HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alex Galchenyuk Thread 3.0 - Unbelievable++ Edition

Closed Thread

Old
09-26-2012, 09:51 AM
Maxpac

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHab View Post
You do realize I never mentioned stats for the first 2 games, in no way is my opinion based on that and believe me i am well versed in stats.Don't get me wrong I want him to succeed but simply believe some people who are shooting out number's like 100+ points are setting themselves up for disappointment. I'm not saying he doesn't have the potential to get 100+ points this season, hopefully he proves me wrong.
oh really? 100 points and 18 year old is unrealistic when he had 85 points as a 16 year old?

Old
09-26-2012, 10:39 AM
DogsFan*
GHG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
oh really? 100 points and 18 year old is unrealistic when he had 85 points as a 16 year old?
When you miss a full season and the team around you is not nearly as good as it was before.... yes, somewhat unrealistic.

Old
09-26-2012, 11:15 AM
KingHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsFan View Post
When you miss a full season and the team around you is not nearly as good as it was before.... yes, somewhat unrealistic.
Thank you

Old
09-26-2012, 11:24 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

A lot of people think he will get traded to a contender, if that's the case he may have a shot. If he doesn't with the World Juniors and all that will take about a month of his season he might not reach it but it won't be because he doesn't have the talent

Old
09-26-2012, 11:32 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
You do realize I never mentioned stats for the first 2 games, in no way is my opinion based on that and believe me i am well versed in stats.Don't get me wrong I want him to succeed but simply believe some people who are shooting out number's like 100+ points are setting themselves up for disappointment. I'm not saying he doesn't have the potential to get 100+ points this season, hopefully he proves me wrong.
Alright, I guess its my ault for assuming your comment had anything to do with the two games, but then the timing of the comment was rather odd.

And we shouldn't focus on how many points he gets, rather a point per game mark because he will miss many games. I believe he had 1.22 in his last full season, he should be around 1.4-1.5 this year.

Old
09-26-2012, 11:34 AM
That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Now back to hockey talk!!

1 point in 2 games...no worries.

I'm surprised no one is mentioning the good news...his knee seems fine and this last junior season is a good one (good test) for knee.
As long as no one gets dirty (ex: Kasparatis) on Galchy...*knock on wood*.
We don't even need Galchy to play all 80 games...65+ will do.
(not that important to me, but...I predict 75pts).

Galchy will be fine...it's a long season.
Plenty of time for Galchy to get used to playing with 2-3 players on him.

The OHL season is only 68 games long, and he will also be on team USA at the World Juniors. If we get our season back, he'll also be called up for training camp, so he'll play 50 games for Sarnia, max. Taking all things into consideration, I expect him to put up 70-80 points.

His knee is fine. Honestly, I haven't even paid any attention to it. His speed is awesome, he's blowing past defenders, he's blocking shots, and not afraid of physical play.

Last edited by That: 09-26-2012 at 11:42 AM.
Old
09-26-2012, 11:49 AM
KingHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Alright, I guess its my ault for assuming your comment had anything to do with the two games, but then the timing of the comment was rather odd.

And we shouldn't focus on how many points he gets, rather a point per game mark because he will miss many games. I believe he had 1.22 in his last full season, he should be around 1.4-1.5 this year.
I can see your point. Let's just hope he succeeds, MTL needs a star forward

Last edited by KingHab: 09-26-2012 at 12:42 PM.
Old
09-26-2012, 12:38 PM
domdo345

Any chances sportsnet broadcast the Stings Friday night? Would love to see a complete game of Gally.

Old
09-26-2012, 01:53 PM
That

Quote:
Originally Posted by domdo345 View Post
Any chances sportsnet broadcast the Stings Friday night? Would love to see a complete game of Gally.
They have the Jays television rights, and they normally start broadcasting CHL games on Friday Nights after baseball season is over.

I don't have the internet capability to stream, but is there anyway I could save the game somehow, and then upload it to the internet? Would anyone be interested it that? Is there a cheap way to do it? (I'm thinking maybe a capture card or something?)

Last edited by That: 09-26-2012 at 02:00 PM.
Old
09-26-2012, 02:32 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
They have the Jays television rights, and they normally start broadcasting CHL games on Friday Nights after baseball season is over.

I don't have the internet capability to stream, but is there anyway I could save the game somehow, and then upload it to the internet? Would anyone be interested it that? Is there a cheap way to do it? (I'm thinking maybe a capture card or something?)
If you could do that... u would rock!

Old
09-26-2012, 02:44 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Help on the way for Gally?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=406137

Old
09-26-2012, 02:47 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

I would actually love to see how Galchenyuk does without Yakupov.

Old
09-26-2012, 03:50 PM
Natedawg
Lars Eller

Quote:

You would be a god around here.. someone give him the direction!

Old
09-26-2012, 04:02 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

There's tons of ways to capture screen images. Your computer would have to be fast enough to stream the game and have the program running.

If you had a PVR you could do it.

Old
09-26-2012, 04:21 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
I would actually love to see how Galchenyuk does without Yakupov.
I would too, but if he has no help at all it's no good. He's probably going to be a playmaker more than a goalscorer at the next level.

Old
09-26-2012, 04:55 PM
That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
There's tons of ways to capture screen images. Your computer would have to be fast enough to stream the game and have the program running.

If you had a PVR you could do it.
How would I transfer it from the PVR to my laptop? Also my internet is terrible. Not a chance I would be able to stream it live, but I could upload it somewhere so you guys could watch it.

I mainly want to do this so I could archive the Galchenyuk games, and also tune into the games I missed. I'm a Barrie Colts fan, but at this point I'm far more interested in watching Galchenyuk and Vail. Aswell as 2013 eligible draftees like Monahan, Rychel, Zadorov, Domi, Kujawinski, etc. So I thought if I'm going to do, why not keep the games for fellow Habs fans.

Old
09-26-2012, 07:58 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
How would I transfer it from the PVR to my laptop? Also my internet is terrible. Not a chance I would be able to stream it live, but I could upload it somewhere so you guys could watch it.

I mainly want to do this so I could archive the Galchenyuk games, and also tune into the games I missed. I'm a Barrie Colts fan, but at this point I'm far more interested in watching Galchenyuk and Vail. Aswell as 2013 eligible draftees like Monahan, Rychel, Zadorov, Domi, Kujawinski, etc. So I thought if I'm going to do, why not keep the games for fellow Habs fans.
Sometimes there's a usb port on them... Or at least I've heard. I've never actually looked at mine.

A screen capture program would work, but you'd need the image from your tv to your laptop/desktop. I only know of getting it from laptop to tv. Though, I'm not really a tech guy. Overlords might know.

Old
09-26-2012, 10:19 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...818/story.html

Good quotes from Bergy.

Old
09-27-2012, 06:57 AM
onebighockeyfan

Quote:
Thank you
Kessel got 82 points with the Leafs for $%^& sake. All you need to score a lot of points is ice time and PP time. It's not like Lupul and Bozak are future all of famers!

Old
09-27-2012, 07:30 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelletier666 View Post
Kessel got 82 points with the Leafs for $%^& sake. All you need to score a lot of points is ice time and PP time. It's not like Lupul and Bozak are future all of famers!
Well Lupul did have a career year which helped Kessel

Old
09-27-2012, 09:21 AM
bleuetbio

Quote:
Would anyone be interested it that? Is there a cheap way to do it?
It would be awesome man.

Old
09-27-2012, 03:38 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Now that everyone got it out of their system, let's keep this topic reserved for Galchenyuk updates. Thanks.

Old
09-27-2012, 06:15 PM
Habsfan2992
One of the 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
Sakic had one nasty backhand shot.
Sundin?

Old
09-28-2012, 06:02 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Sarnia Sting ‏@StingHockey
Sting forwards: Boucher-Sarault-Brown,Goldobin-Galchenyuk-Dundas, Hargrave-Nikandrov-Latta, DiPaulo-Addessi-Renaud

Some wanted Goldobin as his winger, there it is.

SSM is tonight's opponent and they are not a powerhouse, looking for a multi point game for Alex.

Old
09-28-2012, 06:41 PM
Schooner Guy

I'm watching Sting vs Greyhounds game on Rogers OHL package. No points for Gally in 1st (Sting up 1-0) but Gally looks very good.

Closed Thread