

I should have mentioned the lack of C. I see it. Our best shot was Staal, and even then he would be a bottom half #1C for sure.

Is there any one else with a 1 or 1B C sitting on the 3rd line or playing wing right now?
Colorado has a couple.

Ryan O Reilly, Statsny and Duchene are all top 6 centres, Statsny and Duchene being capable of #1 C. However they have no problem keeping those three for a while longer, but it could become a pitty situation soon.

Anaheim with Getzlaf, we'll see if he wants to leave.(and corey perry as well.)

other than that, no, we'd have to overpay, Which I'm not against, but if we do so, let's build up another group of prospects through the draft, then trade then next summer. I dont mind giving up pieces, but I dont want to create holes.

rdawg1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 08:48 PM
  #412
charliolemieux
rsTmf
 
charliolemieux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdawg1234 View Post
Colorado has a couple.

Ryan O Reilly, Statsny and Duchene are all top 6 centres, Statsny and Duchene being capable of #1 C. However they have no problem keeping those three for a while longer, but it could become a pitty situation soon.

Anaheim with Getzlaf, we'll see if he wants to leave.(and corey perry as well.)

other than that, no, we'd have to overpay, Which I'm not against, but if we do so, let's build up another group of prospects through the draft, then trade then next summer. I dont mind giving up pieces, but I dont want to create holes.
1st choice would be Duchene but the price is bound to be very high.

Stastny if the price is right would be a decent fill-in for a few years.

charliolemieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 09:00 PM
  #413
MapleLeafsFan4Ever
Go Leafs Go
 
MapleLeafsFan4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,575
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliolemieux View Post
1st choice would be Duchene but the price is bound to be very high.
Maybe Colorado might give him up for less then you think. Unlike the other high profiled RFA's who got 5 year or more contracts, Duchene only got 2 years and makes you wonder why?

MapleLeafsFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 10:36 PM
  #414
charliolemieux
rsTmf
 
charliolemieux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FAN 4 EVER View Post
Maybe Colorado might give him up for less then you think. Unlike the other high profiled RFA's who got 5 year or more contracts, Duchene only got 2 years and makes you wonder why?
Interesting. I totally missed that. Could be that with COL counting pennies keeping him RFA for one more contract is purely business.

However...

Who goes the other way?

I would think Kadri/1st would have be just the start.

Gardiner straight up?

Interesting idea.

charliolemieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 10:41 PM
  #415
TeamBester
Debunked
 
TeamBester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kingston, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,913
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliolemieux View Post
Interesting. I totally missed that. Could be that with COL counting pennies keeping him RFA for one more contract is purely business.

However...

Who goes the other way?

I would think Kadri/1st would have be just the start.

Gardiner straight up?

Interesting idea.
Or that he sucked ass, and they want him to prove himself a little more before they give him the contract he wants.

TeamBester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 08:48 AM
  #416
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 58,652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FAN 4 EVER View Post
Maybe Colorado might give him up for less then you think. Unlike the other high profiled RFA's who got 5 year or more contracts, Duchene only got 2 years and makes you wonder why?
Depending on the new CBA, he won't be UFA at the end of his current 2 year deal, but he could have been at the end of a 5 year deal.

And it is quite possible his agent didn't want to long term off a down season.

__________________
http://kuklaskorner.com/index.php/ps...e_corsi_issues

Desjardins estimates that about 40% of the game is captured by Corsi analysis.
ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.