HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect Thread - Part XI

Closed Thread

Old
09-27-2012, 12:10 PM
Jevo

vCash: 500
Nicklas Jensen and AIK are playing right now. You can watch the game here: http://www.streamblaster.com/

Old
09-27-2012, 12:21 PM
Aqualung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevo View Post
Nicklas Jensen and AIK are playing right now. You can watch the game here: http://www.streamblaster.com/
Are there anybody in the stands? Looks WAY empty. How do the teams make money if hockey is so niche?

Old
09-27-2012, 12:29 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather

vCash: 50
Tommernes is playing with Frolunda as well at the moment.

Thanks for the stream, Jevo - wish I could watch.

Old
09-27-2012, 03:09 PM
Elbows of Bure

Jensen didn't hit the score sheet, but he did take 5 shots on net, and one wide. Also, according to the elitserien match sheet, he was a +1. Or at least, he wasn't on the ice for any of his teams 4 goals against. Every game he's up there with 4+ shots. That's good to see!

Old
09-27-2012, 03:17 PM
Mitts McCann

No points today? Bust.

Old
09-27-2012, 06:14 PM
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning

vCash: 1815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
No points today? Bust.
It's kind of sad that I(and I'm sure I'm not the only one) am half-expecting Jensen to go PPG.

Old
09-27-2012, 07:09 PM
Mitts McCann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
It's kind of sad that I(and I'm sure I'm not the only one) am half-expecting Jensen to go PPG.
I dont really care about the point to much. I want him to tidy up his game with the little things. He'll always be a point producer in the NHL. He's got "it"

Old
09-27-2012, 07:40 PM
ihaveyuidonttouchme

McEneny with 1 PP assist from 4-2 loss to Windsor. Looks like he has a quite a blast from the point especially on the pp (i counted at least 2 blast maybe more..idk). I'm listening the game via radio...

Last edited by ihaveyuidonttouchme: 09-27-2012 at 08:40 PM.
Old
09-27-2012, 07:49 PM
clay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
No, he's a first round pick and should be a point producer in a league that all-in-all has around the same firepower as the AHL. While a point per game is a stretch for a 19 year old, he should be racking up points if he projects to be a top line winger at the NHL level.

Old
09-27-2012, 08:32 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post
No, he's a first round pick and should be a point producer in a league that all-in-all has around the same firepower as the AHL. While a point per game is a stretch for a 19 year old, he should be racking up points if he projects to be a top line winger at the NHL level.
SEL is lower scoring than the AHL and higher quality of competition.

Old
09-28-2012, 12:27 AM
vanuck
#Gaunce4GM

Wolves training camp starts tomorrow, first pre-season game is on Monday.

Schedule

Old
09-28-2012, 05:20 AM
Robin Hood

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post
4 points in six matches. Third in scoring in the entire SEL playing for the arguably worst team out there. Has most shots on team. Tied for lead in +/- in his team. 6 goals in 8 AHL matches last season.

For the record, last season only two players in SEL was PPG. The year before it was also only two.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAllPartOfThePlan
Is Jensen eligible for the WJs?

Yes, but Denmark was relegated to Division 1.
He will play in the olympic qualifiers for Denmark and be a very important peice.

Old
09-28-2012, 07:54 AM
Tiranis

Jeff Tambellini was well above PPG in the AHL and is now below PPG in the Swiss league. Comparing the SEL and the AHL is just silly.

Old
09-28-2012, 08:23 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
Jeff Tambellini was well above PPG in the AHL and is now below PPG in the Swiss league. Comparing the SEL and the AHL is just silly.
I think it's difficult for North American posters to determine how good a league actually is in Europe. Sure, you can go by the top scorers in that league, but that's a flawed technique as how would we know how good those scorers are vs. NHL'ers? Still though, knowing the SEL is a relatively low scoring league that is roughly 3rd overall in the world competition wise is promising.

I'm more curious about Grenier's league, can anyone offer some insight?

Old
09-28-2012, 11:42 AM
Ched Brosky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
I think a lot of people forget that the AHL is made of journeymen of guys who will barely get a a couple games in the NHL, a bunch of fringe NHLers who may end up withh 100-200 NHL games played by the time they retire like Baumer, and maybe a couple NHLers with huge cap hits teams can't afford and then a bunch of good/project prospects.

While Euro leagues are filled with former 3rd/4th line NHLers and sometimes guys who could still be 2nd pairing/2nd line players like Naslund/Forsberg/Wallin just like the AHL has their decent overpaid NHLers like Redden/Avery. On top of that they then the same type of players that are in the AHL.

Old
09-28-2012, 03:09 PM
IComeInPeace

Don't the Euro leagues also only award a single assist on a goal?

Love Jensen, but no way he will be a PPG producer for the entire season in the SEL. He only produced a PPG over his last two seasons in junior, with the possibility of a second assist on each goal.

Put up respectable numbers, play strong at both ends of the ice and become a guy that AV can trust when you come to Vancouver. That would be a good rookie pro season in my eyes. Also, please don't get hurt!

Old
09-28-2012, 04:35 PM
Andy Dufresne

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by IComeInPeace View Post
Don't the Euro leagues also only award a single assist on a goal?

Love Jensen, but no way he will be a PPG producer for the entire season in the SEL. He only produced a PPG over his last two seasons in junior, with the possibility of a second assist on each goal.

Put up respectable numbers, play strong at both ends of the ice and become a guy that AV can trust when you come to Vancouver. That would be a good rookie pro season in my eyes. Also, please don't get hurt!
SEL has 2 assists per goal. Last league I heard of with max 1 assist was the old Russian Super League, not sure about the KHL now though.

I was trying to find some stats on Blomstrand and found the game sheets online for Djuargarden games. Blomstrand is listed as "extra skater" for all 3 of his 'games played'. http://stats.swehockey.se/Game/LineUps/122796
Not sure if he's received any ice time at all, imo he'd be better off as a key guy on the U-20 team instead of practicing and watching the games with the main team.

Edit: his stats line is 0's across the board:http://stats.swehockey.se/Teams/Info...05#Djurgårdens IF

Old
09-28-2012, 07:01 PM
Mason10
Bacon

McEneny is out with a lower body injury.

Old
09-28-2012, 07:08 PM
ihaveyuidonttouchme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason10 View Post
McEneny is out with a lower body injury.
nothing serious, just a precautionary

Gaunce is playing the left point on the pp. He created one scoring chance after one period. He also did pretty good on the pk so far . On 2nd period, he was pretty "meh" while playing safe on es in the first half (although he was noticeable on a special team pp/pk), but really picked up as with the team and created 1 very good scoring chance on pk and 1 more on es but still no goals for Belleville. He hasnt made any glaring mistakes so far. 3rd period was meh for the team. Brampton just shut them down.

Gaunce really showed me his vision to make a pass to an open man to front of the net and from the point with good scoring chances. Although i wouldve liked to see more hustle for the puck, but he didnt just skated around either.

Overall, the team just started meh and ended meh..I really liked Malcom Subban which it irks me as he's a boston property...grr

Last edited by ihaveyuidonttouchme: 09-28-2012 at 08:53 PM.
Old
09-28-2012, 07:37 PM
vanuck
#Gaunce4GM

Immediately thought it was that ACL again, thank goodness...

Old
09-29-2012, 01:51 AM
Jevo

For the early birds. Nicklas Jensen and Henrik Tömmernes will be squaring off tomorrow morning at 7:00 AM Vancouver time.

You should be able to watch the game on this site: http://www.streamblaster.com/

Old
09-29-2012, 11:09 AM
Callhee
Embrace the hate.

Just started watching with 15 minutes left and AIK looks terrible, can not maintain any significant offensive zone time/pressure. Jensen has looked okay but gave away one bad one in the 3rd, lead to a foot race ultimately putting the other team on a powerplay.

Also, AIK's goal tender is terrible.

Last edited by Callhee: 09-29-2012 at 11:14 AM.
Old
09-29-2012, 11:21 AM
thefeebster

I haven't even been trying to track Jensen. Following Tommernes all game. Its been pretty mistake free, besides a scary pass into his feet that could have been bad, calm under pressure and knows what to do with the puck. Was moving the puck well on the PP they had in the 2nd period.

Personally, I am not sure why he was moved away from playing with Backman. They made a great pairing last season. Svedberg has made some questionable plays.

EDIT: Yes, forgot. Thanks for the link.

Last edited by thefeebster: 09-29-2012 at 11:27 AM.
Old
09-29-2012, 11:24 AM
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning

vCash: 1815
Yeah thanks for the link. AIK is awful, is there any reason why Jensen specifically went there?

It would be awesome if all of our prospects went to one team, so we could root for them. In games like this I just wanted to see as many goals scored as possible so Tommernes and Jensen rack up the points.

It would be cool if we could have an agreement with a team like Modo to have all our prospects/lockout players who would play in the SEL to go there.

Old
09-29-2012, 12:16 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

So did our guy both go pointless?

Closed Thread