HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Theodore to Toronto

Old
09-26-2012, 09:32 PM
harv3317

vCash: 500
theo, not to mention to a lesser degree clemmer absolutely carried us into the playoffs. i don't want to lose theo and to a lesser extent don't want to lose clemmer. both are cheap and more then adequate. we're in good position with markie in the wings and i have no need to see L in fl.

harv3317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 01:23 AM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Originally Posted by handyj View Post
I think it's a little early to start making Reimer to Cloutier comparisons. Give the guy a chance, he came on halfway through the season before last as an injury call-up basically and played great and almost got the Leafs to the playoffs. Started out last season where he left off, got hurt, and had a tough time after that. I think he deserves atleast one more full season where he can start out fresh and healthy and then we'll know which is the true Reimer.

Also in similar amounts of playing time in the AHL Reimer has put up very similar numbers (SV%-wise) to Markstrom and Bernier, yet Reimer is thought to be some turd goalie being propped up by Leaf fans on these boards, and Markstrom and Bernier are the second comings of Brodeur and Roy. I'm not saying all three are identical or anything, but the double standards on here are ridiculous.

That all being said, if Theodore came virtually free (like as a UFA after the lockout) then I wouldn't mind seeing him split some time with Reimer. But I don't think he does nearly enough to warrant trading actual assets like 2nd's or guys like Ashton. He was decent in FLA but he by no means carried them to the playoffs or anything.
Reimer started the season with a shutout. After that he was average all the way to his concussion. Then he was brutal after.

nhlfan9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 01:33 AM
Pyrophorus

Send a message via MSN to Pyrophorus Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrophorus Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrophorus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post
Let's assume that he will waive to go to Toronto. What is the value of Theodore?
Noooooooooooooooooo!

Not that Florida Keeper.

Pyrophorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 01:35 AM
Pyrophorus

Send a message via MSN to Pyrophorus Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrophorus Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrophorus
Quote:
Can only blame so much on the guy.
True.

So Much

Old
09-27-2012, 01:41 AM
Pyrophorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
I'd blame a few things. First would be Ron Wilson. The man clearly had no clue how to coach a defensive system, all about offense. There's a reason why he got the boot in San Jose, he doesn't get the job done. Yes, I am aware he had some solid PK years in San Jose btw. Second, the defense. On paper over the years the Leafs haven't looked that bad. Middle of the pack. to potentially a top 10 defense in the league(on paper). third is the actualy goaltending. When you combine the first two and their lack of success, odds are you'll stink in net no matter who you have. I'm not going to sit here and praise Reimer or whomever we've had between the pipes but I understand that watching game after game that the coaching and defense has been awful for several years.

No goalie can survive this. I do know one thing, it's a hell of a lot easier to blame the goalie(s) than it is to blame an entire defensiv system or the entire dman crew. Randy Carlyle should fix most of this all be it while sacrificing some offense which is fine. The Leafs have been pretty damn good post-lockout scoring goals despite popular belief and how all these morons yell that we need a "number one center" and that's all they have to say. What this team needs is a defensive system.
A-freaking-Men!

Old
09-27-2012, 05:32 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrophorus View Post
Noooooooooooooooooo!

Not that Florida Keeper.
What?

09-27-2012, 05:46 AM
mytor4*

Quote:
Let's assume that he will waive to go to Toronto. What is the value of Theodore?
Rielly + late rd pick for Theo sounds fair.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 07:39 AM
Karitimes
JetsJetsJets

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmitri View Post
Theo would get eaten alive in Toronto!
Yeah right! He's the only goalie who's ever had a Hart/Vezina season in a Canadian market.

I think he's the perfect fit for ANY team that should look at next couple years as 'competitive develepment' years. He's done nothing but improve and bring his game back to NHL quality level since the last lockout. He won't cost much to acquire or have on the books, and at least he provides competition and opportunity for the young guys. Opportunity and competition that would be forgone if it was a big ticket guy coming in to assume the role.

Karitimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 02:35 PM
IceManCat
A New Era

Because of him and Clemmer we made the playoffs last year. I still don't think he has much value, if were out of the race by the deadline and hes willing to waive could see him going for a mid-round pick. I doubt we would trade him before the season no real reason unless Toronto overpays, but that wouldn't happen

IceManCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 11:14 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
Rielly + late rd pick for Theo sounds fair.
Resist urge to counter including trashing Habs, 99% complete, and 100. Got lucky this time

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 10:46 AM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceManCat View Post
Because of him and Clemmer we made the playoffs last year. I still don't think he has much value, if were out of the race by the deadline and hes willing to waive could see him going for a mid-round pick. I doubt we would trade him before the season no real reason unless Toronto overpays, but that wouldn't happen
Disagree. He could easily bring in a early draft pick. He's a guy who continues to prove he can handle the pressure of getting a team to the playoffs.

Old
09-28-2012, 12:51 PM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
Disagree. He could easily bring in a early draft pick. He's a guy who continues to prove he can handle the pressure of getting a team to the playoffs.
I'd like to see your evidence that suggests he could bring an early draft pick in a trade at the deadline. I looked back for the last 3 yrs, and no goalie like Theo has been traded for anything more than deal involving a 4th rounder.

Because most goalies that would be traded at the deadline wouldnt be worth much to start with. Add in the fact that Theodore isnt exactly a young goalie and has stated that he'd like to retire with the Panthers. Unless he gets traded early in the season and only if a team is desparate because they lost their starter, would you see Theo get traded for an early draft pick.

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 01:32 PM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
I'd like to see your evidence that suggests he could bring an early draft pick in a trade at the deadline. I looked back for the last 3 yrs, and no goalie like Theo has been traded for anything more than deal involving a 4th rounder.

Because most goalies that would be traded at the deadline wouldnt be worth much to start with. Add in the fact that Theodore isnt exactly a young goalie and has stated that he'd like to retire with the Panthers. Unless he gets traded early in the season and only if a team is desparate because they lost their starter, would you see Theo get traded for an early draft pick.
This is a Theodore to Toronto thread. And he is easily worth a second round pick to a team looking to make the playoffs. Not sure why your bringing up the deadline. I said nothing about it. I'm a Panther fan. You don't think I know Theodore wants to retire a Panther? This is a discussion board. And his value to a team like Toronto is a 2nd round pick at least.

Old
09-28-2012, 02:11 PM
PanthersHockey1
Bond.

I dont really see a scenario where panthers need to dump off theodore. I think its very likely that should a trade with luongo happen clemmensen would very happily pack his bags for vancouver and be an excellent back up to Corey Schneider there as he was in New Jersey and in Florida. Luongo and Theodore would be the tandem for the next 1-2 seasons depending on Markstrom's progress.

But for discussion sake a 2nd-3rd rounder is what I would be happy with.

PanthersHockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 09:33 PM
kthsn

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 View Post
Luongo and Theodore would be the tandem for the next 1-2 seasons depending on Markstrom's progress.
That would be ideal.

You really don't want to over work Luongo and with Theodore a 50/32 split is more than do-able.

With that you can ship off Theo for what Roloson got (good prospect + pick).

kthsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 10:41 PM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
This is a Theodore to Toronto thread. And he is easily worth a second round pick to a team looking to make the playoffs. Not sure why your bringing up the deadline. I said nothing about it. I'm a Panther fan. You don't think I know Theodore wants to retire a Panther? This is a discussion board. And his value to a team like Toronto is a 2nd round pick at least.
You really should go back and re-read what the person you were replying to said. He was the one saying to move Theo at the deadline and you said it would garner more than a mid round pick. I just replied to your comment based on his comment. Whether you are a panther fan or not (I'm a STH so I got to watch plenty of Theo last yr), you didn't really back up your statement about why he was worth more than a mid round pick.

I doubt Toronto (or any team which is why I was saying it that way) would be willing to pay more than a 4th round pick for a guy that is around 35 yrs old, has a NTC and has publicly stated his desire to stay with a team and at the deadline where he would be worth less because if Toronto was a playoff team, why would they need him as a starter? Logic and history dictate that you are misguided to think that Toronto would give up that much for Theo. I think if you're lucky you could get a 3rd rounder for him in a future draft (aka not 2013).

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote