HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Prospect Stats and Discussion: 2012-13

Closed Thread

Old
09-23-2012, 04:16 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourier View Post
Reider with one more assist today on a gal by Matt Puempel. Kitchener won 3-2 in a SO over Sarnia. Galchenyuk had 0 points.

I did not see much of the game but have it taped and will watch it later.
Thanks for the heads up, looking forward to your thoughts on the game later.

09-23-2012, 05:43 PM
dixs35

vCash: 250
Ewanyk 1A
Moroz +1

Old
09-24-2012, 06:01 AM
Fourier

Watched the Rangers/Sting game last night.

Rieder had another solid though fairly quiet game by his line's standards. He had a second assist on one of the Rangers pp goals. It really should have been a goal as the Sting's goalie Anderson made a great save on Rieder's onetimer off a cross ice pass from Puempel. He then made another great save off Thomson off the rebound, before Puempel buried it.

Rieder could have 3 or 4 goals so far with a little luck. But Kitchener has run into some solid goaltending.

Rieder was very aggressive on the forecheck all day and played well on the pk. His line was less noticable than in the first game, as Spott moved Puempel to the second line with Alberga and Czinder, with Thomson joining Faksa and Rieder. The Rieder line did have a few very good shifts, including one in the third where they absolutely dominated Sarnia for a good part of a minute. I think Rieder had four shots on net in that shift alone.

One interesting note was that Faksa was moved to the 2nd pp unit and Rieder was basically the center on the pp. He did ok on the draws and looked quite comfortably on the right half-wall.

Old
09-24-2012, 04:57 PM
Draekke

vCash: 50
Hey guys, where can I go to find info about Klefbom, and the games he's playing in. I'd be interested in knowing his TOI, SOG and other stats.

Old
09-24-2012, 05:04 PM
dnicks17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draekke View Post
Hey guys, where can I go to find info about Klefbom, and the games he's playing in. I'd be interested in knowing his TOI, SOG and other stats.
Check out this thread: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1218865

Old
09-24-2012, 05:09 PM
Draekke

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
Damn...right on the front page. My bad, thanks.

Old
09-24-2012, 05:11 PM
dnicks17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draekke View Post
Damn...right on the front page. My bad, thanks.
No problem.

Old
09-24-2012, 08:57 PM
rockinghockey

Who do you guys think will be our top 2 prospects this year? I want to so Zharkov have a big year and Yak.

Old
09-25-2012, 11:22 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Who do you guys think will be our top 2 prospects this year? I want to so Zharkov have a big year and Yak.
Something tells me one of the bigger prospects that can skate are going to look real good in the AHL. I'm looking at Prv and Pitlick, and of course Yak.

Old
09-25-2012, 01:24 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Something tells me one of the bigger prospects that can skate are going to look real good in the AHL. I'm looking at Prv and Pitlick, and of course Yak.
If PRV plays on a line with RNH this will give us the chance to see what he can really do with some talent. If he plays very well when ever the season starts it might open up a spot for him with the big club.

Old
09-25-2012, 06:52 PM
tiger_80

Hopefully all of Paajarvi, Hartikainen, Pitlick get to play with RNH or Eberle. Something like Hartikainen-RNH-Pitlick
Paajarvi-Green-Eberle would be interesting.

Old
09-26-2012, 08:22 AM
Soli
Supervision Required

David Musil is the other name on the Oilers short list (2-3 players only) of drafted CHL juniors that can be recalled to training camp after the lockout. He joins Nail Yakupov.

Rieder, Moroz, Gernat, Ewanyk, and Zharkov are the other CHL juniors that did not make the list. I would have invited Zharkov (never been to a NHL training camp) or Rieder (nod to his fantastic season). The Oil Kings are around the organization enough to have eyes on their training and development.

Old
09-26-2012, 10:17 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli View Post
David Musil is the other name on the Oilers short list (2-3 players only) of drafted CHL juniors that can be recalled to training camp after the lockout. He joins Nail Yakupov.

Rieder, Moroz, Gernat, Ewanyk, and Zharkov are the other CHL juniors that did not make the list. I would have invited Zharkov (never been to a NHL training camp) or Rieder (nod to his fantastic season). The Oil Kings are around the organization enough to have eyes on their training and development.
I wouldn't bring anyone to the training camp unless they have a shot at the NHL or AHL team. It's going to be a shorter camp and we won't have time like we generally would have with a normal camp. That and I don't see the need to take Musil away from his team at that point.

Old
09-26-2012, 10:41 AM
insider
@MarkF_FC

I know he's not one of our guys anymore, but some of these Euro teams sure can make some guys look tougher than they are: http://www.ehcb.ch/index.php?option=...mid=86&lang=de

That entire set of pictures is just awesome.

Old
09-26-2012, 02:04 PM
jnewton91

Looks like Tuohimaa has been loaned back to Kiekko-Vantaa in the second division, same team he played for last year:

http://eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=16434

3.40 GAA and an 0.867 SP in his first two games. The other goalie is an 18 year old 3rd round pick of the Blue Jackets whose numbers are 2.50/0.913.

Small sample size, but not a great start.

Old
09-26-2012, 05:24 PM
tiger_80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli View Post

Musil has always been touted as a safe pick with limited upside. Good to see his development has progressed well enough for the Oilers to take notice.

Old
09-27-2012, 06:23 AM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnewton91 View Post
Looks like Tuohimaa has been loaned back to Kiekko-Vantaa in the second division, same team he played for last year:

http://eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=16434

3.40 GAA and an 0.867 SP in his first two games. The other goalie is an 18 year old 3rd round pick of the Blue Jackets whose numbers are 2.50/0.913.

Small sample size, but not a great start.
Jokerit #1 goalie Eero Kilpeläinen is out with a minor injury so Tuohimaa will start today against Ilves in Tampere, with 18 year old Joonas Korpisalo as the backup.

Old
09-27-2012, 04:23 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Jokerit won 4-3 after the shootout, Tuohimaa with 16 saves. ilves scored all of their goals on the pp, so he's not really at fault(3rd one maybe but the defense coughed that one up). Highlights: http://www.nelonenpro.fi/j%C3%A4%C3%...deo&vid=279630

Old
09-28-2012, 06:25 AM
Fourier

Rieder with his first goal of the season last night in a 4-2 loss to Windsor. He is now 3gp 1g 2a 3pts for the season.

My PVR did not record the game so I can't comment on the play. But it looks like it was fairly wide open after the first, with 68 combined shots.

Rieder was the game's second star.

Old
09-29-2012, 04:06 AM
OiledUp

Sat down to watch Djurgården and Erik Gustafsson yesterday only to find out he's out with a concussion, don't know how serious it is though.

Old
09-29-2012, 04:10 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OiledUp View Post
Sat down to watch Djurgården and Erik Gustafsson yesterday only to find out he's out with a concussion, don't know how serious it is though.
Damn that really sucks all the way around Hopefully he'll recover soon and you can get another chance to watch him.

Old
09-29-2012, 04:19 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

9/28 games

Rieder with a pair of primary PP assists in a 2-1 win

Zharkov scoreless and even in a 1-0 loss

Moroz scoreless and even with a double roughing minor in a 4-1 loss

Ewanyk scoreless and -1 with a roughing minor in a 4-1 loss

Musil with a secondary assist and a -1 in a 5-3 loss

Old
09-29-2012, 06:59 AM
Fourier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
9/28 games

Rieder with a pair of primary PP assists in a 2-1 win

Zharkov scoreless and even in a 1-0 loss

Moroz scoreless and even with a double roughing minor in a 4-1 loss

Ewanyk scoreless and -1 with a roughing minor in a 4-1 loss

Musil with a secondary assist and a -1 in a 5-3 loss
Rieder played very well, though the Kitchener offense seems to be almost non-existent at ES. The Rieder, Faksa, Puempel line with Murphy generally on the backend has been dangerous in most of the games I have seen. (Puempel was on a different line one night), but they have yet to finish. Great goaltending from both teams in the Ranger's games so far.

His first assist came when Puempel buried a rebound off a shot from Rieder. Rieder had just taken a short drop pass from Puempel on the rush. The second assist was a nice little cross crease pass to Faksa for a tap in.

Rieder also stripped Griffith of the puck on the halfwall and ended up with a clean shorthanded break away. The Rangers have not given up a pp goal all year, with Rieder and Faksa being the key forwards on the pk.

Old
09-29-2012, 06:56 PM
Joseppi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourier View Post
Rieder played very well, though the Kitchener offense seems to be almost non-existent at ES. The Rieder, Faksa, Puempel line with Murphy generally on the backend has been dangerous in most of the games I have seen. (Puempel was on a different line one night), but they have yet to finish. Great goaltending from both teams in the Ranger's games so far.

His first assist came when Puempel buried a rebound off a shot from Rieder. Rieder had just taken a short drop pass from Puempel on the rush. The second assist was a nice little cross crease pass to Faksa for a tap in.

Rieder also stripped Griffith of the puck on the halfwall and ended up with a clean shorthanded break away. The Rangers have not given up a pp goal all year, with Rieder and Faksa being the key forwards on the pk.
Thanks for the updates man. You too, everyone else in the thread. It's much appreciated!

Old
09-30-2012, 12:13 PM
Pyth

Laddy Smid scored today again )

Closed Thread