HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

cchl 2012-2013 season

Closed Thread

Old
09-28-2012, 09:22 PM
Lymo

vCash: 500
Gloucester 5 Nepean 3, Final

Gloucester 5
Nepean 3

Old
09-28-2012, 09:37 PM
Quo
storms in my knees

How'd the online score get to 3-1 when the last time I checked it was 3-2? Oh well, in any case Cornwall takes down the Bears. Anybody there live? Another three point night for Pontarelli in what looks, on paper, to have been a very defensive showdown.

Old
09-28-2012, 09:43 PM
newfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
Thanks Mr. Couvrette :-)
who goes back to Junior B when the injured number one returns?

Old
09-28-2012, 10:03 PM
grace

Update tonight's games

Was at the Stallions game tonight, the Grads have definitely improved beating Kanata 5-3. Does anyone have any updates on the Pembroke game?

Old
09-29-2012, 06:10 AM
eddyshack

Quote:
Originally Posted by grace View Post
Was at the Stallions game tonight, the Grads have definitely improved beating Kanata 5-3. Does anyone have any updates on the Pembroke game?
In my opinion, the Grads look better on ice than on paper. Good for the Cumberland Grads. You have to love a young team that works hard every shift and utilizes the assets they have.

I am the first to admit that these my friends are not the "sads" anymore.

Old
09-29-2012, 06:11 AM
eddyshack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quo View Post
How'd the online score get to 3-1 when the last time I checked it was 3-2? Oh well, in any case Cornwall takes down the Bears. Anybody there live? Another three point night for Pontarelli in what looks, on paper, to have been a very defensive showdown.
A much needed win for Cornwall. 4-3 final score. A very entertaining game to watch.

Old
09-29-2012, 06:19 AM
eddyshack

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardfacts View Post
watched game last night...canadians goaltending was bad....colts was worse.....
Good post. I was at the game and your assessment is very accurate.

The CPC goalie was BAD. Couvrette was not tested and still allowed 4 goals.

The Cornwall goalies (Picilino / Jenkins) simply had a WORSE night allowing 9 goals on 36 shots for the loss.

Old
09-29-2012, 06:39 AM
eddyshack

[QUOTE=CJHL SUPPORTER;54635943]Not sure you were at the same game I was at but most teams would love to have any perceived goal tending problems you think Carleton Place has. The goalie for Carleton place now has 4 wins and 1 loss and has a goal against percentage of .903. He stopped 31 shots out of 35. The wheels are not following off the bus.
n fact for your information the Carleton Place assistant coach was fielding many recruiting questions about their stellar goal tender after the game from several NCAA scouts. Perhaps you were getting a hot dog in the arena and this is your main staple. (Quote)

Wow that is a lot of wishful and hopeful thinking. I recently met goaltender Couvrette with his goalie coach, no doubt a fine young man and a very solid puck stopper.

If you really know goal tending, you should know that "goalie assessment " is very difficult. It is more art than science.

You can take an average goalie and put him on a great team and the goalie will be "stellar". Conversely, put a star goalie on a weak team and he will be "average".

Just look at Monk for the Winchester Hawks Jr B. The Hawks were an elite team last year and lost one regular season game. Monk looked like a super star. This year the Hawks are rebuilding and Monk is struggling.

I was at the CPC / Colts game and Couvrette was anything but stellar. I also talked to the CPC goalie coach (Elie) after the game and he was not smiling.

If you put Couvrette on the Colts and Picilino on CPC that game night, the result would not be different. Perhaps worse.

For the record, I also saw and talked with the 2 NCAA scouts and they were not talking goal tending whatsoever. They were interested in the big, tall, fast moving, hard hitting CPC D. Further, one scout made a scholarship offer to Cornwall player Marley Quince that night and followed the Colts to the SMF game Friday night.

There is nothing wrong with hot dogs if that is all one can afford. We called them "tube steaks".

In the past 5 years, less than 5% of all goalies drafted to the NHL were 6 ft and taller. Hopefully Couvrette is thinking NCAA and a good education. IMO he is too small for other options. 5 ft 10 and 179 lbs ? Really ?

IMO, when the #1 goalie returns to CPC, they will keep Justin Laforest as back-up. With goal tending, size matters.

With this combination, CPC will be hard to beat. It is early, but this will be the # 1 team if JC does not blow a gasket.

Last edited by eddyshack: 09-29-2012 at 12:33 PM.
Old
09-29-2012, 09:23 AM
Quo
storms in my knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyshack View Post
Wow that is a lot of wishful thinking. I recently met goaltender Couvrette with his goalie coach, no doubt a fine young man and a very solid puck stopper.

If you really know goal tending, you should know that "goalie assessment is very difficult. It is more art than science.

You can take an average goalie and put him on a great team and the goalie will be "stellar". Conversely, put a star goalie on a weak team and he will be "average".

Just look at Monk for the Winchester Hawks Jr B. The Hawks were an elite team last year and lost one regular season game. Monk looked like a super star. This year the Hawks are rebuilding and Monk is struggling.

I was at the CPC / Colts game and Couvrette was anything but stellar. I also talked to the CPC goalie coach (Elie) after the game and he was not smiling.

If you put Couvrette on the Colts and Picilino on CPC that game night, the result would not be different. Perhaps worse.

For the record, I also saw the 2 NCAA scouts and they were not talking goal tending whatsoever. They were interested in the big, tall, fast moving, hard hitting CPC D. Further, one scout made a scholarship offer to Cornwall player Marley Quince that night and followed the Colts to the SMF game Friday night.

There is nothing wrong with hot dogs if that is all one can afford. We called them tube steaks.

In the past 5 years, less than 5% of all goalies drafted to the NHL were 6 ft and taller. Hopefully Couvrette is thinking NCAA and a good education. IMO he is too small for other options. 5 ft 10 and 179 lbs ? Really ?

IMO, when the #1 goalie returns to CPC, they will keep Justin Laforest as back-up. Size matters.

With this combination, CPC will be hard to beat. It is early, but thus will be the # 1 team if JC does not blow a gasket.
Any word on what college is after Quince?

And I know for sure at least one NCAA scout was talking things over with Couvrette after the game so that good education may become a reality. I agree it's where he should be looking.

Old
09-29-2012, 11:48 AM
Ottawa Guy

Quote:

And I know for sure at least one NCAA scout was talking things over with Couvrette after the game so that good education may become a reality. I agree it's where he should be looking.
You do not see NCAA scouts talking it over after the game with players, they do it down by dressing rooms or in empty dressing rooms...not in public places.

Old
09-29-2012, 11:52 AM
Off the Boards

Quote:

Sean King (w) & Marly Quince(C )for the Colts has been approached by 2 college recruiters each.

CP dominated all aspects of the game vs the Colts but IMO just slightly better in nets. Couvrette did not have many big saves vs Cornwall, and when he neede to make a difficult save he was beaten. Kujava's return to CP lineup might mean that Couvrette might be playing someplace else (?Colts????). Piccolino was not good and Jenkins was horrible (behind the net goal what the #$&@) this might be Matt's last game in Cornwall. Ian needs help on the blueline.

Dufour - B Edwards - L Martin line rating A
L Edwards - Globke - Seatter line A + rating
Alex Frere had one heck of a game as well as CP's defense Weidauer, Ghantous (big hits)

Pontarelli was the lone bright spot for the Colts.

Carleton Place is rated #18 in the country and proved to me that they are a very good team. They have size, toughness, cycle well and can finish plays, the defense is strong, goaltending well did not impress me with Couvrette but have heard that Kujava is very good and to think that SHANE MORRISSEY might be back wow.

Old
09-29-2012, 12:16 PM
Off the Boards

Quote:
" a fish rots from the head down". Anderson is a goon and I agree, the League needs to look at this.

Congrats to the Rangers for beating them on the score board, even though they paid a heavy price.
Hawkesbury is an embarrasment to the league when they play with no class. Unfortunately they have some good players but their lack of discipline is not helping their cause, some players would rather play elsewhere.

Old
09-29-2012, 02:13 PM
Quo
storms in my knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa Guy View Post
You do not see NCAA scouts talking it over after the game with players, they do it down by dressing rooms or in empty dressing rooms...not in public places.
Funny you mention that cause that's exactly where I was (by the dressing rooms).

Old
09-29-2012, 05:58 PM
eddyshack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off the Boards View Post

CP dominated all aspects of the game vs the Colts but IMO just slightly better in nets. Couvrette did not have many big saves vs Cornwall, and when he neede to make a difficult save he was beaten. Kujava's return to CP lineup might mean that Couvrette might be playing someplace else (?Colts????)
Couvrette a Cornwall Colt ? I don't think so. I just had a nap, did hell just freeze over ?

However, I am sure the Colt's GM would be interested in Kujava and a couple of their fast moving big trees that play D.

I am sure JC is anxious to have Kujava back in action.

Ottawa Sens 4 CPC 1 tonight. Justin Laforest took the loss. 4 goals on 21 shots.

It will be an interesting battle for the back-up position and either Couvrette or Laforest will return to Jr. B.

Last edited by eddyshack: 09-29-2012 at 10:21 PM.
Old
09-30-2012, 12:23 PM
hockeynut12

Back to hockey.

Believe it or not the Ottawa Junior Senators coming into the last day of the first month have the best winning percentage in the league at .714. They have not had a "light" schedule either playing CP twice, Pembroke, Smiths Falls and Cornwall in their first 7 games and they have Nepean this afternoon.

Looking forward they have a few games coming up against Gloucester (2), Brockville and Hawkesbury.

Don't really hear much from the OJS on this forum. After losing a lot of their top guns from last year I don't think many people predicted this.

Old
09-30-2012, 12:43 PM
CJHL SUPPORTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa Guy View Post
CJHL SUPPORTER: I believe the rule is that you can not play for the team from the day you were traded away from a team for at least 12 months (or 13 months), not that you have to sit out when traded back. Mulder was traded from Nepean to Kemptville on Sept 6, 2011, he played again for Nepean on Sept 8, 2012 which is more than 12 months.........the only way the rule was broken is if it states more than 12 months.....I have heard of the rule but never seen it in writing so I can not comment on the exact length it should be....
Just want to keep people abreast of the real goal tending story out there right now.

As previously stated, I brought to the attention to many of my loyal followers the overt Cornwall/Nepean consipiracy with our beloved commisisioner.

See my post where many CCHL teams were livid that the commissioner is displaying favouritism to Cornwall/Nepean and is not remaining bipartisan.

Has anyone noticed that Nepean stellar goal tender has not been on any game sheet since the showcase.

Our hockey organization official complaint has resulted in Mulder sitting out till the established rules indicate he is eligible. These rules apply to all teams in the CCHL

The commisioner written response is that Nepean had applied and was grated an exemption to this rule for the showcase. As a result, Nepean will not forfeit any wins.

As Homer Simpson would say "DOOH". Can you imagine any CCHL team requesting an exemption for allowing a ineligible player to play in the showcase. Would all teams be allowed to bring in a "ringer". Where is the commisioner's rational?

The commissioner has now come to his senses and the realized that the optics do not look good.

Nepean has now voluntarily removed Mulder from their line up till things cool down.

It is a slippery slope commissioner.

You should spend more attention to all teams interest than granting these exemptions to specific teams.

Old
09-30-2012, 12:50 PM
eddyshack

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJHL SUPPORTER View Post
Just want to keep people abreast of the real goal tending story out there right now.

As previously stated, I brought to the attention to many of my loyal followers the overt Cornwall/Nepean consipiracy with our beloved commisisioner.

See my post where many CCHL teams were livid that the commissioner is displaying favouritism to Cornwall/Nepean and is not remaining bipartisan.

Has anyone noticed that Nepean stellar goal tender has not been on any game sheet since the showcase.

Our hockey organization official complaint has resulted in Mulder sitting out till the established rules indicate he is eligible. These rules apply to all teams in the CCHL

The commisioner written response is that Nepean had applied and was grated an exemption to this rule for the showcase. As a result, Nepean will not forfeit any wins.

As Homer Simpson would say "DOOH". Can you imagine any CCHL team requesting an exemption for allowing a ineligible player to play in the showcase. Would all teams be allowed to bring in a "ringer". Where is the commisioner's rational?

The commissioner has now come to his senses and the realized that the optics do not look good.

Nepean has now voluntarily removed Mulder from their line up till things cool down.

It is a slippery slope commissioner.

You should spend more attention to all teams interest than granting these exemptions to specific teams.
I believe the entire Board of Governors (owners) voted on the exemption.

I believe Mulder is the back-up.

Old
09-30-2012, 12:52 PM
eddyshack

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeynut12 View Post
Back to hockey.

Believe it or not the Ottawa Junior Senators coming into the last day of the first month have the best winning percentage in the league at .714. They have not had a "light" schedule either playing CP twice, Pembroke, Smiths Falls and Cornwall in their first 7 games and they have Nepean this afternoon.

Looking forward they have a few games coming up against Gloucester (2), Brockville and Hawkesbury.

Don't really hear much from the OJS on this forum. After losing a lot of their top guns from last year I don't think many people predicted this.
Congrats to OJS and others. There are a lot of surprises in the league, at this time.

It is great. Any team can win (or lose) on any given day.

Old
09-30-2012, 01:04 PM
CJHL SUPPORTER

Quote:
I believe the entire Board of Governors (owners) voted on the exemption.

I believe Mulder is the back-up.
You are clearly mistaken that the Board of Governors would hold an emergency meeting to discuss the eligibility status of Nepean Raiders players at the showcase.

They have more important things to discuss. Especially since there are rules drafted to address situations of this nature and were anticipated in advance.

Basically you make a trade and then you abide by league rules. No exceptions.

What the commissioner is clearly red faced about is that the exemption letter was dated after the date of the showcase. We are awaiting a response from the commissioner on that one.

Old
09-30-2012, 01:45 PM
CJHL SUPPORTER

Quote:
Congrats to OJS and others. There are a lot of surprises in the league, at this time.

It is great. Any team can win (or lose) on any given day.
My connections with the OJS have come through again.

Previoulsy I had let my followers know that Greg Millen would be returning from the OHL to anchor their goal tending situation.

Owen Werthner has been practicisng with the Senators and the OJS is working out his playing rights with the Q. Crouch will be digging into his pocket books for this one.

Derek Boudreau is having second thoughts about playing with the Gatineu Olympiques and has expressed an interest with the OJS to negotiate for his rights to facilitate his return. He has not been happy with his playing time with Gatineau and their lack of victories.

The sens may have a whole new set of tools in their arsenal very shortly.

Old
09-30-2012, 03:13 PM
SimplyaFan

Hawks at it again. Showing just how classless and out of control they are. Cross checks to the head for anyone who celebrates after a goal. Who teaches them that crap and better yet why do they let them get away with it. League really needs to do something about this before someone is seriously hurt.

Old
09-30-2012, 06:10 PM
overtheboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyaFan View Post
Hawks at it again. Showing just how classless and out of control they are. Cross checks to the head for anyone who celebrates after a goal. Who teaches them that crap and better yet why do they let them get away with it. League really needs to do something about this before someone is seriously hurt.
They didnt do anything about it last year or last week . The clowns in charge of the league will only do something when a parent brings the league to court for the way they allow things like this to happen and that they turn a blind eye on it . Thought the league was trying to get head shots out of the game but only serving 2 and 10 isnt scaring some kids from doing it .

Old
09-30-2012, 06:17 PM
oldnucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJHL SUPPORTER View Post
My connections with the OJS have come through again.

Previoulsy I had let my followers know that Greg Millen would be returning from the OHL to anchor their goal tending situation.

Owen Werthner has been practicisng with the Senators and the OJS is working out his playing rights with the Q. Crouch will be digging into his pocket books for this one.

Derek Boudreau is having second thoughts about playing with the Gatineu Olympiques and has expressed an interest with the OJS to negotiate for his rights to facilitate his return. He has not been happy with his playing time with Gatineau and their lack of victories.

The sens may have a whole new set of tools in their arsenal very shortly.

They dont lose the players rights if they go to the O or Q....

Old
09-30-2012, 07:30 PM
hawxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
By your logic Mr. Couvrette, Patrick Martin is only the 12th best goalie in the league. It's pretty obvious that you know nothing about hockey.
By the way, stats dont lie ottawafan666....wait thats the devils number, yikes !!

Old
09-30-2012, 08:33 PM
oldnucks

looks like varrin and rosebrook stepped up against their old clubs. 3 points each

Closed Thread