HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Tyler Myers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-27-2012, 05:03 PM
  #76
dave babych returns
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,839
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Edler's return + 1st + 1st + prospect >> Myers

And it would be a sad day if Myers is our best player.

Not that this matters, as I believe Edler will re-sign with us.
Edler's return would probably not be that great if it looked like he was heading to free agency (unless he's being traded to a team with a guy like Terry Pegula signing the cheques).

I would happily trade two firsts and a prospect for Tyler Myers, the kid is younger than Chris Tanev and hit one point off of Alex Edler's career high in his rookie season.

He's got the frame and the skill set to be a dominant player in the NHL, and I said he has the potential to be a dominant player (and the best on the Canucks), not that he is that player now.

Anyway it's a big offer but that's what it would take to get a player like Myers because these players simply don't become available otherwise.

dave babych returns is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 05:06 PM
  #77
Fastasaurus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Saskatoon,Sask
Country: Canada
Posts: 615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by couture23 View Post
In what world are you living in?
Agreed, Franson and a 3rd is as bad as Hamilton and Krejci just on the other end of the scale.

Fastasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 05:10 PM
  #78
stokes84
Registered User
 
stokes84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Charleston, SC
Country: United States
Posts: 10,354
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastasaurus View Post
Agreed, Franson and a 3rd is as bad as Hamilton and Krejci just on the other end of the scale.
No, it's much worse. A 22 year old, no. 1 defenseman for a no. 2 center and a top prospect is probably correct value. Would Boston do it? Probably not, but that's what it would cost, at least.

stokes84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 05:25 PM
  #79
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,222
vCash: 1815
Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
No, it's much worse. A 22 year old, no. 1 defenseman for a no. 2 center and a top prospect is probably correct value. Would Boston do it? Probably not, but that's what it would cost, at least.
Krejci is a top 30 centre in the league. At worst a 1B. While it may take overpayment to get him out of Buffalo, A 1B centre and the best defensive prospect in the league is not at all correct value.

I also wouldn't call Myers' current play #1 calibre right now either.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 05:52 PM
  #80
tsujimoto74
Moderator
 
tsujimoto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Rochester
Country: United States
Posts: 11,217
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Krejci is a top 30 centre in the league. At worst a 1B. While it may take overpayment to get him out of Buffalo, A 1B centre and the best defensive prospect in the league is not at all correct value.

I also wouldn't call Myers' current play #1 calibre right now either.
Cool. Doesn't matter what you consider Myers. He is a unique talent and someone would have to make a STUPID offer for Buffalo to even kind of consider moving him.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 05:54 PM
  #81
natephil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 153
vCash: 500
Kadri and a 3rd gets it done. (NHL 13 Talk)

natephil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 07:33 PM
  #82
EichHart
HFBoards Sponsor
 
EichHart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Hamburg, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,071
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Krejci is a top 30 centre in the league. At worst a 1B. While it may take overpayment to get him out of Buffalo, A 1B centre and the best defensive prospect in the league is not at all correct value.

I also wouldn't call Myers' current play #1 calibre right now either.
Says the guy who thinks Cory Schneider should get a ridiculous return if traded in some of those proposals I've seen you create.

EichHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 07:50 PM
  #83
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,222
vCash: 1815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awwufelloff View Post
Says the guy who thinks Cory Schneider should get a ridiculous return if traded in some of those proposals I've seen you create.
Umm...Okay? Not sure what your definition for ridiculous return is. Mine includes Hamilton + Krejci for a #2 defenseman with upside.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 08:13 PM
  #84
me2
Seahawks 43
 
me2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Broncos 8
Country: Wallis & Futuna
Posts: 22,925
vCash: 50
I'm not sure why people would be targetting RNH/Hall/Eberle in a HF trade. I'd go after Yakupov as he's far more HF tradable. He hasn't played a game yet and Edmonton (fans) aren't emotionally bonded on to the point of suicide if they trade him. Sell it them easy enough Hall-RNH-Eberle-Myers-Schultz-Klefblom, now all they need is a star goalie and UFA 1/2c (that lineup would be temping for someone like Perry or Getzlaf).


Last edited by me2: 09-27-2012 at 08:19 PM.
me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 09:19 PM
  #85
ToddRundgren
A Wizard A True Star
 
ToddRundgren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Somerville MA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,338
vCash: 500
As a Boston fan, I don't even want o trade Krejci. I don't view him as expendable at all. It's just that I think Myers will be that good.

__________________
Dusk At Cubist Castle
ToddRundgren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 11:17 PM
  #86
Leafs For Life*
Nothing
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,636
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by me2 View Post
I'm not sure why people would be targetting RNH/Hall/Eberle in a HF trade. I'd go after Yakupov as he's far more HF tradable. He hasn't played a game yet and Edmonton (fans) aren't emotionally bonded on to the point of suicide if they trade him. Sell it them easy enough Hall-RNH-Eberle-Myers-Schultz-Klefblom, now all they need is a star goalie and UFA 1/2c (that lineup would be temping for someone like Perry or Getzlaf).
Because Ebs/Hall/RNH/Myers>>Yakupov?

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 11:26 PM
  #87
McTank
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,888
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post
Because Ebs/Hall/RNH/Myers>>Yakupov?
Ya I think so, edmonton has a much larger need for a franchise defenseman than winger

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 01:32 AM
  #88
tsujimoto74
Moderator
 
tsujimoto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Rochester
Country: United States
Posts: 11,217
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by me2 View Post
I'm not sure why people would be targetting RNH/Hall/Eberle in a HF trade. I'd go after Yakupov as he's far more HF tradable. He hasn't played a game yet and Edmonton (fans) aren't emotionally bonded on to the point of suicide if they trade him. Sell it them easy enough Hall-RNH-Eberle-Myers-Schultz-Klefblom, now all they need is a star goalie and UFA 1/2c (that lineup would be temping for someone like Perry or Getzlaf).
No one's targeting any of those players. Buffalo isn't desperate to add more small, skilled forwards. Not to mention there's no way an unproven winger (considerably less important position than D) like Yakupov is an enticing enough offer to make Buffalo consider trading away their 22yo monstrously large #1D. Not even close.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 04:25 AM
  #89
mytor4*
 
mytor4*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post
Underpayment.
Hall/Eberle/RNH for Myers
Subban+Galyenchuk for Myers+Adam

Resist urge to counter including trashing Leafs, 99% complete, and 100. Got lucky this time.
Sound familiar.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 07:50 AM
  #90
Oates2Neely
Registered User
 
Oates2Neely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BeanTown
Country: Azores
Posts: 8,807
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LancelotLink View Post
As a Boston fan, I don't even want o trade Krejci. I don't view him as expendable at all. It's just that I think Myers will be that good.
I certainly would like Myers in Boston, but no way would I give up BOTH Krejci & Hamilton.

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 08:49 AM
  #91
ToddRundgren
A Wizard A True Star
 
ToddRundgren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Somerville MA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,338
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
I certainly would like Myers in Boston, but no way would I give up BOTH Krejci & Hamilton.
I wouldn't be happy about it of course but you gotta get to give. Myers is a special player. I don't think the standard quantity (Knight, Caron, Koko and a couple picks) would get their attention. Hell I might do it and I love Krejci.

ToddRundgren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 08:55 AM
  #92
topshelf15
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5,667
vCash: 500
Young franchise defender in the making ,that will cost a lot.

topshelf15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 08:56 AM
  #93
johnnyutah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,460
vCash: 500
spezza for myers and grigorenko

johnnyutah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 08:59 AM
  #94
HiddenInLight
Registered User
 
HiddenInLight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,534
vCash: 500
I'm honestly surprised. I would think that if Boston was going to go after and defensemen on Buffalos roster it would be sekera to pair him up with Chara. Those two were scary together.

HiddenInLight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 09:01 AM
  #95
HiddenInLight
Registered User
 
HiddenInLight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,534
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyutah View Post
spezza for myers and grigorenko
Switch out Grigorenko with Girgenson and you have yourself a deal.

HiddenInLight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 09:06 AM
  #96
topshelf15
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5,667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
Switch out Grigorenko with Girgenson and you have yourself a deal.
Yep it would be about that much if buffalo was interested in moving him ,which they arent .Ottawa couldnt make this deal even if it was offered Spezza is one of the only real proven offensive forwards we currently posessMan we need some wingers

topshelf15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 09:18 AM
  #97
Oates2Neely
Registered User
 
Oates2Neely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BeanTown
Country: Azores
Posts: 8,807
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
I'm honestly surprised. I would think that if Boston was going to go after and defensemen on Buffalos roster it would be sekera to pair him up with Chara. Those two were scary together.
It would be. Myers is fantastic, but with Hamilton Boston is hoping he will fill that need for a tall, puck moving, right-handed, top-pairing dman. Not to mention Boston cant afford to give up Krejci without getting a top-6 forward in return.

IF Hamilton doesnt crack under the pressure of the NHL his rookie season, B's defense will be strong.

Chara-Boychuk
Seidenberg-*Hamilton
Ference-McQuaid

*hoping he can play mid-pairing by the all-star break

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 09:19 AM
  #98
Oates2Neely
Registered User
 
Oates2Neely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BeanTown
Country: Azores
Posts: 8,807
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf15 View Post
Yep it would be about that much if buffalo was interested in moving him ,which they arent .Ottawa couldnt make this deal even if it was offered Spezza is one of the only real proven offensive forwards we currently posessMan we need some wingers
Mikael Boedker is a guy I always envision Ottawa trading for. Potential, but not getting it done in Phoenix, could be had for a decent price?

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 09:24 AM
  #99
topshelf15
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5,667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Mikael Boedker is a guy I always envision Ottawa trading for. Potential, but not getting it done in Phoenix, could be had for a decent price?
Yep i could see that,but i also think ottawa will try to run with the kids at the wing and see where it goes.

Our goaltending is still solid enough to at least keep us somewhat competitive.

topshelf15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 09:35 AM
  #100
Oates2Neely
Registered User
 
Oates2Neely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BeanTown
Country: Azores
Posts: 8,807
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf15 View Post
Yep i could see that,but i also think ottawa will try to run with the kids at the wing and see where it goes.

Our goaltending is still solid enough to at least keep us somewhat competitive.
A UFA sigining or two away from being a contender IMO. A scoring wing, a vet mid-pairing dman.

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.