HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Madison Square Garden Renovations (Part IV)

Closed Thread

Old
09-29-2012, 12:10 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
I am going to hate this new building so much.... :-( sigh......
The worst thing about the new setup is I can't walk from warmups right to my 300-level seats. I have to go back to the lobby escalators

09-29-2012, 12:19 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
I am going to hate this new building so much.... :-( sigh......
uh why exactly? we'll have more bathrooms and places to get something to eat so we dont have to miss large parts of the game?

the 400s level was the absolute worst in terms of going to get something to eat and go to the bathroom, we had nothing and usually had to go down to the 7th floor to get something to eat. (last year the 6th.) i cant wait until they're done, the renovation is going to be great.

Old
09-29-2012, 02:17 PM
Baby Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
uh why exactly? we'll have more bathrooms and places to get something to eat so we dont have to miss large parts of the game?

the 400s level was the absolute worst in terms of going to get something to eat and go to the bathroom, we had nothing and usually had to go down to the 7th floor to get something to eat. (last year the 6th.) i cant wait until they're done, the renovation is going to be great.
During special events MSG would herd you into the 400's like cattle than pretty much lock you up there prevening you from leaving. If any part of the garden needed updating it was the 400 section.

Old
09-29-2012, 03:42 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
The worst thing about the new setup is I can't walk from warmups right to my 300-level seats. I have to go back to the lobby escalators
Yeah, that's really the only issue I see for people on a regular basis...along with people visiting friends/family who are in the other bowl (upper/lower). But (being selfish) I'm all for the change if it means people won't be walking around the arena in front of my row 1/2 seats going forward. That's going to be great...that and being a bit higher and closer to the ice. My sight lines should be much improved. In your case, you'll still have nearly 20 minutes to get up the escalators, so it's not the end of the world.

Old
09-29-2012, 03:46 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Yeah, that's really the only issue I see for people on a regular basis...along with people visiting friends/family who are in the other bowl (upper/lower). But (being selfish) I'm all for the change if it means people won't be walking around the arena in front of my row 1/2 seats going forward. That's going to be great...that and being a bit higher and closer to the ice. My sight lines should be much improved. In your case, you'll still have nearly 20 minutes to get up the escalators, so it's not the end of the world.
An usher actually told me they are "trying to do away with up-close warmups". One game last year, I was told by two ushers I couldn't go down, but the third one let me through. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the Rangers stopped letting the fans go down close before the game

Old
09-29-2012, 04:12 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
An usher actually told me they are "trying to do away with up-close warmups". One game last year, I was told by two ushers I couldn't go down, but the third one let me through. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the Rangers stopped letting the fans go down close before the game
I went down for pretty much every game I went to and almost every playoff game. The areas you're not allowed to go to are the event level suites, the seats right next to the tunnel they come out of since people would hang over and there's not that much room to begin with, and I think the folding chair seats right behind the glass. I was allowed to go down every other time. Whenever the ushers asked me and I told them they allowed me to go.

09-29-2012, 04:13 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

One thing I'll miss about the 400's is the fact that I could leave my seat and watch the game from behind the section. I'd always be able to leave with 30 seconds to play or so, watch the rest of the period, then get down quickly to the concessions and get back to my seat with plenty of time left. I suppose you could do that now with the upper concessions above the 200's though.

Old
09-29-2012, 04:24 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
That's annoying. And I guess the upper/lower division will also make it more difficult for those who stick around after the game and head towards the lower seats to watch the 3 stars and hope to catch a puck/stick.

Old
09-29-2012, 04:30 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
I went down for pretty much every game I went to and almost every playoff game. The areas you're not allowed to go to are the event level suites, the seats right next to the tunnel they come out of since people would hang over and there's not that much room to begin with, and I think the folding chair seats right behind the glass. I was allowed to go down every other time. Whenever the ushers asked me and I told them they allowed me to go.
Both ushers didn't even let me through the lower bowl entranceway from the 6th floor concourse. I'll be mad if they start restricting this. The suits sitting down there can go in the clubs until the game start and let the real fans see our team up close

Old
09-29-2012, 05:35 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Both ushers didn't even let me through the lower bowl entranceway from the 6th floor concourse. I'll be mad if they start restricting this. The suits sitting down there can go in the clubs until the game start and let the real fans see our team up close
Really? Never had that issue. Wouldn't shock me to see them restricting it all together though.

Old
09-29-2012, 05:40 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:

Absolutely non of that crap matters to me. All I cared about was cheap tickets to watch Rangers hockey. Penn station takes care of any food and beverage issues. And yes I am aware that we probably have very different perspectives of what attending a Rangers game should be like.

Old
09-29-2012, 06:21 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
Absolutely non of that crap matters to me. All I cared about was cheap tickets to watch Rangers hockey. Penn station takes care of any food and beverage issues. And yes I am aware that we probably have very different perspectives of what attending a Rangers game should be like.
It's a business dude. Quit whining about cheap tickets. Some people don't have time to go to penn station for cheaper food and drink. Or some people get hungry or want a beer during the game. Jeez what an idea that is. Can't go to penn station during the game can you? The upper bowl renovation is going to be great for most if not all of us who sit there. Can't wait.

Old
09-29-2012, 06:21 PM
Kane One
HFB Partner

vCash: 823
Quote:
Prepare to get ripped by Kreiders Underwear.

09-29-2012, 06:45 PM
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Happy holidays! :)

Quote:
It's a business dude. Quit whining about cheap tickets. Some people don't have time to go to penn station for cheaper food and drink. Or some people get hungry or want a beer during the game. Jeez what an idea that is. Can't go to penn station during the game can you? The upper bowl renovation is going to be great for most if not all of us who sit there. Can't wait.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
Prepare to get ripped by Kreiders Underwear.
Some suits post here, by the way.

Old
09-29-2012, 06:59 PM
Kane One
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megustaelhockey View Post
Some suits post here, by the way.
I was defending them.

Old
09-29-2012, 07:11 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

That's why I put a sarcasm face. Nothing to get worked up about.

Old
09-29-2012, 07:23 PM
Kane One
HFB Partner

I was joking.

Old
10-01-2012, 07:41 AM
ratdog07067

Hockey boards...

Old
10-01-2012, 08:03 AM
Krampus
Call me Nils

Haven't kept up much with the renovation (because my section was already done...) Did they finish with the new seats?

Old
10-02-2012, 01:26 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Haven't followed this for a while, does anyone know if there are renovations during wrestlemania weekend next year, April 5th to april 7h 2013...

Old
10-02-2012, 07:23 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
In the years just after the 04 lockout I always went down and sat first row behind the goal of the away team warmups before the game. Usher's didnt care at all. I was going to 30+ games then and I saw lots of memorable things. Like Ollie Jokinen, then on Florida, kept trying to flip a little kid a puck. He kept trying to get it between the glass and the net and just couldnt get it to him. He was laughing his ass off the whole time. And Scott Hartnell then on Nash got his nose exploded by a puck to the face.

By 09 the ushers were starting to crack down and made it so annoying that I just stopped going down. I can see both sides of letting people go down/not letting people.

Old
10-02-2012, 07:24 AM
Legend23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
Haven't followed this for a while, does anyone know if there are renovations during wrestlemania weekend next year, April 5th to april 7h 2013...
I highly doubt there will be any construction as hockey (hopefully) and basketball will still be in season. There may be some behind the scenes construction but nothing to effect the event.

Can MSG cancel WWE if they need the dates for the Rangers or Knicks?

Old
10-02-2012, 09:00 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Not cancel, but they could move the Hall Of Fame to the smaller arena within MSG

Old
10-03-2012, 01:03 AM
Ready4show

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratdog07067 View Post
Hockey boards...

Looks to me that those are brand new dasher boards panels going in for a few reasons:

1. The boards look to have been shipped in on skids from the factory and have not yet been transferred to MSG stack racks. See skidded dashers behind forklift near where the top of 7th and 33rd face off circle would be.

2. Compared to old photos (September, 2011) the panel backside frames look different, the blue top cap has a different hole pattern and the groove for the glass also looks deeper.

3. When they set the rink after phase 1, the old ad decals were visible. The boards in the latest photo look very clean with no evidence of prior decals or panel ID numbers marked on the sides.

4. The base anchoring system also appears to be new.

I believe that this is the Crystaplex rink system that has been utilized in several NHL and other buildings.

Now if they only get to use them!

Old
10-03-2012, 07:46 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
The term, "cheap" is relative. You have been complaining about tickets being too expensive, well guess what, they are NOT going to get any "cheaper".

Closed Thread