HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), BCHL, CJAHL, and its leagues.

cchl 2012-2013 season

Closed Thread

Old
09-25-2012, 12:04 PM
sawagohabs4ever

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyshack View Post
I agree, the praise for Golberg is overstated.

Phil Paquette was a very good pick up from the Hawks. He just did not fit with Anderson's style of play. Paquette is highly skilled and makes things happen.
Agreed oldnucks, Paquette tends to be a bit too focused on his offence - I just wanted to stick to the positives and for sure he has offensive upside.

As for Golberg or Goldberg, I didn't say he was the second coming of anyone or anything. Unlike most people, I watch what players do in all zones and defensively as well as offensively and in that respect, I think he has been solid and consistent.

As for playing the Grads powerplay, I didn't say anything that would imply it was good. My point was about their lack of ability to move the puck which resulted in them having a forward back there on the PP and he has been effective in helping get the puck into the offensive zone and keeping it there.

Last edited by Majik1987: 09-25-2012 at 12:45 PM. Reason: refers to deleted portion of post.
Old
09-25-2012, 05:36 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawagohabs4ever View Post
Agreed oldnucks, Paquette tends to be a bit too focused on his offence - I just wanted to stick to the positives and for sure he has offensive upside.

As for Golberg or Goldberg, I didn't say he was the second coming of anyone or anything. Unlike most people, I watch what players do in all zones and defensively as well as offensively and in that respect, I think he has been solid and consistent.

As for playing the Grads powerplay, I didn't say anything that would imply it was good. My point was about their lack of ability to move the puck which resulted in them having a forward back there on the PP and he has been effective in helping get the puck into the offensive zone and keeping it there.
If you watch what he does in all zones then you would know he is not close to a standout player. He often leaves the puck and is afraid of the physical side of the game.
Having a forward on the blue line does not help puck movement if you have a decent defenceman to do the job.
One thing I would like to praise about the grads tho is how tenacious they are and the no quit attitude they seem to have.

Old
09-25-2012, 05:56 PM
eddyshack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangersfan21 View Post
If you watch what he does in all zones then you would know he is not close to a standout player. He often leaves the puck and is afraid of the physical side of the game.
Having a forward on the blue line does not help puck movement if you have a decent defenceman to do the job.
One thing I would like to praise about the grads tho is how tenacious they are and the no quit attitude they seem to have.
What player are you talking about ?

I saw only one game and on the smaller ice in Navan the Grads came on strong in both ends. I agree, they are very tenancious and do not quit. IMO a much better team on ice than on paper.

I don't know if the Grads goalie was good or lucky, but he had a very good day.

It will be interesting to see the Grads play the Colts at the Cornwall Complex on the big ice. The Colts will be anxioulsy waiting for them, I am sure.

It should be a very good game and that is my only prediction.

Last edited by eddyshack: 09-25-2012 at 06:46 PM.
Old
09-26-2012, 08:06 PM
BringBackThaDeeks
Rookie User

Quote:
Been reading this blog for years and all the slagging on kids and figured I'd finally jump in. Before anyone says it, I'm not related to Mark Golberg. I watched him play since novice and coached him one summer and he sure wasn't afraid then. Smart, hardwroking and a leader. That was a few years ago and I know things can change by the time a kid gets to junior but I seem him play last year at the all-star game in Smith falls and he played the same then and I saw him again on the weekend againts OJS and he was the best skater on the ice. I dont know if you saw him on a bad day or have other reason to hate on him or what but thats just my 2 cents.

Old
09-26-2012, 08:15 PM
Rangersfan21

Everyone has their opinion. Looking forward to CP and colts game tomorrow as it will be a good test for CP as they have had a soft schedule so far. Although some will argue about smiths falls....there only two losses

Old
09-26-2012, 08:18 PM
eddyshack

Quote:
Everyone has their opinion. Looking forward to CP and colts game tomorrow as it will be a good test for CP as they have had a soft schedule so far. Although some will argue about smiths falls....there only two losses
Ya ... Bring on CPC !

Old
09-26-2012, 08:59 PM
overtheboards

The fools from hawkesbury were out in full force @ the end of the game tonight . Bussey cross checks a player in the head who was looking away from him and then the other 4 idiots on the ice jump in . Anderson just looks on with a big smile on his face like its funny . A player will be seriously injured if the league doesnt step in and do something about it soon .

Old
09-26-2012, 09:25 PM
eddyshack

Quote:
Originally Posted by overtheboards View Post
The fools from hawkesbury were out in full force @ the end of the game tonight . Bussey cross checks a player in the head who was looking away from him and then the other 4 idiots on the ice jump in . Anderson just looks on with a big smile on his face like its funny . A player will be seriously injured if the league doesnt step in and do something about it soon .
" a fish rots from the head down". Anderson is a goon and I agree, the League needs to look at this.

Congrats to the Rangers for beating them on the score board, even though they paid a heavy price.

Last edited by eddyshack: 09-26-2012 at 11:01 PM.
Old
09-26-2012, 09:44 PM
EasternOntario Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by overtheboards View Post
Ya I was at the game and dont have a vested interest in either team, and totally agree that Hawkesbury are gutless pukes. Obviously their coach is also a gutless moron---i thought the days of sending out your tough guys with 10 seconds left in the game against a small line that couldnt change because of an icing call were long past. I guess the league doesnt really care about having coaches like that----someone will get hurt and they won't care.
If your pissed off because you are losing,go out and try to hit hard, but to act like that is ridiculous. I presume they will do it all year because they are a horrible team and will lose most of their games. Hopefully next time they do it the other team has some tough guys on---but i am sure the classless losers wouldn't dare do it if some big guys were lined up against them.

Old
09-26-2012, 11:53 PM
putmeincoach

I have to agree. Didn't have much respect for Hawkesbury before, have even less now.

Old
09-27-2012, 01:36 AM
eddyshack

Quote:
Originally Posted by putmeincoach View Post
I have to agree. Didn't have much respect for Hawkesbury before, have even less now.
And the crime ? Anderson is not only the head coach, I understand he is a part owner.

The (bully) coach cannot be fired !

I wonder what Ian Henderson, a terricifc person and proven GM thinks about this horrific situation.

Apparently, Notice has been given. If some player gets seriously hurt, the team, owners, management and the League could be held responsbile.

Play hockey Hawkesbury !

Old
09-27-2012, 09:10 AM
hardfacts

Quote:
And the crime ? Anderson is not only the head coach, I understand he is a part owner.

The (bully) coach cannot be fired !

I wonder what Ian Henderson, a terricifc person and proven GM thinks about this horrific situation.

Apparently, Notice has been given. If some player gets seriously hurt, the team, owners, management and the League could be held responsbile.

Play hockey Hawkesbury !
How about the vicious cross check the the head of one of the CP players in the playoffs....if that didnt send signals...nothing will.....like i said in my last post....was at the Kings and Hawks game Sunday....4 minors in first...and were bad penalties...but nothing like last night...

Old
09-27-2012, 01:22 PM
BackBringCam

Not alot of talk about Kanata, they seem to of had a good start for a change. We'll see if they can stay in the mix over the long run. Still nice to see them and Smiths Falls doing well

Old
09-27-2012, 08:12 PM
Grabbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZebraCritic View Post
Well since I don't know the inner working of the Canadians organization or that of the coaches head, I'm unsure as to why he chose that player or time to send him off....I can assume lots but can't accurately give you a reason.....

All I do know was that the once only voice of reason in Raiders nation has turned into the same braggart boorish type that the rest seem to be on here....Sad Grabbers.

This whole conversation was started by me saying that early on the Canadians and specifically coach JC seemed to be getting worked over by the ref's more spo than any other team...and they were...agree with me or not the numbers didn't lie....I also said it would'nt last and it is now starting to correct itself, like I thought it would. WHat is funny, is that when it was happening to CPC, Raiders fans and the like where quick to jump on to say how undisciplined the Canadians are, but when Nepean goes off half cocked for a home and home its the officiatings fault....

Whichever, I was just trying to start a debate and I guess I accomplished what I set out to do.

Well Zebra - now I know why I am not a coach and JC is. Just watching Fasthockey as the Colts and your Canadians are the only game in town.

Your top guy responds - after being sent off last game - he gets four assists in the first period against Cornwall (he didn't get credit for a nice set up the third goal but it was clearly him bringing the puck up the ice making a pass to his brother). He then added a goal in the second.

You win this argument. Tail between my legs.

Note however that he also had a penalty in the first - and wasn't sent to the room.

Very entertaining game.

Old
09-27-2012, 09:30 PM
eddyshack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabbers View Post

Well Zebra - now I know why I am not a coach and JC is. Just watching Fasthockey as the Colts and your Canadians are the only game in town.

Your top guy responds - after being sent off last game - he gets four assists in the first period against Cornwall (he didn't get credit for a nice set up the third goal but it was clearly him bringing the puck up the ice making a pass to his brother). He then added a goal in the second.

You win this argument. Tail between my legs.

Note however that he also had a penalty in the first - and wasn't sent to the room.

Very entertaining game.
"Entertaining" if your are a CPC fan.

CPC is a big, fast, hard hitting team and can move the puck. No penalty issues. I would think the team to beat this year.

Goal tending tonight was not stellar for either team.

Last edited by eddyshack: 09-28-2012 at 02:21 AM.
Old
09-28-2012, 07:57 AM
MacM

Quote:

CPC is a big, fast, hard hitting team and can move the puck. No penalty issues.
I think newcomer Globke would be tough to play against. Has skill, but also a bit dirty. Bit of a stick artist, and saw him smoke someone last weekend with an elbow to the chin after the whistle when the other guy let up. I foresee penalties - but also points.

Old
09-28-2012, 08:54 AM
hardfacts

Quote:

CPC is a big, fast, hard hitting team and can move the puck. No penalty issues. I would think the team to beat this year.

watched game last night...canadians goaltending was bad....colts was worse.....

Old
09-28-2012, 09:31 AM
Grabbers

Quote:

I just like to see scoring when my team isn't involved. There was plenty of that. : )

And yes the announcers at the Colts arena (Fasthockey broadcast) commented on the netminding.

I guess CP answered the critics (including me) regarding play against the better teams and what appeared to be a soft schedule to begin the year. Unless of course you don't consider the Colts a top team either (i do - and there were positives for them including a three point night from their now healthy new forward).

Still early and plenty of time for everyone to tinker.

Old
09-28-2012, 10:41 AM
CJHL SUPPORTER

Were you at the game???

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardfacts View Post
watched game last night...canadians goaltending was bad....colts was worse.....
Not sure you were at the same game I was at but most teams would love to have any perceived goal tending problems you think Carleton Place has

The goalie for Carleton place now has 4 wins and 1 loss and has a goal against percentage of .903. He stopped 31 shots out of 35.

The wheels are not following off the bus.

In fact for your information the Carleton Place assistant coach was fielding many recruiting questions about their stellar goal tender after the game from several NCAA scouts.

Perhaps you were getting a hot dog in the arena and this is your main staple>

Old
09-28-2012, 11:15 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJHL SUPPORTER View Post
Not sure you were at the same game I was at but most teams would love to have any perceived goal tending problems you think Carleton Place has

The goalie for Carleton place now has 4 wins and 1 loss and has a goal against percentage of .903. He stopped 31 shots out of 35.

In fact for your information the Carleton Place assistant coach was fielding many recruiting questions about their stellar goal tender after the game from several NCAA scouts.

Thanks Mr. Couvrette :-)

Old
09-28-2012, 12:26 PM
end2endrush

In the past 2 games they've let up 9 goals, to mediocre Cornwall and Kemptville. You should stop pumping your son's tires Mr. Couvrette. I do believe CP will be a top 3 team this year though, along with Pembroke and Nepean (once they figure it out)

Old
09-28-2012, 12:32 PM
BackBringCam

Quote:
Originally Posted by end2endrush View Post
In the past 2 games they've let up 9 goals, to mediocre Cornwall and Kemptville. You should stop pumping your son's tires Mr. Couvrette. I do believe CP will be a top 3 team this year though, along with Pembroke and Nepean (once they figure it out)
Careful Eddy Shack will tell on you for calling someone by their real name!!

Old
09-28-2012, 01:40 PM
hardfacts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJHL SUPPORTER View Post

Well i guess we will see how many games the two goalies in CP will play when kujava gets back....my perdiction....less than 10....

Old
09-28-2012, 05:29 PM
MacM

Quote:
Well i guess we will see how many games the two goalies in CP will play when kujava gets back....my perdiction....less than 10....
Bingo

Old
09-28-2012, 07:54 PM
Quo

Quote:
As true as this might be, I still thought Courvette played a decent game and was solid when he had to be. Didn't seem he had much of a chance on the goals he let in. He also got some lucky breaks on some errant Cornwall passes floating through the slot untouched. Overall, he was OK and moved quite well.

Cornwall's goaltending on the other hand... Monday morning QB: I'd of just stuck with Piccolino. For all the goals (4) he let in in the first only one of those was a real stinker and I thought he also came up with some good saves. Jenkins did not have his best night. To say the least.

Meanwhile, here we are up 3-2 on Smith Falls with 4:34 left in period 2.

Closed Thread