HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

How will Yakupov's situtation be resolved?

Old
09-28-2012, 02:05 PM
Theokritos

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreator View Post
hahahahah Wow, why the hate for Larry?
Russian homers who don't like the fact he's bringing Russian juniors to North America (="stealing players from Russia"). And some even seem to think he shouldn't have rebelled against the Tikhonov regime in the first place...

Theokritos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 02:29 PM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theokritos View Post
Russian homers who don't like the fact he's bringing Russian juniors to North America (="stealing players from Russia"). And some even seem to think he shouldn't have rebelled against the Tikhonov regime in the first place...
Those are the exact reasons why I love him!

Turrican* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 02:36 PM
Peter25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakushev72 View Post
He was a cancerous element when he was a player as well!
He was the weakest link of the KLM line but he was a great player still. He would not have made the KLM line if he was average.

Peter25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 02:39 PM
Peter25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theokritos View Post
I don't have anything against Larionov because he rebelled against Tikhonov. The Soviet system needed to be broken down and each player should have the right to choose where he plays. Larionov was right then. The Soviet players deserved the right to try their luck in the NHL.

But today Larionov is doing nothing but harm to Russian hockey system and the players he represents by bringing them to the CHL or some American junior leagues where the training is inferior to what they would get in Russia.

Peter25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 06:44 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter25 View Post
But today Larionov is doing nothing but harm to Russian hockey system and the players he represents by bringing them to the CHL or some American junior leagues where the training is inferior to what they would get in Russia.
You really need to do some research on how CHL teams are training these days before making an ass out of yourself.

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 09:09 PM
Theokritos

Quote:
I don't have anything against Larionov because he rebelled against Tikhonov. The Soviet system needed to be broken down and each player should have the right to choose where he plays. Larionov was right then. The Soviet players deserved the right to try their luck in the NHL.
Good for you to say that. Unfortunately Yakushev72 doesn't seem to see it in the same light...

Quote:
Okay. But even if you think so you shouldn't refer to him as a cancerous element, that's a very ugly kind of wording and the educated part of mankind (to which I think you belong) should be beyond it by now. Criticize Larionov all you want, but analogies like the one you have used really have no place in any debate in the 21st century.

Old
09-29-2012, 04:40 AM
Acallabeth
Play fair, post fair

Send a message via Skype™ to Acallabeth
Oh so it's over, nice!

Acallabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 04:47 AM
Mr Writer

Quote:

My recollection maybe off....but I thought it was Fetisov who was the first to rebel and demand to be released from CSKA...

Mr Writer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 05:18 AM
Theokritos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Writer View Post
hought it was Fetisov who was the first to rebel and demand to be released from CSKA...
Both of them.

Old
09-29-2012, 05:26 AM
Atas2000

Quote:

So much BS! Larionov does a lot for russian hockey, not to mention he does more than you will ever be able to do. You all just want everybody regardless of the personal situation to stay in Russia for some kind of ridic reason. Most of your hate is actually based on the fact Larionov lives outside Russia and speaks his mind openly on the state of russian hockey when asked(He's not always right, but that's what he thinks.). The BS with bringing players over to NA is so baseless.

Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 05:43 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Atas2000
You know that Larionov is "selling" 15-7 old kids.. right? It is against human rights.

Season 2005/06, Ovechkin, 106 pts. Season 06/07, Malkin, 85 pts. If Yakupov, Grigorenko and ALL of Larionov clients will have 85+ pts in NHL rookie season, I will say - yes, Larionov helped the kids. If not, he did not help them. End of story, wont discuss it with you anymore.

Do you believe Larionov is helping russian hockey? Not, he is NOT. He may help kids (dont agree btw), but not russian hockey. If he cares about russian hockey, he would support KHL-VHL-MHL model of developing, not CHL etc route. He would bring new ideas to developing model in russia, would build arenas, organise camps, lure best canadian coaches to work for KHL-MHL, would work for KHL, MHL or FHR. But he does not do it. He just wants to earn money by "selling" kids.

vorky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 06:43 AM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
So much BS! Larionov does a lot for russian hockey, not to mention he does more than you will ever be able to do. You all just want everybody regardless of the personal situation to stay in Russia for some kind of ridic reason. Most of your hate is actually based on the fact Larionov lives outside Russia and speaks his mind openly on the state of russian hockey when asked(He's not always right, but that's what he thinks.). The BS with bringing players over to NA is so baseless.
Peter25 being a born and bred Finn, that would be quite hard to accomplish anyway...

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 04:58 PM
Theokritos

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
You know that Larionov is "selling" 15-7 old kids.. right? It is against human rights.
Seriously? What are you talking about exactly?

Old
09-29-2012, 07:33 PM
Dado

vCash:
This is ridiculous. He should be allowed to play where ever he and his professional team choose to have him play.

Old
09-29-2012, 08:31 PM
checkerdome

Update:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/...on-oilers.html

"Hockey Canada clears Nail Yakupov to resume KHL career"

checkerdome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 09:38 PM
BagHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
It's more a matter of CHL protecting themselves.
Nail was drafted out of the CHL. Therefore as being under 20 if he doesn't play in the NHL by agreement he's to return to his CHL team. If he was drafted from any other league the NHL team can assign players where ever they wish.
Isn't the CHL contract a contract between them and the AHL? Not the NHL? If I'm correctly informed, the only way the under 20 rule would matter is if he were trying to play for OKC. Right?

Whatever the case, I'm glad to see Yak's getting his chance in the KHL. I'm interested in seeing how he does against men. Something tells me he'll be just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicente View Post
NHL is not respecting any contract in Europe. Not of KHL, not of DEL, SEL, SM-liiga or whatever other league... they feel they are like Gods who can decide everything by themselves.

Unless NHL does respect KHL contracts, KHL shouldn't respect any NHL contract anymore.
Radulov. (The KHL never did in the first place.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreator View Post
Those are the exact reasons why I love him!
Plus, his wine!

Last edited by BagHead: 09-29-2012 at 09:44 PM.
BagHead is offline   Reply With Quote