HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bulldogs camp roster

Closed Thread

Old
09-27-2012, 06:40 AM
Maxpac

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
And Leblanc won't play center lol
Oh yes he will. This is the perfect time to see what he is made of down the middle in an offensive role. With an aging Plekanec and no real 4th line center in Montreal, it'll be fun to see where we stand center prospect wise. I hope he gets 20-25 min a game and plays on the 1st pp wave.

Old
09-27-2012, 07:08 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

I remember Ouellet being a pretty solid NHLer when he first came up, surprised he's fallen that much since then. He should be an upgrade over Willsie from last year.

Old
09-27-2012, 08:46 AM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Blunden will play in Hamilton this year around...

Old
09-27-2012, 08:53 AM
VanNistelrooy

Bulldogs have invited 20 years old Defenseman from Rimouski Océanic Étienne Boutet

Old
09-27-2012, 12:37 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booba View Post
http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=642241

Most notable try-out is Michel Ouellet
The one I personally like most out of the FA's is Corbin.

Old
09-27-2012, 06:50 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Oh yes he will. This is the perfect time to see what he is made of down the middle in an offensive role. With an aging Plekanec and no real 4th line center in Montreal, it'll be fun to see where we stand center prospect wise. I hope he gets 20-25 min a game and plays on the 1st pp wave.
I agree. Leblanc has been a center throughout his development, minus the one pro season and his WJC. The organization needs RH centers more than RH wingers. If he can do both, that's even better. What's the downside of starting the season at that position, especially during a lockout? Worse case, move him back to the wing. IMO, the potential reward is greater than the risk. It looks like Hamilton has a surplus of RW'ers and a deficit at C anyway.

Same goes for Nattinen, if he could eventually prove himself ready for a 4C job in the NHL, he could be a real asset.

I know the lines will change a million times, but I'd like to see something vaguely like this:

Palushaj-Leblanc-Gallagher
Geoffrion-Dumont-Blunden
Chaput-Fortier-Stortini
Quailer-Nattinen-Avtsyn
Schultz

Nash-St Denis
Tinordi-Stejskal/tryout
Beaulieu-Pateryn
Hagel

...with some of the younger prospects (Bournival, Holland, Ellis) getting top ice time in Wheeling. I'm guessing the ECHL will be a much better league this season.

Last edited by Roulin: 09-27-2012 at 06:56 PM.
Old
09-27-2012, 07:03 PM
Impossible Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
I agree. Leblanc has been a center throughout his development, minus the one pro season and his WJC. The organization needs RH centers more than RH wingers. If he can do both, that's even better. What's the downside of starting the season at that position, especially during a lockout? Worse case, move him back to the wing. IMO, the potential reward is greater than the risk. It looks like Hamilton has a surplus of RW'ers and a deficit at C anyway.

Same goes for Nattinen, if he could eventually prove himself ready for a 4C job in the NHL, he could be a real asset.

I know the lines will change a million times, but I'd like to see something vaguely like this:

Palushaj-Leblanc-Gallagher
Geoffrion-Dumont-Blunden
Chaput-Fortier-Stortini
Quailer-Nattinen-Avtsyn
Schultz

Nash-St Denis
Tinordi-Stejskal/tryout
Beaulieu-Pateryn
Hagel

...with some of the younger prospects (Bournival, Holland, Ellis) getting top ice time in Wheeling. I'm guessing the ECHL will be a much better league this season.
I don't think it would be a good idea to send some of our good young guys in the ECHL, no matter how better this league is.

I'd prefer to see something like:

Palushaj - Leblanc - Gallagher
Geoffrion - Bournival - Ouellet
Holland - Dumont - Blunden
Quailer - Nattinen - Avtsin

St-Denis - Ellis
Beaulieu - Tinordi
Nash - Pateryn

Desjardins

Old
09-27-2012, 07:06 PM
le_sean

I remember Zack Torquato being a player I wanted the Habs to draft. He dropped and then never really became anything. Shows what I know.

Old
09-27-2012, 07:15 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impossible Glory View Post
I don't think it would be a good idea to send some of our good young guys in the ECHL, no matter how better this league is.

I'd prefer to see something like:

Palushaj - Leblanc - Gallagher
Geoffrion - Bournival - Ouellet
Holland - Dumont - Blunden
Quailer - Nattinen - Avtsin

St-Denis - Ellis
Beaulieu - Tinordi
Nash - Pateryn

Desjardins
I guess it partly depends how important you think it is for the team to win games. IMO it would help the development of the cream of the crop (Gallagher, Tinordi, etc.) to be on a competitive team. I'd bet that Fortier, Chaput, Stortini and a tryout, say, Wild, go farther towards winning games this season (though they have less NHL potential, they are further along the learning curve) than Bournival, Holland, Avtsyn and Ellis. Maybe some of those players surprise in training camp, but then maybe the team would be better off with them taking jobs from rookie 1st round picks, rather than the AHL vets?

Remember, other teams have players like RNH and Skinner. The Dogs will be at a disadvantage, going talent vs talent. Having an experienced team might be the only way to survive.

I forgot about the Ouellet tryout - I would like to see him sign with the team. Then maybe it becomes a fight between Quailer and Avtsyn for that last spot in Hamilton.

The other point I'd make is, I'm pretty certain there is no waiver system when moving players between the AHL and ECHL. So if some younger prospects are clearly too good for Wheeling, we can call them up after a few games. It might be good for their development to make them prove it. At least, more positive than starting them in Hamilton and deciding midseason to demote them.

Last edited by Roulin: 09-27-2012 at 07:21 PM.
Old
09-27-2012, 07:30 PM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by odishabs View Post
Nattinen - LeBlanc - Palushaj'A'
Geoffrion - Chaput - Gallagher
Ouellet - Dumont'A' - Holland
Avtsin - Bournival - Blunden

St-Denis'C' - Ellis
Tinordi - Beaulieu
Stejskal - Nash
I'm pretty sure at 90% that Nattinen will play center

Old
09-27-2012, 07:58 PM
Impossible Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
I guess it partly depends how important you think it is for the team to win games. IMO it would help the development of the cream of the crop (Gallagher, Tinordi, etc.) to be on a competitive team. I'd bet that Fortier, Chaput, Stortini and a tryout, say, Wild, go farther towards winning games this season (though they have less NHL potential, they are further along the learning curve) than Bournival, Holland, Avtsyn and Ellis. Maybe some of those players surprise in training camp, but then maybe the team would be better off with them taking jobs from rookie 1st round picks, rather than the AHL vets?

Remember, other teams have players like RNH and Skinner. The Dogs will be at a disadvantage, going talent vs talent. Having an experienced team might be the only way to survive.

I forgot about the Ouellet tryout - I would like to see him sign with the team. Then maybe it becomes a fight between Quailer and Avtsyn for that last spot in Hamilton.

The other point I'd make is, I'm pretty certain there is no waiver system when moving players between the AHL and ECHL. So if some younger prospects are clearly too good for Wheeling, we can call them up after a few games. It might be good for their development to make them prove it. At least, more positive than starting them in Hamilton and deciding midseason to demote them.
You have a point... Winning more games will certainly help Tinordi, Beaulieu, Leblanc, Gallagher. But the question is, will winning a bit more help those guys enough to make for the kinda less good development that fairly good prospects in Holland, Ellis and Bournival will have because of that? Honestly I can't really tell.

The Bulldogs' training camp should bring an answer to that question. We will see what those guys are made of and how big the difference is between those guy and AHL vets.

Old
09-27-2012, 09:04 PM
Roulin

Quote:
You have a point... Winning more games will certainly help Tinordi, Beaulieu, Leblanc, Gallagher. But the question is, will winning a bit more help those guys enough to make for the kinda less good development that fairly good prospects in Holland, Ellis and Bournival will have because of that? Honestly I can't really tell.

The Bulldogs' training camp should bring an answer to that question. We will see what those guys are made of and how big the difference is between those guy and AHL vets.
True that! Hopefully we'll get regular updates.

Old
09-27-2012, 09:41 PM
Kjell Dahlin

According to http://hamiltonbulldogs.com.ismmedia...ing%20Camp.xls , you can add BOUTET, Étienne to the list of Ds.

Old
09-28-2012, 02:02 AM
Mr. Hab

Geoffrion - LeBlanc - Gallagher
Holland - Bournival - Palushaj
Ouellet - Dumont - Avtsin
Blunden - Nattinen - Stortini
Schultz
Quailer

Beaulieu - Ellis
Tinordi - St-Denis
Stejskal - Nash

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 09-28-2012 at 02:48 AM.
Old
09-28-2012, 09:24 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
As only RDS can do...

http://legrandclub.rds.ca/profils/LN.../148663/public

Michel Ouellet hasn't played an NHL game since the 2008-09 season, Luc. He hasn't even made the Bulldogs yet, but he's an insurance policy for the big club? OK...

Old
09-30-2012, 06:29 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
The major focus will be on defense: Ellis, Tinordi, Beaulieu, Nash IMO.
Does anyone see a surprise at forward,someone you think may exceed expectations?
Three come to mind Holland,Leveille and Ranford.All with a measure of speed,talent and desire that well becomes any player that wears the colors of the Bulldogs & Habs.

Old
09-30-2012, 08:06 PM
MXD

Please no Avstin in place of Quailer in Hamilton...

Old
09-30-2012, 08:21 PM
Forsead

Wow Michel Ouellet had :
GP G A PTS PIM +-
2005-06 Pittsburgh Penguins NHL 50 16 16 32 16 -13 -- -- -- -- --
2006-07 Pittsburgh Penguins NHL 73 19 29 48 30 -3 5 0 2 2 6
2007-08 Tampa Bay Lightning NHL 64 17 19 36 12 11 -- -- -- -- --

That's actually nice stats wtf happened ?

Old
09-30-2012, 08:46 PM
Impossible Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
Wow Michel Ouellet had :
GP G A PTS PIM +-

I'm not sure but I think he played with Crosby in Pittsburgh.

Even if I'm right, it's still strange that he did not even played in the NHL after that.

Old
09-30-2012, 08:49 PM
dre

It's interesting that he couldnt secure an NHL job after the season with the lightning. 3 straight seasons of secondary scoring provided for cheap. instead he's stuck on the Moose with a Canucks team that is deep with offense and relatively few injuries. After that season he seems to have lost his scoring touch. You'd think he'd be able to put up serious points in Germany and Switzerland, than comes back and is a secondary player in Norfolk. Did he loose a step or is his game more well rounded?

Old
09-30-2012, 09:11 PM
Saopolo123

I would love to see these lines.

Geoffrion - Leblanc - Palushaj
Bournival - Dumont - Ouellet
Qualier - Holland - Schultz
Avstyn - Fortier - Stortini

Blunden will be the 13th foward with Montreal.

St Denis - Tinordi
Beaulieu - Pateryn
Nash - Ellis

Desjardins
Delmas

Last edited by Saopolo123: 09-30-2012 at 09:19 PM.
Old
10-01-2012, 09:03 PM
Kjell Dahlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
Wow Michel Ouellet had :
GP G A PTS PIM +-

Quote:
I'm not sure but I think he played with Crosby in Pittsburgh.

Even if I'm right, it's still strange that he did not even played in the NHL after that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dre View Post
It's interesting that he couldnt secure an NHL job after the season with the lightning. 3 straight seasons of secondary scoring provided for cheap. instead he's stuck on the Moose with a Canucks team that is deep with offense and relatively few injuries. After that season he seems to have lost his scoring touch. You'd think he'd be able to put up serious points in Germany and Switzerland, than comes back and is a secondary player in Norfolk. Did he loose a step or is his game more well rounded?
Based on an interview with Marc Antoine Godin from La Presse:

Trade to Van => shoulder injury => moved to Europe => not his style of play (he scores most of his goals while standing near the net) => came back in North America last season and had 31 points in 55 games with Norfolk.

He had two good seasons under Therrien so maybe he will be able to provide NHL depth in case of injuries. At worst he seems to be a very good AHL vet.

Who saw him play last season in the AHL?

Old
10-01-2012, 09:51 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
Based on an interview with Marc Antoine Godin from La Presse:

Trade to Van => shoulder injury => moved to Europe => not his style of play (he scores most of his goals while standing near the net) => came back in North America last season and had 31 points in 55 games with Norfolk.

He had two good seasons under Therrien so maybe he will be able to provide NHL depth in case of injuries. At worst he seems to be a very good AHL vet.

Who saw him play last season in the AHL?
Perhaps Darche's replacement.

Old
10-01-2012, 10:42 PM
guest1467

What a defense.

Old
10-01-2012, 11:17 PM
AmeriHab

Where's Gomer fit in if he's buried in minors??? Or are we banking on that amnesty clause in the CBA? Serious question, not just making another Gomez joke

Closed Thread