HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Timmins comments on the young D's headed to Hamilton

Old
09-26-2012, 10:45 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Olympic Champion

vCash: 597
Timmins comments on the young D's headed to Hamilton

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...785/story.html

Ellis had a concussion at the Memorial Cup?! That doesn't make sense, unless it was in the final game. He did not skate at the development camp a couple of weeks later, so that may explain it.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 10:51 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

vCash: 500
I'd have Stejskal in the ECHL. Clear to me that Stejskal isn't in our plans so don't waste a spot in Hamilton. I'd still hope the Dogs could lure a really vet player à la Henry and if so, it would mean more stability on D, a role model for kids....but a spot in Wheeling for Pateryn and/or Ellis.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 12:43 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I'd have Stejskal in the ECHL. Clear to me that Stejskal isn't in our plans so don't waste a spot in Hamilton. I'd still hope the Dogs could lure a really vet player à la Henry and if so, it would mean more stability on D, a role model for kids....but a spot in Wheeling for Pateryn and/or Ellis.
We already have St.Denis and Nash as role models.

Stejksal isn't a great prospect but I'd give him at least another year AHL before giving up on him.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 12:52 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 1100
A few things that stood out:

I'm a Gauthier basher but for all those saying "timmins was held back":

Quote:
Jarred had limited minor hockey experience at an elite level, but Timmins recognized his potential and convinced former general manager Pierre Gauthier to move up in the draft to get the defenceman.
Another is I heard Jacques Beaulieu was GM and Coach of Sarnia, coaching Galchenyuk. I completely wrote off the relation to Beaulieu citing it as coincidence and never bothered looking it up. Kind of cool.

Lastly:

Quote:
St. Denis played well enough that the Canadiens were reluctant to expose him to waivers this month, but the team took advantage of an exception in the rules to sign him to an AHL contract until the lockout is over.
Can't we do this for Eller too? Eller could use a chance to play in an offensive role. If St Denis could, can't Eller too? Granted, does Eller want to sign an AHL deal? After playing 2 full years in NHL maybe it's not his cup of tea but I would've liked him there is all.

LyricalLyricist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 01:01 PM
Andy

I came here to post the same thing LL with the fact that Timmins did have influence over decision making despite the monster portrayl we have of gauthier.

Also, good point about Eller maybe not wanting to go down to the AHL.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 01:06 PM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Depending on how the roster shakes out, I could see Stejskal getting time in the ECHL as I'd much rather see him play then sit. Will be interesting to see how the new staff handles having 4 rookies. Agree on another vet since this group is so young with only 1 defensemen on the team having more then 1 full season under his belt. (not counting Hagel as I don't know if he's going to be a forward or defense)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Can't we do this for Eller too? Eller could use a chance to play in an offensive role. If St Denis could, can't Eller too? Granted, does Eller want to sign an AHL deal? After playing 2 full years in NHL maybe it's not his cup of tea but I would've liked him there is all.
No, the NHL is only letting players on two way contracts and I believe they had to be on an AHL teams clear day roster, to be able to sign AHL contracts without having to clear waivers.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 01:10 PM
Hullois

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I came here to post the same thing LL with the fact that Timmins did have influence over decision making despite the monster portrayl we have of gauthier.

Also, good point about Eller maybe not wanting to go down to the AHL.
That thing happened when Gainey was GM, not Gauthier

Hullois is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 01:22 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hullois View Post
That thing happened when Gainey was GM, not Gauthier
No...It happened on June 25, 2010.

On February 8th, 2010 Gauthier was named General Manager.

Old
09-27-2012, 01:23 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
No, the NHL is only letting players on two way contracts and I believe they had to be on an AHL teams clear day roster, to be able to sign AHL contracts without having to clear waivers.
Awww, there goes my hope. Too bad, Eller really needs some AHL time. Well...he doesn't, but I want to see him in a weaker league so he can practice his offensive game more than he gets to at NHL level.

Old
09-27-2012, 03:42 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post

I'm a Gauthier basher but for all those saying "timmins was held back":

Another is I heard Jacques Beaulieu was GM and Coach of Sarnia, coaching Galchenyuk. I completely wrote off the relation to Beaulieu citing it as coincidence and never bothered looking it up. Kind of cool.

Lastly:

Eller would be better off in the SEL. Then he isn't taking ice time away from a prospect.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 07:11 PM
dcal64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Eller would be better off in the SEL. Then he isn't taking ice time away from a prospect.
We have prospects in the SEL (3), maybe you should re-phrase that to the Swiss League

dcal64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 08:08 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Any league really, guy can use the time really. I'm not sold he'll be a true top 6 center for us but if he wants to take that leap playing at a lower level to get more offensive freedom is a good move.