HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Corey Perry and Ryan Getzlaf - next contracts

Old
09-26-2012, 02:40 PM
huntison

vCash: 500
Perry 6 years 7 per.

To the CANUCKS!

Sedin - Sedin - Perry!

huntison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 02:45 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Why wouldn't he sign it before the lockout began then?
The uncertainty of a rollback. If they were willing to give a slight discount, it'd make sense to wait and see where the new line is, so that they don't give up more than they are willing.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 02:50 PM
WTFetus
Marlov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
I would just like to see what Giroux gets, maybe we won't give a player more money than him. 7.5-8 million is steep, especially if the cap drops.
Not really comparable considering Giroux is still an RFA. You'd have to overpay if you want an Elite UFA like Perry.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 02:53 PM
Joey McMoss
5-14-6-1

vCash: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakob Silfverberg View Post
It's called a joke.
Ah, I see. Hilarious...

Joey McMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 11:25 PM
Gliff
Kesbae

vCash: 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
I would have thought from the player's POV he would have rather signed long term now(Shea Weber even forced Nashville to give him that kind of contract through the offersheet) in case the CBA prohibits new long-term contracts.

It's likely more the owner's decision than Getzlaf's.
Getzlaf has roots here. I dont see him leaving for a few extra million when he is already going to make more then he can spend in a lifetime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Ah, I see. Hilarious...
Lighten up.

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 11:35 PM
Vankiller Whale

vCash: 1815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
Getzlaf has roots here. I dont see him leaving for a few extra million when he is already going to make more then he can spend in a lifetime.
Never said he would leave, just that he might have preferred to sign a lifetime contract like everyone else before the CBA expired, while the owners would prefer to wait.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 11:51 PM
Gliff
Kesbae

Quote:
Never said he would leave, just that he might have preferred to sign a lifetime contract like everyone else before the CBA expired, while the owners would prefer to wait.
My guess, with no evidence, is that Getzlaf wants to avoid a *****fit negotiation because there is zero chance the owners give anyone a lifetime contract.

Old
09-27-2012, 12:46 AM
RainbowDash
20% Cooler

Both will get at least 8m per year in UFA market regardless of whatever contract limits there are in the new CBA.

RainbowDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 02:41 AM
lawrence

Brian Burkes next target is, probably Getzlaf Perry along with Luongo.

lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 10:52 AM
mightyquack
You're the man Teemu

Quote:
Well Getzlaf might be waiting a long time, Ducks have not and I doubt will ever hand out a lifetime contract.

mightyquack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 10:53 AM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrence View Post
Brian Burkes next target is, probably Getzlaf Perry along with Luongo.
Yeah, I have a feeling Perry will go to the Leafs and become the highest paid player in the NHL.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 11:22 AM
Gliff
Kesbae

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Yeah, I have a feeling Perry will go to the Leafs and become the highest paid player in the NHL.
If he gets paid that much then good riddance,

Old
09-27-2012, 11:29 AM
Karlstrobe
"Lets Win It All"

B. Murray, who drafted Perry, gives him a call and offers him an 8 year deal matching the highest bidder (with our cap space) and shows what the Sens have to offer. I think he would seriously consider something from Ottawa, Spezzas winger, young promising team with a good up and coming coaching staff. Plus he could maybe try winning a cup with, instead of against us..

Karlstrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 01:07 PM
RemoteFan
Couch GM

vCash: 1150
Are teams and managers/players even allowed to talk during this lockout? When the NFL just had theirs none were allowed to communicate.

RemoteFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 04:46 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilfverFoppaBerg View Post
B. Murray, who drafted Perry, gives him a call and offers him an 8 year deal matching the highest bidder (with our cap space) and shows what the Sens have to offer. I think he would seriously consider something from Ottawa, Spezzas winger, young promising team with a good up and coming coaching staff. Plus he could maybe try winning a cup with, instead of against us..
Murray may have drafted him but he also almost traded him for Mike Comrie. I don't think there is any kind of special relationship between the two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoaltendingSieve View Post
Are teams and managers/players even allowed to talk during this lockout? When the NFL just had theirs none were allowed to communicate.
They definitely can't sign contracts. I don't think there is any way for the NHL to stop them communicating though.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 04:59 PM
rockinghockey

Getz had a bad year last year, if he had another one I would not pay 5mil for him but TO would pay 7mil

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 11:48 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoaltendingSieve View Post
Players and teams are not allowed to have any discussions. GM's and coaches I believe are allowed to be in contact with the owners. GM's right now are scouting right now, someone tweeted that.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 04:23 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Ready 4 Ploffs

You guys thinking Perry and Getzlaf are going to split with each other are out to lunch, they've been best friends since they've been drafted if your team doesn't have the money for both, you won't get either, with likely a much lower salary cap to spend with

KEEROLE Vatanen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 07:22 AM
Socratic Method Man
Weise's Lost Lunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
You guys thinking Perry and Getzlaf are going to split with each other are out to lunch, they've been best friends since they've been drafted if your team doesn't have the money for both, you won't get either, with likely a much lower salary cap to spend with
Let's be honest here. These are damn-near franchise players (depending on definitions). Any GM in the league could and would make room for them. The real question is where do they want to play? And I would imagine it's Anaheim. But I would also imagine that they'd have signed long-term extensions already...

Socratic Method Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 11:58 AM
Gliff
Kesbae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic Method Man View Post
Let's be honest here. These are damn-near franchise players (depending on definitions). Any GM in the league could and would make room for them. The real question is where do they want to play? And I would imagine it's Anaheim. But I would also imagine that they'd have signed long-term extensions already...
Ducks wont give a 10 year deal.

I want to see matching 6 year 7 mil contracts. Of coarse I would love to have them at less but if 1 is going to cost more then that then I doubt both can be kept unless the owners really step up the cash.

If Getzlaf and Perry and Koivu and Teemu leave in the same offseason, then the Ducks are easily the worst team in hockey and the rebuild will begin. The nice thing is we already have nice pieces in place with a top 5 prospect pool and young talent on defense. I would assume Ryan would be moved for a centerpiece to build on (Coturier, Huberdeau, Zibanejad, Schenn).

Lets hope it is the first option.

Old
10-01-2012, 02:51 AM
jmoss45

I could definitely see Getzlaf and Perry going to NY if the rangers could find a way to move Gaborik. Glen sather is one of the new that could pull something like that.

Nash-Richards-Callahan
Kreider-Getzlaf-Perry

And I bet there would be a few teams that would add Gaborik, including the pens, the avs and maybe Van?

jmoss45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 05:32 AM
SupermanPahlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoss45 View Post
I could definitely see Getzlaf and Perry going to NY if the rangers could find a way to move Gaborik. Glen sather is one of the new that could pull something like that.

Nash-Richards-Callahan
Kreider-Getzlaf-Perry

And I bet there would be a few teams that would add Gaborik, including the pens, the avs and maybe Van?
I'm sure they're mightily enticed by the prospect of playing second-line minutes. Face it: Getzlaf and Perry are the kings of their own kingdom. Why would they leave, just to be second-fiddle elsewhere? Getzlaf especially. There aren't really any better teams that need a 1C, and while there are plenty of worse teams that do, why would he leave just for a worse shot at winning the Cup?

Before Nash, I could've seen the Rangers making a splash for Perry, but it doesn't seem all that likely now.

SupermanPahlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 07:36 AM
Vankiller Whale

vCash: 1815
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanPahlsson View Post
I'm sure they're mightily enticed by the prospect of playing second-line minutes. Face it: Getzlaf and Perry are the kings of their own kingdom. Why would they leave, just to be second-fiddle elsewhere? Getzlaf especially. There aren't really any better teams that need a 1C, and while there are plenty of worse teams that do, why would he leave just for a worse shot at winning the Cup?

Before Nash, I could've seen the Rangers making a splash for Perry, but it doesn't seem all that likely now.
I don't see the "if they can't be first line players" argument as to why they won't leave, any top-6 spot should be fine, as coaches often try to spread ou scoring threats. Even if it did matter, if Perry leaves then I would say there are quite a few teams that are only missing a #1 C to be a true threat.(St. Louis, Calgary, Florida, Phoenix, heck maybe even the Leafs. The Blackhawks too would give him a prominent role on a stacked team.)

If you say he won't leave because he's settled down, loves it there, etc, that's fine, but from a cynical standpoint there's a lot tto gain by him going elsewhere.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 11:12 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
Ducks wont give a 10 year deal.

I want to see matching 6 year 7 mil contracts. Of coarse I would love to have them at less but if 1 is going to cost more then that then I doubt both can be kept unless the owners really step up the cash.

If Getzlaf and Perry and Koivu and Teemu leave in the same offseason, then the Ducks are easily the worst team in hockey and the rebuild will begin. The nice thing is we already have nice pieces in place with a top 5 prospect pool and young talent on defense. I would assume Ryan would be moved for a centerpiece to build on (Coturier, Huberdeau, Zibanejad, Schenn).

Lets hope it is the first option.
the jackets and isles would still be worse

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 02:01 PM
DuckJet
Poster of the Year

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntison View Post
Perry 6 years 7 per.

To the CANUCKS!

Sedin - Sedin - Perry!
Ducks could easily and wouldn't hesitate to out bid them.

DuckJet is online now   Reply With Quote