HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tyler Myers

Old
09-26-2012, 10:20 PM
Elever
Hth

vCash: 500
I don't think the Avs have any single player whose value matches Myers including Landeskog or Duchene. I guess no1 C = no1 D in most cases but not sure if Duchene is proven enough as a number one C yet plus Buffalo probably doesn't need to make that risk considering they have Ennis/Grigorenko/Hodgson. It'd have to be a package deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MastuhNinks View Post
I'm not denying that Myers has more upside than Luke Schenn (mainly because of his offensive game), but for someone that's only 3 months younger than him and considerably more hyped, Myers really hasn't proven to be any more capable than Schenn defensively.

You can question if Myers will be a 50+ pt dman but questioning his defensive ability outside of one 3-month long sophomore slump is pretty pathetic.

Go download some games from the latter stages of last season where Myers was healthy and watch him play (take note of Sekera and Ehrhoff as well).

And if I'm Edmonton then yeah I'd trade Eberle or Hall for Myers. Not necessarily because he's better than them but they have 3 friggin 1st line wingers there assuming Yakupov develops into that and they have a bad defence.

Elever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 10:29 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:

Eberle is the same age as Myers and he is already in the upper echelon of players in his position, Myers has shown upside but he was average at best this past season.

Subban is a much more effective defensively and has already proven that he can be depended upon in a top pairing role. It's a wash offensively IMO, I could see someone taking Myers but personally I think Subban has higher upside in this department.

Hall is a 1st overall pick who played at a 72 point pace as a 20 year old this past season, the only players to produce at a better pace at that age since the lockout are Crosby, Ovechkin, Stamkos, Malkin, Kopitar, Bergeron and Kane. Suggesting Myers is worth more than a likely franchise player in Hall (if the above list is any indication) is laughable.

Myers at the age of 22 has had 1 good season and two okay seasons, lets not get carried away with his praise here.
Lmao, and what has Eberle done? The exact same thing, he's had one good season and people already peg him as a 80+ pt forward. Gimme a break.

The guy puts up an incredible, and I mean incredible rookie season and people expect him to replicate that season year in and year out at the age of 20. Subban is put into a top pairing role because Markov has been injured for the past year and a half. Who else is going to fill in on a top pairing? He is not better defensively than Myers.

Last edited by Stop Winnin: 09-26-2012 at 10:34 PM.
Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 10:41 PM
tsujimoto74

Unnecessary thread is unnecessary. Myers isn't going anywhere.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 10:46 PM
MastuhNinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietCompany View Post

You can question if Myers will be a 50+ pt dman but questioning his defensive ability outside of one 3-month long sophomore slump is pretty pathetic.

Go download some games from the latter stages of last season where Myers was healthy and watch him play (take note of Sekera and Ehrhoff as well).

And if I'm Edmonton then yeah I'd trade Eberle or Hall for Myers. Not necessarily because he's better than them but they have 3 friggin 1st line wingers there assuming Yakupov develops into that and they have a bad defence.
Myers as a 21 year old ('11/'12): 0.279 Corsi Rel QoC
Schenn as a 21 year old ('10/'11): 0.392 Corsi Rel QoC

The point is both players have been inconsistent defensively throughout their careers (I'll concede Schenn is more inconsistent) Myers somehow gets the benefit of the doubt whereas people just think Schenn sucks even though there's only a 3 month age difference between them. I believe Myers will be a much better defensemen by virtue of his offensive skill, but I don't think they're that far off defensively.

MastuhNinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 10:46 PM
DJN21

I was lost at Subban is better defensively lol...Myers poke checks plays away about 4 feet before Subban even engages defenders let alone loses pansy battles to Marchand

DJN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 10:53 PM
tempest2i
Feral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
Lmao, and what has Eberle done?
Lead his team in points for five consecutive years.

For a guy who's modus operandi is purely on the offensive side of things he's doing pretty much as expected.

tempest2i is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 10:58 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest2i View Post
Lead his team in points for five consecutive years.

For a guy who's modus operandi is purely on the offensive side of things he's doing pretty much as expected.
We're talking about the only thing that matters here which is the NHL, and how is Eberle leading his team in scoring relevant at all when you're comparing what their careers have looked like up until now. Eberle has had one breakout season which was last year, Myers had a breakout season which was his rookie year. Do you understand what I'm trying to say??

Old
09-26-2012, 11:06 PM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
We're talking about the only thing that matters here which is the NHL, and how is Eberle leading his team in scoring relevant at all when you're comparing what their careers have looked like up until now. Eberle has had one breakout season which was last year, Myers had a breakout season which was his rookie year. Do you understand what I'm trying to say??
Umm, Jordan Eberle is a textbook example of how you want any young professional athlete to progress. He's gotten better every year at every level he's played at INCLUDING the NHL. Not sure what your point is at all. Of coarse leading your team in points is relevant.

nhlfan9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 11:24 PM
tempest2i
Feral

Quote:
I'm not really following you here.

In Eberle's rookie season he went straight from the WHL to leading his NHL team in points. That would easily fall under "breakout season" in most books.

Then he went on to finish top 20 league-wide in points in his sophomore season.

No biggie, just the nice steady development of an offensive player.

tempest2i is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 11:42 PM
Montreal Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJN21 View Post
I was lost at Subban is better defensively lol...Myers poke checks plays away about 4 feet before Subban even engages defenders let alone loses pansy battles to Marchand
Maybe you should check Subban's advanced stats before making such claims. He and Gorges were in the top 3 in QualComp and did fairly well.

Montreal Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 11:46 PM
vespa99

Quote:
Yes, you are trying to say that it is just as good for a player to get worse every year as it is for a player to get better every year as long as they have a good year somewhere in there? Do I have it right?

vespa99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 12:19 AM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa99 View Post
Yes, you are trying to say that it is just as good for a player to get worse every year as it is for a player to get better every year as long as they have a good year somewhere in there? Do I have it right?
It's flying over your head entirely... I'm saying that Eberle has had one good year just like Myers and has proven just as much as Myers has but somehow has a huge monumental value compared to Myers.

Myers had a 48 pt campaign as a rookie, do you really expect him to be able to perform at a higher level than that at 20 yrs old?

I agree that Eberle has slightly higher value right now than Myers, but people blow their respective value out of proportion.

Old
09-27-2012, 12:34 AM
vespa99

Quote:
It's flying over your head entirely... I'm saying that Eberle has had one good year just like Myers and has proven just as much as Myers has but somehow has a huge monumental value compared to Myers.

Myers had a 48 pt campaign as a rookie, do you really expect him to be able to perform at a higher level than that at 20 yrs old?

I agree that Eberle has slightly higher value right now than Myers, but people blow their respective value out of proportion.

No it was not flying over my head. I understood what you where getting at but thought it was rediculous as my sarcastic reply shows. Sorry but I guess you missed the sarcasm without an Emo to guide you.
As far as your point I have trouble agreeing with the notion that a guy that has one good season and then 2 meh ones is on the same track as a guy that seems to improve every year. I like my young players to show progress. Not regression.

vespa99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 02:33 AM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa99 View Post
No it was not flying over my head. I understood what you where getting at but thought it was rediculous as my sarcastic reply shows. Sorry but I guess you missed the sarcasm without an Emo to guide you.
As far as your point I have trouble agreeing with the notion that a guy that has one good season and then 2 meh ones is on the same track as a guy that seems to improve every year. I like my young players to show progress. Not regression.
So what you're saying is you haven't watched Myers at all?

Old
09-27-2012, 02:43 AM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Myers as a 21 year old ('11/'12): 0.279 Corsi Rel QoC
Schenn as a 21 year old ('10/'11): 0.392 Corsi Rel QoC

The point is both players have been inconsistent defensively throughout their careers (I'll concede Schenn is more inconsistent) Myers somehow gets the benefit of the doubt whereas people just think Schenn sucks even though there's only a 3 month age difference between them. I believe Myers will be a much better defensemen by virtue of his offensive skill, but I don't think they're that far off defensively.
That comes from actually watching them play. In a head-to-head comparison of their skill sets, Myers is easily ahead of Schenn. Myers' skating blows Schenn's out of the water. Myers has significantly more creativity with the puck and offensive skill. Myers is also bigger and has a longer reach. The only skill Schenn might be better at is hitting/physical play.
Not trying to put down Schenn too much, but he's not even close to Myers. If he gets back on track in Philly, he'll be a solid 2-4 shutdown defender. Myers has "franchise" level potential and possesses the overall better toolset.

Last edited by tsujimoto74: 09-27-2012 at 03:04 AM.
Old
09-27-2012, 05:08 AM
SupermanPahlsson

Bobby Ryan, Sami Vatanen + 3rd for Myers, Catenacci.

SupermanPahlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 05:15 AM
Man Bear Pig

probably something based around Kadri and Colborne along with A Finn,Blacker,Biggs type I suppose. An 'A' prospect plus a 'B' although Sabres fans are right here, there's almost no chance he's moved. Too much potential. He'll be a minute eater.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 05:52 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanPahlsson View Post
Bobby Ryan, Sami Vatanen + 3rd for Myers, Catenacci.
Considering that our biggest need at the moment is a top six left wing, I don't see any way that something like this materializes in the near future. I can't imagine Buffalo would go for it, either.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 06:04 AM
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream

Send a message via Skype™ to Ave Maria
Del Zotto, Hagelin, and 2013 2nd?

Ave Maria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 06:06 AM
bassassin

Would be great to get him to Tampa, but price would be too much.

A Hedman-Myers pairing would be incredible!

bassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 06:20 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Buffalo is only interested in a massive overpayment.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 07:30 AM
BigMacJokinen

Quote:
Originally Posted by o 16 Avery NYR o View Post
Del Zotto, Hagelin, and 2013 2nd?
More like Del Zotto+Kreider..

BigMacJokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 07:41 AM
McTankel
HFBoards Sponsor

6'8'' and can do things like this, not to mention playing against the other teams top offensive players. He also won Calder two years ago, his value is pretty high to us Sabres fans.

McTankel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 08:14 AM
SupermanPahlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Considering that our biggest need at the moment is a top six left wing, I don't see any way that something like this materializes in the near future. I can't imagine Buffalo would go for it, either.
Yeah, I figured. Just wanted to see if the value was close.

SupermanPahlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 08:38 AM
Sundinisagod
tanknation

I think Pronger was about the same age when he was traded for Shanahan. From Toronto I think something based around Kessel or Gardiner/Rielly + 1st would be the price.

Sundinisagod is online now   Reply With Quote