HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Need help with choosing a starter

Old
09-16-2012, 07:34 PM
mav0813

vCash: 500
Need help with choosing a starter

16 team keeper league (keep 13)

Nabby, Bob, Mason, or Harding

I'm rolling with Niemi and Markstrom so I'm in a dire need for a 2nd starter. Doesn't have to be keeper relevant since I'll probably keep Niemi and Markstrom again.

mav0813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 08:48 PM
patches67

I like Bob here! Harding and Mason should definitely be #2's and Nanny is shaky! Bobrovsky looks like the real deal, and I'd take him... Even in Columbus!

patches67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 10:29 PM
PierreMcGuire*
How dissapointing

It's a crap shoot. I like Nabokov the most as I feel he's still a good goalie, and will likely get the most starts, unless DiPietro somehow manages to stay healthy, or if Poulin does a fantastic job, and if he does and is an option I'd keep my eye on him.

Bobrovsky would probably be second, but I feel he and Mason will split the role, and either or could get the more games than the other depending on how they play.

Harding may be the best, but is stuck behind Backstrom, so I'd be least likely to take him, but if Backstrom is ever injured, and Harding is available be quick to pounce on him.

PierreMcGuire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 07:26 PM
Bergeron47

I would eliminate Harding & Mason from the discussion completely.

I'd go Nabby as he will have the most opportunities next season (I assume DiPietro is still injured), and is the only of the 4 that has shown he can consistently produce.

Bergeron47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 12:11 AM
mav0813

Trying to get a better starter...

I ended up drafting Nabby, but I wish to move him along with one of my players for Rinne.

I offered Parise/Nabby for Rinne.

Got countered with something like Zajac/Parise/Nabby for Rinne -- too much? fair? try to get him to add in something small? Goalies are prized in our league. If this happens, I will most likely end up dealing Markstrom to help fill in any voids in my lineup.

Would it be more appropriate to deal Parise/Nabby for someone like Rask or Howard?

My current setup (still have 4 slots open for FA pickups):

16 teams (13 keepers - up 2 goalies max); Hits/Blocks

C - Kesler, Schenn, Zajac
LW - Ovie, Parise, Couture, Malone
RW - Malkin, Giroux, Brouwer
D - Keith, Green, Ehrhoff, Kulikov, Garrison
G - Niemi, Nabby, Markstrom

mav0813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 01:24 AM
PierreMcGuire*
How dissapointing

You got a stacked team. Ovechkin, Malkin, and Giroux on one team is insane.

I would try to change Zajac with one of Malone or Brouwer, or maybe one of your D, but if it all fails I would reluctantly accept the trade, as it bolsters your only weakness into another strength.

Getting one of Rask or Howard wouldn't be bad either. In fact getting Rask might even be the best move as his value should continue to grow, and should be a stud keeper goalie.

PierreMcGuire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 03:12 PM
Halifax Hellfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23 17 23 View Post
It's a crap shoot. I like Nabokov the most as I feel he's still a good goalie, and will likely get the most starts, unless DiPietro somehow manages to stay healthy, or if Poulin does a fantastic job, and if he does and is an option I'd keep my eye on him.

Bobrovsky would probably be second, but I feel he and Mason will split the role, and either or could get the more games than the other depending on how they play.

Harding may be the best, but is stuck behind Backstrom, so I'd be least likely to take him, but if Backstrom is ever injured, and Harding is available be quick to pounce on him.
Agreed

Halifax Hellfish is offline   Reply With Quote