HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

2013 Amateur Draft

Closed Thread

Old
09-29-2012, 11:08 AM
Hi-wayman

vCash: 500
2013 Amateur Draft

Should this season end up cancelled due to the lockout, speculate how the 2013 Amateur draft should be handled.

1. Same as always last place to highest with normal lottery based on 2012 finish
2. Totally reverse - highest to last place also with a lottery but with the top teams rather than the bottom teams, also based on 2012 finish.
3. Totally random selection - each team has 1 chance and order is selected by lottery
4. Amateur draft also cancelled and the 2013 draft elegible players are lumped in to the 2014 Anateur Draft.

Could be interesting. If #1, Edmonton or Columbus could end up with another first overall pick depending on the lottery. As this will be decided by the league's GM's, the actual decision may not be the same as what fans may think is fair. Remember the NHL is very close to parity now. Thoughts?

Old
09-29-2012, 11:11 AM
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-wayman View Post
Should this season end up cancelled due to the lockout, speculate how the 2013 Amateur draft should be handled.

1. Same as always last place to highest with normal lottery based on 2012 finish
2. Totally reverse - highest to last place also with a lottery but with the top teams rather than the bottom teams, also based on 2012 finish.
3. Totally random selection - each team has 1 chance and order is selected by lottery
4. Amateur draft also cancelled and the 2013 draft elegible players are lumped in to the 2014 Anateur Draft.

Could be interesting. If #1, Edmonton or Columbus could end up with another first overall pick depending on the lottery. As this will be decided by the league's GM's, the actual decision may not be the same as what fans may think is fair. Thoughts?
Like this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_NHL_Entry_Draft

Old
09-29-2012, 11:23 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
This has been getting discussed a lot on the Prospects board. Two threads regarding same:
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1244645
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1244693

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
09-29-2012, 11:35 AM
Hi-wayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman82 View Post
Yes the snake method might be employed. I thought of it too, but the league is far closer to parity compared to that draft. Your team ended in last place last season, but your team has the capabilty to be a cup contender this season. Nathan MacKinnon is a young Pavel Bure or Sidney Crosby clone if he continue to develop like he has so far. Do you really think the rest of the league is going to be willing to see another franchaise level first overall pick be stockpiled by the Oilers or your team?

Old
09-29-2012, 11:36 AM
Hi-wayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
This has been getting discussed a lot on the Prospects board. Two threads regarding same:
Sorry. I didn't realize that as I'm seldom on the Prospects Board.

Old
09-29-2012, 11:38 AM
candyman82

Quote:
Yes the snake method might be employed. I thought of it too, but the league is far closer to parity compared to that draft. Your team ended in last place last season, but your team has the capabilty to be a cup contender this season. Nathan MacKinnon is a young Pavel Bure or Sidney Crosby clone if he continue to develop like he has so far. Do you really think the rest of the league is going to be willing to see another franchaise level first overall pick be stockpiled by the Oilers or your team?
You know that the Jackets have never left the lottery with a 1st overall pick, right?

Old
09-29-2012, 11:46 AM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
You think that CBJ can be a cup contender? I hope it goes to them if not the Leafs, because the draft has sucked for CBJ the past years. You can't make a mistake with Mackinnon. They need to fire Howson though, and get some better scouting / development people. Hoping Leafs can get top 3, for Monahan.

Old
09-29-2012, 11:47 AM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
You know that the Jackets have never left the lottery with a 1st overall pick, right?
They traded up for Nash with FLD right?

Old
09-29-2012, 11:49 AM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

I hope that they will just go back to since the last lockout, so then Leafs get best chance

Old
09-29-2012, 11:52 AM
Hi-wayman

Quote:
The Canucks have never had a first overall pick or a cup yet either. I'm not saying the Jackets or the Oilers shouldn't be eligible. I'm trying to say watch out for dirty pool from some of the other team's GM's trying to stack the draft in their favour. I don't think Gillis would be involved, but many of the other GM's & owners I wouldn't trust.

Old
09-29-2012, 12:29 PM
spiny norman
Global Moderator
Dinsdale !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
As these other threads already exist, I'm going to close this thread.

Closed Thread