HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kevin Shattenkirk to the Flyers

Old
09-27-2012, 09:07 AM
SheasRebellion6

vCash: 500
Kevin Shattenkirk to the Flyers

The title explains the thread.

SheasRebellion6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 09:19 AM
tututooter21

Coburn would probably intice the blues

tututooter21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 09:23 AM
gdsmack267

Quote:
Originally Posted by tututooter21 View Post
Coburn would probably intice the blues
Flyers getting Shattenkirk while giving up Coburn makes no sense for them. It would be a forward going the other way as the main piece.

gdsmack267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 09:23 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 50
We have no depth on the right after Peto, Shatty, and Polak. He is not available.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 09:31 AM
Vladys Gumption

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdsmack267 View Post
Flyers getting Shattenkirk while giving up Coburn makes no sense for them. It would be a forward going the other way as the main piece.
Which is exactly the same situation for the Blues. Long story short, I don't see either Coburn or Shattenkirk moved. Although I have to admit, I salivate at the idea of Coburn being paired with Petro.

Vladys Gumption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 09:33 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
We have no depth on the right after Peto, Shatty, and Polak. He is not available.
The Flyers haven't had a decent RH defenseman since Desjardins.

Literally.

I don't see a deal to be made here. Coburn is a reasonably ask for the Blues--but, in my opinion, he's a better overall player than Shattenkirk is or will be.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 09:34 AM
Oates2Neely

Coturier

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 09:36 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
The Flyers haven't had a decent RH defenseman since Desjardins.

Literally.
I hope you didn't mean this as an attempt to show why the Blues should trade Shattenkirk. I doubt St Louis is going to say, "Well, true. I guess the Flyers have been worse off on the right side for a while."

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 09:37 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I hope you didn't mean this as an attempt to show why the Blues should trade Shattenkirk. I doubt St Louis is going to say, "Well, true. I guess the Flyers have been worse off on the right side for a while."
I didn't.

I meant it as "We'd love to "only" have Pietro and Polak on the right side."

Unless I'm completely blanking on someone, I'm pretty sure that Luke Schenn is the best RH defenseman this team has had in a decade.

Old
09-27-2012, 09:37 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Ah. Yeah that makes sense. I don't think St Louis is taking blood sacrifices, though

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 10:05 AM
SirPaste

Shattenkirk isnt available right now unless you were offering a huge overpayment, which I doubt the Flyers would do.

SirPaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 10:07 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

I doubt the Blues have any interest in moving Shattenkirk. Would take an over payment by a team to acquire him

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 10:08 AM
PayItForward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I doubt the Blues have any interest in moving Shattenkirk. Would take an over payment by a team to acquire him
Bingo.

If they Flyers want a top pairing d-man, it'll cost something that most fans wouldn't want to pay.

PayItForward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 10:31 AM
ExJbeck

Im not enticed even by an overpayment. Shattenkirk>Coburn

ExJbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 10:48 AM
trublu16

Shatty is one of those players that we can't trade. Due to the effectiveness of his play at both ends of the ice. And and that we really do not have an experienced younger player that can fill in for him. But if this organization does decide to move him to upgrade a more important position of need, center, it would have a very good opportunity right now to make an impact of upgrade to that position. And it would would take an overpayment to get Shatty out of St. Louis, and it would have to be one of the young centers that you have. Couturier/Schenn would have to be coming back the other way. And depending on which one it is, is if anything is being added.

trublu16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 10:50 AM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

vCash: 300
Well throw in some cheesesteaks and discount Andre Iguodola t shirts.

King Forsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 11:30 AM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheasRebellion6 View Post
The title explains the thread.
The Blues would need a dman coming back in the trade (right side).

So maybe something like this:

Brayden Schenn
Andrej Meszaros

For
Shatty,
DAgostini or Sobotka

I am not sure either team would do it. Lots of expectations for Schenn. Blues are a d first team - so down grade may not be worth it.

Frenzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 11:39 AM
PayItForward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1 View Post
The Blues would need a dman coming back in the trade (right side).

So maybe something like this:

Brayden Schenn
Andrej Meszaros

For
Shatty,
DAgostini or Sobotka

I am not sure either team would do it. Lots of expectations for Schenn. Blues are a d first team - so down grade may not be worth it.
I don't see B. Schenn being traded with L. Schenn here, unless their traded together.

Old
09-27-2012, 11:52 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by PayItForward View Post
I don't see B. Schenn being traded with L. Schenn here, unless their traded together.
Yup, and, when healthy, the modest upgrade from Meszaros to Shattenkirk isn't worth surrendering B. Schenn anyway.

Like I said. This is a tough fit. The only thing that makes any sense for St. Louis is Coburn, which the Flyers can't really do. I'm also not sure that Shattenkirk is "worth" Coburn at this point, but I'd assume at least some St. Louis fans would disagree.

Old
09-27-2012, 11:54 AM
PayItForward

Quote:
Yup, and, when healthy, the modest upgrade from Meszaros to Shattenkirk isn't worth surrendering B. Schenn anyway.

Like I said. This is a tough fit. The only thing that makes any sense for St. Louis is Coburn, which the Flyers can't really do. I'm also not sure that Shattenkirk is "worth" Coburn at this point, but I'd assume at least some St. Louis fans would disagree.
Which makes no sense from a Philly standpoint anyway. Philly can't really afford to trade Coborn.

Old
09-27-2012, 11:56 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Which makes no sense from a Philly standpoint anyway. Philly can't really afford to trade Coborn.
I just said that.

Old
09-27-2012, 12:01 PM
PayItForward

Quote:
I just said that.
lol, well I just read the end of it.

Not really a deal between these 2 teams though. The only d-man I'd really want from St. Louis would be Pietrangelo and that's obviously a no-go.

Flyers (and Flyer fans) don't want to give up what it'd take to get a top pairing d-man regardless.

Old
09-27-2012, 12:03 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
lol, well I just read the end of it.

Not really a deal between these 2 teams though. The only d-man I'd really want from St. Louis would be Pietrangelo and that's obviously a no-go.

Flyers (and Flyer fans) don't want to give up what it'd take to get a top pairing d-man regardless.
Short of Giroux, I don't think we have anything that could get Pietrangelo. If both Schenns would do it, I'd gladly chip in for cab fair to the airport.

Old
09-27-2012, 12:50 PM
Novacain

Quote:
Short of Giroux, I don't think we have anything that could get Pietrangelo. If both Schenns would do it, I'd gladly chip in for cab fair to the airport.
I havea bad feeling this might turn into a bad decision, but I'll just go ahead and say it: To be honest, I would turn down Giroux for Pietrangelo. And while the Schenns for him is interesting purely out of the context that we are helping both of our biggest needs, it's not something I could pull the trigger on, as the value just high enough.

I'm not saying this to say your players aren't good: Clearly, they are. It's simply a matter of the value of Petro to the Blues, imo, is higher then any other player to their team in the league. I don't think I'd trade Petro 1 for 1 for Stamkos, simply because I think we would end up being a worse team after the trade. If I'm not doing it for him, I'm probably not doing it for anyone.

Flame away.

Novacain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 12:57 PM
PayItForward

Quote:
I'd drive anyone outside of Giroux to the airport for Pietrangelo. But as I said in my previous post, that's an obvious no-go. Point is these 2 teams aren't good trading partners at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novacain View Post
I havea bad feeling this might turn into a bad decision, but I'll just go ahead and say it: To be honest, I would turn down Giroux for Pietrangelo. And while the Schenns for him is interesting purely out of the context that we are helping both of our biggest needs, it's not something I could pull the trigger on, as the value just high enough.

I'm not saying this to say your players aren't good: Clearly, they are. It's simply a matter of the value of Petro to the Blues, imo, is higher then any other player to their team in the league. I don't think I'd trade Petro 1 for 1 for Stamkos, simply because I think we would end up being a worse team after the trade. If I'm not doing it for him, I'm probably not doing it for anyone.

Flame away.
I wouldn't flame you. I wouldn't trade Giroux for Pietrangelo but I can definitely see why St. Louis wouldn't do that deal either. Philly has great top 6 center depth (Giroux-Briere-Schenn-Couturier), and hey, half of Flyer fans think Couturier will be as good as Giroux in a few years anyway. On the other hand, the Blues have no one to replace Pietrangelo. IMO the best young d-man in the game.