HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: Klaus Catsby, Esquire

Closed Thread

Old
09-26-2012, 03:37 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
That's what I love about amusement park crowds...I keep getting older and they get younger and younger...yes they do, yes they do.
I just realized its wednesday. Shouldn't 12-16 year olds be in school?

Old
09-26-2012, 03:45 PM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
I just realized its wednesday. Shouldn't 12-16 year olds be in school?
That's what my post was alluding to...haha.

I feel like I'm at Duff Gardens - where roaming gangs aren't a big problem anymore!

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Old
09-26-2012, 04:04 PM
lastcupever75
NY Roadkill

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZappBrannigan View Post
love that scene

Old
09-26-2012, 07:06 PM
invictus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassius View Post
Haha - damn.. that is harsh. You certainly aren't in their good graces.
Yeah. Basically, the job has been absolutely brutal due to a complete lack of integrity from my direct supervisor all the way up to the executive director. I guess their thought was I'd just take it and deal with it. Nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florentino Ariza View Post
It depends on the circumstances, but that seems like a bad way to handle your employees, at least from my perspective. There could be something I am missing, however, in general you really can tell which companies treat their employees right. Employers get what they put in. If they treat their employees like adults, pay them a fair wage, consider their suggestions, give them a little bit of flexibility so there's a good work/life balance, and treat them with respect....they will get that back in terms of productivity, good work, and loyalty (generally speaking).
Yep. I was unhappy, so I wanted to make a change. I tried to be professional about it. I still am trying. Today I sat in my office for 8 and a half hours waiting for my supervisor to come in so I could give the passdown. Nothing but a string of emails saying "I will be in soon" the entire day. I think me not regretting leaving one iota makes me know I made the right choice

Old
09-26-2012, 08:38 PM
Sh00terMcGavin
Snake? Snaaaaaaake!

Rocky IV ended the Cold War. FACT.

Old
09-26-2012, 10:28 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Anyone see tonight's South Park episode?

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
Old
09-26-2012, 10:35 PM
Tasty Biscuits
with fancy sauce

....Yup, hahah

Old
09-26-2012, 10:44 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Friendly Compass!

Old
09-26-2012, 10:45 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Anyone want some Sketti?

Old
09-26-2012, 10:54 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

vCash: 50
call me square but these days Charlie Rose is the only late night talk show that i regularly watch.

Old
09-26-2012, 11:33 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
South Park was hilarious.

Old
09-26-2012, 11:37 PM
DegenX
#FireMorehouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
Anyone want some Sketti?

Yeah ... ketchup and butter ... not even real butter, but Oleo? I can't decide which is more disgusting.

And, yes, more disgusting than the road kill bit ... I live in Appalachia, granted, on the fringe of, but Appalachia none the less. There are still people around here who eat possum, and it's legal to pick up road kill, although most people actually hunt rather than cruise the roads with a trailer and a shovel.

Last edited by DegenX: 09-26-2012 at 11:42 PM.
Old
09-27-2012, 12:23 AM
Coach John McGuirk
Bylstarded

Jesus ****ing Christ, are those people even real, let alone have their own show?

****, no wonder this country has gone to ****.

Old
09-27-2012, 01:00 AM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

Quote:
Originally Posted by DegenX View Post
I live in Appalachia, granted, on the fringe of, but Appalachia none the less.
The majority of this board can say that. Pittsburgh is technically Appalachia.

Onto more sophisticatered things...I had my first film course at UCLA tonight and for the first time I actually feel like LA isn't completely worthless.

Old
09-27-2012, 01:11 AM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

Quote:
Onto more sophisticatered things...I had my first film course at UCLA tonight and for the first time I actually feel like LA isn't completely worthless.
watch anything good?

Old
09-27-2012, 01:27 AM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

We didn't watch anything, actually, as the introductory course we discussed our backgrounds and what made us want to be television writers, which led off to a ton of different tangents (the teacher lived with one of the student's brothers in the 80s).

Apparently the primary influence in me wanting to be a television writer is:

Old
09-27-2012, 01:36 AM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

sycophant 1: it's a triumph of your will.
sycophant 2: it's ok.

brilliant.

figured as much with regards to watching anything but you never know. sometimes they open things up with some nifty clips. i only ever took one film class. Russian Film. the professor died after the second week and a guy from the Modern Languages department was appointed to take her place. he basically made the course an exercise in self study. was pretty disappointing actually. luckily between CMU's library, Pitt's library and the main branch of the Carnegie Library (god i loved that library) i was able to get the DVDs for everything on the original syllabus.

Last edited by Crafton: 09-27-2012 at 01:49 AM.
Old
09-27-2012, 01:46 AM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

I think this is the only film class I've ever taken that didn't have at least some clips. We were supposed to, but the tangents took up way too much time. The syllabus had us watching the Heroes pilot, but he also told us to ignore the syllabus so who knows.

The only negative for me is that there's only a couple of us in the class that are more comedy-driven and wanting to write 30 minute shows and the teacher has a long career working on hour-long shows.

I completely forgot that the starting point of the Happy Delly episode was that Ralph Bighead had to create a pilot episode to fulfill his contract. That could have led to another 30 minute tangent tonight.

Last edited by Big McLargehuge: 09-27-2012 at 01:53 AM.
Old
09-27-2012, 02:03 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Crafton View Post
call me square but these days Charlie Rose is the only late night talk show that i regularly watch.
I have no idea who that is. But Conan is better.

Old
09-27-2012, 02:05 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
I think this is the only film class I've ever taken that didn't have at least some clips. We were supposed to, but the tangents took up way too much time. The syllabus had us watching the Heroes pilot, but he also told us to ignore the syllabus so who knows.

The only negative for me is that there's only a couple of us in the class that are more comedy-driven and wanting to write 30 minute shows and the teacher has a long career working on hour-long shows.

I completely forgot that the starting point of the Happy Delly episode was that Ralph Bighead had to create a pilot episode to fulfill his contract. That could have led to another 30 minute tangent tonight.
I will never forgive the writers strike for completely ruining heroes. Granted, it was pretty much doomed from the start of season 2. But damn, that show had so much potential.

Old
09-27-2012, 02:06 AM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

Quote:
I have no idea who that is. But Conan is better.
bite your tongue.

Old
09-27-2012, 02:43 AM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

Quote:
I will never forgive the writers strike for completely ruining heroes. Granted, it was pretty much doomed from the start of season 2. But damn, that show had so much potential.
See, I always saw that as a one-and-done type of show. High-concepts like that rarely age well. Hell, Lost was nothing more than a painful punch to the groin by the end of it's run. They'd exhausted every good idea by the second season.

That and you could find better acting from mid-90s History Channel dramatizations than on that show.

Old
09-27-2012, 03:13 AM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

Edgar Rice Burroughs is cool and all but it saddens me that when people hear the name John Carter they don't think about the greatest clarinetist of the twentieth century but rather of a terrible Disney film.

Last edited by Crafton: 09-27-2012 at 03:42 AM.
Old
09-27-2012, 05:34 AM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Insomnia sucks. That is all.

Old
09-27-2012, 10:36 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
See, I always saw that as a one-and-done type of show. High-concepts like that rarely age well. Hell, Lost was nothing more than a painful punch to the groin by the end of it's run. They'd exhausted every good idea by the second season.

That and you could find better acting from mid-90s History Channel dramatizations than on that show.
Ya both would have been way better if they were originally written to be 1-3 seasons each with a clear beginning and end already planned.

Granted, I still liked Lost at the end. There was a lot of garbage in the middle, but there were still some amazing episodes as the years went on. I thought it did a good job to pick back up once the ending was announced. Dexter is looking to follow the same mold. Awesome beginning, pretty rough in the middle but (crosses fingers) the last two seasons are looking promising.

I mean I'm no writer, but it seems to me like the middle will always be tough in those shows. The beginning gets to introduce everything and everything is fresh. The end you can start doing whatever you want to do to lead you to the finish line. But in the middle you are just dragging your feet basically.

Closed Thread