HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Patrick Marleau

Old
09-25-2012, 01:34 PM
SupermanPahlsson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark View Post
From Winnipeg? Only Kane makes sense for us as we need top 6 forwards especially on wing. Pretty sure you guys won't do it though.

Marleau has been playing wing because of Pavelski and Couture. In fact Pavelski himself has had to move to wing with Thornton and Marleau because of Couture. We really have no scoring wingers left for Jumbo, so Marleau has had to do it. We are pretty desperate for an elite goal-scoring winger.
Only Kane makes sense? That seems like an absolute non-starter. That's like asking for Logan.

Considering how poorly the Sharks farm system ranks, wouldn't the asking price be a mix of mid- to high-end prospects? Maybe someone on the blue-line?

SupermanPahlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 02:25 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 2403
I'm being serious when I say this, I doubt the Flames would offer Glencross for Marleau straight up. Marleau is a more high end player obviously, but Glencross' contract is worth gold to a team like the Flames. Also, as mentioned, he would not waive.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 02:48 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Marleau to a team like Winnipeg would be ideal, as they need a veteran with a consistant scoring presence. What would it take from Winnipeg to land Marleau?

*Also, i'm assuming Marleau playing LW now because of the emergence of Couture & Pavelski, or is he just not cutting it anymore as a Center? I would think teams looking for a top-6 center would be interested in Marleau if indeed he were made available.
Marleau played center for two of the Sharks five games this past postseason. He looked a lot better at center and he says he likes it better at center, and the coaches like him better at center. It's just that he's a better winger than Pavelski/Couture and he's important to JT, so he gets put on the LW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanPahlsson View Post
Only Kane makes sense? That seems like an absolute non-starter. That's like asking for Logan.

Considering how poorly the Sharks farm system ranks, wouldn't the asking price be a mix of mid- to high-end prospects? Maybe someone on the blue-line?
I'd consider something around Burmistrov+ a little. We have no needs on the blueline. Scheifele would be interesting, but apparently a non-starter for Winnipeg. Basically if we trade Marleau, it would be to get a young top-6 forward with potential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
I'm being serious when I say this, I doubt the Flames would offer Glencross for Marleau straight up. Marleau is a more high end player obviously, but Glencross' contract is worth gold to a team like the Flames. Also, as mentioned, he would not waive.
Glencross shot at 23.6% last season. I'd go so far as to say that he could shoot at 10% worse next season. His value is not at what he scored last season. Sharks would laugh.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 04:48 PM
BigDmitriy

Send a message via AIM to BigDmitriy Send a message via MSN to BigDmitriy Send a message via Yahoo to BigDmitriy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanPahlsson View Post

Agreed....no way I'd do Kane for Marleau if I was WPG either.

I'd do Burmistrov + a mid-prospect. Thoughts?

BigDmitriy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 04:50 PM
Mafoofoo
Jawesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
Yeah ok keep telling yourself that. The Flames would jump for joy if Marleau was offered straight up for Glencross.

Mafoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 05:00 PM
start winnin
NO MORE TANK BOYS

Patrick Marleau is one of the most underrated forwards in the game.

start winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 05:15 PM
WTFetus
Marlov

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Basically if we trade Marleau, it would be to get a young top-6 forward with potential.
Which doesn't really make sense for the other team. I might be blanking right now, but most teams that have said young forward aren't in a win-now mode and Marleau doesn't exactly put them over the top and make them SC contenders. They'd probably be better off keeping their young top-6 for a long time rather than having Marleau for a few years. Most teams that do need Marleau and would become SC contenders with him don't have the young-skilled pieces that the Sharks would want (aside from like Philly).
Makes trading Marleau really hard. If the Sharks want to trade Marleau and still remain in the PO-hunt, they'll have to settle for a more seasoned vet like Vanek rather than a young top-6 with potential. If the Sharks want to trade Marleau and rebuild, I think they'll have to settle for a considerable amount less than what we're hoping for.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 05:35 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDmitriy View Post
Agreed....no way I'd do Kane for Marleau if I was WPG either.

I'd do Burmistrov + a mid-prospect. Thoughts?
I pretty sure Winnipeg wouldn't do this trade based on age alone. Burmi fits in nicely with our young core. Marleau is a veteran presence and proven, but he'll be closer to the down swing of his career by the time Winnipeg is a contender. If Winnipeg was closer to competing for the cup, then I think it's something they'd consider.

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 06:07 PM
DJN21

Buffalo and SJ are terrible trade partners because BUffalo can most afford to dump off Defense prospects and picks which is exactly what SJ doesnt need...

Some combo of Vanek/Leopold/Leino would absolutely need to sj to accomodate either Thornton or Marleau let alone both.

Buffalo could easily sell low on Adam and hope SJ bites(no pun intended) but after that I have a very hard time seeing buffalo move any of their 3: Grigs, Girg, or armia for much of anything...I personally would move hodgson before any of those three and thats not to sell hodgson short either.

DJN21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 06:29 PM
pdd

How close is Franzen for Marleau in the eyes of HFBoards?

pdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 06:45 PM
Sloth Slothersons*
They cut my beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
Patrick Marleau is one of the most underrated forwards in the game.
Who isn't these days

Sloth Slothersons* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 07:11 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by eva unit zero View Post
How close is Franzen for Marleau in the eyes of HFBoards?
No from a Sharks POV. Both guys are the same age and sorta considered floaters who can take over games if need be, but Marleau is elite defensively, also a center, much faster, and most importantly, not signed until the end of time.

Old
09-25-2012, 07:13 PM
WTFetus
Marlov

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilFan91 View Post
Who isn't these days
Eberle

Old
09-25-2012, 07:28 PM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Marcus Johansson + Jeff Schultz (cap dump) + Washington 1st

Hivemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 08:08 PM
matt trick

Please stop with the defense acquisitions. Vlasic, Burns, Braun/Demers fill three of the top 4 spots. Albetshauser, Tennysson, Petrecki, Doherty, Irwin are all #4-6 guys. Really just need a #2/3, and could get away with a #4- easy enough if Boyle and Murray are gone. Meanwhile, five years from now we have Couture, Pavelski, Hertl, Nieto, Wingels, Hamilton, and Desjardin as our forward core. If the sharks move one of the big 3, a top 6 forward for the next 5-8 years is coming back.

matt trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 02:27 AM
DavidBL

Other than Bobby Ryan, is there anything Anaheim has that SJ would be interested in? There are quite a few Winger Prospect in the system.

DavidBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 03:38 AM
WTFetus
Marlov

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBL View Post
Other than Bobby Ryan, is there anything Anaheim has that SJ would be interested in? There are quite a few Winger Prospect in the system.
Not really. Since we're taking his NMC out of consideration (a list would lessen his value, and Anaheim would probably be on it), it would take a severe overpayment to trade Marleau to a division rival. It wouldn't be worth it on your end since we'd be asking to empty out your prospect pool (Etem, Palmieri, +).

Old
09-26-2012, 03:51 AM

I would love to see Marleau in Pittsburgh.

Tangradi, Martin and a 3rd
or
Kennedy, Despres

#66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 08:17 AM
BigDmitriy

Send a message via AIM to BigDmitriy Send a message via MSN to BigDmitriy Send a message via Yahoo to BigDmitriy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Marcus Johansson + Jeff Schultz (cap dump) + Washington 1st
Yeah, I would really consider this.

BigDmitriy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 02:45 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBL View Post
Oh yeah. You guys have tons of forward prospects. Etem, Palmieri, Holland, Rakell, Karlsson, Smith-Pelly, etc. I'm sure we could work something out, and Anaheim is probably one of the only places Marleau would waive for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by #66 View Post
I would love to see Marleau in Pittsburgh.

Tangradi, Martin and a 3rd
or
Kennedy, Despres
The problem is that you guys don't have the forward prospects that it would take. Tangradi's looking more and more like a bust or a bottom-6 player, Martin is not what we need. I like Despres quite a bit, but he's not really enough of a positional need to entice me.

Old
09-26-2012, 03:18 PM
digdug41982

TT + mid range prospect + Montador/Oduya (cap)?

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 03:36 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
TT + mid range prospect + Montador/Oduya (cap)?
Depends on the mid-range prospect. TT is someone I'd do a deal around. And then we could flip Murray for a mid-round pick and Montador/Oduya would be the #7D.

Old
09-26-2012, 03:44 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Depends on the mid-range prospect. TT is someone I'd do a deal around. And then we could flip Murray for a mid-round pick and Montador/Oduya would be the #7D.
I figured I'd let you guys tell us who you like instead of just throwing names out.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 03:47 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
I figured I'd let you guys tell us who you like instead of just throwing names out.
Someone like Morin or J. Hayes?

Old
09-26-2012, 05:43 PM
SupermanPahlsson

Quote:
Oh yeah. You guys have tons of forward prospects. Etem, Palmieri, Holland, Rakell, Karlsson, Smith-Pelly, etc. I'm sure we could work something out, and Anaheim is probably one of the only places Marleau would waive for.
Can't, tell, if, sarcasm, or...

SupermanPahlsson is offline   Reply With Quote