HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan Murray heads Columbus Blue Jackets rankings

Old
09-28-2012, 05:50 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
While I think it's a tad premature to assume that the Yakupov CHL/KHL brouhaha actually says anything about the player himself, I do admit that it's kind of nice that it's not something that can be used to point and laugh more at us this time.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 06:39 PM
bizzz*

Oveckin played in Russia after he was drafted 1st overall and it didn't make him a bad player. Another example how North Americans create their own rules and expect the rest of the world to honor them. Yakupov wants to play in the NHL or at home, what is your problem? Those who can't solve the lockout problem want Nail to play in juniors? Do your job and don't dictate the guy where he has to play since you screwed up the NHL season.

Last edited by SixthSens: 09-28-2012 at 07:53 PM.
bizzz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 07:38 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizoncol View Post
Oveckin played in Russia after he was drafted 1st overall and it didn't make him a bad player.
I would have just stopped right here. That's enough to make the point.

Although it would also be fair to point out that Ovechkin, when drafted, was still playing for Dynamo Moscow, and not a CHL team, so there was no chance of there being any such "controversy" to begin with.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 10:33 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
I'm already afraid of the Hawks going up against this guy. Blessing in disguise you didn't get the No. 1 pick, this is the guy Edmonton should have taken. Great score.
Thanks for the kind words - this is something I've been mentioning from time to time. Honestly, I think those of us really in the know were viewing Alex Galchenyuk as filling the biggest need in the system; and he may end up being the best player taken at the draft. However, having seen Ryan Murray play, knowing fully what kind of player he can be, I was very excited to see us take him second overall.

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 12:51 AM
georgiabluejacket

Quote:
Another example how North Americans create their own rules and expect the rest of the world to honor them.
YEAH, I mean it's not like Nail signed a contract or anything. How dare we North Americans actually expect people to honor their commitments. What will we do next? Expect people to take responsibility for their own actions? BLASPHEMY!

georgiabluejacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 06:58 AM
Iron Balls McGinty

Quote:
Oveckin played in Russia after he was drafted 1st overall and it didn't make him a bad player. Another example how North Americans create their own rules and expect the rest of the world to honor them. Yakupov wants to play in the NHL or at home, what is your problem? Those who can't solve the lockout problem want Nail to play in juniors? Do your job and don't dictate the guy where he has to play since you screwed up the NHL season.
1. This was not a North American Rule. It was a IIHF rule. They are the ones who ruled him ineligible because a proper transfer request was not made.

2. Darren Dreger reported that Yakupov has been cleared to play in the KHL because he signed his CHL contract as a 17 year old with no independent legal representation. I don't know how that would work in Europe but that is a legal loophole that works in Yakupov's favor with our "North American Rules"

3. All of this could have been avoided if Yakupov and the Oilers would have simply asked for the proper transfer like any other player. Sarnia wouldn't necessarily have said no if they tried the proper route. Sometimes people want the common courtesy and respect of simply being asked considering the rules should clearly state what the transfer process is for the CHL and Europe.

Iron Balls McGinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 07:08 AM
bizzz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Although it would also be fair to point out that Ovechkin, when drafted, was still playing for Dynamo Moscow, and not a CHL team, so there was no chance of there being any such "controversy" to begin with.
Who cares where he spent the last season? Even hockey Canada admits that Yakupov's contract with Sarnia was illigal since he was under 18 years old and the contract was signed without his representatives. I'm pretty sure Yakupov wasn't aware of all the circumstances, otherwise he would have stayed home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiabluejacket View Post
YEAH, I mean it's not like Nail signed a contract or anything. How dare we North Americans actually expect people to honor their commitments. What will we do next? Expect people to take responsibility for their own actions? BLASPHEMY!
Slavery was destroyed a few hundreds years ago. Yakupov signed contract with the Oilers to play in the NHL for a few millions dollars, not with Sarnia to fool around with kids for free and make money for the OHL when he has a chance to play for his hometown team in the KHL and make some cash for himself and his family. That's his money NHL wants him to lose cause of their own stupidity.
On the other hand people in Sarnia don't know how to sign contracts with players under 18 years old and then pretend they own the rights to hold the best teenager in the world. Looks like greedy stupidity.

bizzz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 08:22 AM
EspenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
Thanks for the kind words - this is something I've been mentioning from time to time. Honestly, I think those of us really in the know were viewing Alex Galchenyuk as filling the biggest need in the system; and he may end up being the best player taken at the draft. However, having seen Ryan Murray play, knowing fully what kind of player he can be, I was very excited to see us take him second overall.
And even some of us who know nothing thought he was the way to go.

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 08:05 AM
bester vaive
Fear the Titan!

It's early (only 5 games in), but Boone Jenner is leading the OHL in scoring with 12 points.
http//ontariohockeyleague/stats/show

bester vaive is offline   Reply With Quote