HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Around the NHL VII - NHL Hockey Returns!

Closed Thread

Old
09-20-2012, 11:39 AM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

vCash: 500
Thank you and thank you

Old
09-20-2012, 12:33 PM
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

Pretty good game so far. I like the way Lev Praha looks and plays.

On a related note, watching hockey at 10:30AM while at work is awesome.

Old
09-20-2012, 12:50 PM
jfb392

It's disappointing to see that Rämö changed his mask.
He used to have a sweet Nightmare Before Christmas one.

Old
09-20-2012, 01:43 PM
jfb392

Sweet assist from Voracek to Novotny on a two on one to give Prague the lead.
Best play from an NHL'er all day.

Old
09-20-2012, 02:03 PM
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

And Klepis puts it away with the EN.

Old
09-20-2012, 02:13 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
Sweet assist from Voracek to Novotny on a two on one to give Prague the lead.
Best play from an NHL'er all day.
"Best play" and "Novotny" in the same post? Well now I've seen it all...

yes i am aware you were referring to the assist

Old
09-24-2012, 07:29 PM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator
Away, PM another mod

vCash: 666
Seattle City Council approves new arena deal to attract NBA, NHL teams:
Quote:
The deal Hansen worked out with the mayor's office met with resistance at City Council, where members worried about the effect of more traffic in what is a crucial shipping corridor, thanks to the nearby Port of Seattle, and about creating competition for the publicly owned KeyArena, which turned a profit last year.

But Hansen made a number of concessions and won over a majority. In addition to personally guaranteeing the debt payments, he agreed to kick in more money for transportation improvements and $7 million for KeyArena, and he agreed to buy the new arena back from the city for $200 million at the end of the 30-year use agreement if that's what the city wants.

He also agreed to be independently audited to assure that he's worth at least $300 million.

Old
09-28-2012, 10:55 AM
jfb392

Nazem Kadri's summer of training with Gary Roberts sounds like it was wildly successful:
Quote:
jonasTSN1050 Not a great start for Kadri. Eakins says body fat registers among bottom 3-5 in camp. Skating tests "average".
http://twitter.com/jonasTSN1050/stat...04523188473856

Quote:
jonasTSN1050 Eakins on Kadri: "His body fat today is probably in the bottom three to five guys in our whole camp and that’s unacceptable."
http://twitter.com/jonasTSN1050/stat...09658463625216

Obviously the program doesn't work if you don't really have the motivation.

Old
09-28-2012, 11:11 AM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
It's disappointing to see that Rämö changed his mask.
He used to have a sweet Nightmare Before Christmas one.
That's one sexy paint job.

Quote:
Nazem Kadri's summer of training with Gary Roberts sounds like it was wildly successful:

http://twitter.com/jonasTSN1050/stat...04523188473856

http://twitter.com/jonasTSN1050/stat...09658463625216

Obviously the program doesn't work if you don't really have the motivation.
Kadri has been my 'bust' label guy since before the draft. I was so happy he went to the Make Believes.

Old
09-28-2012, 11:17 AM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by iciclesonapapershelf View Post
That's one sexy paint job.

Kadri has been my 'bust' label guy since before the draft. I was so happy he went to the Make Believes.
But...but...I learned on the trade board that's he a future #1 stud center! And that Burke is always right!

Old
09-28-2012, 12:16 PM
enrothorne
A DJ saved my life

Send a message via AIM to enrothorne
Kadri was loved by Laffs fans the moment they took him. And since then every trade proposal has tried to include him in attempts to get a stud player. Will they never learn?

Old
09-28-2012, 12:21 PM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
But...but...I learned on the trade board that's he a future #1 stud center! And that Burke is always right!
My favorite argument is that "x player spent time in the AHL too!" but they were any combination of a.) only there for a short time, b.) stuck there because of the lockout, or c.) more productive than Kadri.

Every time I see him, he looks like he's going to be a dominant player.. in Europe.
Same goes for the vaunted Tatar.

Old
09-28-2012, 02:55 PM
jfb392

Quote:
Future of Coyotes uncertain as ever

One upside of the lockout for the NHL is that it has given the league more time to deal with the mess that continues to be the Phoenix Coyotes. Whether the deal to sell the ward of the state to Greg Jamison is dead or has simply hit another in a long line of obstacles is open to conjecture, but it’s clear the future of the Coyotes is nowhere close to assured.

This much we know: that Horatio Skeete, the acting city manager for the City of Glendale, told councillors there in an in-camera meeting earlier this month the deal was to have been completed by Thursday and it was not.

That news is coming amid claims by one industry source the deal is, in fact, dead and Jamison has not been able to raise the money to purchase the team from the NHL. It was reported in early August Jamison, the former CEO of the San Jose Sharks, had come up with the final $20 million he needed to fund the $170 million purchase of the team from the NHL. (According to our source, Jamison had to come up with $70 million toward the purchase price.)
http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...n-as-ever.html

Good thing Doan waited until they secured everything and got that four year 35+ contract with NMC.

Old
09-28-2012, 03:38 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

If I were the NHL, I would not be excited about having an owner who has to scratch and claw to get the money just to buy the team. Especially when they Coyotes are worth so little.

I say they just let Balsillie buy the damn thing and do what he wants with it.

Old
09-28-2012, 03:40 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
If I were the NHL, I would not be excited about having an owner who has to scratch and claw to get the money just to buy the team. Especially when they Coyotes are worth so little.

Balsitchy doesn't have the money he used to -- his RIM stock took a battering.

09-28-2012, 03:45 PM
dotcommunism

Also I'd think if the NHL were perfectly okay with Phoenix moving whereever they'd be able to find more bidders than someone who's been effectively blacklisted

Old
09-28-2012, 04:00 PM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post

Balsillie will never be involved with an NHL team after what he did.
Hamilton isn't really the best option either, even though it has big potential, because of the age of Copps.

The best option right now is Québec City IMO, but there's of course Seattle if the NHL wants to play second fiddle to an NBA team a la Atlanta.
At least if they were in Seattle though we wouldn't have to ever worry about that damn volatile Canadian dollar that is likely to plunge right back to $0.60!

Old
09-28-2012, 04:46 PM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Hamilton isn't really the best option either, even though it has big potential, because of the age of Copps.

The best option right now is Québec City IMO, but there's of course Seattle if the NHL wants to play second fiddle to an NBA team a la Atlanta.
At least if they were in Seattle though we wouldn't have to ever worry about that damn volatile Canadian dollar that is likely to plunge right back to $0.60!
Seattle has very passionate fans. I think they'd support a hockey team there quite nicely.

Old
09-28-2012, 04:52 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:

The NBA is coming back to Seattle? Right now there is a sports void between January and spring training in Seattle--the only three sports they have are Football, Baseball (lol Mariners), and Soccer (which is extremely popular there). The Sonics of course moved to Oklahoma City.

Old
09-28-2012, 05:02 PM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Seattle has very passionate fans. I think they'd support a hockey team there quite nicely.
I don't share the same optimism.

Doesn't matter how well the fans support them either if they'll simply be a tenant in the building owned by Hansen.

Quote:
The NBA is coming back to Seattle? Right now there is a sports void between January and spring training in Seattle--the only three sports they have are Football, Baseball (lol Mariners), and Soccer (which is extremely popular there). The Sonics of course moved to Oklahoma City.
Yeah, that's the main reason they're building this arena.

Old
09-28-2012, 06:29 PM
enrothorne
A DJ saved my life

Send a message via AIM to enrothorne
I think that Seattle could be effective if a winning team was there. If not, I think they'd experience headaches like many of the unconventional cities have.
Winning cures a lot of problems. (just not terrible lease agreements and arenas in the sticks)

Old
09-28-2012, 10:54 PM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by enrothorne View Post
I think that Seattle could be effective if a winning team was there. If not, I think they'd experience headaches like many of the unconventional cities have.
Winning cures a lot of problems. (just not terrible lease agreements and arenas in the sticks)
Well, at least they'll sell out the 6 games against the Canucks, and probably all the Canadian teams too.

Old
09-28-2012, 11:25 PM
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

Seattle's city council already approved a new stadium that would house a new NBA team, and an NHL team. It'll happen eventually.

Old
09-29-2012, 12:29 AM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

I guess my question would then be how they get an NBA team. As someone who doesn't follow it much...I can't imagine expansion is in the works, so I don't know what the relocation possibilities are.

Having an arena is a good thing...but there are no prospective tenants. There's no reason to presuppose that the NBA gets there first--or even in the near future--if the NHL goes there.

Old
09-29-2012, 12:31 AM
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

Quote:
I guess my question would then be how they get an NBA team. As someone who doesn't follow it much...I can't imagine expansion is in the works, so I don't know what the relocation possibilities are.

Having an arena is a good thing...but there are no prospective tenants. There's no reason to presuppose that the NBA gets there first--or even in the near future--if the NHL goes there.
Apparently they're shopping for one now. Not sure how it's going to work out, though.

Closed Thread