My crack at the lines

Bourque-sauve-Caron
Florek-spooner-knight
Camper-Cunningham-randell
Tardif-Whitfield-macdermid

Warsofsky-exelby
Miller-bartkowski
Krug-trotman/cross

First Line has experience and balanced talent. Caron is the grinder on the boards creating space for sauve and bourque. Knight works the front and florek works the boards to create space for spooner. Cunningham and camper are experienced players who can create secondary scoring and the 4th line is full of experience and grit.

On D exelby stays at home while warsofsky plays up. Bartkowski and miller are your shut down pair while krug plays with either trotman or cross, whoever wins the job.

Old
09-17-2012, 02:42 PM
DKH

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malt View Post
I honestly don't understand the whole waivers process, but, when Bourque was signed, the Globe reported this:

>>The first year of Bourque’s contract will be a two-way deal when he will make $550,000 in the NHL and $200,000 in Providence. The second year of Bourque’s contract is one-way, when he will earn $550,000 at either level.<<

My thoughts are that he'd be in the AHL all along, lockout or not...if someone knows more about the waivers situation, please update. I know he was claimed off waivers in the past (Capitals from Penguins).
thanks hope he can play down there, can't believe he'd get claimed but you never know

Old
09-17-2012, 06:51 PM
Alan Ryan

Quote:
Here are my updates lines now that we have an idea who will be in Providence

Bourque-Spooner-Knight (The Pbees have had trouble scoring goals over the past 3 years...I don't see this line having a problem doing that)

Sauve-Camper-Cunningham (My guess is that most people would have Caron on this line, but Camper/Cunningham, although undersized, make a nice combo. And if Sauve can stay healthy, we've got a great second line)

Florek-Hansen-Caron (Nice checking line, big bodies, should pot their share of goals as well)

MacDermid-Whitfield-Tardif (MacD and Whitfield have played well together when the old man has been healthy, Tardif can score at this level and should be healthier this year)

Xtra/ECHL:
Randell
Robins
MacKinnon
Hirchfeld

Krug-Trotman
Warsofsky-Miller
Exelby-Bartkowski

Xtra/ECHL:
Cross
Cohen
Button

Svedberg
Hutchinson

Thanks Malt. Pretty amazing when you have AHL veterans like Randell, Robins, Cohen and Button who might not crack the line-up and end up in the ECHL. Providence should be good.

Do you know if the players sent to the ECHL still get their AHL money?

Who is Hirchfeld? I don't remember him.

Old
09-19-2012, 08:20 AM
Malt
#wpri12steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Ryan View Post
Thanks Malt. Pretty amazing when you have AHL veterans like Randell, Robins, Cohen and Button who might not crack the line-up and end up in the ECHL. Providence should be good.

Do you know if the players sent to the ECHL still get their AHL money?

Who is Hirchfeld? I don't remember him.
I don't know about the AHL/ECHL contract situation.

Hirschfeld, like Courtnall (who I added to the list of extra forwards) is a college kid who signed a minor league contract. There's a press release about him on the PBees site.

Worth noting that if Chris Bourque isn't send down due to the waivers situation, that opens up an opportunity for a player like Florek to move up to a scoring line...should be some healthy competition at camp.

Old
09-19-2012, 06:22 PM
Alan Ryan

Thanks Malt.

It looks like Bourque won't be playing in Providence since they didn't include him in the waiver group.

Old
09-19-2012, 06:33 PM
hockeyfreak08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corp View Post
I just bought the 10 flex ticket package the P-Bruins are offering, should be fun to get to some more games in Providence. I really don't know too much about anybody but the bigger name prospects though, anybody have any good links to read up on players who will be on the team this year?

Also, does anybody have any experience with jersey quality? I'm thinking about buying one of the third jerseys (link), but I don't really want to spend $120 without even seeing an actual picture of the thing.
The quality isn't the best I've seen but the 3rd jersey is my favorite of the ones availible. You just missed out because 2 weeks ago they had ticket pick up for season ticket holders and flex ticket holders were you could go into the pro shop and get 50% off everything. They also sell game used jerseys were the quality is much better but the names you would probably not recognize if you only know the top prospects. I just bought the 3rd jersey and also a Providence Reds jersey that I like better than all the pbruins jersey. I have been to many games but just finally bought them because they were 50% off. Hopefully this helps you a little a bit, they have some nice hoodies for $40

Old
09-20-2012, 08:43 AM
Corp

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak08 View Post
The quality isn't the best I've seen but the 3rd jersey is my favorite of the ones availible. You just missed out because 2 weeks ago they had ticket pick up for season ticket holders and flex ticket holders were you could go into the pro shop and get 50% off everything. They also sell game used jerseys were the quality is much better but the names you would probably not recognize if you only know the top prospects. I just bought the 3rd jersey and also a Providence Reds jersey that I like better than all the pbruins jersey. I have been to many games but just finally bought them because they were 50% off. Hopefully this helps you a little a bit, they have some nice hoodies for $40
Thanks for the info, I think I'll just have to check out the pro shop once they start playing games. Any idea if the shop is open at other times? I haven't been able to find anything about their hours online

Old
09-20-2012, 11:07 PM
hubby1746

Anyone know what number Spooner is gonna be?

Old
09-20-2012, 11:46 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

He was 18 last year. Considering 23 (his junior number) is Whitfield's, he'll likely stay with 18 I guess.

Old
09-20-2012, 11:48 PM
Kirk- NEHJ

He wore 18 in his late-season stint last April, but he wore 23 and 51 in junior.

No telling until he takes the ice at camp on the 27th.

Unless, of course, I ask him-- which I might

Old
09-21-2012, 08:17 PM
supersoaker

Hey, i am new to providence. I am a foreigner without a credit card that is matching a billing adress in the us. So i am wondering whats the best way to get tickets for the games as online tickets won't work for me? Can i get 'pay one get two tickets' anywhere else? Thanks in advance!

Old
09-21-2012, 08:51 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersoaker View Post
Hey, i am new to providence. I am a foreigner without a credit card that is matching a billing adress in the us. So i am wondering whats the best way to get tickets for the games as online tickets won't work for me? Can i get 'pay one get two tickets' anywhere else? Thanks in advance!
The Springfield Falcons' single-game tickets don't go on sale until Sept. 29, so it's quite possible Providence isn't offering single-game tickets at this time either (their website is a mess).

If you really want to know, give them a call. The number for the P-Bruins is 401-273-5000. Or you can try visiting the box office during business hours.

Old
09-21-2012, 09:44 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

A lot of those deals, you will have to call the PBruins office, you won't get the same deals at the DDC box office without some sort of coupon.

That, once the season starts should not be a problem. The front office will do anything for new customers.

Old
09-22-2012, 11:01 AM
Malt
#wpri12steve

Here's a link to the PBruins training camp schedule and roster...

http://www.providencebruins.com/View/PressReleases/966

One of the invited forwards is scrapper Kelsey Wilson, who could push for a job as an 4th line forward. He'll compete with Robins/Randell/Courtnall for a spot.

Also note is Chris Bourque IS in the list for camp.

Old
09-22-2012, 02:29 PM
RaskMullet
Pasta Time !

Traded in 4 flex tix for opening night... The box office lady said they are very close to a sellout, which never happens.

Old
09-27-2012, 05:56 PM
SpokedLightning
Overpaid 4th Liner

Just got my P Bruins tix for the Sun Oct 21st game vs Worcester in the mail. We've never been to the Dunk but they look like pretty good seats. (sec 108 (CI) row F)

Old
09-28-2012, 12:08 PM
hubby1746

Anyone been to training camp before? How is it?

Old
09-28-2012, 07:05 PM
bigbadbruins7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergyMeister View Post
Just got my P Bruins tix for the Sun Oct 21st game vs Worcester in the mail. We've never been to the Dunk but they look like pretty good seats. (sec 108 (CI) row F)
how much did those cost you?

Old
09-28-2012, 08:03 PM
Malt
#wpri12steve

Be sure to check in on the Projo's Bruins blog for Mark Divver's updates...

http://bruinsblog.projo.com/

Old
09-28-2012, 08:57 PM
SpokedLightning
Overpaid 4th Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbruins7 View Post
how much did those cost you?
Sundays are buy 1 get 1. I paid full 100 level ($32) single ticket price plus $5 "service" fee and got 1 ticket free. I didn't know where the seats were until they sent them though. You can't pick your section they just send best available I guess.

Last edited by SpokedLightning: 09-28-2012 at 09:02 PM.
Old
09-28-2012, 09:17 PM
SanDogBrewin
Righteous bucks!

Quote:
Be sure to check in on the Projo's Bruins blog for Mark Divver's updates...

http://bruinsblog.projo.com/
Had lost that link and it is sometimes hard to find Mark on ProJo.

Thanks Malt!

Old
09-28-2012, 09:49 PM
SanDogBrewin
Righteous bucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergyMeister View Post
There isn't a bad seat in the place for viewing. Pretty small, you won't be above any suites trying to look down and no obstruction seats at all.

Envious

Old
09-28-2012, 09:50 PM
Alan Ryan

Here is the report on the first two practices. It's worth reading: http://www.providencejournal.com/spo...g-playoffs.ece

Goalie Shawn Hunwick (Matt's brother) is in training camp.

Old
09-28-2012, 10:35 PM
RaskMullet
Pasta Time !

Stopped by today, will have some general video up later. No doubt Sauve, Spooner, and knight looked the best as far as forwards were concerned. Exelby on D was the only one to stick out. As for goalies, svedberg looks like a decent prospect at only 22 years old. Hunwick was ok, but I doubt he sticks because of his size.

Old
09-30-2012, 06:48 AM
SpokedLightning
Overpaid 4th Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDogBrewin View Post
There isn't a bad seat in the place for viewing. Pretty small, you won't be above any suites trying to look down and no obstruction seats at all.

Envious
It's going to be a Baby B's weekend. We live in NE Vermont and the B's happen to be playing in Manchester on Friday night so we are going to catch that game on the way down. We were going to stay over in Manchester and Seekonk but it looks like our Provi STH friends have an apt between renters in Provi. So now no paying for hotel's either.

Closed Thread