HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Borderlands 2 - Coming September 2012 !

Old
09-24-2012, 03:35 PM
Leafs at Knight
Fire Burn the Ice

vCash: 500
This game is unreal ! Love the feeling of getting super pumped for a game, and it not letting me down ( happens like never ). I'm finally starting to get some good loot, and get money. Like someone else posted loot everything you see.

Leafs at Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 06:59 PM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Moxxi's Bad Touch and Moxxi's Good Touch are so awesome.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 07:48 PM
whiplash

**** Marry Kill:

Moxxi
Lillith
Maya

whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 10:35 AM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

I'm reaching the point where I'm earning money, but any profit from the start of that gaming session is promptly wiped out in 2-3 deaths due to my own stupidity.

Not that it matters, since I'd waste it all on slots anyway. Stupid addictive slots.

Blueline Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 11:31 AM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

vCash: 50
I need some serious help here.. i just cannot beat W4R-D3N he is way to damn hard, i've been trying for 1h 30M straight and wasted over $2000 on respawns..... Can someone please add GT - HeadShotzPro and come and help me , this is so hard... im almost at the breaking point of just giving up on this game

edit : lol, someone just helped me from here , and dominated him in like 40 seconds haha wow... i must have been using wrong guns or something! thanks for whoever helped me!

Last edited by 99GoHabsGo99: 09-26-2012 at 11:55 AM.
99GoHabsGo99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 11:57 AM
WickedWrister

No problem

Guns that do corrosive damage are really effective against armored enemies like those loaders. There was a cache of weapons behind the boss I think.

WickedWrister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 12:06 PM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

Nice! just played slots and got all 3 of the guy who sells guns and got a Bad Touch Ravager this thing is amazing

been using it for about 3 hours now, and it absolutely kills everything in one hit!! this is amazing haha

Last edited by 99GoHabsGo99: 09-26-2012 at 01:51 PM.
99GoHabsGo99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 01:56 PM
parabola
Global Moderator
novus ordo seclorum

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedWrister View Post
No problem

Guns that do corrosive damage are really effective against armored enemies like those loaders. There was a cache of weapons behind the boss I think.
Corrosive damage good against armor, fire good against flesh... Makes sense.

09-27-2012, 12:23 PM
Gooch

http://slickdeals.net/f/5242240-Bord...com-Game-Keys?

25 dollars for digital download of Borderlands 2, activates on Steam.

Seems legit, I ordered it. Theres also a coupon code that knocks it down to 23.75. Not sure how much longer it's going to last but it'll probably take a while for this game to drop down to that price from other sites.

Gooch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 12:26 PM
Gooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by parabola View Post
Corrosive damage good against armor, fire good against flesh... Makes sense.
havent played the 2nd one yet but some other tidbits:

electric damage is effective against enemies with electric shields (basically helps short them out)

Explosive shots effective against unarmored.

In the past though fire or corrosive was always my favorite type of round.

Old
09-27-2012, 01:48 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Thinking about picking this up, wondering if it will be much fun single player or not. Don't have any friends to play with .

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 01:54 PM
Kbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Nashty View Post
Thinking about picking this up, wondering if it will be much fun single player or not. Don't have any friends to play with .
I do think single player is more fun in Borderlands 2 than it was in the first one. However, this game is at its best when you're playing with other people and it's really not that hard to find people to play the game with because people are always looking for co-op partners (on the 360 at least) it seems.

Kbs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 02:42 PM
Dylonus

So, who has seen all the Easter Eggs in this game?

So far there are

- Claptrap in Bikini Shots ()
- Dark Souls Easter Egg
- Saints Row : The Third Easter Egg

Dylonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 05:35 PM
Leafs at Knight
Fire Burn the Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylonus View Post
So, who has seen all the Easter Eggs in this game?

So far there are

- Claptrap in Bikini Shots ()
- Dark Souls Easter Egg
- Saints Row : The Third Easter Egg

There are many more . There's a minecraft one , I just got a helm that is called 'Metal (Something)' looked online and its from Metal Gear solid. Also there is a challenge called "Say What Again" my friends said its from Pulp Fiction that line. Also there is a challenge called Game of Thorns. Those are a few that I have found so far.

Also the batman one too.

Last edited by Leafs at Knight: 09-27-2012 at 06:03 PM.
Leafs at Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 06:49 PM
Smoke
Time is the flaw

vCash: 977
I can't wait to get to Terramorphous.

Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 08:07 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Anyone want to play with me? PC version.

Old
09-29-2012, 07:15 AM
seemsayin

I have no idea what i'm doing

seemsayin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 08:01 AM
whiplash

Damn my schedule. I wish there were two more days a week and I could dedicate them both to Borderlands 2

whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 12:12 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

I need some better guns these e-tech guns are sweet but the pistol I have takes 4 ammo per shot. I used an assualt rifle through a good portion of the game and now I can't seem to find one equivalent to my other guns. Regardless I'm having a blast but I need to get to "The Kinderling" and can't seem to find how to get up to the next level of the map.

Old
09-30-2012, 07:13 PM
Gooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Nashty View Post
I need some better guns these e-tech guns are sweet but the pistol I have takes 4 ammo per shot. I used an assualt rifle through a good portion of the game and now I can't seem to find one equivalent to my other guns. Regardless I'm having a blast but I need to get to "The Kinderling" and can't seem to find how to get up to the next level of the map.
That drove me nuts till I googled it and someone had a video. Basically you go the same exact way you went for the first quest you did in that area. I don't know how to do spoiler tags so I am being really vague. You know, the one where you were searching for the fire god. The kindling is basically going on in an area you've already been to.

As for playing multiplayer. I tried once on PC. I didnt have a mic hooked in and I don't think the person I was playing with either. I had horrendously bad latency which made it frustrating to try to shoot anything and the guy I was playing with just basically looted everything. I havent tried it since as the latency and ninja looting kept me away. I would be open to playing with someone who wants to work as a team and share weapons. Right now I got a lvl 16 zero and a lvl 7 lilith that I stopped playing once I realize they basically changed it big time from what they were in Borderlands 1.

Old
09-30-2012, 11:41 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
That drove me nuts till I googled it and someone had a video. Basically you go the same exact way you went for the first quest you did in that area. I don't know how to do spoiler tags so I am being really vague. You know, the one where you were searching for the fire god. The kindling is basically going on in an area you've already been to.

As for playing multiplayer. I tried once on PC. I didnt have a mic hooked in and I don't think the person I was playing with either. I had horrendously bad latency which made it frustrating to try to shoot anything and the guy I was playing with just basically looted everything. I havent tried it since as the latency and ninja looting kept me away. I would be open to playing with someone who wants to work as a team and share weapons. Right now I got a lvl 16 zero and a lvl 7 lilith that I stopped playing once I realize they basically changed it big time from what they were in Borderlands 1.
Yeah I found it finally, was really annoying for a bit but once I got there I had to face palm. Same thing happened to me in multiplayer except my latency was fine. No communication and ninja loot, made it pretty lame IMO. I've got a level 15 commando and I'd be down for trying to get some co-op going. I've got a mic and good connection so maybe latency won't be an issue. PM me if interested, that goes for anyone really.

Old
10-02-2012, 08:57 AM
Gooch

After playing this game for quite a while heres some thoughts.

1. The story is a lot better than borderlands 1. The game itself is a lot deeper as well, theres just more to do and I feel like I am not even close to finishing the first playthrough.

2. Leveling is sloooooooowwwwwwwww. I have been playing this for what seems like a long time and I havent even gotten to level 20 yet. I feel with this same time in Borderlands 1 I wouldve been in the 40's or so.

3. Weapon upgrades. They're just few and far between, especially early on. All you get access to is pistols in the beginning and when I was playing as Zero it seemed forever till I got my damn sniper rifle. The other frustrating thing is that the vending machines don't ever seem to have great weapons in them like I remember BL1 having. Theres also fewer weapon chests. When you add this to the slower leveling system it can become very difficult to significantly increase your damage output if you're having trouble with a certain section.

4. Humor. Some of the characters are pretty funny but others try to hard. It seems like a lot of the humor is forced and over the top. I don't expect a game to be written by good comedians but I wish they'd have toned it back sometimes as some characters are downright annoying when they're trying to be funny.

Conclusion:

I am slowly prodding away through the first playthrough but unlike BL1 I seem to almost be forcing my way through. The leveling takes so long and you keep the same weapons for what seems like so long that clearing areas starts to get really tedious. I have only done the multiplayer once. I should utilize that more but the fears of ninja looting and someone rushing through quests and not being able to fully experience the story has held me back. Another thing that irked me was that there are already 4 DLC's expected to be released with the first coming Oct 16th. They are planning on charging 10 dollars for another playable class and also pushing some 30 dollar season pass thing that does NOT include that additional playable class. This is just a disturbing trend in videogames recently where it leads me to believe things were purposely withheld from the game in order for them to be sold as DLC shortly after. I get theres an argument that it creates incentive for new content to be developed for a game but I get mighty suspicious when theres DLC ready to go a month after the game is released and is announced basically when the game is released itself. It means to me that during the development of the game they purposely kept it out of the game with the intention on selling it on the side. People will still buy it and support it so we'll see it time and time again.

Old
10-02-2012, 11:48 AM
Towers
Is it on Origin?

Send a message via MSN to Towers
The framerate definitely feels smoother in BL2 versus BL1 for me on PC.

Same rig and all that. Newer drivers but I don't see how that matters.

Just feels better optimized.

And thanks for that rusky key link Gooch!

Towers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 12:35 PM
parabola
Global Moderator
novus ordo seclorum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
Another thing that irked me was that there are already 4 DLC's expected to be released with the first coming Oct 16th. They are planning on charging 10 dollars for another playable class and also pushing some 30 dollar season pass thing that does NOT include that additional playable class. This is just a disturbing trend in videogames recently where it leads me to believe things were purposely withheld from the game in order for them to be sold as DLC shortly after. I get theres an argument that it creates incentive for new content to be developed for a game but I get mighty suspicious when theres DLC ready to go a month after the game is released and is announced basically when the game is released itself. It means to me that during the development of the game they purposely kept it out of the game with the intention on selling it on the side. People will still buy it and support it so we'll see it time and time again.
Borderlands had a ton of DLC too. But it was all pretty awesome with the exception of one of them. AFAIK they didn't start working on the Mechromancer until the game went gold. And they didn't just announce it, it was announced at PAX last year that they would work on it after the game went gold and release it as DLC after, and that they would try to make it free. It ended up being free if you pre-ordered the game, and they announced that before the game launched so if you were going to buy the game and didn't pre-order you only have yourself to blame.

I will always support Gearbox because they're a company that really does a lot for their fanbase, and they make awesome games.

parabola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 01:50 PM
Gooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by parabola View Post
Borderlands had a ton of DLC too. But it was all pretty awesome with the exception of one of them. AFAIK they didn't start working on the Mechromancer until the game went gold. And they didn't just announce it, it was announced at PAX last year that they would work on it after the game went gold and release it as DLC after, and that they would try to make it free. It ended up being free if you pre-ordered the game, and they announced that before the game launched so if you were going to buy the game and didn't pre-order you only have yourself to blame.

I will always support Gearbox because they're a company that really does a lot for their fanbase, and they make awesome games.
Usually preorder bonuses consist of some sort of skin or some weapons that are different looking, nothing really game changing. Giving them an additional class and charging 10.00 to others is a little ridiculous. If their intent was to have it in the game then it should be a free download or at the very least what about the people who bought the stupid season pass or whatever it is called. They should be able to get that since they basically paid in advance for all additional downloadable content.

Gearbox just might be one of those companies that do a lot for their customers... in the past. Sometimes success brings cockiness and companies forget where they came from (blizzard). I am not accusing them of being that way yet but I have been burned too many times by trusting game companies due to their past tendencies.