HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Finland

SM-Liiga 2012-13 (general talk)

Old
09-23-2012, 10:06 AM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

vCash: 500
Anyone looking to be the new President at TPS?

http://tyopaikat.oikotie.fi/avoimet-...johtaja/658639

vsk92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 10:57 AM
master4071

Two quick questions...what's with Pokka?...and why I didn't notice any golden helmet during the highlights?

master4071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 01:57 PM
Tormentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by master4071 View Post
Two quick questions...what's with Pokka?...and why I didn't notice any golden helmet during the highlights?
Pokka had a concussion in a pre-season game, returned to ice this weekend with juniors. Golden helmets aren't used in the first few games of the season.

Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 10:45 AM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

Valtteri Filppula get's his first point (assist) on Ilari's goal

In the IFK v Assat match - Ortio has made some nice saves to deny Assat a deserved lead

Last edited by vsk92: 09-25-2012 at 12:50 PM.
Old
09-25-2012, 12:49 PM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

IFK win 2-1

Awesome game by Joni Ortio
Markus Granlund also had a decent game

Good win but Assat made it a very hard game

Old
09-25-2012, 04:56 PM
habsrule4eva3089

Came across this pretty cool video of a time lapse of an entire game! All those flags being waved at the beginning and throughout the game does everyone just have those or they're given out before the games or what?! Lol and that huge jersey who brings that?~! And how much is a pizza or a similar snack and a beer at the concession stands lol just wondering!!!!!

habsrule4eva3089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 05:33 PM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

Usually it's a fan club/ultras (most loud supporters of the arena) of the team that get the resources together don't know if the club actually helps (they might by selling raffle tickets or something like that)

Don't know what Jokerits main fan club is called

Old
09-26-2012, 12:24 AM
LOFIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsk92 View Post
Usually it's a fan club/ultras (most loud supporters of the arena) of the team that get the resources together don't know if the club actually helps (they might by selling raffle tickets or something like that)

Don't know what Jokerits main fan club is called
Eteläpääty (The Southern end?) is the name of the Jokerit ultras group. These groups in Europe plan, and carry out these "decorations" (called tifos by the way) themselves, the clubs don't have anything to do with them, eccept they may help the fans by letting them in the arena/stadium before match to make everything ready. This European style supporter culture is quite new here in Finland with the chants and tifos etc, but it really brings up the atmosphere a lot.

Here's a video which shows the Jokerit group during the first game:

These kind of tifos require a lot of work, they have to be patched together and painted, and it takes a lot of time and money (hundreds of euros, this tifo I think I read cost something like 2000€).

Here's a video showing the Jokerit fans during that game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XpRy...eature=related

These tifos are not made for every game. They serve a certain type of purpose, and then they are scratched. They usually have a certain message. I don't know what it was with this tifo (a supporter holding up a scarf), I guess they just wanted to show their dedicationg to the club. For an example in the opening game of the season at Rauma, their fans made a tifo for Petri Vehanen, a goalie returning to his home club after playing two years in the KHL and winning WC etc:

The text says: "Always one home - Äijänsuo", Äijänsuo is the name of their arena (or the location of the arena rather).

LOFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 01:24 AM
Finnpin

Eteläpääty is not ultras just the name of the fan section group. Jokerit used to have more hardcore "Ultras Jokerit" group and some of the guys are still in with Eteläpääty.

Eteläpääty is clearly the front runners in fan culture in SM-Liiga and the most biggest one. In Mestis Vaasan Sport club's: Red Army is other top level fan group.

Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 01:35 AM
LOFIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnpin View Post
Eteläpääty is not ultras just the name of the fan section group. Jokerit used to have more hardcore "Ultras Jokerit" group and some of the guys are still in with Eteläpääty.

Eteläpääty is clearly the front runners in fan culture in SM-Liiga and the most biggest one. In Mestis Vaasan Sport club's: Red Army is other top level fan group.
Well it was a bit of a generalization. Ok, Eteläpääty is a supporter group consisting of many people, some more ultra than others, but overall you could just call them ultras.

Old
09-26-2012, 07:15 AM
Juzmo
rip

vCash: 6969
Quote:
IFK win 2-1

Awesome game by Joni Ortio
Markus Granlund also had a decent game

Good win but Assat made it a very hard game
Yeah, goalies made the difference that game. Not really mad since other than scoring it was a good game by Ässät overall.

Last edited by Juzmo: 09-26-2012 at 07:25 AM.
Juzmo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 04:22 PM
Kloparren
Hth

Does anyone know where I can get peripheral stats like TOI (ice-time) for SM-Liiga or even SEL? Preferrably in English if possible.

Kloparren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 05:41 PM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietCompany View Post
Does anyone know where I can get peripheral stats like TOI (ice-time) for SM-Liiga or even SEL? Preferrably in English if possible.
It's not English but it's not too hard to figure out

http://www.sm-liiga.fi/tilastot/koko...=&l=k_peliaika

Aika is the time & it's average time

If you want game by game ice time of players, on the home page above the game list of that day is Edelliset (which is game before) and click on that then click on the game you're interested in and it should take you to a page like

Say you wanted to see Pelicans player ice time v HPK from the 25th

http://www.sm-liiga.fi/ottelut/tilastot/37549.html

and then go all the way down and it shows you there

Old
09-26-2012, 05:53 PM
habsrule4eva3089

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOFIN View Post

The text says: "Always one home - Äijänsuo", Äijänsuo is the name of their arena (or the location of the arena rather).
That is so cool! What about during the playoffs, is it more common to send a message or have signs or should I say Tifo's?! I always hear songs being sung in Sweden during the games there, do clubs in Finland have anthems as well or something similar?!? Is Jokerit the team with the most rambunctious fans?! Lol they seem to be the Montreal of Finland lol!

habsrule4eva3089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 10:54 PM
Kloparren
Hth

Quote:
It's not English but it's not too hard to figure out

http://www.sm-liiga.fi/tilastot/koko...=&l=k_peliaika

Aika is the time & it's average time
That works thank you.

Do you mind if I ask you two more categories, blocked shots if they count them and hits and what the translation for those is on that chart?

Old
09-27-2012, 09:14 AM
LOFIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule4eva3089 View Post
That is so cool! What about during the playoffs, is it more common to send a message or have signs or should I say Tifo's?! I always hear songs being sung in Sweden during the games there, do clubs in Finland have anthems as well or something similar?!? Is Jokerit the team with the most rambunctious fans?! Lol they seem to be the Montreal of Finland lol!
As I said, this type of supporter culture is a new phenomena here in Finland, the oldest groups were founded somewhere before 2005 but their popularity has grown greatly in the recent years. For an example, the group behind that Vehanen tifo was founded in the spring of 2011.

These tifos are made when something important is about to happen or it's a good time to make one. Ofcourse some soccer clubs in Europe with large ultras groups do tifos more often but not so much here in Finland.

Old
09-27-2012, 11:10 AM
QnebO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOFIN View Post
As I said, this type of supporter culture is a new phenomena here in Finland, the oldest groups were founded somewhere before 2005 but their popularity has grown greatly in the recent years. For an example, the group behind that Vehanen tifo was founded in the spring of 2011.

These tifos are made when something important is about to happen or it's a good time to make one. Ofcourse some soccer clubs in Europe with large ultras groups do tifos more often but not so much here in Finland.
I think as long as I remember, KalPa has had the drum-squad there and they are part of some kind of active fan group I think (today called Musta Verkosto). But those tifos might be new thing.

QnebO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 11:13 AM
Kloparren
Hth

A user here Pajicz was nice enough to send me his predictions for how the teams look. Just wondering how this changes with the 3 Danes signing? Keep in mind that Boedker looked like he was gonna have a breakout in the NHL this season and can probably be a PPG in the SM-Liiga. So Lukko move up but I dunno how much:

Top teams:
Jokerit
Kärpät
JYP

Challengers:
Tappara
Ässät
KalPa

Mid-table:
Lukko
Pelicans
TPS
HIFK

Lower end:
Blues
SaiPa
HPK

Worst:
Ilves

Old
09-27-2012, 11:29 AM
QnebO

Quote:
A user here Pajicz was nice enough to send me his predictions for how the teams look. Just wondering how this changes with the 3 Danes signing? Keep in mind that Boedker looked like he was gonna have a breakout in the NHL this season and can probably be a PPG in the SM-Liiga. So Lukko move up but I dunno how much:

Top teams:
Jokerit
Kärpät
JYP

Challengers:
Tappara
Ässät
KalPa

Mid-table:
Lukko
Pelicans
TPS
HIFK

Lower end:
Blues
SaiPa
HPK

Worst:
Ilves
KalPa might still catch Scott Hartnell and Kimmo Timonen, they'll make a difference if it happens.

Jokerit is going to be tough on paper, and newest rumours say they're adding Tuomo Ruutu and Teemu Selänne in the next wave.

Any rumours on Stamkos? He would've played in Ässät but they rejected due to economical side of it.

Old
09-27-2012, 12:29 PM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

4 wins in a row for IFK

Last edited by vsk92: 09-27-2012 at 01:21 PM.
Old
09-27-2012, 05:37 PM
Juzmo
rip

vCash: 6969
Damn I'm waiting for Tommi Taimi to get better so badly right now. That Malkamäki-Honkanen pairing is just absolutely awful to the extreme. A shame that Honkanen was voted to be an assistant captain and will likely play +50 games again this season if stays healthy even when we will have Parkkonen and Taimi healthy and ready to go. Malkamäki seems to be the next Mielonen or whatever and nothing is just working for him, but won't likely get a huge amount of games once Taimi gets ready.

/rant

At least we have Jesse, who is super awesome.

Juzmo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 09:35 AM
QnebO

Karlson was Decent, not that special in the first peroid. But then he got the chance and scored right away, top corner from the slot, wirstshot.

Looks very good, hes just gonna get better. Just got to finland this morning after all.

Pass by V. Filppula and I. FIlppula

Old
09-29-2012, 09:40 AM
Tuomaz

Quote:

Top teams:
Jokerit
Kärpät
JYP

Challengers:
Tappara
Ässät
KalPa

Mid-table:
Lukko
Pelicans
TPS
HIFK

Lower end:
Blues
SaiPa
HPK

Worst:
Ilves

Blues in lower end Lets see if Jalonen has balls to invite Ramsted to national games.

Tuomaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 11:24 AM
Kloparren
Hth

Can anyone give me an update on 3 guys named Mario Scalzo, Palmroth, and Janne Hauhtonen on TPS and also why the team is doing so bad so far this season?

Also Laatikainen the Blues captain? Is he injured or retired?

Last edited by Kloparren: 09-29-2012 at 11:37 AM.
Old
09-29-2012, 12:25 PM
glassbangers
"I home."

vCash: 50
Quote:
Can anyone give me an update on 3 guys named Mario Scalzo, Palmroth, and Janne Hauhtonen on TPS and also why the team is doing so bad so far this season?

Also Laatikainen the Blues captain? Is he injured or retired?
Mario Scalzo - Free agent at the moment. I haven't seen any news about Scalzo after last season.
Markus Palmroth - Injured (fatique syndrome). Should be playing after christmas.
Janne Hauhtonen - Same as Scalzo.

Laatikainen is injured. Nothing serious though. A guy from Colombia (Camilo Miettinen) replaces Laatikainen as a captain.

Edit. Oh yeah and TPS. Their defensive game has been horrible so far. A ******** of stupid mistakes in every game. Luckily for TPS Jarno Paven isn't in the lineup anymore but they should get rid of Timo Seppänen. Also coach Pekka Virta has been bad.

Their second-line center Tero Koskiranta hasn't done so well. TPS has couple of points only because of Antero Niittymäki and Brian Willsie (5 games 5 goals).

glassbangers is offline   Reply With Quote