HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor-edm

Old
09-24-2012, 03:17 PM
Jamin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleboy View Post
idk how oiler fans are saying no, leafs pass
No need for him when our top 6 has better players already in it. At worst MPS can be a 3rd line checker which our team needs and at best he can be a big left winger which our team needs. At worst Kadri is a tweener not good enough for top 6 not suited for bottom 6 and at best he doesnt beat out Hall, Eberle, Hemsky, Yakupov, RNH

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 04:37 PM
KidLine93

I would say no to the proposal mainly because the Oilers are already small up front and Paajarvi is a big winger that could pan out, whereas Kadri could pan out as well but doesnt have the size that were lacking.

KidLine93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 06:47 PM
Sundinisagod
Weed

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
Ya and they also could've drafted Giroux and either Eberle or Karlsson... But they felt Tlusty and Schenn were better. Great argument. How are they working out for ya?
What do Giroux, Eberle, or Karlsson have to do with the Leafs passing on MPS? The answer is nothing, because MPS has done nothing to distinguish himself as the better prospect since being drafted.

At the time of the draft, MPS was the player I wanted at 7th overall, but I did have some reservations about his finishing abilities...at this point in time I'm lukewarm on both prospects, but it's been rightfully pointed out that MPS is a better fit for Edm and Kadri is better fit for Toronto.

In terms of trade value, I'd think these two prospects are exactly equal in value, comes down to team needs and preference.

Sundinisagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 09:00 PM
FishManSam
Bobs Yummy Burgers!

Ugh, I hate Paajarvi, awful. No thanks.

FishManSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 09:08 PM
Face Of Bear

MPS is pretty bad, i'm not that high on Kadri but I still wouldnt do this from a Leafs POV

Face Of Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 09:10 PM
kihei

vCash: 0
Tempting. But the Leafs don't need someone who is likely to be a solid third line player. I'd rather risk it and see what Kadri can do.

kihei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 11:33 PM
lakai17

vCash: 50
This thread has been awesome. In the NHL today there aren't many player Paajarvi's size that can skate like him, Paajarvi is still filling out as well. One of my favourite threads on hf thus far.

Thank you fans of the game

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 02:36 AM
Four1 Lead
We got Nylander.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
This thread has been awesome. In the NHL today there aren't many player Paajarvi's size that can skate like him, Paajarvi is still filling out as well. One of my favourite threads on hf thus far.

Chad Kilger was a very good skating player with size.

Four1 Lead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 06:49 AM
Sundinisagod
Weed

Quote:

Too bad he can't score very well, has the makings of a great checker though...

Sundinisagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 06:56 AM
Kulemon

Quote:

Yeah, with that skating and size he should make a good 3rd/4th liner.

If you find this entertaining, you should check out that one proposal where Canucks fans were saying that they wouldn't trade Luongo for Phaneuf and also that Phaneuf is not better than Gonchar, Phillips, among others lol. Now that thread was good.

Kulemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 07:01 AM
dubey
~manlets~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mika Zibanejad View Post
Chad Kilger was a very good skating player with size.
Good comparison for Paajarvi

dubey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 11:02 AM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
Originally Posted by kihei View Post
Tempting. But the Leafs don't need someone who is likely to be a solid third line player. I'd rather risk it and see what Kadri can do.
Kadri will be a 3rd line center playing between Biggs and Ross and will be the most hated line in all of hockey, with a knack for scoring big goals. He will be a solid 3rd line player.

smoke meat pete* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 11:32 AM
Chips*

From both perspectives, this trade does not make much sense.

Recently, Leafs management has had a gluttony for drafting big bodied bottom six players, such as Biggs, Devane, Broll, not to mention already possessing strong bodied, defensively strong players like Frattin and Kulemin (not saying any of these players don't have the potential to be top six, just playing the odds).

I see Kadri as the pivot to his line with his exceptional vision and hands.

Paajarvi, while he certainly possesses the potential to top six scoring role, plays a completely different game which happens to be the Leafs strong point both in current roster players and in potential futures.

The Oilers already have multiple top six pivots. This trade is akin to both teams exaggerating their weak spots for redundancy.

Chips* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 08:56 PM
Happy Fan
nifty

Only read OP and a few posts but, I was on the MPS train his draft year but to say he is worth Kadri now is insulting. Kadri is worth at least MPS and a 1st or another blue chipper.

Pfft. Good day sir.

Happy Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 11:35 PM
oilers92

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazedRink View Post
Only read OP and a few posts but, I was on the MPS train his draft year but to say he is worth Kadri now is insulting. Kadri is worth at least MPS and a 1st or another blue chipper.

Pfft. Good day sir.
so a non ppg small skilled player is better then a non ppg player with size and defense okay there

oilers92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 11:55 PM
Aceonfire
Las Vegas Aces

Quote:

Pfft. Good day sir.
What???

This entire thread was a hypothetical proposition to see how each fan base viewed either player. But Paajarvi and a 1st?

legit roster players have been traded for much less than that.

Compare the Turris trade, 2nd round pick and Rundblad.

And Turris is much more established than Kadri.

I think Kadri is a great prospect but please don't over value him that much.

Aceonfire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 12:25 AM
CSimpson18

Quote:

Pfft. Good day sir.
Kadri himself isn't even a blue chip prospect anymore...

CSimpson18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 01:12 PM
Kid Dynamite
Pro Scout

vCash: 400
http://www.tsn.ca/toronto/blogs/jona...92#YourCallTop
Kadri shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as Paajarvi. Why would Edmonton trade at worst a 3rd liner for a guaranteed bust?

Toronto Fans

Kid Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 01:37 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeBackBulin View Post
Kadri shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as Paajarvi. Why would Edmonton trade at worst a 3rd liner for a guaranteed bust?

Toronto Fans
Not sure if post is serious

TML g u n n e R s* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 01:40 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:

Toronto Fans
is this is a serious post or am i gonna have to burst out laughing again lol.

09-28-2012, 01:45 PM
gooilgo
Fehr is a reptile

Quote:

Pfft. Good day sir.
Quote:

Toronto Fans
Posts like this just turn a reasonable debate into a pissing match.

gooilgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 02:06 PM
CSimpson18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyweed View Post
You don't trade kadri before seeing how a summer with Gary Roberts will impact his game this year
Uh-oh.

Quote:
"His body fat today is probably in the bottom three to five guys in our whole camp and that's unacceptable," said Marlies head coach Dallas Eakins...

In addition to the off-ice testing, Kadri also underwent a series of on-ice tests designed to measure physical fitness, producing "average" results in general, lagging far behind heat-mates Jerry D'Amigo and Nicolas Deschamps, both superior skaters to that of Kadri.

Even with the tutelage of Gary "the magician" Roberts, Kadri's fitness level is so disappointing that his coach chose to blast him in the media on the first day of training camp. Thats, umm, not good...

Kadri's quotes in the article linked above indicate that he isn't taking it too seriously.

Know who's always in great shape, is disciplined and devoted to becoming an NHLer? Paajarvi. Just sayin.

Old
09-28-2012, 02:08 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Oh for the love of god.

Here is what eakins said afterwards when the media hungry toronto did that craziness:
Dallas Eakins ‏@dallaseakins
#KeepCalmCarryOn RT @NathanMoniz: Relax people @dallaseakins said @43_Kadri eating habits are bad, he didn’t say he’s not an amazing player.

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 02:11 PM
mashedpotato

Oh Em Gee. He's a fatso on ice!

mashedpotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 02:16 PM
CSimpson18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Oh for the love of god.

Here is what eakins said afterwards when the media hungry toronto did that craziness:
Dallas Eakins ‏@dallaseakins
#KeepCalmCarryOn RT @NathanMoniz: Relax people @dallaseakins said @43_Kadri eating habits are bad, he didnít say heís not an amazing player.
Kadri's eating habits are bad which is an indication of a lack of discipline and a lack of commitment to being an NHLer. Don't pretend it's not.

I mean, how hard is it to eat properly? Kadri's risking his NHL career because he doesn't like spinach? That's a sign of immaturity and, like I said, lack of commitment. No matter how you spin it, Kadri's poor fitness(after a summer with Gary Roberts, no less) is a microcosm of all the stuff that critics have been saying of Kadri for years now. Not encouraging news, to say the least.