HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Eller is huge

Old
09-28-2012, 07:03 PM
The Russian General
Força Portugal

vCash: 500
Price is big enough. He mostly needs leg strength and overall movement quickness.

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 07:25 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
Price is big enough. He mostly needs leg strength and overall movement quickness.
For a goalie he is big enough, for a goalie with no tough d-men in front of him? I prefer his old size. Obviously from an athletic standpoint no question agility will be better but I don't see habs having proper D to surround him tbh.

LyricalLyricist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 07:26 PM
Bob Cole

atleast he isnt fat like Kadri.

Bob Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 07:40 PM
Forsead

He look ripped like Kovalev.

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 09:27 PM
Subbanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly Winkle View Post
If there is such a thing as a ripped pot belly of abs - Eller has it.
lol no kidding!

Subbanned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 12:01 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Actually power/strength is directly correlated to the size of the muscle fibres and the amount of them. I'm paraphrasing and this reeks of broscience but it's really simple.

Eller's huge, maybe all he needs to work in is his mental game/stick-skills before he can dominate. I always see a little bit of Forsberg when he's on his game.
Whiskey win's the internet today!!!Muscle fiber=strenght, Foppa=Eller. MIND=BLOWN

Last edited by DaveG: 09-29-2012 at 08:08 AM. Reason: unnecessary
Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 01:07 AM
Hansen 36
BASED JIM BENNING

vCash: 420
Holy, I thought Eller's wife was supposed to be the one giving birth soon

Hansen 36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 06:58 AM
katatoniak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansen 36 View Post
Holy, I thought Eller's wife was supposed to be the one giving birth soon
having a child is a 2 persons project ... you split 50/50

katatoniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 07:42 AM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
Eller actually looks shopped in this picture. If it's real then he's going to be a monster this season (if we end up having one). Having a strong core makes a huge difference.

Price looks super thin too, I wonder if it'll have an impact (positive or negative) in his game.
I have a hard time believing it too. But I think he should have taken a lesson in balance, I don't see any tone in his arms, it's like he focused entirely on his abs.

Maybe it's just that I have zero faith in Eller. One positive thing I will say is that I hope playing in some tier 3 euro league against echl type competition will soften his hands.

macavoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 07:50 AM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
it's like he focused entirely on his abs.
Well, he's playing with the habs... maybe there's been some miscommunication with the training staff...

"You want to play for the habs? You must train all summer!
- Ok, ok, me train abs! me train abs!"

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 08:28 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Maybe it's just that I have zero faith in Eller.
Yeah, that's probably it, and your post once again proves you will interpret everything he does as a negative.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 08:41 AM
NH57
Habs 4 Life

So how much exactly is Eller listed at now?

Because most places that I have checked have him at 198 lbs, and he surely isn't 198 lbs now.

NH57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 09:03 AM
habtastic

As a "huge" Eller fan, I think he's been pretty big in past seasons too. Of course he's put on more, but like I've said in terms of his potential, just think of how lanky Mats Sundin was at the start. Not saying he will be Mats Sundin, but I think he'll have many of the same tools. I was already impressed with how Eller plays big. Dammit lockout!!!

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 09:34 AM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Yeah, that's probably it, and your post once again proves you will interpret everything he does as a negative.
Not really, my track record is pretty damn good. I begged for pacioretty to be sent to the AHL and after that happened, he broke out. I've called Avtsin a bust before it was cool, since day one. I loved Gorges as captain material since before Gio was captain.

I correctly called Halak ahead of development over Price but always maintained Price had the higher ceiling.

I've been right about just about everything. Although I admit, I've had some pretty crazy and bad ideas about random stuff. Search the threads I've started.

macavoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 09:38 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Not really, my track record is pretty damn good. I begged for pacioretty to be sent to the AHL and after that happened, he broke out. I've called Avtsin a bust before it was cool, since day one. I loved Gorges as captain material since before Gio was captain.

I correctly called Halak ahead of development over Price but always maintained Price had the higher ceiling.

I've been right about just about everything. Although I admit, I've had some pretty crazy and bad ideas about random stuff. Search the threads I've started.
I'm not knocking your hockey knowledge in general, from what I see your opinions are reasonable but you also have a massive hate on for Eller. Perhaps you are right but you don't seem to have any patient with development. Believe it or not players don't hit their peak at 22.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 09:42 AM
ChoseLa

Quote:

Everybody wanted Patch in the AHL and everybody knew Gorges was captain material. So your track record is calling Avtsin a bust, that's pretty impressive; you must be right about Eller.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 09:58 AM
Danadiens

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
Everybody wanted Patch in the AHL and everybody knew Gorges was captain material. So your track record is calling Avtsin a bust, that's pretty impressive; you must be right about Eller.
Hey I called Crosby would be good at hockey when he was drafted, I'm a genius.

Danadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 10:14 AM
DogsFan*
GHG

Quote:

Wow you predicted Avtsin to be a bust!? Trevor is that you? It's easy to see that Avtsin would not make it at the NHL level. I've watched him play. He was a project when we drafted him so I don't see how you'd get praise for predicting he'd be a bust.

DogsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 10:36 AM
HabsPassion

Quote:
I have a hard time believing it too. But I think he should have taken a lesson in balance, I don't see any tone in his arms, it's like he focused entirely on his abs.

Maybe it's just that I have zero faith in Eller. One positive thing I will say is that I hope playing in some tier 3 euro league against echl type competition will soften his hands.
Really? The only one who has more tone in his arms is Brandon Prust. I would put Eller second. Also, stronger arms is irrelevant in hockey. You must have a strong core, as in back, shoulders, legs, and chest. Your forearms/wrists are responsible for puck handling/shooting. I dont see where big biceps are needed.

Ill end on a positive note: Looking forward to seeing Lars back on the ice, I'm expecting a huge season from him next season whenever that season may be.

HabsPassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 11:41 AM
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Whiskey win's the internet today!!!Muscle fiber=strenght, Foppa=Eller. MIND=BLOWN
I'd love to know why people surf the net while they're on PCP. Just take it easy, enjoy yourself and when you come down then you can think about responding to other people's posts.

I'm going off what I remember from my (long ago) Biology classes. And I never ever said that Eller is as good as Peter fn Forsberg nor did I ever suggest that you have a mind which can be blown.

WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 11:45 AM
1UP

Holy Viking batman.

If we want a good forecheck, all we need is to have Therrien scream "PILLAGE!" at Eller.

I pity the D.

(Bonus, Pillage is the same word in french and english, so Therrien can't mess it up!)

1UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 11:50 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

So this is what we do during the lockout? Analyze the players with their shirts off and and argue about their amount of muscle tone?

Come to think of it, I just remembered the Emelin thread last year about his supposed pot belly, so even the lockout has nothing to do with it.

Only on HF...

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 12:11 PM
domdo345

Quote:

Having a huge core/abs like this cannot be obtained by training his abs. His huge glutes/quads/core implies he did some heavy squats/deadlifts this summer. These are the exercises that gives you the most strength and power. With that being said, adding that much mass might slow him down or drain his endurance. Anyway, Eller has engaged T-Rex mode and I can't wait to see the results on the ice.

domdo345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 12:19 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by domdo345 View Post
Having a huge core/abs like this cannot be obtained by training his abs. His huge glutes/quads/core implies he did some heavy squats/deadlifts this summer. These are the exercises that gives you the most strength and power. With that being said, adding that much mass might slow him down or drain his endurance. Anyway, Eller has engaged T-Rex mode and I can't wait to see the results on the ice.
Wrong.

You build abs by working abs.......end of story. Deadlifts build lower back strength which is a vital part of building overall core strength.

Fact: You can only build a muscle by specifically working that muscle. You don't build triceps by doing preacher curls and you don't build quads by doing hamstring curls.

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 12:20 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Everyone is talking about the abs, but look at his thighs. A ****ing horse.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote