HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > The Lounge
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Lounge "...Where the parking lot of the Igloo meets the concourse of the Nassau County Coliseum and the bathroom line of the Skyreach..." - Wickedbsfan

Lady Advice Thread XXX: Hey, how you doin'? (Warning in OP)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-26-2012, 08:22 PM
  #51
BluesOne31
We going insane
 
BluesOne31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 1,508
vCash: 50
I need date ideas. I live in a college town that's about 45 minutes away from an actual bigger city and there isn't much to do here besides dinner and a movie. Anyone got any good ideas?

(Disclaimer: neither of us are 21)

BluesOne31 is offline  
Old
09-26-2012, 08:28 PM
  #52
Franck
Insolent Upstart
 
Franck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Gothenburg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 7,885
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesOne31 View Post
I need date ideas. I live in a college town that's about 45 minutes away from an actual bigger city and there isn't much to do here besides dinner and a movie. Anyone got any good ideas?

(Disclaimer: neither of us are 21)
What are your and the girls interests?

Going go-carting or paintballing might be a great idea for some, others do better going to a museum or a play.

Franck is offline  
Old
09-26-2012, 08:42 PM
  #53
BluesOne31
We going insane
 
BluesOne31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 1,508
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franck View Post
What are your and the girls interests?

Going go-carting or paintballing might be a great idea for some, others do better going to a museum or a play.
I love doing anything involving sports. She's somewhat into sports but not as much. It would be the first "date". Every other time we hang out or decide on things to do she always says she doesn't care what it is.

That being said I really like the go-carting idea. Go-carting + dinner could be a perfect combo. Thanks man.

BluesOne31 is offline  
Old
09-26-2012, 09:27 PM
  #54
The Dayvan Cowboy
Registered Genius
 
The Dayvan Cowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,705
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesOne31 View Post
I love doing anything involving sports. She's somewhat into sports but not as much. It would be the first "date". Every other time we hang out or decide on things to do she always says she doesn't care what it is.

That being said I really like the go-carting idea. Go-carting + dinner could be a perfect combo. Thanks man.
Invite her to your place to watch a movie.

Get it?

The Dayvan Cowboy is offline  
Old
09-26-2012, 10:57 PM
  #55
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION
 
Chris Hansen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 10,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dayvan Cowboy View Post
Invite her to your place to watch a movie.

Get it?
Probably a better idea to actually get to know the girl a little before leaping into a physical relationship.

Go-karting and dinner sounds like a good idea for a first date, I'd say. From personal experience, BluesOne, ice skating makes for an awesome first date as well if the girl is up to it.

Chris Hansen is offline  
Old
09-26-2012, 11:08 PM
  #56
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN
 
Novak Djokovic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,252
vCash: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Probably a better idea to actually get to know the girl a little before leaping into a physical relationship.

Go-karting and dinner sounds like a good idea for a first date, I'd say. From personal experience, BluesOne, ice skating makes for an awesome first date as well if the girl is up to it.
Ditto.

Novak Djokovic is offline  
Old
09-26-2012, 11:34 PM
  #57
BluesOne31
We going insane
 
BluesOne31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 1,508
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dayvan Cowboy View Post
Invite her to your place to watch a movie.

Get it?
Got it, Dayvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Probably a better idea to actually get to know the girl a little before leaping into a physical relationship.

Go-karting and dinner sounds like a good idea for a first date, I'd say. From personal experience, BluesOne, ice skating makes for an awesome first date as well if the girl is up to it.
I agree with you Chris. The chick is actually one of my roommate's cousins (he's encouraging it and is perfectly fine with the situation) and came over to a party we had at the beginning of the month and since then she's come over to our place every weekend and we've talked a bit during the week. Don't know much about her but what I do know I'm interested in so I'll give it a go.

BluesOne31 is offline  
Old
09-27-2012, 12:33 AM
  #58
Hades
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Australia
Posts: 1,374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShameOnYouZidlicky View Post
Hey guys, hoping you could give me some advice here. So I'm in my first year of university, and I met this girl who lives on my floor in residence. She's super cool, we have the same sense of humour, similar musical tastes and we just click. I'm currently trying to figure out if I should go after her or just remain friends. The problem here is that if she rejects me it could be pretty awkward for the next 7 months. The same could be said if we actually do get together and then break up or whatever. She also lives out west so that's a factor as well. I've havent had a girlfriend since I was 15 and looking back I wouldnt really even call it a real relationship, so it's safe to say I have no idea what I'm doing. Any advice would be awesome. Do I go for her, or do I move on?
I'd go for it. I know people usually say that you shouldn't mess with girls at work or girls that you'll see often, but I think that's a pretty ****** rule. I've messed with a girl at work before, things ended badly but I don't regret it. It's a learning experience, and it's better than wondering what could have been. Things will only be awkward if you make them awkward. Just remember to always keep your pride. If she rejects you, don't take it badly and don't do anything stupid.

Hades is offline  
Old
09-27-2012, 08:26 AM
  #59
octopi
Registered User
 
octopi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 30,731
vCash: 703
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesOne31 View Post
I need date ideas. I live in a college town that's about 45 minutes away from an actual bigger city and there isn't much to do here besides dinner and a movie. Anyone got any good ideas?

(Disclaimer: neither of us are 21)
Hiking? It's beautiful and serene.

And where I live you can even go in the city because some of our parks are massive.

octopi is offline  
Old
09-27-2012, 09:18 AM
  #60
Confound
-Vindicated-
 
Confound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 17,630
vCash: 500
Wanna tell you about the girl I love
My she looks so fine
She's the only one that I been dreamin' of
Maybe someday she will be all mine
I wanna tell her that I love her so
And thrill her with my every touch
I need to tell her she's the only one I really love

Use that to the girl you desire and your golden.

Confound is online now  
Old
09-27-2012, 09:39 AM
  #61
guest1467
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 24,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Mist View Post
It's simple, you don't **** where you eat
We are talking about university dorms here.

guest1467 is offline  
Old
09-27-2012, 11:18 AM
  #62
BluesOne31
We going insane
 
BluesOne31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 1,508
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShameOnYouZidlicky View Post
Hey guys, hoping you could give me some advice here. So I'm in my first year of university, and I met this girl who lives on my floor in residence. She's super cool, we have the same sense of humour, similar musical tastes and we just click. I'm currently trying to figure out if I should go after her or just remain friends. The problem here is that if she rejects me it could be pretty awkward for the next 7 months. The same could be said if we actually do get together and then break up or whatever. She also lives out west so that's a factor as well. I've havent had a girlfriend since I was 15 and looking back I wouldnt really even call it a real relationship, so it's safe to say I have no idea what I'm doing. Any advice would be awesome. Do I go for her, or do I move on?
Might as well go for it. My roommate freshman year started dating a girl on our floor and they are still together 2 years later. Granted I thought it was annoying as hell because she practically slept in our room every night so if you do end up dating her, have some respect for your roommate and make sure the sleeping arrangements are even (if you decide to do that).

Quote:
Originally Posted by octopi View Post
Hiking? It's beautiful and serene.

And where I live you can even go in the city because some of our parks are massive.
I'm not a big fan of hiking/camping but it could be something to try. Thanks man.

BluesOne31 is offline  
Old
09-27-2012, 04:00 PM
  #63
Dubi Doo
Registered User
 
Dubi Doo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,420
vCash: 2225
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesOne31 View Post
Might as well go for it. My roommate freshman year started dating a girl on our floor and they are still together 2 years later. Granted I thought it was annoying as hell because she practically slept in our room every night so if you do end up dating her, have some respect for your roommate and make sure the sleeping arrangements are even (if you decide to do that).



I'm not a big fan of hiking/camping but it could be something to try. Thanks man.
You could take her on a bike ride. My cousin has done that before.

Dubi Doo is offline  
Old
09-28-2012, 12:59 PM
  #64
DeflatedFootball7
Registered User
 
DeflatedFootball7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Belleville
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,946
vCash: 500
Last night was a double edged sword for me. I had fun with the girl at the party at her room, but things went downhill after we went to a club. I started to find it difficult to talk to her again, and although I don't remember it, I apparently got angry at her over something... She says she forgives me but I feel like an idiot now...

DeflatedFootball7 is offline  
Old
09-28-2012, 01:26 PM
  #65
Dubi Doo
Registered User
 
Dubi Doo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,420
vCash: 2225
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatedFootball7 View Post
Last night was a double edged sword for me. I had fun with the girl at the party at her room, but things went downhill after we went to a club. I started to find it difficult to talk to her again, and although I don't remember it, I apparently got angry at her over something... She says she forgives me but I feel like an idiot now...
Ouch. That's no good. Especially early on. It's never good to get mad at someone so early on.

Clubs are always good for some drama. You probably got plastered and jealous that she was talking to a guy. I can almost guarantee it was jealousy.

Keep your cool next time. If that means drinking a bit less, then do it!

Dubi Doo is offline  
Old
09-28-2012, 01:42 PM
  #66
DeflatedFootball7
Registered User
 
DeflatedFootball7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Belleville
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi Doo View Post
Ouch. That's no good. Especially early on. It's never good to get mad at someone so early on.

Clubs are always good for some drama. You probably got plastered and jealous that she was talking to a guy. I can almost guarantee it was jealousy.

Keep your cool next time. If that means drinking a bit less, then do it!
Yeah. I hate having a temper

DeflatedFootball7 is offline  
Old
09-28-2012, 05:00 PM
  #67
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 33,822
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatedFootball7 View Post
Last night was a double edged sword for me. I had fun with the girl at the party at her room, but things went downhill after we went to a club. I started to find it difficult to talk to her again, and although I don't remember it, I apparently got angry at her over something... She says she forgives me but I feel like an idiot now...


The hell is wrong with you!!

Any time you can't remember something, that's not good. If you know you're an angry drunk, never drink to the point where you're not gonna remember it, which takes alot of alcohol to accomplish.

Machinehead is offline  
Old
09-28-2012, 06:51 PM
  #68
DeflatedFootball7
Registered User
 
DeflatedFootball7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Belleville
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post


The hell is wrong with you!!

Any time you can't remember something, that's not good. If you know you're an angry drunk, never drink to the point where you're not gonna remember it, which takes alot of alcohol to accomplish.
My roommate thinks I should throw in the towel.

DeflatedFootball7 is offline  
Old
09-28-2012, 07:03 PM
  #69
PromNite
Armed Android
 
PromNite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Tampa, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 6,518
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to PromNite
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatedFootball7 View Post
My roommate thinks I should throw in the towel.
You probably should. Next time you'll be trying too hard to make up for last time and it will be really awkward. I've been there before.

__________________


Adam Tensta's from the 163
PromNite is offline  
Old
09-28-2012, 07:09 PM
  #70
Dubi Doo
Registered User
 
Dubi Doo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,420
vCash: 2225
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatedFootball7 View Post
My roommate thinks I should throw in the towel.
Meh. It's only a girl. Apologize to her, and see where it goes from there. Your chances are probably shot, because she likely thinks your a creeper, but you live and learn.

Dubi Doo is offline  
Old
09-28-2012, 07:24 PM
  #71
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 33,822
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatedFootball7 View Post
My roommate thinks I should throw in the towel.
Maybe. I mean I'm not gonna lie to you, it's not a good situation you're in right now.

But I always live by the rule that you let the girl decide when your chances are shot. I would take another shot. She'll make it obvious if you've ruined your chances.

Machinehead is offline  
Old
09-28-2012, 09:20 PM
  #72
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 33,822
vCash: 500
Oh and another thing, like PromNite said it'll be awfully awkward constantly trying to make this one up to her.

So if you've already said you're sorry, then that's it. Don't bring it up anymore. Just move on like it didn't happen. You don't wanna dwell on the mistake, you wanna show her that you're better than the way you acted. Don't say it anymore, just start showing it.

Machinehead is offline  
Old
09-29-2012, 02:15 PM
  #73
The Dayvan Cowboy
Registered Genius
 
The Dayvan Cowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,705
vCash: 500
So I went to a party last night. My friend was hitting on two cute girls and it wasn't going over well at all, so I decided to step in. This one blonde (her friend was a brunette) was really buying into what I was selling, so we danced for a while. Danced and made out and her hands were all over, talked and **** too for probably an hour. They shut down the music and I'm asking if shes coming to my place or I'm getting her number and her brunette "BFF" comes over and they essentially tell me together that she is technically engaged and has a child (she is my age. The girl, not the her kid) and that I could only get the brunette friends phone number, and would have to earn the girl I was with all nights number.

This would happen to me.


Last edited by The Dayvan Cowboy: 09-29-2012 at 03:40 PM.
The Dayvan Cowboy is offline  
Old
09-29-2012, 03:34 PM
  #74
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 33,822
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dayvan Cowboy View Post
So I went to a party last night. My friend was hitting on two cute girls and it wasn't going over well at all, so I decided to step in. This one blonde (her friend was a brunette) was really buying into what I was selling, so we danced for a while. Danced and made out and her hands were all over, talked and **** too for probably an hour. They shut down the music and I'm asking if shes coming to my place or I'm getting her number and her brunette "BFF" comes over and they essentially tell me together that she is technically engaged and has a child (she is my age) and that I could only get the brunette friends phone number, and would have to earn the girl I was with all nights number.

This would happen to me.
What kinda **** is this?

I hope to god you walked off and left both of them standing there. You're a man, not an elephant or an acrobat. **** those circus tricks.

Machinehead is offline  
Old
09-29-2012, 03:36 PM
  #75
The Dayvan Cowboy
Registered Genius
 
The Dayvan Cowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,705
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
What kinda **** is this?

I hope to god you walked off and left both of them standing there. You're a man, not an elephant or an acrobat. **** those circus tricks.
It's a long story but because of connections I couldn't (and can't) be a jackass to them, so I took it but I don't have any intentions of following up.

She has a kid for Christs sake.

The Dayvan Cowboy is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.