HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

I see the Ducks got their guts stomped out again tonight...

Closed Thread

Old
12-05-2003, 05:25 PM
Digger12

vCash: 500
I see the Ducks got their guts stomped out again tonight...

To the tune of 6-2. Wouldn't Marc Savard look good in a Flames uniform? Oh wait...

Lupul with both goals for Ana. If I'm Lowe I say screw you and I hold out for Lupul + Perry...if the Ducks don't like it, too bad. It's not like they're setting the league on fire either, and their budget dictates they should be doing a lot better than we are.

Old
12-05-2003, 05:32 PM
oildrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12
To the tune of 6-2. Wouldn't Marc Savard look good in a Flames uniform? Oh wait...

Lupul with both goals for Ana. If I'm Lowe I say screw you and I hold out for Lupul + Perry...if the Ducks don't like it, too bad. It's not like they're setting the league on fire either, and their budget dictates they should be doing a lot better than we are.
They just might get desperate with that blowout.

Old
12-05-2003, 05:36 PM
momentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by oildrop
They just might get desperate with that blowout.
Maybe we can hope for a couple more?

Hope that isn't bad karma and Pittsburg, off all teams, blows us out on Saturday.

Old
12-05-2003, 06:28 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

they've had their clocks cleaned 2 games in a row now.

And just to fuel the fire a little bit more, I got a hearsay source tell me that Comrie will be in Anaheim soon, like really soon, my cousin goes to school with a guy at one of the local Post Secondary Instittions who has a few ties with the Oilers, he said that Mike will be out really soon, and that a deal is being finalized right now and that they are really really close.

He also said that Jason Chimera is really unhappy right now, apperantly KLO is a big fan of his but MacT is really hard on him and last year when Horcoff would make a mistake, MacT would take it easy on him and just talk him through his mistake, but when Chimera made a mistake, MacT was down his throat everytime; apperantly the 2 don't see eye to eye.

Anyways, this is what I heard from I guess a 2nd hand source, it might be snowflakes, but it might be a storm, we'll find out soon enough. I'm not one to have "connections" like this, but I trust my source, and he trusts his.

Old
12-05-2003, 06:51 PM
Digger12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowzie
they've had their clocks cleaned 2 games in a row now.

And just to fuel the fire a little bit more, I got a hearsay source tell me that Comrie will be in Anaheim soon, like really soon, my cousin goes to school with a guy at one of the local Post Secondary Instittions who has a few ties with the Oilers, he said that Mike will be out really soon, and that a deal is being finalized right now and that they are really really close.

He also said that Jason Chimera is really unhappy right now, apperantly KLO is a big fan of his but MacT is really hard on him and last year when Horcoff would make a mistake, MacT would take it easy on him and just talk him through his mistake, but when Chimera made a mistake, MacT was down his throat everytime; apperantly the 2 don't see eye to eye.

Anyways, this is what I heard from I guess a 2nd hand source, it might be snowflakes, but it might be a storm, we'll find out soon enough. I'm not one to have "connections" like this, but I trust my source, and he trusts his.
Actually, wasn't someone on here very recently saying that Jason Chimera's mom had said something very similar regarding Chimmer and MacT?

Old
12-05-2003, 07:06 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

Oh I see, no I missed that post I guess, Id like to read it though if you can direct the link my way.

but ya apperantly Jason Chimera gets a lot more flack then the other youngsters on the team, namely Horcoff who has it pretty easy.

Old
12-05-2003, 07:15 PM
Hemmer

Quote:
Oh I see, no I missed that post I guess, Id like to read it though if you can direct the link my way.

but ya apperantly Jason Chimera gets a lot more flack then the other youngsters on the team, namely Horcoff who has it pretty easy.

Gee. Big suprise. Resemble MacT as a player in any way, and you get the long, long leash. Doesn't explain Cleary really, but it does explain Pisani and the "concept" of a Scott Ferguson.

Horcoff should go away. Include him in a deal for Comrie. He should be a good player, but we have enough MacT clones around here. I'll take Chimera's North-South at 200mph game over Horcoffs North/West/Drop stick/trip over own feet/slide South/headfirst into boards game anyday.

Old
12-05-2003, 07:22 PM
bfan

Quote:
Oh please, Horcoff went through that for 2 season while Daniel Cleary was on this team. Good for Chimmer to suck it up, a character guy like that will get his chance. It just so happens he's a LW on a team loaded at that position.

Another point is that MacTavish has always had a thing for defensively responsible players, unless they provide a special offensive punch (see Hemsky and Smyth). Chimera really has to work on that aspect of his game, although he's gotten marginally better since last season.

Last edited by bfan: 12-05-2003 at 07:27 PM.
Old
12-05-2003, 07:22 PM
Digger12

Quote:

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?postid=537191

Xauxi brought it up. I just found it interesting 'cause what he/she brought up is eerily similar to what you said.

Old
12-05-2003, 07:26 PM
xauxi

Quote:
Actually, wasn't someone on here very recently saying that Jason Chimera's mom had said something very similar regarding Chimmer and MacT?
Just a fact! Please don't laugh.

Old
12-05-2003, 07:34 PM
Digger12

Quote:
Originally Posted by xauxi
Just a fact! Please don't laugh.
Look at my avatar. I am ALWAYS serious.

Old
12-05-2003, 10:15 PM
aki

Quote:
If I'm Lowe I say screw you and I hold out for Lupul + Perry.
He'd be holding out until hell freezes over then. No way in a million years does Anaheim do that deal.

Old
12-05-2003, 10:18 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by aki
He'd be holding out until hell freezes over then. No way in a million years does Anaheim do that deal.
Kevin Lowe shouldn't be trying for that deal either...

Seriously, just because we're having this guy's name shoved in our faces now doesn't make him anything more than he is

A MEDIOCRE PROSPECT.

Old
12-05-2003, 10:25 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:

Instead of being treated as he should've, as a guy who was a bubble player most of the season and not bringing much consistent play at all, he was infact treated as the F'ing golden boy. He was gonna be a 2nd line center magically, he showed a ton of progress (all about 10 games of it), he suddenly wasn't the hand-grenade puck-hander he'd always been......Right guys. They even threw his mug up in place of Comrie's on the website (nice choice webmaster....). Sure shows how incredibly brilliant our coaching staff is (I know they don't control the website ). I remember MacT blabbering on about him....all the while LMHF#1 sitting here, in this very chair, mocking such claims....

I think it's been proven who was on the ball on this one.

Chimera isn't a star, and needs to play better, but he certainly brings more to the table, especially in terms of potential contribution to a future winner, than our favorite anchor.

Old
12-05-2003, 11:01 PM
aki

I'd say Perry is more than a mediocre prospect. I'd say he's a solid prospect with a good deal of upside. Package him together with Lupul, who has enormous potential, and we'd have two future top six forwards nailed down.

That being said, I for one would like to see someone who can step in and contribute right now come back in return for Comrie. If we are talking roster players, however, I'm not really excited about the names being thrown around as possibly coming back from Anaheim - McDonald, Vishnevski, Chistov etc. The best of the lot would probably be Chistov - there are a lot of similarities between he and Comrie - a ton of upside too, although his lack of production so far this season is certainly troubling.

Old
12-06-2003, 03:42 AM
Yanner39

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
Kevin Lowe shouldn't be trying for that deal either...

Seriously, just because we're having this guy's name shoved in our faces now doesn't make him anything more than he is

A MEDIOCRE PROSPECT.
I agree. To be honest I think I have to brush up on my OHL 'cuz I follow the 67's but I've never heard of Corry Perry. Someone said he's in the OHL right? I just haven't heard of him.

Old
12-06-2003, 06:56 AM
Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aki
The best of the lot would probably be Chistov - there are a lot of similarities between he and Comrie - a ton of upside too, although his lack of production so far this season is certainly troubling.
From what little I've seen of Chistov, I think the lack of production can largely be attributed to the very defensive system that Babcock has in place. He seems to have trouble with it. I think that Edmonton's open style may be what he needs to improve his play - only maybe. I'd like to see him here - certainly my favorite of the names I've heard so far.

Closed Thread