Closed Thread

Old
09-26-2012, 11:32 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unholy Diver View Post
the message of "If you stink we will get rid of you"? maybe it sends a message to all the other guys in the locker room to bust their *****
From a fan's perspective, it's tough because Moorman was literally THE only player worth a damn over the past 10 years. It was not uncommon to see Moorman jerseys...for a punter that's sort of insane. Many of us probably thought (hoped) he'd be a career Bill. He's not as good as he once was, but the timing is just weird...they could have done it in preseason. But releasing a team captain in the middle of the season, there will be guys in the locker room who aren't thrilled about it (Fred Jackson actually tweeted after the news came out "WTF??? Released Mooreman??? For What??" --later apologizing for the misspelling.)

Moorman though has signed with the Cowboys.

Old
09-27-2012, 09:24 AM
Unholy Diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
From a fan's perspective, it's tough because Moorman was literally THE only player worth a damn over the past 10 years. It was not uncommon to see Moorman jerseys...for a punter that's sort of insane. Many of us probably thought (hoped) he'd be a career Bill. He's not as good as he once was, but the timing is just weird...they could have done it in preseason. But releasing a team captain in the middle of the season, there will be guys in the locker room who aren't thrilled about it (Fred Jackson actually tweeted after the news came out "WTF??? Released Mooreman??? For What??" --later apologizing for the misspelling.)

Moorman though has signed with the Cowboys.
I understand that but its not like Moorman was the last remnant of a golden era of success, and considering Thurman Thomas and Bruce Smith ended their careers elsewhere I don't know how you can shed tears over a average punter

Old
09-27-2012, 09:28 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Gotta say ,, Bravo to Brandon Marshall for absolutely taking high road not being childish but coming back with an adult response and owning Sapp in process
Your homerism knows no bounds.

Old
09-27-2012, 09:43 AM
Gene Parmesan
Spider 2 Y Banana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Your homerism knows no bounds.
He says Cedric Benson is a criminal and shouldn't be in the NFL..sings the praises of Brandon Marshall's class and maturity.

Old
09-27-2012, 10:13 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Parmesan View Post
He says Cedric Benson is a criminal and shouldn't be in the NFL..sings the praises of Brandon Marshall's class and maturity.
Benson is a convicted criminal and shouldn't be in NFL

Marshall in this instance is right but I have never praised Marshall on these boards (Infact I was not happy with trade because of Marshall's past)

Old
09-27-2012, 11:52 PM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

So anyways, the, ahem, "high road" has led Marshall to apologize...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bears-w...0638--nfl.html

Old
09-28-2012, 12:36 AM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo View Post
So anyways, the, ahem, "high road" has led Marshall to apologize...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bears-w...0638--nfl.html
Once again he takes the "high road" by apologizing. That Brandon Marshall truly is a great man.

Old
09-28-2012, 09:16 PM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

Jaguars announced Black Alts will become Primary home jersey starting next week and the Teal will be reverted to ALT status. And they'll have black pants too.

I don't have a problem with black alts or black in general (if its part of the teams color scheme and not randomly added). But the Jags are TEAL, that's their identity.

The old teals were classic and they replaced them with this new stupid design recently and now they relegated teal a secondary color.

I'll be interested to see if this results in any backlash from the fan.

Old
09-28-2012, 09:23 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 157
Seems like pointless move by Jags

Old
09-28-2012, 09:23 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
MVP

vCash: 567
That's ridiculous for competitive reasons too...you play under the hot Florida sun, why dress in black?

Old
09-29-2012, 08:32 AM
VLoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRep TheWingedWheel View Post
Jaguars announced Black Alts will become Primary home jersey starting next week and the Teal will be reverted to ALT status. And they'll have black pants too.

I don't have a problem with black alts or black in general (if its part of the teams color scheme and not randomly added). But the Jags are TEAL, that's their identity.

The old teals were classic and they replaced them with this new stupid design recently and now they relegated teal a secondary color.

I imagine the thinking here is that Khan wants to establish a new identity with this team. There are a lot of negative connotations that comes with the Jags and establishing a new identity, granted it's going to need to be a winning one, will help dispel some of the notions about the team. As an aside, I've always loved their black jerseys way more than their teal, so I'm pretty pleased with the change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
That's ridiculous for competitive reasons too...you play under the hot Florida sun, why dress in black?
I remember reading about this a few years ago and I could absolutely be misremembering, but I'm pretty sure there was no real proven evidence to back up the idea that darker jerseys increase the temperature of the player or increase fatigue or whatever else people seem to correlate with darker jerseys in the heat.

Old
09-29-2012, 09:19 AM
Tony Romo

idk if it has been posted but cowboys have signed brian moorman

Old
09-29-2012, 02:45 PM
Rickety Cricket

Quote:

You could replace Jaguars with Sharks and your post would sound like many of the posts about the Sharks 2011 playoff run.

Old
09-29-2012, 06:22 PM
Oilbleeder
RattsSSV on the avy

vCash: 50
Not NFL, but thought this was cool.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--...r--not-qb.html

Quote:
One of the most dynamic offensive players in college football has zero touchdowns, zero catches, zero rushes and zero yards.

He's a walk-on who says he got scholarship offers from "Louisiana College and Arkansas I can't remember the name of it."

He's the heartbeat of one of the most explosive teams in the country. And he spent his Thursday at a job fair hoping to make connections in the construction industry.

It's easy to laugh at the idea of Stephen Warner, offensive lineman, being a college football superstar, but his Louisiana Tech offense is the only one in the nation to score 50 or more points in each of its first three games. It's 17-for-17 in red zone scoring (with 16 touchdowns) and it has scored eight touchdowns in less than a minute.

09-29-2012, 06:31 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 965
If the guy is calling plays, reading defenses, and such, there's no way NFL teams will ignore him. He'll at least get a shot if he wants it.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Old
09-29-2012, 08:20 PM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLoo View Post
I remember reading about this a few years ago and I could absolutely be misremembering, but I'm pretty sure there was no real proven evidence to back up the idea that darker jerseys increase the temperature of the player or increase fatigue or whatever else people seem to correlate with darker jerseys in the heat.
When I do yardwork in the Florida sun with a shirt on, I notice a difference when I wear a lighter-colored shirt compared to a darker-colored one. But that's just me.

Of course, my clothes aren't made to wick the water away and breathe and all that like NFL uniforms are, but still, I notice a difference.

Old
09-29-2012, 08:24 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 965
Quote:

The Jags don't have any identity.

But they're 10 years behind the black fad.

Old
09-30-2012, 05:58 AM
The Finnish MacInnis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Gotta say ,, Bravo to Brandon Marshall for absolutely taking high road not being childish but coming back with an adult response and owning Sapp in process
After all of your www.bffs told you otherwise, do you still think Marshall took anything remotely resembling the high road?

Old
09-30-2012, 08:02 AM
VLoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo View Post
When I do yardwork in the Florida sun with a shirt on, I notice a difference when I wear a lighter-colored shirt compared to a darker-colored one. But that's just me.

Of course, my clothes aren't made to wick the water away and breathe and all that like NFL uniforms are, but still, I notice a difference.
I certainly don't disagree, I notice a difference with the Canadian sun and a dark tshirt haha, but I think the study was showing that there is no tangible evidence that it effects overall performance or something. Like I said, it was a few years ago, but I think that was the overall jist.

Old
09-30-2012, 10:31 AM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLoo View Post
I certainly don't disagree, I notice a difference with the Canadian sun and a dark tshirt haha, but I think the study was showing that there is no tangible evidence that it effects overall performance or something. Like I said, it was a few years ago, but I think that was the overall jist.
It may not effect performance but darker colors do attract the sun more.

Old
10-01-2012, 02:12 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
MVP

vCash: 567
In the ''no ***** Sherlock'' department:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--we...rting-job.html

Quote:
Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Matt Cassel at least has one supporter left in coach Romeo Crennel. Beyond that, the fourth-year starter for the Chiefs is losing confidence from players and many others in the organization. In fact, if the team had a better alternative than Brady Quinn as the top backup, Cassel might have already found his way to the bench.

"Look, there's a big reason why they went after Peyton Manning as hard as they did this offseason," said a source with knowledge of Chiefs president Scott Pioli's thinking. "What you're seeing from Cassel is pretty much what was expected. He's a really nice backup, not a starter."

Old
10-02-2012, 03:11 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

a Yahoo column noted that the earliest any team has ever clinched their division was week 11 and that Houston has as good a chance as any to break that record this year.

Old
10-02-2012, 03:59 PM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

The Falcons actually have a bigger least in the NFC South than the Texans do in the AFC South.

Old
10-04-2012, 06:08 PM
Gooch

http://profootballmock.com/?p=4810

posted on the giants forum, I got a chuckle out of it.

Old
10-05-2012, 03:55 PM
Muh
Beadle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
http://profootballmock.com/?p=4810

posted on the giants forum, I got a chuckle out of it.
Came here to post this. I thought it was great.

The hockey GM one, at the trade deadling I think, was better. But this was still funny.

Closed Thread