HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

#1 defenseman to Detroit

Old
09-28-2012, 10:26 AM
The Yzerman
1983 - 4th Overall

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
Even knowing that, I'd try to work around Edler and Datsyuk for sure. It would essentially be Vancouver going for it all right now. I realize we open a huge hole while filling another, but I feel we could make it work somehow along the way. We'd need to pick up another defenseman for picks at some point throughout the season, but since our prime concern has being playoff scoring, I think I'd do it. Would DET fans consider this? I wouldn't worry about Edler's contract status, I feel DET would be one of the places he'd gladly re-sign (many Swedes there)

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Booth-Datsyuk-Kassian
Higgins-Kesler-Hansen
Raymond-Malhotra-LaPierre

I like that.. Haha.
I'd do it, you have to give to get. It would be a deadline deal and with Edler re-signing. It would be easy, seeing Datsyuk is a Red Wings' staple.

The Yzerman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 11:08 AM
deckercky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Booth-Datsyuk-Kassian
Higgins-Kesler-Hansen
Raymond-Malhotra-LaPierre
If we're dreaming, I think you're missing out on the Selke line.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Booth - Datsyuk - Kelser
Higgins - Malhotra - Hansen
Raymond - Lapierre - Kassian

deckercky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 11:26 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Smith, Nyquist, Datsyuk and a 1st for Erik Karlsson
Hahaha wow. I think Detroit might go for this!

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 12:40 PM
TatarTangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic Method Man View Post
Vancouver probably shouldn't move their all-star dman if they want to compete anytime soon.

How about Tyler Myers?

Detroit:
Myers
Ennis

Buffalo:
Franzen
Quincey
Smith
Where does Ken Holland sign?

Last edited by TatarTangle: 09-28-2012 at 12:47 PM.
TatarTangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 12:41 PM
Vankiller Whale
Spread the love

vCash: 1212
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully61 View Post
You underrate Filppula
No. You underrate Edler.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 12:43 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

vCash: 50
Quote:
Vancouver probably shouldn't move their all-star dman if they want to compete anytime soon.

How about Tyler Myers?

Detroit:
Myers
Ennis

Buffalo:
Franzen
Quincey
Smith

Buffalo has a surplus of centers, and why the hell not change the look of their team by trading Myers. Might be selling high, while his stock is still high.

Detroit gets a high-potential dman who's already very good and a young center to prepare for Z and D getting long in the tooth. (In case their forward prospects happen to not all turn out as instant stars).

Maybe throw in Nyquist going to Buffalo.

This could make sense if Detroit management wanted the sure thing of Ennis rather than the potential of a good forward prospect in Nyquist.
Are you ****ing serious???

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 12:46 PM
solo16

Lets be clear here.

Nyquist is completely available. Great player with value but when you have Pulkkinen, Jurco, Jarnkrok, Sheahan literally right behind him on the depth chart he is replaceable.

Filppula: Hard asset for us to trade but hes available depending on what else goes.

Smith: Absolutely not available.

Untouchables:
Kronwall, Dats, Zet, (surprisingly I would also include Ericsson just because of how few competent defensemen we have)

Everyone else is on the table for the right deal.

solo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 12:52 PM
icKx
Subtle interference

Flip's contract is expiring so basically we have nothing.

Maybe if Holland gave our prospects a chance instead of signing more busted vets we'd have something someone wants.

icKx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 01:19 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:

How about Tyler Myers?

Detroit:
Myers
Ennis

Buffalo:
Franzen
Quincey
Smith

Buffalo has a surplus of centers, and why the hell not change the look of their team by trading Myers. Might be selling high, while his stock is still high.

Detroit gets a high-potential dman who's already very good and a young center to prepare for Z and D getting long in the tooth. (In case their forward prospects happen to not all turn out as instant stars).

This could make sense if Detroit management wanted the sure thing of Ennis rather than the potential of a good forward prospect in Nyquist.
Oh, this looks like good value for Buffalo for 2 young core pieces with high ceilings.

tsujimoto74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 01:37 PM
Nation

Quote:

How about Tyler Myers?

Detroit:
Myers
Ennis

Buffalo:
Franzen
Quincey
Smith

Serious undervaluing of Myers and Ennis here, give your head a shake.

Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 01:46 PM
InjuredChoker

We already signed Cola.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 01:50 PM
12345*

#1 Defenceman off any team for Mike Babcock. I would do it.

12345* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 01:50 PM
12345*

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0rthstar View Post
Serious undervaluing of Myers and Ennis here, give your head a shake.
Ennis is useless. Undervaluing Myers though.

12345* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 01:55 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345 View Post
Ennis is useless. Undervaluing Myers though.

He was hands down Buffalo's best forward for that last 20-30 games of the season after he moved to center/came back from his ankle sprain (when the Sabres finally started to not suck).
The kid has sick hands and looks poised to post a breakout season whenever the NHL starts up again. Totally "useless".

tsujimoto74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 02:08 PM
shultzyfeelinirie20

Coming from a Detroit fan i would be willing to trade Zetterberg plus for a kulikov or peiteranglo type D

shultzyfeelinirie20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 02:21 PM
TOGuy14

Quote:

How about Tyler Myers?

Detroit:
Myers
Ennis

Buffalo:
Franzen
Quincey
Smith

Brutal

I am not even sure that Smith is worth Ennis, but let's call them essentially a wash.

Franzen + Quincey doesn't even get you in the ball park of Myers

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 04:28 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Since when is this a battle between who had the better off season between Detroit and Colorado?

Old
09-28-2012, 04:35 PM
Vankiller Whale
Spread the love

Quote:
Originally Posted by shultzyfeelinirie20 View Post
Coming from a Detroit fan i would be willing to trade Zetterberg plus for a kulikov or peiteranglo type D
There's a huge difference between Pietrangelo and Kulikov. You could probably entice some Florida fans to go for that though. They have a lot of stud D coming through, and to give them a 1st line C, that could help both sides. Although in a vacuum Florida adds, age factor and needs may even things out.

Old
09-28-2012, 05:05 PM
JetsHomer

McDonagh for Datsyuk. Rangers are trying to go for it now, Detoit picks up a great young player.

Top six of

Gaborik - Datsyuk - Nash
Callahan - Richards - Kreider

Is pretty unreal. That top line is best in the NHL by far.

JetsHomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 05:19 PM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
McDonagh for Datsyuk. Rangers are trying to go for it now, Detoit picks up a great young player.

Top six of

Gaborik - Datsyuk - Nash
Callahan - Richards - Kreider

Is pretty unreal. That top line is best in the NHL by far.
I think I could do it but Holland doesn't.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 05:27 PM
Oshie97

Quote:
Originally Posted by shultzyfeelinirie20 View Post
I'm sure you would but no team is trading a young top d man for Zetterberg.

Oshie97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 05:34 PM
MAK19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post

Absolutly terrible for Detroit, giving up there Top 2 prospects and a 1st that without Datsyuk could easily be a Top 10 pick in a deep draft.

I mean the OP's deal is bad, but this one is even worse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Datsyuk is possibly my favorite non-Senator player, so I say this with as much respect as I can muster: he's 34 years old and we might not have hockey this year, which means we wouldn't get a full season out of him until he's 35. Datsyuk is not the direction the Sens are going in, he's just too old to be giving up a player like Karlsson for, regardless of the extras involved.

In summary: while Datzyuk > Karlsson, the age difference is too much for a team like the Senators who are building from the ground up for success over the next 10 years, not the next 2-3, to overcome.

Pass from the Sens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Hahaha wow. I think Detroit might go for this!
Karlsson >> Datsyuk... ainec.

Karlsson does pretty much exactly what Datsyuk does, but from the defense position. It's considerably harder putting up those numbers when playing defense.

Karlsson is the youngest player since Bobby Orr to win the Norris. You're gonna have to add considerably to any 30+ year old to get him.

As a Sens fan, I certainly would not make that trade. Just wondering what Wings fans thought of the value.

oh and no way Detroit finished bottom 10 with a Karlsson-Datsyuk swap. Karlsson instantly becomes your best player and fits the system to a T.

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 05:38 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

You can make arguments for how good the value is, but Detroit still is not going to add their two best prospects to their best player plus a 1st round pick in order to get Karlsson. I don't even think Karlsson is the kind of defenseman that Detroit needs. There is absolutely no reason for them to go after Karlsson.

And actually, Karlsson doesn't do exactly what Datsyuk does, but from the blueline. Karlsson has .68 PPG over his three seasons. Pretty damn good for a defenseman, but it isn't even close to Datsyuk's .98 PPG over 10 seasons. EK has had one elite season, one above average season, and one average season (all offensively), while Datsyuk has remained one of the best forwards in the world for a long period of time.

I don't see how you can say Karlsson >>>> Datsyuk "AINEC" unless you're simply going by age.

Old
09-28-2012, 05:43 PM
Vankiller Whale
Spread the love

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Karlsson >> Datsyuk... ainec.

Karlsson does pretty much exactly what Datsyuk does, but from the defense position. It's considerably harder putting up those numbers when playing defense.

Karlsson is the youngest player since Bobby Orr to win the Norris. You're gonna have to add considerably to any 30+ year old to get him.

As a Sens fan, I certainly would not make that trade. Just wondering what Wings fans thought of the value.

oh and no way Detroit finished bottom 10 with a Karlsson-Datsyuk swap. Karlsson instantly becomes your best player and fits the system to a T.
Who's better defensively, Karlsson or Datsyuk? Serious question.

Last edited by TMI: 09-28-2012 at 05:45 PM. Reason: oops. meant to quote
Old
09-28-2012, 05:44 PM
MAK19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
You can make arguments for how good the value is, but Detroit still is going to add their two best prospects to their best player plus a 1st round pick in order to get Karlsson. I don't even think Karlsson is the kind of defenseman that Detroit needs. There is absolutely no reason for them to go after Karlsson.
The only reason not to go after Karlsson is because his value is insanely high. There's probably no one in the league the Sens would trade him 1-for-1 for.

That said, Karlsson is exactly the kind of defenseman they need. They need a right handed shot he's the closest thing to Lidstrom in the world right now.

Datsyuk is a worse player at 34 years of age. Their two best prospects aren't close to sure fire stars either. If Detroit fans weren't emotionally attached to Datsyuk, they would say yes imo.

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote