CH4

vCash: 500
sags fan: it's not marginal

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 10:49 AM
Flyers12

I think really Huberdeau will go to Halifax for a lot of draft pick and Drouin next year.

Flyers12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 12:48 PM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers12 View Post
I think really Huberdeau will go to Halifax for a lot of draft pick and Drouin next year.
Why would the Mooseheads trade their future franchise player for the next 3 years for one run this season?

A few months of Huberdeau are not worth Drouin, never mind the draft picks that they absolutely don't have to close that deal....

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 12:52 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4 View Post
sags fan: it's not marginal
Gagne 3
Gillard 2

Still, it depends on if Cam would do that, and if it's for a 2nd, then maybe...

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 12:53 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers12 View Post
Huberdeau for Drouin is unfair to Halifax... Although if Drouin keeps progressing he could be in the NHL at 19yo (14-15 season) And if he does play 3 more years than it's even worse.

Old
09-29-2012, 07:03 AM
JohnnyB11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reesor01 View Post
This is our year.... yes. But that doesn't mean you just blindly throw 1st rounders away for marginal upgrades at a certain position.

I guess people just don't see what we in Halifax see in Gillard, so I'll never win that argument. It's tough to justify how good a player is when he scored 0 goals and 14 assists as an 18yo, and then sat out almost the whole year as a 19yo. So I can understand why people would think Gagné is worth it.
One thing that makes comparison tricky s well is that they bring a different game. Gagne is speed and finesse, PP QB. Gillard is more of a defensive Dman who can hit.

That being said, I don't follow whether the debate is on which is better, or if Gagne would be worth the asking price. If its about the player themselves, if you take the SJ fans and Hali fans out of it there's no way on my mind Gagne doesn't get the nod.

JohnnyB11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 11:29 AM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB11 View Post
One thing that makes comparison tricky s well is that they bring a different game. Gagne is speed and finesse, PP QB. Gillard is more of a defensive Dman who can hit.

That being said, I don't follow whether the debate is on which is better, or if Gagne would be worth the asking price. If its about the player themselves, if you take the SJ fans and Hali fans out of it there's no way on my mind Gagne doesn't get the nod.
We're not saying Gagne isn't better, he is. I'm just saying the upgrade would be marginal for the price we'd have to pay If it would be indeed a 1st, then maybe we don't do it.

Old
09-29-2012, 12:01 PM
JohnnyB11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
We're not saying Gagne isn't better, he is. I'm just saying the upgrade would be marginal for the price we'd have to pay If it would be indeed a 1st, then maybe we don't do it.
I'm not real familiar with the entire d squad for Halifax, but it seems to me that Gagne would be a pretty good fit for the Moose. Who is running the PP there, Abeltshauser?

Old
09-29-2012, 06:34 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Drouin could be in the NHL next year....

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 09:51 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Drouin could be in the NHL next year....
What does that have to do with the sea dogs and huberdeau?

Maybe, but he might need to make his game more adaptable in his 18yo season with Halifax.

Old
09-29-2012, 09:56 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB11 View Post
I'm not real familiar with the entire d squad for Halifax, but it seems to me that Gagne would be a pretty good fit for the Moose. Who is running the PP there, Abeltshauser?
He would be indeed a good fit for the Moose.

Yes, Abelt is our PPQB and is pretty affective offensively. Weegar is expected to step up and provide offense as KA can't do it alone. If not, Gagne or Gagnon will get consideration for sure. Gagne's price seems like it would be lower...

Old
09-30-2012, 12:29 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
What does that have to do with the sea dogs and huberdeau?

Maybe, but he might need to make his game more adaptable in his 18yo season with Halifax.
People suggesting he'd be the return...

Old
09-30-2012, 07:44 PM
Howboutthempanthers
No Bandwagon Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceManCat View Post
Id like to see him play in the AHL but I guess thats not an option
Too young I think.

Howboutthempanthers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 11:39 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
Why would the Mooseheads trade their future franchise player for the next 3 years for one run this season?

A few months of Huberdeau are not worth Drouin, never mind the draft picks that they absolutely don't have to close that deal....

none of the so-called "big teams" have any first round picks this year. The only team that is expected to be in the top half that has first round picks is Gatineau (no longer a shoe in for a good year with the goalie situation, and Bathurst have 2 picks)

moncton has none, halifax has none, Quebec has none, Blainville no longer has any.... it could be either a boring trading season, or it will be a back end loaded trade with players going at the end of the season.

i would love if the league got rid of those future consideration, and back end deals. Then we could really see who is capable of managing teams and rosters.

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 12:22 PM
CH4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
none of the so-called "big teams" have any first round picks this year. The only team that is expected to be in the top half that has first round picks is Gatineau (no longer a shoe in for a good year with the goalie situation, and Bathurst have 2 picks)

moncton has none, halifax has none, Quebec has none, Blainville no longer has any.... it could be either a boring trading season, or it will be a back end loaded trade with players going at the end of the season.

i would love if the league got rid of those future consideration, and back end deals. Then we could really see who is capable of managing teams and rosters.
Blainville still have Saint John's first round

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 01:15 PM
ClemQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4 View Post
Blainville still have Saint John's first round
My error, i had assumed they moved the 2013 pick for Carrier. I stand corrected, they moved their 2014 - 1st round pick.

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2012, 03:22 PM
Nbhabfan

I've watched him play live probably close to 100 times & am adamant that Huberdeau does not have the upper body strength to handle the NHL for at least another year, so frankly the lockout is to his benefit so long as the Seadogs trade him. He has the hands, & he has the vision, skating's OK & he can get away without the physical aspect in the Q, among boys, but am afraid he will get eaten up unless he matures more physically. The bigger stronger oppenents are manhandling him to some degree already, especially with the Dogs having no one to at all to "watch his back" this year. The best thing the Pathers can do for him is to leave him in the "Q" but try to "influence" the Dogs to trade him to a serious contender at Christmas. He will become increasingly frustrated with each game he plays, with no finishers to work with, while he gets worked over during every game with the Dogs. Of course trading him will also allow the dogs to accelerate the rebuild, a couple of years from now, who knows...

Nbhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 08:34 PM
JohnnyB11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nbhabfan View Post
I've watched him play live probably close to 100 times & am adamant that Huberdeau does not have the upper body strength to handle the NHL for at least another year, so frankly the lockout is to his benefit so long as the Seadogs trade him. He has the hands, & he has the vision, skating's OK & he can get away without the physical aspect in the Q, among boys, but am afraid he will get eaten up unless he matures more physically. The bigger stronger oppenents are manhandling him to some degree already, especially with the Dogs having no one to at all to "watch his back" this year. The best thing the Pathers can do for him is to leave him in the "Q" but try to "influence" the Dogs to trade him to a serious contender at Christmas. He will become increasingly frustrated with each game he plays, with no finishers to work with, while he gets worked over during every game with the Dogs. Of course trading him will also allow the dogs to accelerate the rebuild, a couple of years from now, who knows...
If Huberdeau stays in the Q, there will be no need for Florida to try and 'influence' a trade. In that scenario there's no question Huberdeau gets dealt to the highest bidder at Christmas, and if he's staying in the league SJ will get a boatload for him.

As far as the upper body strength - I've watched him probably as much as you and I think he'd be alright - he definitely could use more strength but he'd be OK in the big league imo.

Old
10-09-2012, 11:05 AM
angry pirate

Firstly on Huberdeau - I don't see Quebec or Halifax in the running. As a Halifax fan I can tell you that we don't have the assets to make it happen, and the dark ages brought on by the Marchand trade are a stinging reminder of what spreading yourself too thin can produce.

Secondly on Gillard - Our D has proven largely effective this season through 7 games. Small sample size I know, but as mentioned above, we have limited tradable assests this season, and our second line is a glaring need atm. We aren't going to waste assets on our D if it's working when we have serious question marks around Ciampini and Boudreau remaining.

Thirdly, if(when) a trade involving Huberdeau does happen, I think it'll be to a team none of us are expecting. A team just on the outside of being a competetor who thinks Huberdeau will give them that edge.

angry pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 10:39 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry pirate View Post
Firstly on Huberdeau - I don't see Quebec or Halifax in the running. As a Halifax fan I can tell you that we don't have the assets to make it happen, and the dark ages brought on by the Marchand trade are a stinging reminder of what spreading yourself too thin can produce.

Secondly on Gillard - Our D has proven largely effective this season through 7 games. Small sample size I know, but as mentioned above, we have limited tradable assests this season, and our second line is a glaring need atm. We aren't going to waste assets on our D if it's working when we have serious question marks around Ciampini and Boudreau remaining.

Thirdly, if(when) a trade involving Huberdeau does happen, I think it'll be to a team none of us are expecting. A team just on the outside of being a competetor who thinks Huberdeau will give them that edge.
I agree, if we're trading with Saint John the only option would be #2 line winger, Tesink. We don't need another home-run superstar in Hubey, although I'd hate to see him go to an already dangerous team (Quebec, BLB)

Val-d'Or have got off to a shaky start, but they could make a pitch. Solid group of specs or picks to deal, and I think they'll be a #5-8 team come Christmas... And we saw last year that the underdog seeds can make noise.

Old
10-29-2012, 12:01 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
I agree, if we're trading with Saint John the only option would be #2 line winger, Tesink. We don't need another home-run superstar in Hubey, although I'd hate to see him go to an already dangerous team (Quebec, BLB)

Val-d'Or have got off to a shaky start, but they could make a pitch. Solid group of specs or picks to deal, and I think they'll be a #5-8 team come Christmas... And we saw last year that the underdog seeds can make noise.
Does Huberdeau have an NTC ?

Old
10-30-2012, 12:10 AM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Does Huberdeau have an NTC ?

You'd think with SJ's situation, it would be waived at Christmas.

Old
10-30-2012, 12:11 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:

You'd think with SJ's situation, it would be waived at Christmas.
But only to 3 teams..

Old
10-30-2012, 12:55 PM
ElementZ

Expired at 19

ElementZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 02:04 PM
RJQuack