HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

University/College Questions Part IV

Old
09-16-2012, 12:47 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
Well, seeing that it would seem the island market is different. Didn't really knew about that. That could serve me, I will just not look for jobs there.
Well, seems logical no? Well, at least I think it does. More room for projects off the island than on it. Then again, more maintenance on the island.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 12:49 PM
Forsead

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Well, seems logical no? Well, at least I think it does. More room for projects off the island than on it. Then again, more maintenance on the island.
Yeah, but I would have though there would have alot of major engineering firms and big construction companies to have their head offices there.

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 03:24 AM
Hades

Anyone here study at UQAM? I start in October, and was wondering about the sports over there. I was considering taking boxing or mma lessons, but I'm not sure if the classes have started. Any of you know? I got some days where I have like 4~5 hours in between courses so if I could fill them up with a sport, it would be nice.

Hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 04:23 AM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
Yeah, but I would have though there would have alot of major engineering firms and big construction companies to have their head offices there.
Depends on what you want... I took a job with a large company because they bid on projects on the island but also have projects all over Canada where they pay you great to travel and bring you back home for a week or more depending on rotation you are on. Right now I am working on a dam, doing night shift at the batch plant. It's great experience and great money too. I may work crazy hours (in 2 weeks I do about 140-160 hours) but I get a week off and I am still making a little more then 1000$ a week (so that's 52000$ a year).

If you desire to make money, get out of Montreal. If money isn't your main priority, staying on the island may be more interesting.

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 04:25 AM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hades View Post
Anyone here study at UQAM? I start in October, and was wondering about the sports over there. I was considering taking boxing or mma lessons, but I'm not sure if the classes have started. Any of you know? I got some days where I have like 4~5 hours in between courses so if I could fill them up with a sport, it would be nice.
I used to work in that area and know a couple of people that went to gyms around the area for this. I can't remember the names or the place, just know they are there. I could ask if you wish to inquire further.

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 11:49 AM
Hades

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
I used to work in that area and know a couple of people that went to gyms around the area for this. I can't remember the names or the place, just know they are there. I could ask if you wish to inquire further.
Yeah that'd be great. I never took boxing or any martial art but always wanted to. If i could find something in that area it would be nice.

Old
09-30-2012, 01:02 PM
Adamcrazy3

Hey guys,

I had an interview with an accounting firm this week and was wondering how long does it usually take them to make a decision and get a call?

Some of my friends at school who also had interviews this week already got verbal offers.

Adamcrazy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2012, 01:09 PM
Franky Gee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamcrazy3 View Post
Hey guys,

I had an interview with an accounting firm this week and was wondering how long does it usually take them to make a decision and get a call?

Some of my friends at school who also had interviews this week already got verbal offers.
It usually takes a week, but if they already sent out some verbal offers, your chances are thinning, obviously. If you want to be sure, send an e-mail to the person in charge of recruiting at the firm, nothing to lose.

Source: Been there, done that.

Franky Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2012, 02:21 PM
Adamcrazy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franky Gee View Post
It usually takes a week, but if they already sent out some verbal offers, your chances are thinning, obviously. If you want to be sure, send an e-mail to the person in charge of recruiting at the firm, nothing to lose.

Source: Been there, done that.
The people who got verbal offers had their interviews early in the week (Monday and Tuesday). My interview was on Wednesday in the afternoon. Should I lose hope?

Old
09-30-2012, 03:30 PM
Garo

Quote:
I don't know about boxing or MMA, but I know the season has started in several sports.

Garo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2012, 04:56 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
The people who got verbal offers had their interviews early in the week (Monday and Tuesday). My interview was on Wednesday in the afternoon. Should I lose hope?
Offers have went out for most firms. I know my friend who had his interview Monday got the offer Wednesday, and another friend who had her interview Friday got the offer 30 minutes later (they must've liked her a lot).

Jack Bourdain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2012, 05:00 PM
Adamcrazy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
Offers have went out for most firms. I know my friend who had his interview Monday got the offer Wednesday, and another friend who had her interview Friday got the offer 30 minutes later (they must've liked her a lot).
Seriously?!? They said they wouldn't make offers until all interviews were done. Oh well, guess I'll have to go through this recruitment process again next year

Old
10-02-2012, 01:35 AM
Hades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garo View Post
I don't know about boxing or MMA, but I know the season has started in several sports.
Ah, that sucks. The late session start messed me up I guess. I'd like to find some boxing class next to UQAM. I guess it'll have to wait till next session.

Quote:
Seriously?!? They said they wouldn't make offers until all interviews were done. Oh well, guess I'll have to go through this recruitment process again next year
Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get a call soon.

Old
10-02-2012, 06:14 AM
Prust Y U MAD Bruins*

Quote:
UQAM ? Université du Québec a la Maison ?

Don't worry, you will have plenty of time doing sports while studying there

Last edited by Prust Y U MAD Bruins*: 10-02-2012 at 06:25 AM.
Prust Y U MAD Bruins* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 02:10 PM
Hades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prust Y U MAD Bruins View Post
UQAM ? Université du Québec a la Maison ?

Don't worry, you will have plenty of time doing sports while studying there
I can appreciate good humor, but this just isn't. Next time don't post unless you have something positive to contribute.

Old
10-02-2012, 09:03 PM
Ryulink

Quote:
Ah, that sucks. The late session start messed me up I guess. I'd like to find some boxing class next to UQAM. I guess it'll have to wait till next session.

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get a call soon.
You still got time for inscription. MMA start next week(9th october) like most if not all of the combat sports.
http://www.sports.uqam.ca/catalogue/...vite.php?id=35

Ryulink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 01:37 AM
Hades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryulink View Post
You still got time for inscription. MMA start next week(9th october) like most if not all of the combat sports.
http://www.sports.uqam.ca/catalogue/...vite.php?id=35
Great! Thanks a lot.

Old
10-03-2012, 08:29 AM
Prust Y U MAD Bruins*

Quote:
I can appreciate good humor, but this just isn't. Next time don't post unless you have something positive to contribute.

Prust Y U MAD Bruins* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 03:13 PM

Hey guys,
I have a friend going in International Studies at UdeM. What do you think about that program? Good job prospects/salary?

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2012, 02:52 AM
Hades

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
Hey guys,
I have a friend going in International Studies at UdeM. What do you think about that program? Good job prospects/salary?
http://ch.monemploi.com/universitair...esEtudesi.html

Old
10-07-2012, 04:20 PM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1340
Does anyone have any experience with COMM 217? I have Campbell and this class seems really challenging. It's really fast-paced, and I wanted to know if anyone here had any pointers or whatnot.

InglewoodJack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2012, 06:24 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
Does anyone have any experience with COMM 217? I have Campbell and this class seems really challenging. It's really fast-paced, and I wanted to know if anyone here had any pointers or whatnot.
I've heard it's a heavy course. I'm not in COMM though.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2012, 07:24 PM
Dwight
The French Tickler

Quote:
I took it 2 years ago. It's a heavy course, but I never found it overwhelming. Once you grasp the basic concepts, the rest builds on that. I had a really awesome teacher though, and he definitely helped me out a lot.

Good luck!

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 08:54 PM
Adamcrazy3

Quote:
COMM 217 is a joke.. You have to keep up with the material though.. Read the chapter and do the assigned problems every week.. They always put the same questions on exams so make sure to solve all the previous midterms and finals.. If you follow my instructions, you're bound to get an A unless you have downs.

Old
10-09-2012, 08:09 PM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1340
Quote:
COMM 217 is a joke.. You have to keep up with the material though.. Read the chapter and do the assigned problems every week.. They always put the same questions on exams so make sure to solve all the previous midterms and finals.. If you follow my instructions, you're bound to get an A unless you have downs.
Well... now I'll feel extra bad when I flunk

InglewoodJack is online now   Reply With Quote