HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Wrestling
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Wrestling Amateur, Pro, Mud, Jello, Real, Fake, and in between

Conflict between John Cena & Vince McMahon?

Old
09-26-2012, 09:17 AM
M.C.G. 31

vCash: 50
Conflict between John Cena & Vince McMahon?

Court Bauer, a former member of the WWE Creative team, spoke on the MLW podcast with Konnan and Mister Saint Laurent about believed tension between John Cena and Vince McMahon, specifically related to Cena's surgery. Check out the highlights:

On how it began: "John Cena has this procedure done in Birmingham, AL. WWE.com puts out there that he'll be down for only two weeks and that life will go on. It was basically like removal of fragments and bone spurs in his arm or his elbow, which if you follow sports, baseball players have it done all the time, usually in the office season. NFL guys will have it done here or there. It's a pretty easy deal. So, I don't think anyone was thinking it was going to be this long stretched out thing, but then the reports came out about how long John Cena was going to be down for. John Cena then took to Twitter saying that WWE.com got the story wrong and that he's going to be out for a full six [weeks] and he just buried WWE.com and all the guys over there. The story obviously then switched to 'now he's out six weeks.'"

On Vince's reaction: "From what I know, Vince McMahon himself, in the agent meeting, the producers meeting, told everyone straight up the dude is out for just two weeks, 'we dodged a bullet and that he's very much in the mix moving forward.' That was Tuesday, he said that. Then Cena had very different things to say and I understand WWE.com did talk to James Andrews [Cena's doctor], who WWE and Cena did give them the blessing to talk to. That's standard protocol at WWE. They always try to interview the doctor, get insight so they can have the news. Sometimes it's a kayfabe site and sometimes it's a legit news site. Sometimes it's a TMZ site, but that's the story. They interviewed him and Dr. James Andrews did say he'd be out just two weeks."

On the conflict: "So you have to wonder if Vince and the doctor said it and Cena is saying six weeks, there is an interesting issue there. Is it that John Cena wanted the full six weeks out? Was John Cena then told something after Tuesdays that conflicted with this? But it was very quickly thereafter they reported it on the website that this was not in fact the situation. The reality of it is, John Cena is coming off a divorce, he's beaten up. He's got a bad neck, a bad hip, bad everything. He's closing in on 36. The wear and tear of a guy like that, that goes, goes, goes and is a company man, you gotta think about. And if you're Vince McMahon, you look at the clock, you look at the calendar and you think, is it time to build the next John Cena?"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Discussed this on another forum and I'll bring up the point here.

Someone mentioned Ryback, who's six years younger, but does Ryback have the charisma and mic skills to be the #1 guy in the company? I don't think so.

Cena's time as a full time wrestler may be drawing close to an end IMO if he doesn't take a decent amount of time off in the near future.

M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 09:35 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Morozov
36 isn't even old, Punk is 33, Jericho is 41, AJ is 35, Angle is 43. But it's always interesting in comparison to sports because in the NHL 36 is pretty ancient.

If Cena couldn't go long term for whatever reason, then they'd get over Randy smoking weed or swearing or whatever he has done this time and boost him back up. Rob Van Goldberg is terrible.

I doubt Cena is going anywhere any time soon.

Last edited by Morozov: 09-26-2012 at 09:41 AM.
Morozov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 09:46 AM
M.C.G. 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
36 isn't even old, Punk is 33, Jericho is 41, AJ is 35, Angle is 43. But it's always interesting in comparison to sports because in the NHL 36 is pretty ancient.

If Cena couldn't go long term for whatever reason, then they'd get over Randy smoking weed or swearing or whatever he has done this time and boost him back up. Rob Van Goldberg is terrible.

I doubt Cena is going anywhere any time soon.
AJ is 25...

And 36 is old if you're John Cena who's been promoting WWE non-stop for the past 8 years. The guy doesn't take a ****ing break, and it'll end his career before anyone expects it to (although at this point, who isn't expecting it to happen within the next few years with the way WWE works Cena). Vince won't even let Cena take a one month break. Imagine if he got a legit serious injury? Vince would go on suicide watch.

Old
09-26-2012, 09:49 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPrice 31 View Post
AJ is 25...

And 36 is old if you're John Cena who's been promoting WWE non-stop for the past 8 years. The guy doesn't take a ****ing break, and it'll end his career before anyone expects it to.
I'm not talking about AJ Lee, why would I bring her up...

It really isn't that old at all if you look at the ages of wrestlers. 36 is like middle aged. He won't be going anywhere any time soon.

Even Dolph is 32 and he is considered a new young guy. Cena logs a lot of hours, so does everyone else and the matches they work nowadays are much easier on their bodies than they were 10 years ago. I don't see Cena becoming the next Edge.

Last edited by Morozov: 09-26-2012 at 09:57 AM.
Old
09-26-2012, 09:59 AM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
AJ is 25...
Styles?

BackGroundMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 10:01 AM
M.C.G. 31

I forgot about AJ Styles lol, nevermind that last comment.

There's only so much that the human body can take though, and Cena's been working non-stop for the company for the last 8 years. I think within the next few years, Cena's body is going to begin breaking down on him if he doesn't get at least a six month break in the near future (after WrestleMania maybe?)

Old
09-26-2012, 10:04 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Time will tell I guess. I won't be the least bit surprised if Cena is still going along just fine in 5 years unless he picks up a major injury of some kind, and I won't be surprised if he's still going along in 10 years.

Hell Sting is nearly 20 years older than Cena and can still go in the ring fairly well, granted not nearly as well as he used to, but he can still put a match on without embarrassing himself.

But as sports fans we are conditioned to think that a guys prime is sort of mid 20ish, most athletes are pretty worthless come the time they are 36.

What is pretty crazy to me is that Mysterio is only 37, and you look at these other guys who are relatively new on the big scene in their 30s, and Rey's 37, he was in ECW in 95 and WCW in 96 lol.

Last edited by Morozov: 09-26-2012 at 10:19 AM.
Old
09-26-2012, 10:25 AM
duckchobbins

I can see this possibly being true. All of it.

Bottom line, Cena deserves a serious break. Not one week, not a month of just promos...but a couple months off TV altogether. If they really need him to "appear" then have him pre-record a few promos before his vacation and air them on Raw and say it's a live statement by Cena. Heck, they did it with the Rock a half dozen times last year.

If he were to take 6 weeks off, right now isn't horrible timing to be honest. It still leaves them plenty of time to get back on track heading into the Rumble, which I'm sure is already planned out regarding Cena, Rock, Punk, and the WWE title.

duckchobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 03:31 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
If Cena wants the full 6 weeks, give it to him. The man deserves it.

Quote:
AJ is 25...

And 36 is old if you're John Cena who's been promoting WWE non-stop for the past 8 years. The guy doesn't take a ****ing break, and it'll end his career before anyone expects it to (although at this point, who isn't expecting it to happen within the next few years with the way WWE works Cena). Vince won't even let Cena take a one month break. Imagine if he got a legit serious injury? Vince would go on suicide watch.
I think they meant AJ Styles.

Last edited by Habsfan18: 09-28-2012 at 03:13 PM. Reason: merge
OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 04:38 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

John Cena is the most important person in the E right now. Vince needs the poor guy every single week out on TV.

Cena knew what he was getting himself into. You dont become the biggest name in the Biz outside of the Rock and think you deserve time off when the entire structure of Vince's business revolves around him as the flagship. There isnt a single person who can carry that torch on a weekly basis other then John Cena. Nobody gets the reaction he gets and nobody sells as much merch as he does. He is damned either way but the truth is nobody is in position to take his spot and the way things are, there isnt a single person who has the skill to do it outside of Trips coming back full time.

Sucks fo sho, but thats they way he wanted it.

Martini* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 04:53 PM
M.C.G. 31

John Cena never wanted that. There's been numerous times that its come out that Cena wants people on top with him. Apparently Cena always wanted Carlito to get to that next level and always tried to motivate him to work harder. There was even a fight over it that I read a while back.

Old
09-26-2012, 05:44 PM
CaptainCrunch67

John Cena is kinda funny, sometimes he can be really tough to like because of the whole Super Cena unbeatable wrestler thing which takes the surprise out of wrestling thing, its a lot like Hulk Hogan who you knew was going to win every feud eventually type of thing.

But he's someone that I think is admirable in a lot of ways. His work ethic is over the top and amazing, he's constantly working and when he's not at events he's promoting events, his "Make a Wish" work is amazing and he's thrown every bit of himself into it.

When he does those promo's where he talks about everything that he does he does for the fans, I think its a real sincere aspect of his personality pushing through, I think that he really likes the idea of entertaining fans, and inspiring kids and all of that stuff.

He used to down play injuries, this is a guy who had major major nexk surgery and came back weeks early, he's probably had some pretty significant nagging injuries that he should have taken the time to heal but he's worked through them.

He's unlike other top guys who would milk injuries. Hall and Nash were the kings of that when they were top dogs, Michaels with his knee injury that he completely milked. even Mick Foley, the industructible guy was milking injuries at the end of his career to get time off. Cena never used to do that.

He's probably had a tough personal year with his divorce and other things, but he didn't let that stop him.

But the funny thing is he's now putting up pictures on the internet of sprained ankles and his elbow surgery and stuff like that. At 36 he's probably put in the equivalent of 30 years of career time, and I think at some point his brutal schedule and nagging injuries will catch up to him. and force him to a lighter schedule sooner then most other wrestlers like Jericho get to that point.

I also don't think that Vince is the guy forcing him into this brutal schedule, he's actually been pretty good about wrestler injuries and taking proper time over over the last decade or so, so making Cena work non stop would be out of character for Vince lately.

I don't think it would hurt Cena's character to take a few months off to relax and recharge and heal and maybe enjoy the money he's made, and it would make it easier to force elevate other wrestlers in that top spot that he can chase.

I have this gut feeling that Cena is going to get fake injured at Hell in a Cell which will propel Punk as a villian and get him into some other feuds while Cena can go away for a while. With Cena's mentality of being the best I wouldn't be surprised to see him tossed off of the cage through two tables and a coupla show girls ending his current run.

At least that's what I hope will happen.

CaptainCrunch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 06:00 PM
M.C.G. 31

Randy Orton vs. CM Punk would be fun to watch again if Cena did take time off after Hell in a Cell, but it's obvious that Cena's going to be here until WrestleMania. He desperately deserves time off though.

Old
09-26-2012, 06:17 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

i think he goes out for a few months and comes back at the Royal Rumble and then goes on to WM after winning the Rumble...at least I feel that's what he should do...

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 06:49 PM
Hell Zeon*
Captain Kovalchuk******

I've never disliked John Cena and he's the hardest working WWE #1 guy ever. I think he's been placed in a bad era where almost all the attention is on him and not on other guys. In this bad era he doesn't get to feud with a lot of good wrestlers and when he actually does he looks great (Cena vs. Punk feud). However, when he has feuds with pretty bad wrestlers/mic performers it looks kinda bad but the fact is that if the talent existed, Cena would thrive.

Hell Zeon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 12:36 PM
Swedish Puck Mafia
Break The HeMan Down

vCash: 1920
Cena's overworked because the WWE is afraid to push anyone else.

Look at all the superstars they had during the Attitude Era, and then look at all the superstars now. Cena is the only wrestler who main events on a consistent basis. The Attitude Era had the Rock, Stone Cold, Jericho, Angle, HHH, and the Undertaker.

It is the WWE's own fault that they can't find a superstar to have a main event story line that doesn't involve John Cena. FFS, didn't Cena have a feud with R-Truth at one point? Plenty of under-used talent like Ziggler, Miz, Bryan, Sheamus, and ADR.

Punk is at least getting his time in the spotlight. Too bad creative is turning his championship run into a mockery until Cena inevitably beats him and he gets buried again.

Swedish Puck Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 06:57 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Puck Mafia View Post
Cena's overworked because the WWE is afraid to push anyone else.
Maybe because there isnt a single person outside of Cena who has "it" the way Cena does? The E gives gives plenty of pushes with many not deserving them. It isnt Cena's fault.
Quote:
Look at all the superstars they had during the Attitude Era, and then look at all the superstars now. Cena is the only wrestler who main events on a consistent basis. The Attitude Era had the Rock, Stone Cold, Jericho, Angle, HHH, and the Undertaker.
One of those guys is not like the other.

Jericho doesnt belong in that group. Four of the biggest icons this "sport" has ever seen and one of the greatest legit wrestlers of all time....and Jericho.
Quote:
It is the WWE's own fault that they can't find a superstar to have a main event story line that doesn't involve John Cena. FFS, didn't Cena have a feud with R-Truth at one point? Plenty of under-used talent like Ziggler, Miz, Bryan, Sheamus, and ADR.
I give you Ziggler, but every single one of those guys got a decent push...wait, Miz headlined WM, Sheamus is HHH's jock warmer and Danielson was over pushed for being the midget that he is. Its the reaction they bring that gives them a spot, and all of those guys got a push and didnt do anything with it. Why is that the E's fault?
Quote:
Punk is at least getting his time in the spotlight. Too bad creative is turning his championship run into a mockery until Cena inevitably beats him and he gets buried again.
If thats what those kids who pester their parents to buy Cena shirts wants, then why is that the E's fault again? Vince plays to his demo's better then anybody else, its just good business for a guy thats an actual billionare.

Quote:
John Cena never wanted that. There's been numerous times that its come out that Cena wants people on top with him. Apparently Cena always wanted Carlito to get to that next level and always tried to motivate him to work harder. There was even a fight over it that I read a while back.
John Cena put himself out there to be the corporate guy the second he started going out there to do things while wearing a WWE shirt besides in the ring. Cena has been first to do interviews, his MAW work, further embracing his status as a role model for a company that for almost a decade had their top guy waving a middle finger at their boss.

Perfect timing considering that Linda's political aspirations are, but Cena has become more valuble.

And Carly Colon was never going to be anything but a mid carder in the E while be the main guy for the floundering promotions in PR. Nothing but a talent exchange/ rub for his father, Carlos.

Last edited by Habsfan18: 09-28-2012 at 03:13 PM. Reason: merge
Old
09-27-2012, 07:29 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

He's 36, but he's an old 36. He hasn't taken a week off since his neck injury, I believe, when he returned at the Royal Rumble. Correct me if I'm wrong. He came back at least 3 months earlier than he was projected.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 08:10 PM
M.C.G. 31

Here's more on the John Cena/Carlito thing I was talking about, straight from Carlito in an interview:

ďI actually had a fight with [John] Cena. I forget where it was, but we got into a fight. A drunken fist fight. He told me I wasnít applying myself. He said I should be at a higher level. I didnít punch him because Iím not going to punch the face of the company. It was more like a drunken fight. I donít think we were out to hurt each other. I was just defending myself, but Cena, heís strong as hell.Ē

ďHe jumped at me first. They ended up separating us about three times. I felt like he and I had always been close. I think he just wanted to see me do better. Cena is one of those guys thatís a top guy, but he wants to see other guys. He doesnít try to hold guys down, he wants to see them come up.Ē

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
I give you Ziggler, but every single one of those guys got a decent push...wait, Miz headlined WM, Sheamus is HHH's jock warmer and Danielson was over pushed for being the midget that he is. Its the reaction they bring that gives them a spot, and all of those guys got a push and didnt do anything with it. Why is that the E's fault?
How can you say Daniel Bryan "got a push but didn't do anything with it." Have you heard the reactions he gets? Did you not see the blatant burial WWE tried giving him by losing in 18 seconds at WrestleMania and yet he STILL bounced back and continues getting the reactions he does? The man had the higher ups against him during his entire title reign, so much to the point that they booked Sheamus to embarrass him in 18 seconds, but it just propelled him and Daniel Bryan hasn't looked back. "Yes" gets stale? He goes to "No" and still gets the crowd involved like all of the greats in the past have. To say Daniel Bryan has done nothing with his push is dumb.

Old
09-27-2012, 10:06 PM
Marf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
One of those guys is not like the other.

Jericho doesnt belong in that group. Four of the biggest icons this "sport" has ever seen and one of the greatest legit wrestlers of all time....and Jericho.
I don't understand this comment. Why is it laughable to have Jericho mentioned with those guys?
He's a great wrestler. Generates great pops. Can play a hell or face at top level. Has beaten every single one of those guys mentioned. Has held just as many if not more titles.
So why is Jericho laughable again?

Marf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 10:49 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Here's more on the John Cena/Carlito thing I was talking about, straight from Carlito in an interview:

ďI actually had a fight with [John] Cena. I forget where it was, but we got into a fight. A drunken fist fight. He told me I wasnít applying myself. He said I should be at a higher level. I didnít punch him because Iím not going to punch the face of the company. It was more like a drunken fight. I donít think we were out to hurt each other. I was just defending myself, but Cena, heís strong as hell.Ē

ďHe jumped at me first. They ended up separating us about three times. I felt like he and I had always been close. I think he just wanted to see me do better. Cena is one of those guys thatís a top guy, but he wants to see other guys. He doesnít try to hold guys down, he wants to see them come up.Ē
Um...ok? Cena could have whomever he wants come up. Doesnt mean those in charge feel the same way. Whats the point of this when Carly Colon obviously didnt have the star power to actually make something come of this other get get future endevoured?

Quote:
How can you say Daniel Bryan "got a push but didn't do anything with it."
Danielson is the quintessential "Vanilla Midget" that Nash speaketh of. Nobody took him seriously as a legit champion, and instead of actually producing, like say, Shawn Michaels, who was also a smaller wrestler who would go out and have the best match on the card each and every night, Danielson lives off of his rightly so best wrestler title then mails it in. And that is the rub, showing just how spectacular Micheals was that Vince and staff just couldnt put him down the card while Danielson can be placed in the mid card and be perfectly suited for that spot.
Quote:
Have you heard the reactions he gets?
Why yes I have. Its more of a mock then some sort of solidarity between sports entertainer and his dedicated fanboi's/Gurls. Those same dedicated fanboi's and gurls who are paying money to boo and cheer John Cena. And that is the difference between Cena and Danielson. Cena puts fannies in seats while Danielson just comes along with the package. John Cena, as the main draw, has increased PPV numbers in the last year from the year before, and thats while having gimmick matches with John Lauenitus(sp). Nobody wants to see Lesnar face a midget, I know I dont. Feed him Cena.
Quote:
Did you not see the blatant burial WWE tried giving him by losing in 18 seconds at WrestleMania and yet he STILL bounced back and continues getting the reactions he does?
From Meltzer, they were programed to have a short match to begin with to try and beat the old record for fastest title match. I have no doubt Danielson knew this going into the match, and as champion, how couldnt he? He ate the kick like a man and should be thankful he had a four month run with a belt. How is that a burial? He got paid a ton of money curtain jerking on the biggest card of the year and was already out of the shower to watch the match over a million people paid fifty bucks to see, Rock VS Cena.

A burial is what Vince did to Bret Hart, who was never the same after Montreal.Danielson, like I said, isnt taken seriously enough to be a legit contender to Sheamus, who was made to look strong.
Quote:
The man had the higher ups against him during his entire title reign, so much to the point that they booked Sheamus to embarrass him in 18 seconds,
Huh? Its the "higher ups" job to make money. This isnt Vince vs SCSA in real life where certain wrestlers will get screwed out of titles just because the boss has some sort of vendetta against them. How, prey tell, can the "higher ups" have anything against a guy when they give him a "four month title reign"? You contradict yourself with that statement alone because there isnt a company in this world that would keep somebody they didnt have some sort of faith in at the time in one of their most important spots for four months.
Quote:
but it just propelled him and Daniel Bryan hasn't looked back.
Has he headlined a PPV since?
Quote:
"Yes" gets stale?
Yeah
Quote:
He goes to "No" and still gets the crowd involved like all of the greats in the past have.
You seriously didnt just put Brain Danielson in the same class as the "all time greats" now, did you? The Honkeytonk man got the crowd involved, so did New Jack, so did the Mexicools. Are they all time greats, also?
Quote:
To say Daniel Bryan has done nothing with his push is dumb.
How much merch has he sold next to Cena, or even CM Punk for that matter?

Old
09-27-2012, 11:13 PM
M.C.G. 31

I'm not reading all that at midnight, but go to WWEShop.com right now and you check out the top sellers, Daniel Bryan's "YES!" shirt is still top five, at number four, behind John Cena, The Rock and Zack Ryder. Outselling CM Punk, Dolph Ziggler, The Undertaker, Brock Lesnar, DX, Triple H, Randy Orton, Sheamus, etc. (Daniel Bryan's YES shirt was a top three seller when it was first released).

Is it still a mocking thing? Is Daniel Bryan not over with the people?

http://shop.wwe.com/Men/shop-wwe-pro...efault,sc.html

BTW, you don't need to headline a pay-per-view to be over with the fans. He's arguably the most over in the WWE today, and the crowd reaction speaks for itself. If it was a "mocking" thing, it'd be done and Bryan would be a mid-carder again, but he's not.

Old
09-28-2012, 09:42 AM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

The only reason Punk got a match with Cena at MitB 2011 was because Cena knew that Punk was leaving the company. Cena has always admired Punk behind closed doors and wanted to give him a proper title feud before he left. So Cena pulled some strings and got Punk to become #1 contender. The idea being that Punk would leave the company fresh off a memorable title match, and if he came back down the line, he'd have a program with Cena waiting to happen.

Once he was #1 contender, the famous shoot happened, and you know the rest.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 10:13 AM
Hell Zeon*
Captain Kovalchuk******

Punk needs another shot like that. Turning heel didn't do it.

Hell Zeon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 12:17 PM
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marf View Post
I don't understand this comment. Why is it laughable to have Jericho mentioned with those guys?
He's a great wrestler. Generates great pops. Can play a hell or face at top level. Has beaten every single one of those guys mentioned. Has held just as many if not more titles.
So why is Jericho laughable again?
The guy was the first undisputed champion. I think he belongs in that group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
i think he goes out for a few months and comes back at the Royal Rumble and then goes on to WM after winning the Rumble...at least I feel that's what he should do...
It would be pretty easy to do as well. Once the elbow is actually healed up, keep it in a sling for one more episode. Have Punk "further injure" the elbow and put him back on the shelf.

Cena sits out until the Rumble, comes back and wins. CM Punk vs Cena for the WWE Championship at Wrestlemania. It basically writes itself.

Last edited by Habsfan18: 09-28-2012 at 03:12 PM. Reason: merge
tp71 is offline   Reply With Quote