HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

C Elias Lindholm (2013, 5th overall, Carolina)

Old
09-27-2012, 03:16 PM
Huffman

vCash: 500
Played more minutes than any Brynäs forward today and boy am I impressed.

Huffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 05:19 PM
Kulemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry2perry View Post
Played more minutes than any Brynäs forward today and boy am I impressed.
How often do you see that from a 17 year old in the SEL? Why is there hardly any discussion about him? I'm hearing he is Sweden's next star forward but there is little to no discussion of him on this site. He doesn't even have a main thread ffs.

This guy seems like a tremendous prospect.

Kulemon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 05:35 PM
gretskidoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kulemon View Post
how often do you see that from a 17 year old in the sel? Why is there hardly any discussion about him? I'm hearing he is sweden's next star forward but there is little to no discussion of him on this site. He doesn't even have a main thread ffs.

6 0 1 1

gretskidoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 05:41 PM
Trvp Lord

Send a message via MSN to Trvp Lord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulemon View Post
How often do you see that from a 17 year old in the SEL? Why is there hardly any discussion about him? I'm hearing he is Sweden's next star forward but there is little to no discussion of him on this site. He doesn't even have a main thread ffs.

This guy seems like a tremendous
prospect.
Jarnkrok played as a 17 year old in the SEL.

Trvp Lord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 06:11 PM
ponder

Quote:

Not that uncommon for prospects to have a significant role in the SEL in their draft year. For example, in 2011 guys like Larsson, Zibanejad, Brodin and Klefbom all had significant roles in the SEL, with games where they played major minutes, and I'm sure Landeskog would have as well if he hadn't come to the OHL (maybe Rakell too). 2012 wasn't as strong for Swedes, but there were still guys who played plenty of SEL games, like Aberg, Collberg and Bystrom. Having a prospect who actually produces at a high level in the SEL in his draft year is very rare, the only recent ones who come to mind are Backstrom and Hedman, but Lindholm hasn't produced at a high level in the SEL yet.

I haven't seen Elias Lindholm play myself, but I wouldn't say that getting big minutes in an SEL game is cause for hype. Scouts do seem to like him a lot, and he definitely put up great numbers in the J20 SuperElit last year, so he clearly is a big time prospect, but I wouldn't read too much into him getting big minutes in one game.

Last edited by ponder: 09-27-2012 at 06:23 PM.
ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 06:22 PM
His Beardliness
#SireBabcock

vCash: 1125
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
Not that uncommon for prospects to have a significant role in the SEL in their draft year. For example, in 2011 guys like Larsson, Zibanejad, Brodin and Klefbom all had significant roles in the SEL, with games where they played major minutes, and I'm sure Landeskog would have as well if he hadn't come to the OHL (maybe Rakell too).

I haven't seen Elias Lindholm play myself, and scouts do seem to like him quite a lot, but I wouldn't be hyping him specifically because he got big minutes in an SEL game.
Only Larsson had a big role early on of those players. Klefbom and Brodin weren't very significant at all and Zibanejad had a big spring, but played in juniors at this time.

His Beardliness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 06:25 PM
Pellegrino

Quote:
The guy is a great, great prospect. Played 3-4 SEL games so far this season (no ice time in the first SEL games) and has been one of Brynäs best players every game. Also loves the physical play. But as the loyal Brynäs guy I'm, I'd rather not hype him too much. I'm kinda happy that people are quiet on here, not surprised though as people love watching stats rather than games...

And let's not forget, his dad used to play with Wayne Gretzky

And as I said on the Nashville Predators message board;
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellegrino View Post
Nashville is one of several NHL-clubs who are watching Brynäs prospect Elias Lindholm very closely. Nashville scout Lucas Bergman attended tonight's game between Brynäs and Skellefteå.

Pellegrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 06:34 PM
Kulemon

Quote:
Not that uncommon for prospects to have a significant role in the SEL in their draft year. For example, in 2011 guys like Larsson, Zibanejad, Brodin and Klefbom all had significant roles in the SEL, with games where they played major minutes, and I'm sure Landeskog would have as well if he hadn't come to the OHL (maybe Rakell too). 2012 wasn't as strong for Swedes, but there were still guys who played plenty of SEL games, like Aberg, Collberg and Bystrom. Having a prospect who actually produces at a high level in the SEL in his draft year is very rare, the only recent ones who come to mind are Backstrom and Hedman, but Lindholm hasn't produced at a high level in the SEL yet.

I haven't seen Elias Lindholm play myself, but I wouldn't say that getting big minutes in an SEL game is cause for hype. Scouts do seem to like him a lot, and he definitely put up great numbers in the J20 SuperElit last year, so he clearly is a big time prospect, but I wouldn't read too much into him getting big minutes in one game.

I meant, how often do you see a 17 year old forward play more minutes than any other forward on his SEL team?

Kulemon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 06:37 PM
ponder

Quote:
I meant, how often do you see a 17 year old forward play more minutes than any other forward on his SEL team?
Averaged over a whole season? Incredibly rare. In a single game? Not really that rare.

Again, not ripping on Lindholm, I've never seen him play and really have no read on him at all, from scouts and Swedish fans it does sound like he's a great prospect. I'm just saying I wouldn't make that much out of big minutes in a single game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by His Beardliness View Post
Only Larsson had a big role early on of those players. Klefbom and Brodin weren't very significant at all and Zibanejad had a big spring, but played in juniors at this time.
Surely Brodin and Klefbom had individual games where they played big minutes though, right? That's really the only point I was trying to make.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 06:41 PM
Pellegrino

Lindholm just recently got introduced in Brynäs top PP-unit, however he's still not playing box play, so wouldn't expect him to play more than Järnkrok (who plays both PP and BP) etc...

Old
09-27-2012, 07:08 PM
Leehh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellegrino View Post
Lindholm just recently got introduced in Brynäs top PP-unit, however he's still not playing box play, so wouldn't expect him to play more than Järnkrok (who plays both PP and BP) etc...
I think that the word you looking for is SH not BP (short handed). Anyways, going to watch him @ 10.13 against Lakers and 10.15 against Tappara.

Leehh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 12:50 AM
cheerupmurray

Quote:
Averaged over a whole season? Incredibly rare. In a single game? Not really that rare.

Again, not ripping on Lindholm, I've never seen him play and really have no read on him at all, from scouts and Swedish fans it does sound like he's a great prospect. I'm just saying I wouldn't make that much out of big minutes in a single game.

Surely Brodin and Klefbom had individual games where they played big minutes though, right? That's really the only point I was trying to make.
Nevermind how much he plays, the main thing is that he looks like a very interesting player. It´s very rare to see a 17-year old really make a mark on a SEL-game, and be one of the most creative forwards on the ice, Lindholm has looked good

cheerupmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 04:13 AM
forthewild

Quote:
Originally Posted by His Beardliness View Post
from what i recall he was a pretty big part of Farjestad team at 17, he dressed for 14 playoffs games as a 17 year old and played a big role in their shutdown role.

it was one of the things touted about him

If Elias plays a good amount of time at age 17 in the SEL it will help him, look at Johan Larsson as a 20 year old, two years after his draft he really took off in SEL, Elias doing it at 17 will cement him as one of the top picks in the draft.

forthewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 01:27 AM
Corey Perry*

He is related to Hampus or no?

Corey Perry* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 01:30 AM
Mason10
Bacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Bunky View Post
don't think so

Mason10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 10:20 AM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Bunky View Post
No, but he's the cousin of Red Wings prospect Calle Järnkrok.

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 10:50 AM
tony d
The man

Just starting to hear about this kid. From what I read he's going to be good. Unsure on if he'll be the next Backstrom or not though.

People got to learn how to use punctuation. On our radio ads the other day a black man's wallet was reported as missing. Instead of a man's wallet black in colour missing a black man's wallet is missing.
tony d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 10:54 AM
Exalted User

Scored his first SEL goal on a deflection seconds ago.

EDIT: Should add he played very, very good today. Involved in half of the chances we created, hits everything that moves along the end boards.

Last edited by 1912: 09-29-2012 at 11:15 AM.
1912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 03:40 PM
Pellegrino

1+2 and another highly impressive display by Lindholm against Rögle.

Old
10-09-2012, 04:06 PM
bottomofthefoodchain

Good to see him score some points. However with 2 Lindholms and a Lindberg the SEL is getting confusing

bottomofthefoodchain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 04:09 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Snippin' Yank

vCash: 597
Hampus Lindholm is playing in the AHL this year though. Unless there's another one? Heh.

So Lindholm now has 5 points in 11 SEL games this season if my math is right.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 04:17 PM
Pellegrino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
I think it's in 8 or 9 games. He didn't actually play in the first games, was just on the bench.

Old
10-09-2012, 04:19 PM
kuparinen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Hampus Lindholm is playing in the AHL this year though. Unless there's another one? Heh.

He was the 13th forward the first 3 games I believe, so 5 points in 8 games actually.

kuparinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 04:25 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Snippin' Yank

vCash: 597
Thanks for the clarification.

Red Line Report ‏@daredlinereport
On site today scouting Elias Lindholm, perfect game to see him at 1+2 and overall an awesome performance. Outshined Järnkrook among others.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 04:46 PM
canucksPK

Why is it that it seems nearly every forward projected to be in the top end of the 2013 draft is off to a solid start to the season? This draft is shaping up to be unreal.

canucksPK is offline   Reply With Quote