HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL (Kontinental Hockey League) 2012-2013 season

Closed Thread

Old
09-27-2012, 12:16 PM
jaco

vCash: 500
Radulov leading the league in PIM..... Expected him leading another category

Old
09-27-2012, 12:17 PM
Vicente

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton Fettel View Post
unfortunately I was at work and didn't get to see Magnitka play, but based on the four games I watched so far, I find it really disturbing that the guys from the NHL are not the best players on the ice, or at least they don't look that good so far. probably at the exception of Malkin.
What did you expect? KHL is the strongest league in Europe and every year comes closer to NHL level. It's a different style of play, bigger ice etc so why should the NHLers be any better than KHL star player? It's no beer league.

Old
09-27-2012, 12:17 PM
Paxton Fettel

Leningrad won!!!! YEAAAAH

The top line played better than Kovalchuk-Afinogenov though.

Old
09-27-2012, 12:22 PM
tohaa

Quote:
unfortunately I was at work and didn't get to see Magnitka play, but based on the four games I watched so far, I find it really disturbing that the guys from the NHL are not the best players on the ice, or at least they don't look that good so far. probably at the exception of Malkin.
you can hardly expect Kulemin and Gonchar to really stand out
The other thing that people seem to think is the whole 'bush league' idea. A team like Mettalurg Mg would do just fine in an NHL season.

Old
09-27-2012, 01:26 PM
pouskin74*

Quote:
Malkin isnt an exception. Mozyakin has been better pretty much in everything so far.

Old
09-27-2012, 01:58 PM
Vicente

This season there are so many amazing goals in KHL. The game winner of Traktor today by Popov. No look backhander with less than 2 minutes to go.

Old
09-27-2012, 02:07 PM
Faterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
what a bad loss by CSKA - winning 1:0, 2:1, 3:2 and loosing the game 4:3....very upset...
Is it Bryzgalov continuing where he left off in Philadelphia last season, or was it bad team defence? The goaltender Stana is probably upset, too, having been among the Top 5 KHL goaltenders so far, but now being displaced by an NHL goaltender.

Old
09-27-2012, 02:13 PM
Eidyia

Finally Lehterä is proving himself in the bigger leagues after all the injuries. Very happy for him, hopefully he can keep it up!

Old
09-27-2012, 02:15 PM
Faterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaco View Post
Their PP is deadly...
I'm noticing lots of penalty minutes against Lev, quite disproportionately in favour of Magnitka. Were they all good, unquestionable calls, or will there be any more talk of "referee bias"? You know, there has been quite a lot of talk in Czech & Slovak media (not just in fans' blogs and message boards but in regular articles) about how Lev & Slovan should prepare against "pressure from Russian referees", especially when playing on the road. So I hope that there was no controversy regarding the many powerplays awarded to Magnitka today.

Old
09-27-2012, 02:19 PM
ult

So, Slovan has increased ticket prices... Because of the lock out. Funny.

And yeah, in Russia there is much more friendly approach towards the Lev and Slovan compared to the said countries approach towards the Russian teams. I wish Russian fans could have been able to read Czech and Slovak websites. Disgusting.

Last edited by ult: 09-27-2012 at 02:25 PM.
Old
09-27-2012, 02:30 PM
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ult View Post
So, Slovan has increased ticket prices... Because of the lock out. Funny.

And yeah, in Russia there is much more friendly approach towards the Lev and Slovan compared to the said countries approach towards the Russian teams. I wish Russian fans could have been able to read Czech and Slovak websites. Disgusting.
Don't be glib, you know why this is.

Old
09-27-2012, 02:46 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
I'm noticing lots of penalty minutes against Lev, quite disproportionately in favour of Magnitka. Were they all good, unquestionable calls, or will there be any more talk of "referee bias"? You know, there has been quite a lot of talk in Czech & Slovak media (not just in fans' blogs and message boards but in regular articles) about how Lev & Slovan should prepare against "pressure from Russian referees", especially when playing on the road. So I hope that there was no controversy regarding the many powerplays awarded to Magnitka today.
Amateurism of slovak media, all said. Media needs "topic" and refs are the easiest one. I dont say all calls are OK, but I am sure slovak/czech media are BS. Btw, do they know KHL rules? I dont think so. I have personal experiance with them.

Old
09-27-2012, 02:48 PM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

Quote:
Stop it, please. Foreign teams have played in the KHL since the beginning and only totally biased fans were screaming about one-sided officiating. What's more, last season when Dinamo Riga faced Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod in the play-offs, lots of Torpedo fans complained after every single game they lost about how their team was butchered by the zebras.

Old
09-27-2012, 02:49 PM
Faterson

Quote:
I wish Russian fans could have been able to read Czech and Slovak websites. Disgusting.
Not sure what you mean and how this relates to the alleged referee bias... but I know first-hand that the availability, or not, of international versions of a team's website is directly related to a club's budget. Not everyone is drowning in money, and to tell the truth, I consider it a minor miracle that Slovan was able to join the KHL at all and to assemble the minimum required KHL budget.

Last season, as you probably know, Lev started selling out their players at around Christmas time because they no longer had the money for their salaries, and to this day Lev owes money to both their ex-players, ex-staff and lots of small businesses in the Poprad area for unpaid services delivered during last season. Bankruptcy proceedings are being conducted, while the Lev Prague team pretends as if it had nothing to do with Lev Poprad.

Producing an international version of a website professionally wouldn't be cheap, and teams would probably need to hire extra staff to produce the content, but I think the new teams very likely can't afford to hire any new staff at this point.

Last edited by Faterson: 09-27-2012 at 04:19 PM. Reason: typos
Old
09-27-2012, 03:04 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Not sure what you mean and how this relates to the alleged referee bias... but I know first-hand that the availability, or not, of international versions of a team's website is directly related to a club's budget. Not everyone is drowning in money, and to tell the truth, I consider it a minor miracle that Slovan was able to join the KHL at all and o assemble the minimum required KHL budget.

Last season, as you probably know, Lev started selling out their players at around Christmas time because they no longer had the money for their salaries, and to this day Lev ows money to both their ex-players, ex-staff and lots of small buinesses in the Poprad area for unpaid services delivered during last season. Banruptcy proceedings are being conducted, while the Lev Prague team pretends as if it had nothing to do with Lev Poprad.

Producing an international version of a website professionally wouldn't be cheap, and teams would probably need to hire extra staff to produce the content, but I think the new teams very likely can't afford to hire any new staff at this point.
Please dont start with this. Yes, slovak media are BS in this topic (due to idea "czechs always abuse slovaks"). It is not so easy case as it seems and I dont want to get into OT. You should read interview of CKD Group owner to have another opinion (slovak media have written only players/creditors/Slavcev story not story of CKD). Read it. HC LEV Praha owes NOTHING to players of HC LEV Poprad/creditors/staff etc. HC LEV Poprad DID (Slavcev guy). All this mess in due to Slavcev-Musil relationship, it is all about. Please, make your own independent opinion, dont believe everything what slovak mainstream media write.

Old
09-27-2012, 03:06 PM
ult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokil View Post
Yeah, well played indeed. I was touched by this reply. I guess he doesn't read those websites either, so it's good that he's blissfully unaware. Though ukranian websites are even worse.

Old
09-27-2012, 03:11 PM
Kshahdoo

Quote:
Hmm, think you can launch a good site with a proper support and everything for 1/20 of what KHL teams pay to a single player.

Old
09-27-2012, 03:35 PM
Vicente

Lev and Slovan both don't pay a lot to their website staff. I know people who work for Lev.

Old
09-27-2012, 03:40 PM
Faterson

Quote:
Yeah, well played indeed. I was touched by this reply. I guess he doesn't read those websites either, so it's good that he's blissfully unaware. Though ukranian websites are even worse.
Well, you should write more clearly instead of innuendo. I have noticed no enmity against Russian KHL teams in any standard Slovak or Czech publications, so please be specific and I'll be happy to take a look. I hope you're not confusing editorial content with message boards. I did notice Russian fans requesting more hockey-related Czech & Slovak texts to be made available in English or Russian. Those things are likely an entirely different budget category separate from player salaries, but all budget categories are likely maxed out at this point, unless your club's sponsor is Gazprom.

Old
09-27-2012, 03:42 PM
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

Quote:
Though ukranian websites are even worse.
I've seen nothing of the sort.

Old
09-27-2012, 03:45 PM
SoftEuro4thLiner

vCash: 50
Is the Slovan-Dynamo game already sold out or is ticketportal.sk going to launch more tickets? I kinda missed the start of the sale, and when I looked it up, about 4 hours ago, nothing left . Same for the Novokuzneck and CSKA games.
You slovaks really love your hockey, huh?

Old
09-27-2012, 03:59 PM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Reffing has been solid from what I've seen so far this year. A few soft calls but for the most part, pretty consistant. ....Rads is such an idiot, it doesn't help that he is so damn ugly -just don't like the guy.

Old
09-27-2012, 04:01 PM
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

What did Radulov do?

Old
09-27-2012, 04:01 PM
Faterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftEuro4thLiner View Post
Is the Slovan-Dynamo game already sold out or is ticketportal.sk going to launch more tickets? I kinda missed the start of the sale, and when I looked it up, about 4 hours ago, nothing left . Same for the Novokuzneck and CSKA games.
It doesn't say "nothing left" but "sales temporarily unavailable". Direct links: http://www.ticketportal.sk/event.aspx?ID=60079 , http://www.ticketportal.sk/event.aspx?ID=60080 , http://www.ticketportal.sk/event.aspx?ID=60081

Old
09-27-2012, 04:15 PM
zorz

2 gigants lost badly today, Lev and SU

Closed Thread