HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Penguins Prospects Thread

Closed Thread

Old
09-25-2012, 04:13 PM
Everlong
-

vCash: 500
Hey I've got a Despres in a keeper league. What are the chances he breaks into the NHL this year? (assuming there's a season ofcourse)

Appreciate any help/insight. Cheers.

Old
09-25-2012, 04:16 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
Hey I've got a Despres in a keeper league. What are the chances he breaks into the NHL this year? (assuming there's a season ofcourse)

Appreciate any help/insight. Cheers.
I'd say pretty good. I expect him in the starting 6 to start the season. If he's not its likely due to his waiver status because I believe he is one of our best 6 defensemen at this point.

Old
09-25-2012, 04:24 PM
Everlong
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
I'd say pretty good. I expect him in the starting 6 to start the season. If he's not its likely due to his waiver status because I believe he is one of our best 6 defensemen at this point.
Thanks!

I can only go by what I've read on websites like HF/EP/SB etc, but how was his play in the short time he was with the Pens last year?

Old
09-25-2012, 04:27 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
Thanks!

I can only go by what I've read on websites like HF/EP/SB etc, but how was his play in the short time he was with the Pens last year?
for the most part good though he had occasional rookie mistakes and he was playing very sheltered minutes.

Old
09-26-2012, 09:14 AM
Hans Rutherford
Oh no... my brains

Tangradi is going to play for WBS.

Quote:
Tangradi is eligible to sign an AHL deal while his NHL contract is, in effect, suspended, because he was on Wilkes-Barre's clear-day list and its roster at the end of last season.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...#ixzz27aLMwMKY

Old
09-26-2012, 09:19 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGuins8711 View Post
Tangradi is going to play for WBS.
let the big dog eat

Old
09-26-2012, 09:40 AM
Hans Rutherford
Oh no... my brains

As much as this lockout sucks. WBS should be fun to watch, lots of good young talent that'll be down there developing. Hopefully some of them catch their stride down there quickly. They might not be able to compete as well with some of the talent other teams have been sending down, but the more competition the better.

Old
09-26-2012, 09:58 AM
wej20

could see one or more of the forward prospects in the ECHL, probably at least one of the dmen to.

Old
09-26-2012, 10:12 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
could see one or more of the forward prospects in the ECHL, probably at least one of the dmen to.
ya this is the issue with everyone getting sent down.

Old
09-26-2012, 10:21 AM
wej20

Quote:
ya this is the issue with everyone getting sent down.
even Morrow is going to struggle for ES minutes in WBS and he's one of the better D prospects around at the moment. I imagine Strait - Bort then Despres - Reese are going to be the top 2 pairings.

Old
09-26-2012, 10:22 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
even Morrow is going to struggle for ES minutes in WBS and he's one of the better D prospects around at the moment. I imagine Strait - Bort then Despres - Reese are going to be the top 2 pairings.
which really sucks. screw you lockout.

Old
09-26-2012, 10:30 AM
wej20

Is Tangradi the only forward who is going to sign an AHL deal? all the other forwards were already sent down?

Old
09-26-2012, 10:34 AM
mpp9

Quote:
He better at least get some minutes on the top PP unit.

Old
09-26-2012, 10:50 AM
Solution

Quote:
I would imagine that Dumoulin-Morrow-Sneep-Grant-Mormina will be fighting to get the remaining playing time. This has Samuelsson and McNeil in Wheeling. None of The goalies have signed yet with WBS so that means Killeen is the pencil in starter for now. As far as the forwards go, I would imagine that Payerl and Sill might be the guys starting in Wheeling.

Old
09-26-2012, 11:12 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

I really hope Dumoulin gets a spot in WBS.

Old
09-26-2012, 11:20 AM
JTG

I don't think Dumoulin will have a problem.

Morrow, Strait, Bortuzzo, Dumoulin, and Despres should all be locks for that team.

Old
09-26-2012, 11:24 AM
regard

If it were NHL 12(or whatever year) I wouldnt play Reese unless people were injured even though he might be 5 points better than the others. I might not play Bort or Strait either.

However in real life some of Sneep, Grant, and Dumoulin could end up in the ECHL or on the bench alot. That sucks.

Old
09-26-2012, 11:29 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by regard View Post
If it were NHL 12(or whatever year) I wouldnt play Reese unless people were injured even though he might be 5 points better than the others. I might not play Bort or Strait either.

However in real life some of Sneep, Grant, and Dumoulin could end up in the ECHL or on the bench alot. That sucks.
I know the WBS fans will disagree, but I hope the line-up is made with the best interests of the Pittsburgh Penguins as the top priority. That means my preferred defense would be Strait, Bortuzzo, Morrow, Despres, Dumoulin and Reese. Do the Penguins big shots have any say in the matter? And does the lockout change that?

Old
09-26-2012, 12:08 PM
Solution

Quote:
I know the WBS fans will disagree, but I hope the line-up is made with the best interests of the Pittsburgh Penguins as the top priority. That means my preferred defense would be Strait, Bortuzzo, Morrow, Despres, Dumoulin and Reese. Do the Penguins big shots have any say in the matter? And does the lockout change that?
I would imagine that they have a good bit of say. The GM for WBS is Jason Botterrill. Hynes and Nesraddine are the two coaches. Besides the WBS fans want to win so I would imagine that Strait-Bortuzzo, Despres-Dumoulin, Reese-Morrow would be the regular line-up with Mormina being the extra defenseman. Which would mean that Wheeling would have Sneep-Samuellson, Grant-McNeil, Merth-Ross with Hanson as the extra guy. That would be with Wheeling not having any defensemen from Montreal/Hamilton.

Old
09-26-2012, 12:10 PM
Shady Machine

Quote:
Yep that would be mine as well. Honestly though, who is better? Sneep can't be that much better than Dumoulin at this point as he is nearly NHL ready. Morrow may have the toughest time finding ES ice time.

Edit: I forgot about Grant. Who knows then.

Old
09-26-2012, 12:22 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
Yep that would be mine as well. Honestly though, who is better? Sneep can't be that much better than Dumoulin at this point as he is nearly NHL ready. Morrow may have the toughest time finding ES ice time.

Edit: I forgot about Grant. Who knows then.
I would sacrifice Grant to give Dumoulin or Morrow ice time.

Old
09-26-2012, 12:37 PM
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

This is the Penguins we are talking about here. They will give all of the players with no "real" future with the big club the most minutes while the ones with the most potential, but also most green, ride the bench or are thrown in the ECHL.

Old
09-26-2012, 12:39 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
This is the Penguins we are talking about here. They will give all of the players with no "real" future with the big club the most minutes while the ones with the most potential, but also most green, ride the bench or are thrown in the ECHL.

Old
09-26-2012, 12:44 PM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
He better at least get some minutes on the top PP unit.
I imagine he will, I mean Grant is his main competition for that and he's a righty so they could play together, do WBS use forwards on the point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcityassault View Post
Is Veilleux going to be ready for the start of the season? It's going to be difficult for guys like Kuhnhackl and Uher to beat out guys like Thompson and Gibbons who have a full year of pro experience.

Old
09-26-2012, 01:15 PM
Tasty Biscuits
with fancy sauce

I thought I read somewhere KV is going to be rehabbing into November, but I don't remember where, so don't put too much stock into it.

Closed Thread