HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

Be A Pro Thread

Old
09-26-2012, 09:35 AM
Quarter
Exploding Knees

vCash: 500
Started as a 16 year old OFD with Blainville. 9-3-0, leading the Q with 21 points. That league has got to step it up

Quarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 10:31 AM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

They are going to release a title update that fixes all thie crap, right?

BackGroundMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 11:18 AM
mitch27

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNcAlandariel View Post
The usual tips.
Stay in position. Let the shooter make the first move.
Also, if you're good at leading the shooter to pick a spot or are great at anticipation, the right stick that controls goalie anticipation is a wonderful tool. Having actual goalie experience in high school helps also.
One last thing, be sure to challenge the shooter. Don't play on the goal line unless it's absolutely necessary, otherwise you will get lit up.
Do you use the butterfly or just the anticipation and "auto save"?

mitch27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 11:56 AM
heusy_79
! kool uoy edam

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 Problems View Post
Be a pro is so broken it's unbelivable. I do the pre-season with my goalie and get told I'm being sent down, but they start me on the NHL roster anyway? Wtf?
Exact same thing happened to me in my BAP with Ducks prospect John Gibson. I had a terrible pre-season, was told I was being sent back to Kitchener, but then started 4 of the Ducks first 6 regular season games.... FAIL.

heusy_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 12:22 PM
Propane Nightmares
The Resist Stance

Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
Exact same thing happened to me in my BAP with Ducks prospect John Gibson. I had a terrible pre-season, was told I was being sent back to Kitchener, but then started 4 of the Ducks first 6 regular season games.... FAIL.
It's annoying, I don't want to play in the NHL as a 69 overall teenager, I want to go to the AHL first for realism

Propane Nightmares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 12:44 PM
SaNcAlandariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch27 View Post
Do you use the butterfly or just the anticipation and "auto save"?
Which butterfly are you referring to, the trigger butterfly or the "Press down on the stick" butterfly? I tend to use the trigger butterfly when the opponents are in close but I very rarely use the right stick butterfly.

SaNcAlandariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 12:51 PM
mitch27

Quote:
Which butterfly are you referring to, the trigger butterfly or the "Press down on the stick" butterfly? I tend to use the trigger butterfly when the opponents are in close but I very rarely use the right stick butterfly.
I was referring to the trigger. Thanks, this has been helpful. Hopefully I'll get better with practice

mitch27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 12:59 PM
SaNcAlandariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch27 View Post
I was referring to the trigger. Thanks, this has been helpful. Hopefully I'll get better with practice
You're welcome. I've still got a few more "Trade secrets" about goaltending but I think you should be fine. Practice will definitely help though.
I can't wait for kinect goaltending in NHL so I can dive around my living room like a maniac, but if it ever comes it'll probably be a long way off.

Old
09-26-2012, 01:56 PM
Zoombie

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmox View Post
I'm not into how much XP points you lose every season.
I don't like this either. By the time my player gets good, there will only be computer generated rookies playing in the league, all real players will have retired...

I think they should have an option where you start in the CHL 3 years ago, so when you are ready for the draft it is the current draft year and there will still be some recognizable NHLers in the league.

Zoombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 02:40 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
I can't wait for kinect goaltending in NHL so I can dive around my living room like a maniac, but if it ever comes it'll probably be a long way off.
That's what I want. First person Kinect goaltending.

BackGroundMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 04:13 PM
randomcanadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsIslesFan View Post
Anyone else have their team totally dismantled right after being drafted? I got picked by the Stars after playing one year in the minors and that offseason just after being picked they let Benn, Roy, Morrow, Ryder, Lehtonen and Jagr leave via free agency and traded Robidas and Whitney for 2nd round picks.
I got sent down to the minors for one more season but am now in the NHL playing on the first line with Faksa and Eriksson and on the PP with Faksa and Casey Wellman.
I usually don't mind a challenge but my second line has a 58 overall on it and my starting goalie is Jack Campbell who is a 72 overall!
yeah I was drafted by the leafs and after one year only JVR was still there. other tan him the best player was some swedish guy overall 76

randomcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 09:29 PM
Use the Schwartz*
****in' eh

Wow, kinda pissed. Anyone know how I can build up rep to get traded? and how many games it'll take? I got cut by the Devils after being drafted 1st overall, scored 67 goals in the CHL, came back and the only players they have left are Zajac and Kovy. All 70's other then them, the 4th line is 60's. The goalie is some random 81 overall guy.

Use the Schwartz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 05:16 AM
Propane Nightmares
The Resist Stance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Coleman View Post
Wow, kinda pissed. Anyone know how I can build up rep to get traded? and how many games it'll take? I got cut by the Devils after being drafted 1st overall, scored 67 goals in the CHL, came back and the only players they have left are Zajac and Kovy. All 70's other then them, the 4th line is 60's. The goalie is some random 81 overall guy.
This seems to be happening to a lot of people.

Personally I have given up on be a pro, it's too broken. Why put in the request trade option, if the team never actually trades you?

Old
09-28-2012, 08:53 AM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
This seems to be happening to a lot of people.

Personally I have given up on be a pro, it's too broken. Why put in the request trade option, if the team never actually trades you?
What, it doesn't work? Damnit, I wanted to play a few years in Anaheim then take my talents somewhere else

I've got Luca Sbisa, Francois Beauchemin, Emerson Etem (who is our best player at 87) and Justin Abdelkater (I can't help but want to punch him in the face just by looking at him) on the first line with me. Then we got Luca Caputi, Casey Czikas and Bobby Ryan on the second line.

Found out Getzlaf is on Vancouver and Perry is in St. Louis. Funny thing was I played St. Louis and hit Perry so perfectly that he's out for 1-2 weeks

irunthepeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 08:55 AM
Propane Nightmares
The Resist Stance

Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
What, it doesn't work? Damnit, I wanted to play a few years in Anaheim then take my talents somewhere else

I've got Luca Sbisa, Francois Beauchemin, Emerson Etem (who is our best player at 87) and Justin Abdelkater (I can't help but want to punch him in the face just by looking at him) on the first line with me. Then we got Luca Caputi, Casey Czikas and Bobby Ryan on the second line.

Found out Getzlaf is on Vancouver and Perry is in St. Louis. Funny thing was I played St. Louis and hit Perry so perfectly that he's out for 1-2 weeks
It always tell you that you have to "prove yourself" before a team will trade for you.

You could always just sign with someone else when your contract is up

Old
09-28-2012, 11:07 AM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
It always tell you that you have to "prove yourself" before a team will trade for you.

You could always just sign with someone else when your contract is up
True enough! Good idea. Can you sign offer sheets as an RFA or is there such a thing as RFA in BaP?

Old
09-28-2012, 11:36 AM
Propane Nightmares
The Resist Stance

Quote:
True enough! Good idea. Can you sign offer sheets as an RFA or is there such a thing as RFA in BaP?
I think like in previous games at the end of your contract it gives you a list of teams who want you including your current team

Old
09-28-2012, 11:52 AM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
I think like in previous games at the end of your contract it gives you a list of teams who want you including your current team
Oh cool! This is my first non-Slapshot new age hockey game (I have 99/04 on my laptop) so I have no idea how it will happen.

I assume my list of wanting teams will be all 30

Old
09-28-2012, 12:11 PM
Quarter
Exploding Knees

Let's all laugh at Acadie-Bathurst.

Quarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 12:24 PM
Propane Nightmares
The Resist Stance

Quote:
Oh cool! This is my first non-Slapshot new age hockey game (I have 99/04 on my laptop) so I have no idea how it will happen.

I assume my list of wanting teams will be all 30
If it's the same as previous NHL games there's usually only 4 or 5, and it's completely random.

Old
09-28-2012, 12:34 PM
SaNcAlandariel

I honestly wish that when you retire, you could transfer your rosters in Be-A-Pro to Be-A-GM and continue from when you retired. It would be interesting (at least to me).

Old
09-28-2012, 12:48 PM
Raithe

This is so broken.... 3 goals 7 points in preseason gm tells me I'm guaranteed to start the season bam next game I'm sent down to q.. No siming tried it 3 times happened every time..never had less than 5 points in 3 games

Raithe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 07:08 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raithe View Post
This is so broken.... 3 goals 7 points in preseason gm tells me I'm guaranteed to start the season bam next game I'm sent down to q.. No siming tried it 3 times happened every time..never had less than 5 points in 3 games
I was told the same thing... and I'm still in the NHL. Not sure why you got sent down.

Old
09-28-2012, 07:39 PM
Sheehan555

Decided to start a Be a pro. I did a custom one, where I created a player, placed him on a CHL team and then started a "Be a CHLer" mode. Made him a little better, and I just find it more entertaining. Anyway, Played about 20 CHL games, then got bored and simmed. Got drafted in the 4th round by Detroit, and was psyched I'd get to play with Datsyuk, Zetterberg, etc. Then I get this message. Hopefully the regular season team is better because the preseason consists of a first line with Steve Ott, Cody Emmerton, and Drew Miller. My goalie is also a 59.

Datsyuk was traded for Anthony Duclair and a pick.. is this a joke?

Sheehan555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 08:16 PM
SaNcAlandariel

Starting a Be-A-Pro as a goalie and doing the entry draft mode because I don't feel like playing by CHL rules.
Edit: With the Sherbrooke Phoenix, because they have awesome jerseys.
Edit 2: Drafted 5th overall by the Columbus Blue Jackets. I made the team after the preseason. Hopefully the team will have a decent year.

Last edited by SaNcAlandariel: 09-28-2012 at 09:59 PM.