HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alex Galchenyuk Thread 3.0 - Unbelievable++ Edition

Closed Thread

Old
09-28-2012, 07:33 PM
hockeyman*

vCash: 500
he'll be just fine.

Old
09-28-2012, 07:44 PM
NotProkofievian

Could you imagine if he went like, 0.9 ppg?

Old
09-28-2012, 07:51 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
Not really. The probabilities of him being under a .ppg are very low.

Old
09-28-2012, 07:54 PM
Rozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
to be honest I`m not worried in the slightest if that happens... I have faith in the boy and will wait to see how he works out in the bigs before freaking out at all. now that being said I dont want to see that happen for gally`s sake.. but more so, almost purely for not wanting to see the reaction of everyone on this site lol

Old
09-28-2012, 08:10 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Not really. The probabilities of him being under a .ppg are very low.
I'm just nervously waiting for 29dryden29 to come in and tell his story about how he had a knee surgery, and Galchenyuk is going to completely bust. He'll gain a cult following, mostly among the Nordiques fans here saying "We should've traded the 3rd overall for huberdeau!"

...that should happen about...game 5 I think.

Old
09-28-2012, 08:25 PM
NewHabsEra*

End of the game, Sarnia choke it big time in the third..

Old
09-28-2012, 08:37 PM
That

4-3 win for Sault Ste Marie. They battled back from a 3-1 deficit, scoring 2 goals in 30 seconds. They scored the game winner with just over minute remaining. Galchenyuk had 1 goal, and was -1.

Gally had a slow start to the game. He was pretty quiet in the first period. He was involved in a few scrums, and looked great defensively. The blocked passing lane and tied his man up. He has a fantastic two-way game. Offensively he picked up as the game the went on. On the powerplay he was particularly dangerous. He had a few nice passes, and one particular one over 2 sticks from the point to opposite corner. Galchenyuk played in various places on the powerplay. One point he went from the blue line and slowly worked his way to the net where he got a scoring chance. He around the circles a few times and a few chances there. On the 5-on-3 he carried the puck for a good 30 seconds of it, and took multiple shots. He scored his goal by driving the net. He got the loose puck and buried it. He looked good in the third, but Sarnia fell apart. They started playing sloppy and that includes Galchenyuk (to a lesser extent). It's quite surprising how much Sarnia relies on him at both ends of the ice. I'd certainly like to see him get more help.

Overall, he played a good game. He showed his defensive prowess and showed some good flashes offensively. Still waiting for him to take over a game, but that will come with time. His timing is still getting better and his reaction time is improving as well.

I thought Connor Murphy once again played fantastic. Looked good at both ends of the ice.

JP Anderson looked good until the third, where he had trouble controlling rebounds.
The entire Sarnia defense was bad in the third. The forwards also started to get lazy while back checking.

Alex Gudbranson had a particularly strong game, he looked great defensively. He made good decisions and never looked pressured.

David Broll had a quite a few scoring chances but didn't finish any of them. Not surprising considering he literally does nothing good other than being big and punching people.

Nick Cousins played pretty good. Had a slow start and was undisciplined, but put it together near the end of the game.

Old
09-28-2012, 08:55 PM
bleuetbio

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
4-3 win for Sault Ste Marie. They battled back from a 3-1 deficit, scoring 2 goals in 30 seconds. They scored the game winner with just over minute remaining. Galchenyuk had 1 goal, and was -1.

Gally had a slow start to the game. He was pretty quiet in the first period. He was involved in a few scrums, and looked great defensively. The blocked passing lane and tied his man up. He has a fantastic two-way game. Offensively he picked up as the game the went on. On the powerplay he was particularly dangerous. He had a few nice passes, and one particular one over 2 sticks from the point to opposite corner. Galchenyuk played in various places on the powerplay. One point he went from the blue line and slowly worked his way to the net where he got a scoring chance. He around the circles a few times and a few chances there. On the 5-on-3 he carried the puck for a good 30 seconds of it, and took multiple shots. He scored his goal by driving the net. He got the loose puck and buried it. He looked good in the third, but Sarnia fell apart. They started playing sloppy and that includes Galchenyuk (to a lesser extent). It's quite surprising how much Sarnia relies on him at both ends of the ice. I'd certainly like to see him get more help.

Overall, he played a good game. He showed his defensive prowess and showed some good flashes offensively. Still waiting for him to take over a game, but that will come with time. His timing is still getting better and his reaction time is improving as well.

I thought Connor Murphy once again played fantastic. Looked good at both ends of the ice.

JP Anderson looked good until the third, where he had trouble controlling rebounds.
The entire Sarnia defense was bad in the third. The forwards also started to get lazy while back checking.

Alex Gudbranson had a particularly strong game, he looked great defensively. He made good decisions and never looked pressured.

David Broll had a quite a few scoring chances but didn't finish any of them. Not surprising considering he literally does nothing good other than being big and punching people.

Nick Cousins played pretty good. Had a slow start and was undisciplined, but put it together near the end of the game.
tx for the comments. It's realy appreciate for everybody who cant see his games. That said, he was +1 after 2 periods and his line seems responsable for the lost tonight. You told that Anderson wasn't good in third but do you consider Galchy responsable somewhere for the goals?

Also, you tell me the reason why I dont why Yakupov back in Sarnia. I love to see Alex control the puck and gets less space to make the plays. We dont want a "superman line". He has to create his space. He has to control the puck. He has to be the better man. He has to make his own numbers.

Like others here, we'll give him more times but I would like see multipoints games soon. 80 points / 50 games is what we diserve to have from a top 3 drafted player.

Also, do you know if you'll be able to stream the game soon?

Old
09-28-2012, 08:56 PM
Et le But

Hearing so many good things about his defensive game is only good. My dream for Galchenyuk is a Toews type, not a 100 pointer.

Old
09-28-2012, 09:05 PM
That

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleuetbio View Post
tx for the comments. It's realy appreciate for everybody who cant see his games. That said, he was +1 after 2 periods and his line seems responsable for the lost tonight. You told that Anderson wasn't good in third but do you consider Galchy responsable somewhere for the goals?

Also, you tell me the reason why I dont why Yakupov back in Sarnia. I love to see Alex control the puck and gets less space to make the plays. We dont want a "superman line". He has to create his space. He has to control the puck. He has to be the better man. He has to make his own numbers.

Like others here, we'll give him more times but I would like see multipoints games soon. 80 points / 50 games is what we diserve to have from a top 3 drafted player.

I do not consider him responsible at all. Sarnia as a team started to loosen up in the 3rd, and both goals he was on against for were just defensive lapses.

Yakupov went to play in the KHL. Honestly there's no reason for him to come back and play in Sarnia. He's NHL ready and the playing against men in the KHL well better prepare him for the NHL than dominating the OHL. He made his own numbers in his rookie season. Contrary to popular belief he rarely played Yakupov. Gally centred the 2nd line. However, they played on the PP and that was a huge part of his production. It shouldn't affect him that much. He's a better player to build around (in the juniors at least) than Yakupov.

50 game and 80 points is very reasonable. Its much more refreshing than people expecting 100 points or he's a bust.

I was actually just about to post again about the stream. I'm trying to figure out how to do it. I have a PVR, but I don't know how transfer the file to my laptop. I doubt I'd be able to stream it due to my crappy internet so I hope someone can do it.

Old
09-28-2012, 09:12 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
I was actually just about to post again about the stream. I'm trying to figure out how to do it. I have a PVR, but I don't know how transfer the file to my laptop. I doubt I'd be able to stream it due to my crappy internet so I hope someone can do it.
I'll comment on the other stuff later but you don't need to stream it. The best way is to have access to a dedicated FTP and host the files there so we can download, I used to have access to that kind of stuff, not so much now or else I would give you a good private one to upload to.

Old
09-28-2012, 09:17 PM
Subbanned

Quote:
I do not consider him responsible at all. Sarnia as a team started to loosen up in the 3rd, and both goals he was on against for were just defensive lapses.

Yakupov went to play in the KHL. Honestly there's no reason for him to come back and play in Sarnia. He's NHL ready and the playing against men in the KHL well better prepare him for the NHL than dominating the OHL. He made his own numbers in his rookie season. Contrary to popular belief he rarely played Yakupov. Gally centred the 2nd line. However, they played on the PP and that was a huge part of his production. It shouldn't affect him that much. He's a better player to build around (in the juniors at least) than Yakupov.

50 game and 80 points is very reasonable. Its much more refreshing than people expecting 100 points or he's a bust.

Yeah I think Yaks helped raise Gally's point totals a bit. Not a knock on Gally though, Yak is just a producer, especially on that PP.

Old
09-28-2012, 09:23 PM
That

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
I'll comment on the other stuff later but you don't need to stream it. The best way is to have access to a dedicated FTP and host the files there so we can download, I used to have access to that kind of stuff, not so much now or else I would give you a good private one to upload to.
I'm not tech savvy, so forgive me if I make a mistake. I wasn't planning on live streaming, I was thinking about uploading to Youtube or a similar video streaming site after the game is over. I have the game saved on my PVR, but I don't know how to get it on the internet. I was thinking there was some way to transfer the recording to my computer and then upload to the internet, but googling didn't really give me any help.

Old
09-28-2012, 09:27 PM
bleuetbio

Quote:
Contrary to popular belief he rarely played Yakupov. Gally centred the 2nd line. However, they played on the PP and that was a huge part of his production.
Yeah, I knew that but Sarnia looks bad this year and if Yakupov would be back, probably both guys would play together for 1/3 of the entire game to bring back the team in the game.... I prefer to see galchy with pressure. Also, with Yaku on board, there's no way that Galchy would keep the puck that long on PP.

For the other peoples, they probably think more about 80 games / 100 points. It happens sometimes. They generally forget about the number of games, the WJC and NHL camps. Believe it or not, it happens to me sometimes

Old
09-28-2012, 09:29 PM
Makander

Quote:

Actually he probably could have prevented the second goal just by lifting Fritsch stick but he didnt react quickly enough, not his fault tough, the Sarnia defenders on that play were horrible.

Also if he keep playing like that i'm not sure he will score 80pts in 50 games, hes too defensively cautious, he does not take many risk offensively, plays very deep in his zone and he does not have the best linemates. He will still score a lot of points just because he is very talented and a step above every one else. Imo he is developing the right way as he'll turn into a very good 2 way player and with the right linemates he could still put elite numbers.

Old
09-28-2012, 09:46 PM
That

Quote:
Yeah, I knew that but Sarnia looks bad this year and if Yakupov would be back, probably both guys would play together for 1/3 of the entire game to bring back the team in the game.... I prefer to see galchy with pressure. Also, with Yaku on board, there's no way that Galchy would keep the puck that long on PP.

For the other peoples, they probably think more about 80 games / 100 points. It happens sometimes. They generally forget about the number of games, the WJC and NHL camps. Believe it or not, it happens to me sometimes
Good point. Especially Yakupov can be a shooter and a passer on the PP, the puck would go through him just as much as it does with Gally now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makander View Post
Actually he probably could have prevented the second goal just by lifting Fritsch stick but he didnt react quickly enough, not his fault tough, the Sarnia defenders on that play were horrible.

Also if he keep playing like that i'm not sure he will score 80pts in 50 games, hes too defensively cautious, he does not take many risk offensively, plays very deep in his zone and he does not have the best linemates. He will still score a lot of points just because he is very talented and a step above every one else. Imo he is developing the right way as he'll turn into a very good 2 way player and with the right linemates he could still put elite numbers.
He won't keep playing like this though. He'll get much better. His timing is still off, his reactions are too, and he is still adjusting to added attention teams are giving him. Gally is a smart player who won't take risks offensively if it means the puck can go back to his end right away. As soon as there's an opening offensively he'll jump on it. This is how Kopitar, Hossa, and Toews all play.

Old
09-28-2012, 09:49 PM
bleuetbio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makander View Post
Even if it's a good thing to see him a good 2way players, It should be important to let him go in front of the play a little bit more at this level. When you have the skills, its important let the show going on. Back in time, I remember how high was the expectations for Ryan Mcdonagh. I saw some comparisons with Scott Niedermayer when he played for Cretins High School. It was not the same thing in Wisconsin under Eaves control with good puckmoving Dmen like B.Smith on the team. Slowly, the mini Nieds become a mini Suter and the mini Suter becomes a mini Komisarek. We all know what happen to him, how it finished and how bad we look now. Imagine if Galchy becomes a perfect 2ways players but the fans and GM would prefer Louis Leblanc in the same role... I know, its a chaotic scenario but we never know in Montreal. I trust Bergevin, in fact i met in 5 years ago and it will be different with him. Montreal is on good hands, but I just dont trust Montreal

Old
09-28-2012, 10:46 PM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

vCash: 50
I want to watch so bad!! awhhhhh lol

Old
09-28-2012, 10:49 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:

He also skates really well.

Old
09-29-2012, 08:58 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Video highlights:

http://ontariohockeyleague.com/video...76a69948070f66

So Gally's doing the Cam Newton superman celebration...

Old
09-29-2012, 09:19 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
I made a couple of quick grabs from the archived video on Hockeystreams.com. No sound and quality isn't brilliant but hey.

Goal:

Powerplay/5-on-3 (Gally plays the full 2 mins):

Old
09-29-2012, 09:44 AM
Roulin

Yakupov cleared to play in KHL, will NOT be joining Galchenyuk in Sarnia - http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sport...324/story.html

Old
09-29-2012, 01:40 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I made a couple of quick grabs from the archived video on Hockeystreams.com. No sound and quality isn't brilliant but hey.

Goal:

Powerplay/5-on-3 (Gally plays the full 2 mins):

Is it just me or did he play basically every position at some point on that power play. And played each position better than his teammates?

Old
09-29-2012, 02:55 PM
Natedawg
Lars Eller

Love how he sees the ice. Just dangerous every time he has the puck on his stick. The points will come.. especially when he plays with guys who can play the give and go game with him and match up skill-wise with him.

Old
09-29-2012, 03:22 PM
Teamwork

He seems to have good really quick puck handling skills and he seems hard to predict.

Closed Thread