HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > The Lounge
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Lounge "...Where the parking lot of the Igloo meets the concourse of the Nassau County Coliseum and the bathroom line of the Skyreach..." - Wickedbsfan

Lady Advice Thread XXX: Hey, how you doin'? (Warning in OP)

Closed Thread

Old
09-26-2012, 08:22 PM
BluesOne31
We going insane

vCash: 50
I need date ideas. I live in a college town that's about 45 minutes away from an actual bigger city and there isn't much to do here besides dinner and a movie. Anyone got any good ideas?

(Disclaimer: neither of us are 21)

Old
09-26-2012, 08:28 PM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesOne31 View Post
I need date ideas. I live in a college town that's about 45 minutes away from an actual bigger city and there isn't much to do here besides dinner and a movie. Anyone got any good ideas?

What are your and the girls interests?

Going go-carting or paintballing might be a great idea for some, others do better going to a museum or a play.

Old
09-26-2012, 08:42 PM
BluesOne31
We going insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franck View Post
What are your and the girls interests?

Going go-carting or paintballing might be a great idea for some, others do better going to a museum or a play.
I love doing anything involving sports. She's somewhat into sports but not as much. It would be the first "date". Every other time we hang out or decide on things to do she always says she doesn't care what it is.

That being said I really like the go-carting idea. Go-carting + dinner could be a perfect combo. Thanks man.

Old
09-26-2012, 09:27 PM
The Dayvan Cowboy
Registered Genius

vCash: 500
Quote:
I love doing anything involving sports. She's somewhat into sports but not as much. It would be the first "date". Every other time we hang out or decide on things to do she always says she doesn't care what it is.

That being said I really like the go-carting idea. Go-carting + dinner could be a perfect combo. Thanks man.
Invite her to your place to watch a movie.

Get it?

Old
09-26-2012, 10:57 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dayvan Cowboy View Post

Get it?
Probably a better idea to actually get to know the girl a little before leaping into a physical relationship.

Go-karting and dinner sounds like a good idea for a first date, I'd say. From personal experience, BluesOne, ice skating makes for an awesome first date as well if the girl is up to it.

Old
09-26-2012, 11:08 PM
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

vCash: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Probably a better idea to actually get to know the girl a little before leaping into a physical relationship.

Go-karting and dinner sounds like a good idea for a first date, I'd say. From personal experience, BluesOne, ice skating makes for an awesome first date as well if the girl is up to it.
Ditto.

Old
09-26-2012, 11:34 PM
BluesOne31
We going insane

Quote:

Get it?
Got it, Dayvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post

I agree with you Chris. The chick is actually one of my roommate's cousins (he's encouraging it and is perfectly fine with the situation) and came over to a party we had at the beginning of the month and since then she's come over to our place every weekend and we've talked a bit during the week. Don't know much about her but what I do know I'm interested in so I'll give it a go.

Old
09-27-2012, 12:33 AM
Hades

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShameOnYouZidlicky View Post
Hey guys, hoping you could give me some advice here. So I'm in my first year of university, and I met this girl who lives on my floor in residence. She's super cool, we have the same sense of humour, similar musical tastes and we just click. I'm currently trying to figure out if I should go after her or just remain friends. The problem here is that if she rejects me it could be pretty awkward for the next 7 months. The same could be said if we actually do get together and then break up or whatever. She also lives out west so that's a factor as well. I've havent had a girlfriend since I was 15 and looking back I wouldnt really even call it a real relationship, so it's safe to say I have no idea what I'm doing. Any advice would be awesome. Do I go for her, or do I move on?
I'd go for it. I know people usually say that you shouldn't mess with girls at work or girls that you'll see often, but I think that's a pretty ****** rule. I've messed with a girl at work before, things ended badly but I don't regret it. It's a learning experience, and it's better than wondering what could have been. Things will only be awkward if you make them awkward. Just remember to always keep your pride. If she rejects you, don't take it badly and don't do anything stupid.

Old
09-27-2012, 08:26 AM
octopi

vCash: 703
Quote:

Hiking? It's beautiful and serene.

And where I live you can even go in the city because some of our parks are massive.

Old
09-27-2012, 09:18 AM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Wanna tell you about the girl I love
My she looks so fine
She's the only one that I been dreamin' of
Maybe someday she will be all mine
I wanna tell her that I love her so
And thrill her with my every touch
I need to tell her she's the only one I really love

Use that to the girl you desire and your golden.

Old
09-27-2012, 09:39 AM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Mist View Post
It's simple, you don't **** where you eat
We are talking about university dorms here.

Old
09-27-2012, 11:18 AM
BluesOne31
We going insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShameOnYouZidlicky View Post
Hey guys, hoping you could give me some advice here. So I'm in my first year of university, and I met this girl who lives on my floor in residence. She's super cool, we have the same sense of humour, similar musical tastes and we just click. I'm currently trying to figure out if I should go after her or just remain friends. The problem here is that if she rejects me it could be pretty awkward for the next 7 months. The same could be said if we actually do get together and then break up or whatever. She also lives out west so that's a factor as well. I've havent had a girlfriend since I was 15 and looking back I wouldnt really even call it a real relationship, so it's safe to say I have no idea what I'm doing. Any advice would be awesome. Do I go for her, or do I move on?
Might as well go for it. My roommate freshman year started dating a girl on our floor and they are still together 2 years later. Granted I thought it was annoying as hell because she practically slept in our room every night so if you do end up dating her, have some respect for your roommate and make sure the sleeping arrangements are even (if you decide to do that).

Quote:
Originally Posted by octopi View Post
Hiking? It's beautiful and serene.

And where I live you can even go in the city because some of our parks are massive.
I'm not a big fan of hiking/camping but it could be something to try. Thanks man.

Old
09-27-2012, 04:00 PM
Dubi Doo

vCash: 2225
Quote:
Might as well go for it. My roommate freshman year started dating a girl on our floor and they are still together 2 years later. Granted I thought it was annoying as hell because she practically slept in our room every night so if you do end up dating her, have some respect for your roommate and make sure the sleeping arrangements are even (if you decide to do that).

I'm not a big fan of hiking/camping but it could be something to try. Thanks man.
You could take her on a bike ride. My cousin has done that before.

Old
09-28-2012, 12:59 PM
DeflatedFootball7

Last night was a double edged sword for me. I had fun with the girl at the party at her room, but things went downhill after we went to a club. I started to find it difficult to talk to her again, and although I don't remember it, I apparently got angry at her over something... She says she forgives me but I feel like an idiot now...

Old
09-28-2012, 01:26 PM
Dubi Doo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatedFootball7 View Post
Last night was a double edged sword for me. I had fun with the girl at the party at her room, but things went downhill after we went to a club. I started to find it difficult to talk to her again, and although I don't remember it, I apparently got angry at her over something... She says she forgives me but I feel like an idiot now...
Ouch. That's no good. Especially early on. It's never good to get mad at someone so early on.

Clubs are always good for some drama. You probably got plastered and jealous that she was talking to a guy. I can almost guarantee it was jealousy.

Keep your cool next time. If that means drinking a bit less, then do it!

Old
09-28-2012, 01:42 PM
DeflatedFootball7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi Doo View Post
Ouch. That's no good. Especially early on. It's never good to get mad at someone so early on.

Clubs are always good for some drama. You probably got plastered and jealous that she was talking to a guy. I can almost guarantee it was jealousy.

Keep your cool next time. If that means drinking a bit less, then do it!
Yeah. I hate having a temper

Old
09-28-2012, 05:00 PM
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:

The hell is wrong with you!!

Any time you can't remember something, that's not good. If you know you're an angry drunk, never drink to the point where you're not gonna remember it, which takes alot of alcohol to accomplish.

Old
09-28-2012, 06:51 PM
DeflatedFootball7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post

The hell is wrong with you!!

Any time you can't remember something, that's not good. If you know you're an angry drunk, never drink to the point where you're not gonna remember it, which takes alot of alcohol to accomplish.
My roommate thinks I should throw in the towel.

Old
09-28-2012, 07:03 PM
PromNite
Armed Android

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
Quote:
You probably should. Next time you'll be trying too hard to make up for last time and it will be really awkward. I've been there before.

Adam Tensta's from the 163
Old
09-28-2012, 07:09 PM
Dubi Doo

Quote:
Meh. It's only a girl. Apologize to her, and see where it goes from there. Your chances are probably shot, because she likely thinks your a creeper, but you live and learn.

Old
09-28-2012, 07:24 PM
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
Maybe. I mean I'm not gonna lie to you, it's not a good situation you're in right now.

But I always live by the rule that you let the girl decide when your chances are shot. I would take another shot. She'll make it obvious if you've ruined your chances.

Old
09-28-2012, 09:20 PM
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams

Oh and another thing, like PromNite said it'll be awfully awkward constantly trying to make this one up to her.

So if you've already said you're sorry, then that's it. Don't bring it up anymore. Just move on like it didn't happen. You don't wanna dwell on the mistake, you wanna show her that you're better than the way you acted. Don't say it anymore, just start showing it.

Old
09-29-2012, 02:15 PM
The Dayvan Cowboy
Registered Genius

So I went to a party last night. My friend was hitting on two cute girls and it wasn't going over well at all, so I decided to step in. This one blonde (her friend was a brunette) was really buying into what I was selling, so we danced for a while. Danced and made out and her hands were all over, talked and **** too for probably an hour. They shut down the music and I'm asking if shes coming to my place or I'm getting her number and her brunette "BFF" comes over and they essentially tell me together that she is technically engaged and has a child (she is my age. The girl, not the her kid) and that I could only get the brunette friends phone number, and would have to earn the girl I was with all nights number.

This would happen to me.

Last edited by The Dayvan Cowboy: 09-29-2012 at 03:40 PM.
Old
09-29-2012, 03:34 PM
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
So I went to a party last night. My friend was hitting on two cute girls and it wasn't going over well at all, so I decided to step in. This one blonde (her friend was a brunette) was really buying into what I was selling, so we danced for a while. Danced and made out and her hands were all over, talked and **** too for probably an hour. They shut down the music and I'm asking if shes coming to my place or I'm getting her number and her brunette "BFF" comes over and they essentially tell me together that she is technically engaged and has a child (she is my age) and that I could only get the brunette friends phone number, and would have to earn the girl I was with all nights number.

This would happen to me.
What kinda **** is this?

I hope to god you walked off and left both of them standing there. You're a man, not an elephant or an acrobat. **** those circus tricks.

Old
09-29-2012, 03:36 PM
The Dayvan Cowboy
Registered Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
What kinda **** is this?

I hope to god you walked off and left both of them standing there. You're a man, not an elephant or an acrobat. **** those circus tricks.
It's a long story but because of connections I couldn't (and can't) be a jackass to them, so I took it but I don't have any intentions of following up.

She has a kid for Christs sake.

Closed Thread