HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

2013 Amateur Draft

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-29-2012, 11:08 AM
  #1
Hi-wayman
Registered User
 
Hi-wayman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,668
vCash: 500
2013 Amateur Draft

Should this season end up cancelled due to the lockout, speculate how the 2013 Amateur draft should be handled.

1. Same as always last place to highest with normal lottery based on 2012 finish
2. Totally reverse - highest to last place also with a lottery but with the top teams rather than the bottom teams, also based on 2012 finish.
3. Totally random selection - each team has 1 chance and order is selected by lottery
4. Amateur draft also cancelled and the 2013 draft elegible players are lumped in to the 2014 Anateur Draft.

Could be interesting. If #1, Edmonton or Columbus could end up with another first overall pick depending on the lottery. As this will be decided by the league's GM's, the actual decision may not be the same as what fans may think is fair. Remember the NHL is very close to parity now. Thoughts?

Hi-wayman is offline  
Old
09-29-2012, 11:11 AM
  #2
candyman82
Registered User
 
candyman82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 2,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-wayman View Post
Should this season end up cancelled due to the lockout, speculate how the 2013 Amateur draft should be handled.

1. Same as always last place to highest with normal lottery based on 2012 finish
2. Totally reverse - highest to last place also with a lottery but with the top teams rather than the bottom teams, also based on 2012 finish.
3. Totally random selection - each team has 1 chance and order is selected by lottery
4. Amateur draft also cancelled and the 2013 draft elegible players are lumped in to the 2014 Anateur Draft.

Could be interesting. If #1, Edmonton or Columbus could end up with another first overall pick depending on the lottery. As this will be decided by the league's GM's, the actual decision may not be the same as what fans may think is fair. Thoughts?
Like this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_NHL_Entry_Draft

candyman82 is offline  
Old
09-29-2012, 11:23 AM
  #3
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 21,775
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
This has been getting discussed a lot on the Prospects board. Two threads regarding same:
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1244645
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1244693

__________________
Remember - when you're a hockey fan, it's not "reckless driving", it's "good forechecking".
"Viqsi, you are our sweet humanist..." --mt-svk on the CBJ boards

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline  
Old
09-29-2012, 11:35 AM
  #4
Hi-wayman
Registered User
 
Hi-wayman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman82 View Post
Yes the snake method might be employed. I thought of it too, but the league is far closer to parity compared to that draft. Your team ended in last place last season, but your team has the capabilty to be a cup contender this season. Nathan MacKinnon is a young Pavel Bure or Sidney Crosby clone if he continue to develop like he has so far. Do you really think the rest of the league is going to be willing to see another franchaise level first overall pick be stockpiled by the Oilers or your team?

Hi-wayman is offline  
Old
09-29-2012, 11:36 AM
  #5
Hi-wayman
Registered User
 
Hi-wayman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
This has been getting discussed a lot on the Prospects board. Two threads regarding same:
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1244645
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1244693
Sorry. I didn't realize that as I'm seldom on the Prospects Board.

Hi-wayman is offline  
Old
09-29-2012, 11:38 AM
  #6
candyman82
Registered User
 
candyman82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 2,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-wayman View Post
Yes the snake method might be employed. I thought of it too, but the league is far closer to parity compared to that draft. Your team ended in last place last season, but your team has the capabilty to be a cup contender this season. Nathan MacKinnon is a young Pavel Bure or Sidney Crosby clone if he continue to develop like he has so far. Do you really think the rest of the league is going to be willing to see another franchaise level first overall pick be stockpiled by the Oilers or your team?
You know that the Jackets have never left the lottery with a 1st overall pick, right?

candyman82 is offline  
Old
09-29-2012, 11:46 AM
  #7
Leafs For Life*
Nothing
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,636
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-wayman View Post
Yes the snake method might be employed. I thought of it too, but the league is far closer to parity compared to that draft. Your team ended in last place last season, but your team has the capabilty to be a cup contender this season. Nathan MacKinnon is a young Pavel Bure or Sidney Crosby clone if he continue to develop like he has so far. Do you really think the rest of the league is going to be willing to see another franchaise level first overall pick be stockpiled by the Oilers or your team?
You think that CBJ can be a cup contender? I hope it goes to them if not the Leafs, because the draft has sucked for CBJ the past years. You can't make a mistake with Mackinnon. They need to fire Howson though, and get some better scouting / development people. Hoping Leafs can get top 3, for Monahan.

Leafs For Life* is offline  
Old
09-29-2012, 11:47 AM
  #8
Leafs For Life*
Nothing
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,636
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman82 View Post
You know that the Jackets have never left the lottery with a 1st overall pick, right?
They traded up for Nash with FLD right?

Leafs For Life* is offline  
Old
09-29-2012, 11:49 AM
  #9
Leafs For Life*
Nothing
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,636
vCash: 500
I hope that they will just go back to since the last lockout, so then Leafs get best chance

Leafs For Life* is offline  
Old
09-29-2012, 11:52 AM
  #10
Hi-wayman
Registered User
 
Hi-wayman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman82 View Post
You know that the Jackets have never left the lottery with a 1st overall pick, right?
The Canucks have never had a first overall pick or a cup yet either. I'm not saying the Jackets or the Oilers shouldn't be eligible. I'm trying to say watch out for dirty pool from some of the other team's GM's trying to stack the draft in their favour. I don't think Gillis would be involved, but many of the other GM's & owners I wouldn't trust.

Hi-wayman is offline  
Old
09-29-2012, 12:29 PM
  #11
spiny norman
Global Moderator
Dinsdale !!!
 
spiny norman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
This has been getting discussed a lot on the Prospects board. Two threads regarding same:
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1244645
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1244693
As these other threads already exist, I'm going to close this thread.

spiny norman is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:31 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.